Detective Conan World
Akazora

Official Magic Kaito 1412 News and Discussion Thread

I just watched episode 4 (The Great Detective Steps Into the Light).

Hakuba really needs some love... And he gets it! :D

They seem to have changed Hakuba's catchprase to "The truth will always be in the light" or something along those lines, and now, he's absolutely obsessed with keeping track of the time (down to the nanoseconds). Was he like this before?

I will always laugh at Nakamori's line "Kid can't possibly be that bad at skating!". ^-^

The new drawing style is so weird. The noses are just not quite there, and they don't really draw Kaito as an 'immature and fun' kind of person, but more of a mischievious one. I keep on telling myself that if I'm wincing now, I'll never stop wincing once they do the episodes with Conan in them... >.< I prefer the older specials~

Next up: Episode 5! It'll be the introduction of Akako. In the preview, Kaito was bleeding out of his mouth. Wonder what happened? O.o

Just realized that because of Hakuba's new seiyuu, his rivalry with Kid is like some kind of bizarre Death Note parody.

Episode 4 was fine, but I'm more excited for Akako's debut.  Her hair seems to have a bit of a dark blue tinge as opposed to a red one like before, but her eyes are still red though.  Still as attractive as ever, so I'll get used to it. 

Aoko was holding the chocolate she had wanted to give to Kaito. I don't believe it was more magic, only some convenient snowfall xD His luck just never seems to fall short, I see.

• Upvote 1

I love Akako, but this is one of the episodes that always make me flinch. They took a perfectly fine, realistic fiction (Pandora doesn't really count; it's still unexplained) story, and made it fantasy in 20 minutes. I was hoping that the new animators had thought of an alternative way to handle the snow thing and Akako's sudden change from evil-->desperate and a bit of heartbroken. I remember watching the old specials, only to through a tantrum about just how unlikely that is. They make it seem like Kaitou Kid really is a guy with neverending luck.

However, I'm really anticipating the next episode. It's the Clocktower Heist, right? Or is it The Black Star? The preview showed scenes from the Clocktower Heist, but called it The Black Star. Whatever it is, Shinichi will be in it! :D

Hmm... What else? Oh, that ending scene with the snowball fight was hilarious! And the drops of blood Kaito left... I wonder if they'll use that to give Hakuba the hint that Kaito is Kaitou Kid...

@Cocoa

Yeah, that zoom really set off some internal alarms in me (they did the same thing with Agasa's car, didn't they?). I'm guessing that they're using a blood sample this time because it would give you more information on the person. When I was watching the old specials/manga, I was a bit dubious if a strand of hair could get you that much, and I watch a bunch crime dramas. :P

Thank you for that clarification! I always found that confusing when I read the manga. *sigh* Oh, Gosho-san~ :rolleyes:

The upcoming episodes are as followed:
Nov 15th- "Kuroba Kaito's Busy Date" (Chapter 4)
EDIT: Nov 22nd - "The Adult's Curse" (The episode actually reveals that it is based off of Chapter 10 and Chapter 12)
Nov 29th- Phantom Lady (Chapters 29-30)
Dec 6th - Phantom Lady cont. and Battle for Ryoma's Treasure (MK Chapter 29-30 and Detective Conan files 732-733)

• Upvote 1

Episode 6 was subbed yesterday! (I'm a day late... T-T)

I don't think there's a need for a spoiler box, considering they pretty much just copy and pasted the Kaitou Kid scenes from the previous 2-hour special. I was a bit disappointed, since I thought they'd go off-canon and add more things from Kid's point of view, but I guess not. Shinichi was cool though :D

I agree on there's already two Crystal Mother episodes, but it is highly likely that they will recreate it again for new fans who didn't get to see it before, and it was featured in the previous Magic Kaito series. So if it does get animated once again, we will have to watch it a third time, oh my! :P

I'm really enjoying this series right now, I'm really glad that they are creating new episodes which the previous Magic Kaito series never animated, and the way that they direct each of the episodes is very clever. I did not expect the gag ending on episode 4, where Kaito and Hakuba were both injured, and were sent to the emergency room to be treated. That was just comedy gold. :lol:

Just watched episode 6: The Black Star today. I really enjoyed the 2 hour special Detective Conan episode, and this one was just as good.

I was very pumped to see Shinichi's first appearance in this episode, and the way he looked in this art style was absolutely gorgeous. As soon as he removed his helmet, I was like "Wow, Shinichi. You're even more handsome. Beautiful." And it was interesting to see Megure in this art style as well, he had the same looks, but he looked quite good.

I could watch the next episode w/o subs, but since I'm still studying Japanese, and even though I sometimes watch the weekly Detective Conan episodes w/o subs sometimes, I'll wait for the subbed episode to be released.

@Doyleneechan:

I haven't seen it yet, but I heard/read that Kaitou Kid appears in the "Detective Conan vs. Lupin III" movie. ^^

But I don't know whether he plays a large part or not.

It was a cameo appearance in the very first few minutes, and an extra comedy thing at the end. At the end, they made a joke about a Kaitou Kid vs. Lupin the Third movie coming in 2020 :D

Episode 8 has been fansubbed!

They basically took the plot of the "haunted school building" from "Ghost Game", scrapped the new biology teacher and replaced him with Akako, who made a witches' kitchen out of the chemistry laboratoy. XD The rest of the episode contained a lot of original scenes and dialogue and dovetailed into the story from "Adult's Don't Understand". But I thought it was nice, especially because there were not that much off-model moments this time. :)

The more Akako the better, is how I see it. For whatever reason, this episode wasn't as bad as the others.  I can't tell if it's because of Akako or if it's because the art and animation was a bit more consistent this time around. 

Episode 8 has been fansubbed!

The more Akako the better, is how I see it. For whatever reason, this episode wasn't as bad as the others.  I can't tell if it's because of Akako or if it's because the art and animation was a bit more consistent this time around. 

the only thing i hate about her is the witchcraft part 

@Professor Balthazar:

I know a lot of people don't like this aspect (primarily because of the crossovers), but I'm one of the few who really likes it, because it (and Akako herself) is one of the things that makes Magic Kaito so special (it's a fantasy story, after all) and distances it more from Detective Conan, in my opinion. It's not even the same universe if you go by Aoyama's word, the crossovers are more built after the "rule of fun", like the Lupin III vs. Detective Conan episode/movie, for example. Kaitou Kid is more or less "just" a special guest in Conan's world, but a pretty popular one, so it doesn't really matter for DC if there are ghosts, witches and magical gems in Kid's setting.

maybe hate was a strong, wrong and not the right word

i just dont tolerate it, thats all

if you like it then, hey, more power to it

to me it just takes me out a bit

not to say that i enjoy her presence when she is in ˝civil˝clothes