Detective Conan World
Jodie Starling

Boss of The Black Organization?

Who is the boss?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the boss?

• New Character (not yet introduced)
    • Minor Character (appeared once or a few times before, such as a case suspect or in a case flashback)
    • Other known character not specifically mentioned below (Recurring characters)
    • Relative of known character (not yet introduced)
    • Someone else
    • Agasa Hiroshi
    • James Black
    • Miyano Atsushi
    • Elena Miyano
    • Okino Yoko
    • Okiya Subaru/Akai Shuuichi
    • Yamamura Misae
    • Matsumoto Kiyonaga
    • Kudo Yuusaku
    • Mouri Kogoro
    • Kisaki Eri
    • Sharon Vineyard
    • Gin

Another thing, where is Heji's guestbook? how come I had not seen it? is it out in the Anime? if not what's the manga chapter that appears in it? thanks.

Aside from that, I think the Boss is someone who is dying, due to the facts: one, his message to Vermouth: 

It looks like I have given you too much freedom. Come back to my side, Vermouth.

From this we could speculate that the Boss needs Vermouth to his side maybe to attend him(?) also if we look at the underlined words, we could conclude that the Boss needs her most of the time to his side, owning to one day is too much freedom relatively for him.

Two, The Boss communicate with other members with email/messages, from this we could speculate that the Boss can't talk because of his illness or to hide his personality after taking the drug that shrunk him and changed his voice to a kid's voice.(?) (Meaning that Vermouth knows that, probably that's why she acts on her own sometimes -like hiding Conan/Haibra identites- although she is the closest to the Boss, yet, I don't think that the Boos is that stupid to let a woman -popular one- to act on her own without any observation UNLESS he is ill, or as I stated before he took the drug and shrunk, however there is a third possibility and that is the Boss knows what Vermouth is doing behind his back, still, not making a move.)

Another thing, where is Heji's guestbook? how come I had not seen it? is it out in the Anime? if not what's the manga chapter that appears in it? thanks.

Aside from that, I think the Boss is someone who is dying, due to the facts: one, his message to Vermouth: 

From this we could speculate that the Boss needs Vermouth to his side maybe to attend him(?) also if we look at the underlined words, we could conclude that the Boss needs her most of the time to his side, owning to one day is too much freedom relatively for him.

Two, The Boss communicate with other members with email/messages, from this we could speculate that the Boss can't talk because of his illness or to hide his personality after taking the drug that shrunk him and changed his voice to a kid's voice.(?) (Meaning that Vermouth knows that, probably that's why she acts on her own sometimes -like hiding Conan/Haibra identites- although she is the closest to the Boss, yet, I don't think that the Boos is that stupid to let a woman -popular one- to act on her own without any observation UNLESS he is ill, or as I stated before he took the drug and shrunk, however there is a third possibility and that is the Boss knows what Vermouth is doing behind his back, still, not making a move.)

I can still recall there were times when Gin was on the phone with the boss. Also, voices can also be disguised in the Detective Conan universe so that it won't matter unless it is his vocal cords that can't function normally ^^

I can still recall there were times when Gin was on the phone with the boss. Also, voices can also be disguised in the Detective Conan universe so that it won't matter unless it is his vocal cords that can't function normally ^^

Gin was never shown to be speaking on the phone to the boss. As far as we know Gin is text only.

@Zeaos, search the wiki for guestbook to find the pictures.

• Upvote 1

I voted for somebody else. Specifically Inspector Megure. There r a lot of suspicion that I placed on him. But I could not dig back to find the proof.

Guys I think its shinichi's father because he is very careful and M.I.A always

But why did he drugged shinichi?

No he's not the one who ordered for it

It's just Gin who wanted to saw what can APTX-4869 can do

But why does shinichi's father keeping secret until now?

Because he wanted to determine shinichi's potential

This is just my theory iam still not sure if it's true :)

1. It’s someone that Haibara would never have expected. > Means that he didn't possessed an antagonist behaviour in the storyline.
  2. Have a very close relation with vermouth.(file 898. Even the other members of BO would be surprised if they knew)
  3. They're developing a drug that could cheat death."We can be both God and Devil since we are trying to raise the dead against the stream of time"--Vermouth.

"It's a nostrum to raise the dead. I wonder if that answer is satisfactory?"--Haibara Ai

4. They need an unknown dangerous software for their bussiness. "No, I can't finish it... I won't. That program must not be completed, not for the sake of my vision but for humanity."--Suguru Itakura.
  5. Aoyama revealed that he didn't expect the Detective Conan series to last longer than three months. > This indicates that the boss might have been hinted early in Detective Conan. source
  • Upvote 1

Hello I'm new here, but I like DC since long time!!

