• Nothing
  3. 3. What didn't you like?

• The interrogation
    • The time limits
    • The mystery
    • The mods
    • Other (please specify)
    • Nothing

On Heksu's suggestion, Amber stopped as Abdul took his phone. 'Perhaps a wifi phone is handy.' He opened the homepage of Benford Industries after finding their website, to see what it was actually about.

"Okay Heikki, I'm actually a very lazy person, so we'll save the going there in person part unless we absolutely need to." 'Thank God for hackers.'

"Starling's work place?" Jay echoed. "Sure. That's a good idea. Benford Industries, on 2144 Washington Road in case you forgot. Oh and...make sure to grab something to eat." She smiled at them, handing each of them a few bills. "Try to be back before ten or at least check in with me by then so you don't accidentally wander into Oregon or something. I'm assuming most of you have phones and you're never too far from one around here." Jay frowned. "Were you going to ask me something?"

It seemed like everyone had grouped together nicely. Jay took out her smartphone and checked it. "I've got everyone's numbers and you should all have mine. Whatever you do, try not to get yourself killed."

Abdul groaned at Jay's announcement. The site had nothing useful to offer at all. Maybe if he could get hands on their Intranet... but the time was past now.

"Starling's work place?" Jay replied "Sure. That's a good idea. Benford Industries, on 2144 Washington Road in case you forgot. Oh and...make sure to grab something to eat." She smiled at them, handing each of them a few bills. "Try to be back before ten or at least check in with me by then so you don't accidentally wander into Oregon or something. I'm assuming most of you have phones and you're never too far from one around here." Jay frowned. "Were you going to ask me something?"

"Not taking it, got plenty of money with me." Rose smiled at her. "And No? I already asked you." Jay took out her smartphone and checked it. "I've got everyone's numbers and you should all have mine."

"Wait. How did you--? Never mind. You probably have your resources." Rose commented.

"Whatever you do, try not to get yourself killed." Jay continued.

"Off we go." Rose went outside.

Moderater Note

Alright! Since you've all decided to split off into groups, I've got a couple of suggestions for where you can go. When you arrive at a location, wait before entering. A mod will describe the scene for you. Here's a brief summary to get you some information. They will also give you names of people you can talk to. When you question certain people, you may receive information about another location. Those who have not received information about a new location will not be able to enter that location unless told by someone who is aware of the location through roleplay.

Benford Industries

Benford Industries is a well-known and well established company. Located on 2144 Washington Road, the main building is large, about twenty stories tall. The top floor is the executive floor, exclusively for the company's CEO and founder Duncan Benson, co-founder and Executive Manager, James Ford, and their respective secretaries. Benford Industries specializes in all modes of transportation with land, sea, and air departments. Benson and Ford originally wanted to create safe, quick, and cheap transportation for everyone. The Benford motto is "Making the world accessible to all." A year ago, a train accident caused some criticism of the company, though it was later confirmed that Benford was not responsible for the accident. Benford often deals with international clients and cargo.

Police Station

Located on 877 Jackson Avenue, the police station is in the very heart of the city. This is the central police station (there are smaller facilities across the city). Most meetings, evidence, offices, reports, and officers are here or nearby. Investigations are headed by two main departments: Crime and Management. The Crime department deals with the physical evidence (such as fingerprints, witnesses, and the actual crime scene) and consists of interrogators, forensic scientists, and detectives. The Management department deals with smaller crimes such as speeding, DUI, robbery, etc. They also deal with court cases and training of new officers. There is some tension between the two groups. The station is headed by Officer Grant Dawson and the Crime and Management departments are headed by Inspector Henry Thompson and Inspector Sally Parlington respectively.

Maple Leaf Park

After Jay read the places everyone can go, Rose, Lily, & Millan have already decided to go to the Benford Industries. Rose was waiting for Misaki's response, while she was waiting she thought.. Maybe after visiting the Benford industries, we can go to the police station..?

"Hey, people. What do you think, after we are done with the Benford Industries, and if we still have time , why don't we visit the police station? Who knows what we can find there!" She asked. "And Misa-chan, are you in or out? We need to get moving.." She continued.

---

(Too bad, IU deleted the residence part. I was planning to go there :( )

Ari sighed, "Well, yeah... Seriously, I am curious how you depending in your martial arts..." He decided to walk, "Our first destinaiton, the police station..."

