Detective Conan World
Akazora

Official Magic Kaito 1412 News and Discussion Thread

@kirsch:

Oh, so Kid never really appeared in the movie at all? Too bad, such a three-way crossover would have been really interesting. ^^

I just realized I never saw this >.<

Yeah, pretty much. If it counts for anything, I watched the one second he appeared in the beginning and the minute he appeared in the end over and over again.

Just watched episode. 8 today. This episode was well layed out. And as much as I don't see anything wrong with it, the animation has gotten a bit better than before, which this usually always happens to anime overtime. ;)

"The Phantom Lady" episode 9., seems very interesting. Can't wait to see it.

I finally caught up after being lazy for a few weeks.

Episode 7 (Kaitou Kid's Busy Date): Nothing special; practically the same as the older version. I do like the fact that Kaito now eats at Nakamori's house, so there was that scene where they were just staring at each other.

Episode 8 (The Adult's Curse): I love Akako, but her character confuses me sometime. She changes back and forth between liking Kaito and wanting to 'erase' him so much... Overall, a pretty nice episode, especially the first part that imitated your average horror movie.

Just watched episode. 8 today. This episode was well layed out. And as much as I don't see anything wrong with it, the animation has gotten a bit better than before, which this usually always happens to anime overtime. ;)

"The Phantom Lady" episode 9., seems very interesting. Can't wait to see it.

I beg to differ as most if not all anime have impressive animation in the first few episodes to nab the attention of potential viewers that tapers down the road.  Once someone has already started watching a series, they might as well finish it, especially after having seen 7 episodes.  Amping up the budget on the 8th episode, which only people who are practically guaranteed to finish the anime will see, won't exactly do much to boost viewership and ultimately sales.  A-1 Pictures is currently working on SAO II, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, and Nanatsu no Taizai, all of which are being given higher budgets than MK1412, so it's not like they have a lot of money to spare.  Some anime save money to make top notch animation at climactic high points in the series, wether they be fight scenes or moments of tension and drama.  But episode 8 wasn't anything that deserved more attention to detail than usual.  The only thing I can fathom is that one of their key animators wasn't needed in one of the previous anime I listed for this past week and had time to work on MK1412, hence the slight but noticeable change in quality.      

• Upvote 1

Well to people that haven't watched Detective Conan before, they would have no idea how Conan and Kid had previously met. So either A1 is going to do a condensed flashback of the black star case in the middle of the episode (since I've heard the Ryoma case has another episode in line) or they will take the AO route and start changing things around. Honestly, I don't know which one would work out better :/

I'm glad that the series animation is improving. Maybe one of the animators noticed the animation was a bit off or something. Anyways, sounds like great news to hear.

And oh my God. Yes! I was waiting for this moment and it finally came. Conan's debut in Magic Kaito 1412! And Oh my, the animation looks soo beautiful in that episode that I am literally going to cry. *grabs a tissue* The preview was soo short. Teaser trailers, why must you do this to us? xD!

I haven't seen the Black Star episode yet, but this next episode, Ryoma, looks like the most exciting, I honestly can't wait for it. (Huge Conan fan right here. :P)

Just noticed that this next episode marks the 10th episode of the series.

*Just watched the episode 11 trailer for the continuation of the Detective Conan x Kaito Kid episode. It seems rather different than the first time Conan met Kid in the Detective Conan series.*

Edited by Moonlit Flower

Cause the attack on FFF, does anyone know when they will bounce back and start releasing again 

Did you happen to post on the wrong topic? Anyways, if you're asking about re showing the episodes on ytv, or releasing them on DVD, I'm not entirely sure when that will be exactly. I'm not too familiar with FFF.

Anyways, here's the trailer for episode 11, in case any of you wanted to see it.:

http://puto.pt/kaito1206_0011.mp4

Did you happen to post on the wrong topic? Anyways, if you're asking about re showing the episodes on ytv, or releasing them on DVD, I'm not entirely sure when that will be exactly. I'm not too familiar with FFF.

he's referring to the attack on FFF and whether it's going to affect the uploading schedule for MK1412--so yes, it's on topic.