My ideias about the boss:

@@@@@ I like the ideia he's old and Vermouth need to take care and stay by "his side"...:

=>maybe her not so fake husband ( old cause maybe the drug she used on her didn't work on him, maybe put him sick on a bed...thats why they developing the Aptx, to cheat death//prolong life)

=> or maybe her father( above excuse applies too)

@@@@Other ideia I have is Kogoro father: I played with the names...Nanatsu no Ko ( song), karatsu ( crow), kuro(black)....got 7 crows, 7th crow...and "Kokuro nanatsu" ....kokuro similar prononciation with Kogoro.."kogoro child"....

=>maybe his father!

@@@this chapter lead me to a minor character( suspicius MIFUNE...26 and rich, appeared other chapters in the beggining, looks like a crow xD) and one that did not appear, I think, but love the Black Star (Sonoko Grandfather..has shit load nof money, dunno if alive or dead) vOEQ7Kah.jpg

@@Final is Haibara father.... ---

EDIT: About Vermouth and husband/father plot:

My guess she and her "husband" or father took some substance that made her immortal(maybe almost cause maybe she can become old but very very slowly)...to the masculine figure (one of the two...the boss?? It did not go so well, He got sick but somewhat still alive, thats why the Aptx program, lously based on that "substance" improved research to cheat death/ prolong life....

@@@@@Plot twist: before events of conan he took the Aptx and turned into a child, a 7year old child...that's why the ringtone is Nanatso no Ko...and Vermouth knows all about it, that's why she is keeping Conan and Haibara secret to not risk the boss. That's all folks :-)

sorry about the english !

Best regards

i just think that the kid (mysterious one not kaito)is anokata shrunked her name chris vineyard (the real deal) and vermouth is her mom but younger by whatever mean and sera is rum  

Hints of Anokata, most up to date in the manga as of chapter 898:

Taken from the DCW Wiki.

1. His(non specified, just using the masculine as defaul) phone number is the beginning few notes of Nanatsu no Ko, meaning Child of Seven (7 year old) or Seven Children. 

2. Anokata is weary of Akai Shuuichi, similar to Vermouth, and believes Shuuichi alone can take down the organization

3. On the mention of Vermouth, she seems to be the bosses favorite, and cannot age. At the end of Scarlet Epilogue(I believe) Rei/Zero, says "To think you are the boss'…" Before he is stopped by the gun. 

4. In an interview, Aoyama Gosho stated that Anokata has been shown already, and has been stated with full name, unfortunately, he didn't specify between, Major character, minor character, or a random suspect that has shown up in a case.

5. The Black Organization's real name gives away the boss.

6. Conan's voice actress (Aoyama's Ex-wife) knows who it is.

7. Aoyama didn't expect DC to last more than three months, so Anokata may have been hinted early on.

8. According to Miyano Akemi, the reason the operatives dress in black is because they are supposed to resemble crows.

9. Professor Agasa is confirmed not to be Anokata.

MY SPECULATION (These points correspond to the above as add ons, I originally typed them together, but then it looked very long)

1. I personally believe it's the latter, seeing how there are seven active, high ranking, black organization members (Gin, Vodka, Vermouth, Kir, Chianti, Korn, Rum)

3. At the middle of Scarlet Epilogue, Rei/Zero, says "To think you are the boss'…" Before he is stopped by the gun. This sentence can be ended with virtually anything, however, I doubt it's "Lover" because Gin and a lot of members suspects that already, so they would not be "surprised". I could be "mother" "sister" or I think any family member would be surprising. Rei obviously knows Vermouths secret to non aging. Personally, I believe that Vermouth had developed a similar drug to the APTX4869 to de-age, or stop aging, because she is of similar age to Shinichi's mom. On a slightly off track note, I believe Scotch is the source of the feud of Akai and Rei. 

5. Realistically thinking, it wouldn't be his name, because imagine how awkward that'd be while recruiting. Therefore, I'm presuming it's a company or a clan, so we can narrow it down to companies and families that have shown up in DC. This company or family is very well to do, seeing how they have their own research facility, and was able to finance Miyano Atsushi, providing him with a large research space. It's very likely to be a family, because Aoyama had said "The name of the organization would give it away" For me, the leading suspicion is the Suzuki's, because they are rich, and many of their members have been named by name.

7.  If anyone has owned a company or is of a large family, or only showed up once, and never reappeared again, or only reappeared a few times, that is suspicious.

8. Combined the Nanatsu no Ko thing, it makes me think that it is "Seven Children" and Anokata thinks of himself as a Mother Crow to the Seven main operatives, so this is not dismissing Anokata being a woman. The song lyrics of NnK is basically the mother crow calling her children "good" and "cute".