After Jay read the places everyone can go, Rose, Lily, & Millan have already decided to go to the Benford Industries. Rose was waiting for Misaki's response, while she was waiting she thought.. Maybe after visiting the Benford industries, we can go to the police station..?

"Hey, people. What do you think, after we are done with the Benford Industries, and if we still have time , why don't we visit the police station? Who knows what we can find there!" She asked. "And Misa-chan, are you in or out? We need to get moving.." She continued.

---

(Too bad, IU deleted the residence part. I was planning to go there :( )

XD Sorry. It made no sense when I rethought it since you guys wouldn't have her address (and neither should I...or do I?). Who knows? One of you could unlock information that leads to the residence.

(Its okay, I can see your point, no matter what resources Jay has she can't just have some random woman's address out of nowhere can she? I have a way of getting the address though. :3)

While waiting for Misaki's answer, Milan suggested a couple of questions that they should ask:

"We should consider asking the following questions:

- What can you tell us about Jennifer Starling?

- What was her exact job?

- How does your transporting system work from source to the destination?

- What can you tell us about the train accident from a year ago?

- From which to which location was the train supposed to go?

- Who was the person that requested the transport?

- Did Jennifer Starling have any connections with it?

- Do the names Lillian Rockwell, Bradley Miller, Phillip Fillmore mean anything to you?

Yeah... that's about everything that fell on my mind at the moment..."

After Misaki gave her answer, Jay started to speak.

"Oh and...make sure to grab something to eat," Jay said as she handed out a few bills to everyone. She gently folded her bills up and stuck them in her pocket. Maybe I'll get pizza? Pizza sounds nice.

"Try to be back before ten or at least check in with me by then so you don't accidentally wander into Oregon or something. I'm assuming most of you have phones and you're never too far from one around here." Jay frowned. "Were you going to ask me something?"

It seemed like everyone had grouped together nicely. Jay took out her smartphone and checked it. "I've got everyone's numbers and you should all have mine. Whatever you do, try not to get yourself killed."

"We should head somewhere to look for clues. Maybe we should try Benford Industries?" Rose said.

Misaki gave a shrug, not really caring where they went. Wherever they decided was good enough for her. The other two voiced their agreement.

One of the boys added, "We should consider asking the following questions: What can you tell us about Jennifer Starling? What was her exact job? How does your transporting system work from source to the destination? What can you tell us about the train accident from a year ago? From which to which location was the train supposed to go? Who was the person that requested the transport? Did Jennifer Starling have any connections with it? Do the names Lillian Rockwell, Bradley Miller, Phillip Fillmore mean anything to you? Yeah... that's about everything that fell on my mind at the moment..."

"Hey, people," the girl said. "What do you think, after we are done with the Benford Industries, and if we still have time , why don't we visit the police station? Who knows what we can find there! And Misa-chan, are you in or out? We need to get moving.."

Misaki tried to bite back a sarcastic remark, even putting up a pleasant smile to try and keep it under wraps, but it still seeped through as she said while getting up, "Well I did say yes had you been listening. So let's go."

The minute it fell from her mouth, she internally winced even if she didn't show it. Geez Misaki, nice going.

Regardless, she didn't make a move to apologize for the remark. She spoke her mind, and she wasn't going to be apologizing for it (even if it could have been handled in a better way).

With the others following behind her, she suddenly stopped. "How are we getting to Benford Industries? Do we have a car or something?" she asked.

"Oh did you. I guess I missed it. It wouldn't hurt to get reassured, would it?" Rose replied to the girl with a grin, who in her turn had tried to put a smile on her face. Want the poker face method? Bring it on. She thought, still grinning.

Milan suggested a few questions they should consider asking. Again, Rose wrote the questions down. "Good idea. That is if they let us ask around. I don't think it'd be that easy." She replied.

Misaki started heading to the exit. She suddenly stopped. "How are we getting to Benford industries? Do we have a car or something?" She asked. "That is the only question no one can answer but Jay." Replied Rose.

"Amber-neechan," Abdul called out.

Amber chuckled softly. 'Oh gosh.'

"Would you happen to have a laptop?"

'A laptop?'

She nodded.

"With internet?" He asked.

"Why do you need it?~"

"Research. My phone network doesn't work here."

Amber got up to get her laptop. She has just rented one from the counter.

Abdul turned to Heikki. "It will take some time before I decide we need to go anywhere. Gathering data is 90% boring after all."

"You know, there is free wifi. So at least my phone works." Heikki said to Abdul who was using Amber's laptop.