Cause the attack on FFF, does anyone know when they will bounce back and start releasing again 

"Fortunately, we do have backups of most of the unreleased content, so releases should go on as per normal"

(taken from their website)

he's referring to the attack on FFF and whether it's going to affect the uploading schedule for MK1412--so yes, it's on topic.

"Fortunately, we do have backups of most of the unreleased content, so releases should go on as per normal"

(taken from their website)

For a second there i was like: " kenzi is one of FFFs staff "

its strange how I, who not interest in kid since the jirokichi character appeared, am impatient on the releases 

For a second there i was like: " kenzi is one of FFFs staff "

its strange how I, who not interest in kid since the jirokichi character appeared, am impatient on the releases 

I've been halfheartedly following MK1412 myself, only because there are so many other anime I'm watching.  The fansubbed releases are sporadic, but I don't really mind.  Whenever I see a new episode is up on the streaming site I use, I just make sure I don't have any homework or other plans and get to it whenever I can.  But I know how it is to be impatient for a new episode because there's this one anime I'm watching that gets me worked up if it's even a few minutes delayed.  Video games are also another great way to pass the time between releases; I can recommend some good ones.

I doubt that i watch as half as much animes as you, the only one im wating now is the continuation of digimon adventures that are coming this spring. But im kinda not looking forward to jirokichi in kid cause once he showed up it has been stupid. Beffore that i respected and liked the kid character. Also he stole the magic that was between kid and conan

As the Prof said, episode 9 has been fansubbed.  It wasn't bad, I just wish I liked Kaito's mom a bit more.  I'm not the biggest fan of her personality or her looks, so I don't think I appreciated this episode as much as I should have.  Looks like next episode we're going to finish up the Phantom Lady arc and start a heist involving the DC crew.  Interesting directional choice to split an arc like this, but I guess it's better than rushing the whole thing.

I liked this episode, and it's great that there's going to be another part to it and which introduces us to the Conan x Kid crossover. There's going to be two parts to the Conan x Kid episode (Including this next episode.), I can't wait for it to air. (It may take a while before it gets fansubbed though. D: )

As the Prof said, episode 9 has been fansubbed.  It wasn't bad, I just wish I liked Kaito's mom a bit more.  I'm not the biggest fan of her personality or her looks, so I don't think I appreciated this episode as much as I should have.  Looks like next episode we're going to finish up the Phantom Lady arc and start a heist involving the DC crew.  Interesting directional choice to split an arc like this, but I guess it's better than rushing the whole thing.

yeah, i dont feel anything special with his mom either

but it was nice to see the real kid 

Full versions of the opening and ending are out.

It took me a while to find them since the ED was pretty much nonexistent on YouTube due to copyright stuff.

Kimi no matsu sekai (OP)

WHITE OF CRIME (ED)

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

Kimi no matsu sekai has a smooth rhythm. It's an okay song to listen to, and I'm always into the all girl bands. My most favoirte all girl band is Scandal. LAGOON, looks okay so far, so I might check out their future songs sometime.

White of Crime, is definitely one of my favorites. It's my type of song. I like the tempo, awesome lyrics, and a very steady beat. Revalcy only has two members, so it seems a bit small, but hopefully, they will start to reach popularity soon. I really like this song, so I'm looking forward to more music from Revalcy in the future.

Can't wait for this next episode coming this Saturday. This week has been going a bit slow for me, so I'm really pumped for the weekend.

I think it's strange seeing Conan as the antagonist in Kid's perspective.

...especially since we've been watching Conan as the "good guy" for all these years.

Just watched episode 10. I was hoping to see much more scenes of Conan, but since this is Magic Kaito, Kaito does deserve more screen time. I rather liked this episode though, and the series is finally having continuation episodes, which is great. The preview made me laugh. I liked how Conan stole kid's thunder. "There is only one truth!" "Wha-?! No! See you next illusion!" :P