Detective Conan World
Akazora

Official Magic Kaito 1412 News and Discussion Thread

oh hey, Episode 11 is out

There’ll be no Magic Kaito on the 3rd of January, 2015.

Episode 13 will air on the 10th.  Source FFF

Anime Christmas/New Year delays always slay me.  Not so much in MK1412's case, but usually.

Episode 11 was actually kind of fun.  Akako looked gorgeous (her purple sweater and black stocking outfit was like woah) and Nakamori and Kaitou had some bromance going on.  You know what, that's it.  It's final.  I ship the inspector and Kaitou Kid.

Iwillgodownwiththisship.gif  

(there are so many images I want to use in this situation, but I am being a good boy and only using one)

Apparently, Crunchyroll has also picked up MK1412.

• episodes 1-4 are already up, so you can check those out
  • two episodes will be released every week until they're all caught up
  • only available on Crunchyroll for US and Canada
  • However, FFFansubs will continue subbing it

Crunchyroll article

Go nuts.

Apparently, Crunchyroll has also picked up MK1412.

• episodes 1-4 are already up, so you can check those out
  • two episodes will be released every week until they're all caught up
  • only available on Crunchyroll for US and Canada
  • However, FFFansubs will continue subbing it

Crunchyroll article

Go nuts.

Not the biggest fan of Crunchyroll, but better than Funimation. I actually prefer Funimation's translations to Crunchyroll's, but prefer Crunchyroll's typesetting to Funimation's.

For now I'll just stick to FFFansubs since they're doing a splendid job, but when Crunchyroll overtakes them and releases episodes on time, I guess I'll convert.

You know what, that's it.  It's final.  I ship the inspector and Kaitou Kid.

Iwillgodownwiththisship.gif  

(there are so many images I want to use in this situation, but I am being a good boy and only using one)

That's just wrong on so many levels xD

But yeah. Bromance. I'm surprised there aren't more people shipping this, TBH.

Crunchyroll, I'm so proud of you. First it's DC, and now MK1412? Aw...

Episode 13 was actually pretty fun.  I had already seen the special adaption of it, but I think A-1's non-canon moments were really well done.  First off, Crunchyroll did a nice job with the subs.  There were no glaring translation issues at least.  The new opening and ending are pretty decent.  There's a bit of foreshadowing in the opening and the overall color scheme and tone is a bit darker.  We also have quite a few scenes with [highlight for manga spoilers] Kaitou Corbeau in them, which was cool.  The ending was pretty basic, but we did get Akako in her OVA 1 attire as well as a mini movie 14 reference in one of the sepia colored scenes.  As for the actual episode, showing some of the other pairs in the ski competition was a great idea.  The Titanic one got me, haha.  Akako looked nice in her Elsa *ahem* Snow Queen costume.  I actually enjoyed this episode, though I'm not too sure how much I'll enjoy the Crystal Mother one we're getting next week, since they've animated that one twice already.

I have mixed feelings about watching the Crystal Mother adaptation for the third. time.

Also, I can't get used to Akako's new hair color. I miss that rich, maroon tint.

I still can't get used to the new art style either.

v0IeuIw.png?1341px-Akako_Koizumi_MK1412.jpg

whos gonna watch the crystal mother again 

tumblr_lr2ydmiF9Q1qanpgno1_400.gif

The MAL completionist in me is making me do it.

I have mixed feelings about watching the Crystal Mother adaptation for the third. time.

Also, I can't get used to Akako's new hair color. I miss that rich, maroon tint.

I still can't get used to the new art style either.

v0IeuIw.png?1341px-Akako_Koizumi_MK1412.jpg

LiftMyHandsAndPray.jpg

RIP only thing making MK worth watching.

We have 14,7,8 out

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Bruh, this is Crystal Mother 3.0 we're talking about.  Already watched it and, well, it's just Crystal Mother.  There's honestly nothing for me to say.

It just didn't have Rose (OVA) or Spider (TV Special) but otherwise nearly identical.

the animation looked amazing to me

hope that they transit this in DC

it would make me love DC again 

DC OVA of CRYSTAL MOTHER WAS BETTER

I liked Spider though. They went nowhere with that, but I still liked it.

the animation looked better than usual to me

hope that they transit this in DC

it would make me love DC again 

DC OVA of CRYSTAL MOTHER WAS BETTER 

Fixed it for you.

MK1412's animation is getting better over time.  I think A-1 Studio initially underestimated the number Kaito Kid fangirls and are only now deciding to pump money into the series.  Either that, or a ton of animators were freed up after SAO II ended.  It's probably a mix of the both, though more of the latter.  Either way, it's a stretch to say MK1412 has "amazing" animation given there's not much movement (as opposed to an action anime) and it doesn't exactly have an impressive frame rate. 

don't fix my posts

i stand by what i said

maybe we will now, for moneys sake, get Magic kaito 1412 ovas and specials and movies

Different strokes for different folks.  I have very high expectations and standards when it comes to anime, for good or for worse.  I'm standing by my statement that MK1412's animation has improved since episode 1 but has not yet reached average level yet.  "Amazing" is reserved for only a select few anime that not only have good animation but also take directional and artistic risks as well as provide a unique and groundbreaking visual experience.  I would rather not water down the definition of the word "amazing" by tacking it on to MK1412.