"Maybe we could go out to see those places in real." He continued as Abdul nodded.

Abdul did whatever he did to the laptop. Amber didn't care what he did. It wasn't her laptop anyway.

She wondered when they will set off for dinner. Come to think of it, the restaurant's location seems to near the work place of the victim. Perhaps they could eat while scanning the surroundings?

After Milan started ranting out all those questions, Lily held up a hand. "Wait! We shouldn't ask those question directly. They heard the name of the victims on the news, right? If they hear the names and they DO know something about them, they might not tell us. We should inconspicuously ask the questions while starting a conversation. We're trying to get info and at the same time not to get killed, right?" She reverted back to her shy self, and Jay handed we some bills. Lily refused again. Money wasn't a problem to her.

Misaki spoke while they were going outside. "How are we getting to Benford industries? Do we have a car or something?" She asked. "That is the only question no one can answer but Jay." Rose said. "We should take the bus, it would be less attention-attracting." Lily suggested.

"That's why I said that we should consider asking those questions. Didn't really want to bother and go through the whole communication process. I'll leave that to you.", Milan replied to the comment with a grin.

"Well, we do have two vans here..." Amber commented. "Remember how you got here? Mark can drive one of them. But as for the other one, I don't want to trouble Jay..." She saw Jay trying to protest but stopped her. "I know what you're going to say, but driving is tiring. We need you to settle your thoughts instead so today you'll concentrate on just doing that. We'll need you to take things over from tomorrow onwards too."

Jay smiled and gave up on trying to argue. Amber smiled back in response before asking, "Can we have Eli take over the wheel?" The other girl nodded.

"Alright, lets proceed to the van shall we? By the way, we are heading over to the restaurant now. Those who just wants to eat can remain in the restaurant. Those who wants to go investigate may do so as the victim's work place is close to the restaurant. Alright. Lets go."

• Upvote 2

You all settle into the restaurant. It's nice and fairly inexpensive, which you're thankful about. Most of you eat, though some of you pass it off and say you're not too hungry. Once you finish, you choose where you'd like to go next. The police station and Benford Industries are both fairly close to the restaurant.

Moderator Note

Alright, so if I've read the RP correctly, this is where everyone's going first...

Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan: Benford Industries first, then police station if enough time remains

Eli, Ari: Police station

Heksu, Abdul, Sophia: Benford Industries, police station

The others: ???

Mark, Nur, I do not know where you are planning to go. Please make the decision rapidly. Also, some of you are lacking on activity. Warren, I'm not completely sure where you're going either though it may be my mistake. You have 24 hours to determine a location or a group you're going with. If no decision is made, you'll return to the hotel.

Correct me if I'm wrong in the order of places you'll be going.

Some frames of time reference you'll be needing...

For this part, you'll have a limited amount of time to interrogate and question people, similar to in real life. It's currently about 7:00 PM in this roleplay and you have up to 10:00 PM before you have to check in. By checking in, you must roleplay a phone call to Jay at this time or be at the hotel. Those who are at the hotel may receive special information from Jay. If you do not check in, Jay will come find you and any investigations will be closed. If you are not at the hotel when you check in, you may request up to an extra hour of time. Whether or not Jay grants this is up to the mods and your reasoning.

Here's how things go. Benford Industries closes up to visitors at 8:30 PM but still remains open for its office workers up until 10:30. Most police end work at 8:00 PM. The police station remains open all night though if you want to question certain officers, it is in your best interest to arrive early. Some higher-end officers may remain at the station a little later. If the person you are talking to is cooperative (which means they do not shrug you off, run away, or snub you), your interrogation is considered to last 20 minutes. It takes 10 minutes to get from place to place if you call Jay and 20 if you walk, 15 if you run. If the person you are talking to trusts in you or your group, you may be invited to talk to them later. Remember, you need to check in with Jay at ten. The mods will calculate the time you've spent and tell each group how much time they have left. Use your time wisely. If you discover a new location, you have the option of a) texting it to Jay who will send it to everyone; or b ) keeping it to your group and revealing investigations later. Those who have not discovered the new location themselves will not be able to go.

Time in between (as in, time you've spent looking for a witness or waiting for the police) will be calculated randomly. We will inform you of how long it's been regularly.

Recommendations: Talk to people carefully. They will reveal things depending on your attitude.

