Detective Conan World
01jtiong

Ran's clothes

^

Dude.... you have to admit some of her outfits were rather... questionable. O_o

Those kinda of names don't necessarily come from hatred. They are sometimes meant as a joke or because it's... true. (And there's a little bit of truth in every joke.) Ran may not be as bad as some of the other anime chicks but keep in mind she IS an anime girl. :) That means some outfits CAN be considered a little too showy for her age.

And a lot of her outfits were just outright unfashionable! D: I mean, I wear some pretty strange things sometimes but some of them were just... ugh. NO! DX

:rolleyes: Comments like this make me wish there was a downvote option....

Oh come on it was a joke. :grin:

MOST anime characters dress inappropriately and while some outfits could have covered a little more she's nowhere near as bad as an anime character like Yoko from that one anime. xD

And most girls her age DO kinda dress showy. It's the age where they are about to head off to college in the next year of so and they want to have FUN. xD (Of course, Ran just probably does because she's... an anime character.)

^

Dude.... you have to admit some of her outfits were rather... questionable. O_o

Those kinda of names don't necessarily come from hatred. They are sometimes meant as a joke or because it's... true. (And there's a little bit of truth in every joke.) Ran may not be as bad as some of the other anime chicks but keep in mind she IS an anime girl. :) That means some outfits CAN be considered a little too showy for her age.

And a lot of her outfits were just outright unfashionable! D: I mean, I wear some pretty strange things sometimes but some of them were just... ugh. NO! DX

Any examples? The only provocative clothing I remember Ran wearing are her bathing suits (which are totally appropriate for the beach).

Well considering how much you dislike Ran, calling her names does come from your hatred, regardless if it's a joke or not. And I still want some examples of the severity of Ran's "showiness" because I can't take your word for it without any proof.

And "unfashionable" is a matter of opinion. You could even say that about Sonoko, Kazuha, Aoko, etc. So it's biased to say that Ran's clothing is mostly unfashionable given that one: you dislike Ran, and two: you don't consider other characters that may apply to what you say as well.

Any examples? The only provocative clothing I remember Ran wearing are her bathing suits (which are totally appropriate for the beach).

Well considering how much you dislike Ran, calling her names does come from your hatred, regardless if it's a joke or not. And I still want some examples of the severity of Ran's "showiness" because I can't take your word for it without any proof.

And "unfashionable" is a matter of opinion. You could even say that about Sonoko, Kazuha, Aoko, etc. So it's biased to say that Ran's clothing is mostly unfashionable given that one: you dislike Ran, and two: you don't consider other characters that may apply to what you say as well.

None that I can think of right off the top of my head. I'll just search through the episodes and eventually edit this post. :P

I'm not immature enough to call an ANIME CHARACTER a tramp or slut because I dislike her. I used to be (with Kikyo) but it was... partly true in a way. xD I was'nt the one who was calling her those in the first place, either. I made the joke that she dressed like a frisky old lady... which to me is both a joke and pretty accurate. xD And if you want proof, look through the episodes yourself. Why make ME do it? :P lol

I think it's a common rule of thumb that you never wear two different pinks unless they, if one was brightened up a little or darkened, would be the same color as the other pink.

Okay dude, whatever you say. :P Sonoko has worn some screwed up things but I've never really seen Kazuha wear anything that could be considered unfashionable but I skip around and don't watch the entire series straight through. If you want post a picture of something you thought was unfashionable that she was wearing.

:rolleyes: Comments like this make me wish there was a downvote option....

I agree. The viewpoints of some people in this thread honestly make me realize that people who dislike Ran will look for ANYTHING to rip on her for.

I want examples of Ran dressing like a tramp or a slut, manga-based examples, or I am going to call BS on these "tramp" and "slut" claims.

• Upvote 1

I want examples of Ran dressing like a tramp or a slut, manga-based examples, or I am going to call BS on these "tramp" and "slut" claims.

I don't think that THOSE claims are true.

She just dresses like she's an old lady who... thinks she's younger than she really is even though Ran IS actually 17. xD

She just dresses like she's an old lady who... thinks she's younger than she really is even though Ran IS actually 17. xD

So, basically, she dresses like her age.