Anokata's motives for the organization is unclear, he had tried to have Yasuteru Domon assassinated, a man who was cracking down on crime and had plans to run as Prime Minister. It's shown that the B.O. is not a well known organized crime party, as no one on the police force knows about them. The only people who know about them are the people who specialize in espionage in their respective governments. This could be because the B.O. hides behind a legitimate corporation front, and companies that ship things are ways to smuggle in weapons, as guns are illegal in Japan (I believe). Although Anokata seems to be very fond of Vermouth, giving her a long latitude of independency, it doesn't seem Vermouth likes Anokata that much, as she has hidden Conan from Anokata, even though Vermouth had commented to herself that Conan may very well be the second Silver Bullet. Another proof of this is that Vermouth seems to be the eyes and ears of Anokata in the B.O. itself, and keeps Anokata informed. However, 3 people have successfully infiltrated the B.O. Ethan Hondou, Akai Shuuichi, and an unnamed, Scotch. It could be that Vermouth's allegiance is more to herself, and if she sees entertainment in it, she will leave it be.

Also, Haibara Ai/Miyano Shiho definitely knows something about Anokata that she isn't letting on, perhaps for Conan's safety. Because she was born into the Organization, she might know the true name.

On the topic of the Miyano's, Rei has commented once that he had met Atsushi before, making the woman who calls him 'Zero-kun' very likely to be Elena, as she's British.

This is what I gathered from what we know. Please add on!

In Mystery train case. Gin seem ok to let Sonoko's uncle get caught in the explosion. If he's the boss GIn would inform him.

We already got this for BO boss.  This thread may get merged.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/523-boss-of-the-black-organization/

I believe Scotch is the source of the feud of Akai and Rei. 

Most people will agree

In Mystery train case. Gin seem ok to let Sonoko's uncle get caught in the explosion. If he's the boss GIn would inform him.

We already got this for BO boss.  This thread may get merged.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/523-boss-of-the-black-organization/

Most people will agree

If he's the boss, he would have already known, since he's the one giving Vermouth freedom 

If he already known, he will not stay around the train station to get killed.

And he will not so angry someone get murdered on his trian, despite allow Gin to blow it to bits.

If he already known, he will not stay around the train station to get killed.

And he will not so angry someone get murdered on his trian, despite allow Gin to blow it to bits.

True… 

A few suspects...

1) Fusae Campbell -- Very wealth middle aged person who may be looking for a chance to revert her age and resume the relationship with a younger (or even child) version of Professor. Haibara says that the BO members have a scent... in addition the organization had chemical facities among other kind of business. Both facts may be hints that BO should be somehow the reason or success of Fusae brand (or vice versa -- the profits from brand being used to finance the BO). Last but not least Aoyama Sensei said that "That Person" should be someone who is not Professor Agasa, but shock Haibara.

2) Jirokichi Suzuki - Very wealth but aged man who is proud of his achievements (world's records) may be looking for a chance to revert his age and once again break more records as when he was young. It's a fact that Jirokichi does not care about spending huge sums of money in order to be in the first page of a newspaper. Since he is a relative of Sonoko, and more than acquaintance of the Detective Boys and Mouri family, he may be "That Person" who will shock Haibara when the actual identity is revealed.

The common point is that those two travel a lot and may be ruthless, motivated by the desire to get younger. It's very unlikely that "The Kudos" or even Sonoko's father would take such extreme measures to revert back to youth and even to increase their respective fortunes.

None of them seem like particularly good candidates, but here's my top 3 so far: 

1) Yuusaku Kudou: he seems to be the only one who can intellectually best his son. And there's something a little fishy about him. 

2) Makoto Kyougoku: ridiculous, I know. But he IS basically the strongest character known so far. It's not impossible that he may be hiding an equally strong intellect underneath that muscular frame.

3) Yukiko Kudou: the woman of many masks...   

None of them seem like particularly good candidates, but here's my top 3 so far: 

1) Yuusaku Kudou: he seems to be the only one who can intellectually best his son. And there's something a little fishy about him. 

2) Makoto Kyougoku: ridiculous, I know. But he IS basically the strongest character known so far. It's not impossible that he may be hiding an equally strong intellect underneath that muscular frame.

3) Yukiko Kudou: the woman of many masks...   

Makoto would make probably make a really good BO henchman. That guy is freaking invincible. But an operator or the boss? Kinda doesn't make sense, considering his primary assets.

Kinda doesn't make sense, considering his primary assets.

Agreed to a certain to extent; it doesn't really make sense--considering what we think we know about him. He seldom makes an appearance, and he became Sonoko's boyfriend for some unknown reason (perhaps for no particular reason--someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this; it's been a long time since I watched the relevant episodes). His intellectual abilities have yet to be revealed. For all I know, he could secretly be an evil genius that issues orders in between his karate matches :P. If by an off-chance I am correct, he would not be unlike Bane of the Batman universe: peak human physical condition with a genius-level intellect to match.     

As a side note, it's possible that Gosho Aoyama has changed the true identity of Anokata because of the speculations. Someone might've already figured it out.