Detective Conan World
la vanille

Anime Movies to Recommend?

Do you guys have any animated movies to recommend? I'm looking for Japanese animated ones, so that's why I put it in this board instead of the movie board. I've already watched some interesting animated movies and I was hoping to see more.

I've already watched these ones:

- Hayao Miyazaki films (My Neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa, Spirited Away)

- Grave of the Fireflies

- Akira

- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

- Makoto Shinkai films (5 Centimeters per Second, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, short film Voices of a Distant Star)

Oh, and if you can, please recommend movies that aren't connected to any animated series so I wouldn't need any previous knowledge of the anime series to watch it.

I hope I'm not asking for too much. :D Thanks!

Porco Rosso - Hayao Miyazaki

Millennium Actress - Satoshi Kon

...Satoshi Kon mostly creeps me out (I've really only seen Paranoia Agent besides this movie), but the movie is amazing. apparently he has another one, but I haven't seen it yet and I don't remember what it's called

As vanille, I recommend My Neighbor Totoro, brings me many good memories ... I've always been good at drawing and when I was little I went to an activity of movies, manga and Japanese stuff, which it was shown every Saturday at the home of the culture of my city, then offered a secret prize for best drawing of Totoro, and clear as you imagine I won, and I was only 8 years old *.*

The prize was a poster of Sailor Moon, which I still have it on a wall of my room: B

1. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time <-- Sweet, comedy

2. Detective Conan Movies (duh : P)

3. Death Note Movies (all 3!)

4. Ponyo <-- Cute ^^

5. Spirited Away

6. Laputa (don't remember clearly but I think it was pretty good... : P)

7. My Neighbor Totoro (so cute ^^)

8. (other Ghibli Studio* movies!)

*Movies by Hayao Miyazaki

I really like these movies:

1) Spirited Away

2) Detective Conan Movies

3) Hauru's Moving Castle

4) Princess Mononoke

5) Inuyasha Movies

6) Bleach Movies

1) Neon Genesis Evangelion movies (The End of Evangelion, Evangelion 1.0, Evangelion 2.0). The animated series is a masterpiece, the movies are great, but this saga will divide the spectators (as always). For some, it's the ultimate anime ever, for others, it's just a philosophical nonsense.

2) The movie Galaxy Express 999 (which adapts the whole storyline of the TV series), magic, poetic and absolutely wonderful, and its sequel Sayonara Galaxy Express 999. I strongly recommand these, those movies are absolutely loveable and enjoyable.

3) Detective Conan movies of course (even if I personally think movies 1, 6 and 14 aren't as good as the rest of the movie series which are excellent).

4) If you like action and comedy but also some darkness in the story, the City Hunter movie and TV Specials are worth your time. Especially A Magnum of Love's Destination and Goodbye My Sweetheart which are truly excellent.

5) If you like movies more "author", there's the Touch trilogy and the two TV Specials (adapting the whole story of the TV series) which are worth your time.

It's a manga story based on sports (baseball) but the storyline is much more complex than that, kind of a Rocky story where a young man, who always lived in his brother's shadow and who was fine with it until now, sees his whole life taking a huge crossroad following a tragedy and accomplish a miracle.

It's maybe a little too "romance and drame" but it's quiet rare for a sport series to have such an important storyline and mature themes, and the movies and TV Specials follow the same direction.

>The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (!!!)

ALL OF GHIBLI STUDIO COLLECTION / Especially:

>Kiki's Delivery Service

>Spirited Away

>Howl's Moving Castle

>Mononoke Hime

>Whisper of the Heart

NOTE:

>Grave of the Fireflies

Only if you dare. It's really sad.. First 15 seconds of the movie and you're already in tears.

>The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (!!!)

ALL OF GHIBLI STUDIO COLLECTION / Especially:

>Kiki's Delivery Service

>Spirited Away

>Howl's Moving Castle

>Mononoke Hime

>Whisper of the Heart

NOTE:

>Grave of the Fireflies

Only if you dare. It's really sad.. First 15 seconds of the movie and you're already in tears.

Oh. Sorry I didn't read your post properly.. x'DDDD

I'll think of some other movies to recommend that you haven't seen.. later.. >///< keke

But if it doesn't necessarily have to be animated, then I recommend that you watch:

"My Darling Is A Foreigner"

It's a really cute/funny movie xD

It's not connected to any series nor is it in any way similar to DC - but have you tried Demon City Shinjuku? While it isn't my usual type of thing, I found that I enjoyed that movie - so much that I bought it on VHS tape and watch it over and over.