Detective Conan World
Akazora

Official Magic Kaito 1412 News and Discussion Thread

I want to ask something .. Magic Kaito 1412 will be a continuation for Kid the phantom thief or is it going to be a re-run for the old Serie ? :( 

Waiting for the answer :)  

Well, it's official. I'm thoroughly disappointed towards the lack of effort put into the art.

Aoko's nose and mouth at 1:10 in the intro killed it for me.

I want to ask something .. Magic Kaito 1412 will be a continuation for Kid the phantom thief or is it going to be a re-run for the old Serie ? :( 

Waiting for the answer :)  

They're probably going to include a similar introduction for Kaito Kid's "awakening," but diverge from the original series afterwards.

I guess we'll find out once it's subbed, right?

I soo want to watch episode 1 soo badly. I couldn't find it on Nico video anywhere. D:

The animation looks pretty nice! And I can't wait for Conan's appearance, so we get to see some Conan vs. Kid. And just to see Conan. ^^! I bet it's going to be awesome! (Like always! xD)

I liked the other special version better. This one just doesn't have the same soul or drama. Toichi's death on the roller coaster makes it seem like he is going to turn up alive. That was a really awkward scene. We'll see how they handle Blue Birthday.

I soo want to watch episode 1 soo badly. I couldn't find it on Nico video anywhere. D:

The animation looks pretty nice! And I can't wait for Conan's appearance, so we get to see some Conan vs. Kid. And just to see Conan. ^^! I bet it's going to be awesome! (Like always! xD)

The raw episode is uploaded and it's currently being subbed by The Moonlighters so it should be out before long.

I personally think the Conan vs. Kid aspect ruins the exclusivity that the original series possessed--especially since it already shows up in DC a fair amount of times.

I liked the other special version better. This one just doesn't have the same soul or drama. Toichi's death on the roller coaster makes it seem like he is going to turn up alive. That was a really awkward scene. We'll see how they handle Blue Birthday.

Yeah, I would have preferred if they stuck to the original plot line. This one just doesn't give off the same vibe.

Just watched episode 1. I love the new music for the show! And I spotted Shinichi and Ran in the background while watching it too. (And I think Agasa's car drove past in one of the scenes as well. :P)

And Oh, my. The fish part with Aoko and Kaito was even more funny than last time. xD! And it made a bit more sense too, considering it took place in Aoko's house, other than outside by the lake. And the fish was a bit more normal sized as well. (But I like both scenes from the both the 2011 and 2014 anime. Kaito vs. Fish = awesomeness! xD)

No sign of Conan yet. Something tells me he was put in there for commercial. But it was just the first episode, so I'm pretty sure he'll pop up sooner or later.

Can't wait for episode 2! I love reboots of retro anime/manga. ^-^! It's great to compare them together and see how much they improved over the years. ^^

Considering how they had to modernize a rather old manga, they did a pretty good job.  Sure the art was bad, but the new OST and some new voice acting separated it from the Detective Conan universe a bit, which is great.  It feels like its own series now, which it was supposed to be, though we'll see how Conan plays into this later.

Every original scene or joke was spot on except for Toichi's death.  But considering they put that in, I can imagine that they're going to adapt the entire manga, a few Conan clashes, and then wrap it up with an original ending.

Oh yeah, and a shout out to the CGI, which looked amazing.  Too bad it contrasted way too much with the other sloppy animation.

I hope they don't draw Conan in that art later. I quite liked the old Magic Kaito style... WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT??? And what was up with the noses? Animation aside, it was quite good. (but why do I hate little Kaito's voice?)

Episode 2 has been fansubbed!

I can't really remember much of the original source material, but I think this episode followed the manga almost down to the "t".  The only thing of note is how it's now "official" that Agasa makes Kaitou Kid's gadgets.  Something tells me that's a bit contradictory, but it's fine in a goofy way.  I also love the fansubber's choice of calling Nakamori a "gumshoe".

Definitely looking forward to episode 3, which will adapt a manga chapter that has never seen the light of anime. 

In comparison with the previous 12 episodes series, this one is better in matter of details and storytelling. Yet like mentioned it still lacks some animation contribution to the drawing and style, as it does feels kind of cheesy to me. However overall it's a good anime to watch, just continue watching and you'll get used to it. I have after watching the first 2 episodes that are now subbed :D ..

The change in hair color whenever he assumed the role of Kaitou Kid was a weird addition in my opinion.

Is anyone else somewhat bothered by this?

Well, this might sound thrilling. But recently I heard a rumor that there will be a Kaito Kid only movie, focusing on the magician. Though this is a rumor, it can't be confirmed at the moment.. :D

I'm assuming you're referring to movie 19?

Except that it's probably not a Kaitou Kid only movie.

Episode 3 has been fansubbed!

Wasn't too bad of an episode, though there wasn't really any heist involved in this.  Good episode for character development, especially for Jii and a bit for Toichi.  Drunk Aoko was kinda cute too I guess.  We're getting Hakuba next episode, but I'm especially stoked to see Akako the folllowing week. 

I'm assuming you're referring to movie 19?

Except that it's probably not a Kaitou Kid only movie.

Oh no, it's said to be a stand alone movie. Not the DC's 19th movie but rather another one only about Kaito Kid, though it is not confirmed it's just a rumor XD . It might be a live action movie or an anime movie, I'm not sure which. If anyone knows about it please let us know... 

Oh no, it's said to be a stand alone movie. Not the DC's 19th movie but rather another one only about Kaito Kid, though it is not confirmed it's just a rumor XD . It might be a live action movie or an anime movie, I'm not sure which. If anyone knows about it please let us know... 

Those rumors haven't reached my ears.  Who knows, it might happen?  Since Lupin got some love, Kaitou Kid might as well, too.

You say this as though KID hasn't gotten enough love. :P

True, I guess just in a cinematic sense.  Sure we have some new chapters and an anime adaptation of MK coming out, but nothing that will roll in the dough like a special movie.  Of course given he's already confirmed for movie 19, we probably won't get a two movie year like the last.  Not to mention the split budget really showed in movie 18.