Current Time for All Groups: 7:00 PM

Location for All Groups: The Slice (restaurant)

In terms of transportation...KKLT, I'm thinking for convenience Jay will be available as a driver since all of you are investigating. You must call her five minutes in advance through the roleplay. It takes about 10 minutes if you ride with Jay and about 20 if you walk, 15 if you sprint. You can only sprint once during this period of time before you become too tired. This remains the same for all locations including the hotel. Again, Jay may have information for you at the hotel, though not on the van.

@IU: Sure. Not a problem since Jay herself says so. :V

===========

"Here we are." Amber announced as everyone hopped off from the van. "The Slice."

"Alright, the time now is 7:00pm. We'll be going in now for dinner and we have a booking for all of you on the second level. Those who wishes to use the washroom may go first. Just head up to the second level once you're done." Amber announced. "Alright, at anytime when you want to leave, please look for one of our kind hearted drivers. I'm sure all of you already have their numbers by now. And when going anywhere, try to do so in a group seeing that we only have two vans around. And please kindly return to the hotel before 10PM. We'll probably be conducting a briefing at that time. If everything's clear, you may proceed up to the second floor for your dinner. Thanks!"

With that, everyone headed in.

===========

Moderator Note:

Hey look! We have three (or perhaps more) groups amongst us. But note that we only have... two vans. I'm guessing you know what that means right? It means that if the two vans are already in use at any particular time, then the third group will have to wait. So the time accounts for this as well! You people can question different witnesses separately, but it'll be best if you guys can gather and move around together. Does that make sense?

Alright. Another note. You may decide not to eat, but that's bad, since you might faint due to hunger and we DID book your share. Also, the mods may decide that they want to have some dinner themselves. :P Well, van service have to depend on your mod after all. :V (Walking doesn't require a van though). Ah, also, even though I say mods, I don't drive. So yea. Don't call me. :V I'll probably be the one tagging along. :V

Heikki loved this food. Simple good but at the same time a bit expensive.

"Abdul are we going to police station. If we are, we should leave. It's already 7:15 pm." Heikki said while drinking his water

@IU: I'm going to the police station, told AL but he forgot >>

-----------------------------

(Will edit once on computer OTL)

(...this group was eventually going to the police, but sure, the time's limited now.)

====

"Let's get a move on then," Abdul said as he made his way outside the Slice, a bottle of water enough for him.

"Change of plans, guys," Jay announces. "Unfortunately, since we didn't expect to be doing investigations, I've only rented one van. Moho, and I will alternate as drivers. We'll drop you all off at the first place you want to be but we won't come pick you up. You must come to us. Once we drop you off, we'll wait at that location Also, walking time turns out to be closer to 15 minutes instead of 20. Sprinting is also now shortened to 10 minutes."

~~~

Moderator Note

Lots of changes, sorry for any confusion. Here are your times for ease of reading...

Time Requirements

20 minutes per successful interrogation

5 minutes per unsuccessful interrogation or casual conversation

Anywhere between 1-15 minutes of searching between interrogations (random.org decides how tough it was to find)

5 minutes per travel by van

10 minutes per travel by running (only permitted once)

15 minutes per travel by walking

20 minutes to eat

Important Times to Remember

Police station is open until 8:00, which is when night shift starts and most police head home

Benford Industries is open to the public until 8:30 and until 10:30 for office workers

Check-in with Jay at 10:00 at hotel. Special information may be revealed to groups who check in at hotel.

One hour of extended outside stay may be permitted by Jay after you have checked-in if you have a good reason.

Again, let me clarify. The van will remain at the location it last dropped people off at. A mod will pop in regularly and update you on the location of the van, how much time each group has used, and what time it is currently. Depending on the speed of each group, you may need to check in at different times. If a group is too far ahead of another group in time, we may send you a message telling you to stop posting until the other groups have caught up.

When you arrive at a new location, I will post a description for you. I will repost it every time you arrive at a new location for convenience. You will also receive a list of people you can talk to.

Ask questions now and you may request to leave as soon as you'd like. By the way...eating is not required, but if random.org decides you faint due to hunger, recovery will take 40 minutes so we suggest you eat just in case. The van is ready to go.

Current Time for Groups:

Rose, Lily, Misaki, Milan, Warren: 7:00 PM

Ari, Eli: 7:00 PM

Heikki, Abdul, Sophia: 7:20

Van Location: Hotel

Heikki, Abdul, Sophia, since one of your group members has eaten, we assume you have all eaten or at least gotten nourishment and are safe from possible fainting. Your time is now 7:20. All of you have full access to the van at this point.