Does this mean the argument is over now?

I think some of these are cultural things. She does have a habit of wearing short skirts, and while that is fashionable where she lives, I'm sure other parts of the world think a woman showing any leg makes her a prostitute. I remember in October of 2010, it was a particularly warm day after work, and I wore a short skirt and somewhat low heels in the city. I had people gawking at me like I was walking down the street in a bikini. It was pretty warm out, I still don't understand what the problem was.

How exactly does she dress like an old lady?

None that I can think of right off the top of my head. I'll just search through the episodes and eventually edit this post. :P

I'm not immature enough to call an ANIME CHARACTER a tramp or slut because I dislike her. I used to be (with Kikyo) but it was... partly true in a way. xD I was'nt the one who was calling her those in the first place, either. I made the joke that she dressed like a frisky old lady... which to me is both a joke and pretty accurate. xD And if you want proof, look through the episodes yourself. Why make ME do it? :P lol

I think it's a common rule of thumb that you never wear two different pinks unless they, if one was brightened up a little or darkened, would be the same color as the other pink.

Okay dude, whatever you say. :P Sonoko has worn some screwed up things but I've never really seen Kazuha wear anything that could be considered unfashionable but I skip around and don't watch the entire series straight through. If you want post a picture of something you thought was unfashionable that she was wearing.

:P

Why make YOU do it? It's like asking a murderer asking "Show me proof!" and a detective saying "If you want proof, look for yourself! Why make me do it?" -_-

If that's one of the things you get fired up about Ran, then no comment... -_-

My point is that you might say "Ran is an emotional wreck!" but there are several other characters who are "emotional wrecks" as well. You make it seem like Ran is the only character who is "unfashionable", "emotional", "stupid", "angry", or whatever other things you can call her. But in a matter of fact, she isn't the only one, so it sometimes makes your argument invalid. (And I never said Kazuha was unfashionable, I was trying to make a point...)

I've pretty much said all that I wanted to say. So there's no need for me to further elaborate on anything else...

So, basically, she dresses like her age.

No old ladies tend to wear.. I don't know how to explain it. Very very frilly things or flower patterns or very very conservative things.

What I'm trying to say is that Ran is very very conservative on the top but she doesn't often wear leggings or the like with her short skirts that most girls would wear leggings with if they were that conservative at the top so it's kind... yeah. A frisky old lady. xD

How exactly does she dress like an old lady?

*Gets lazy and copies and pastes*

Very very frilly things or flower patterns or very very conservative things.

What I'm trying to say is that Ran is very very conservative on the top but she doesn't often wear leggings or the like with her short skirts that most girls would wear leggings with if they were that conservative at the top so it's kind... yeah. A frisky old lady. xD

:P

Why make YOU do it? It's like asking a murderer asking "Show me proof!" and a detective saying "If you want proof, look for yourself! Why make me do it?" -_-

If that's one of the things you get fired up about Ran, then no comment... -_-

My point is that you might say "Ran is an emotional wreck!" but there are several other characters who are "emotional wrecks" as well. You make it seem like only Ran is "unfashionable", "emotional", "stupid", "angry", or whatever other things you can call her. But in a matter of fact, she isn't the only one, so it sometimes makes your argument invalid. (And I never said Kazuha was unfashionable, I was trying to make a point...)

I've pretty much said all that I wanted to say. So there's no need to further elaborate on anything else...

I.... I don't think it's at all like that. O_o You want to see outfits that could be considered... what I'm talking about then you can go and look 'em up yourself. xD I'm not accusing you of anything and it's not like it's something that you'll be searching non-stop for hours for. She wears things like that quite often.

I don't get fired up about fashion unless it's somebody I actually CARE about trying to walk out of the house in 10 different kinds of jean shirts, jackets, and pants. :P

Okay, listen. :) The focus of the topic is Ran. Which means that I'm only going to mention Ran. Why would I bring other chicks out into the conversation if this isn't about them? :) YOU'RE making it seem like I'm just trying to make Ran look bad when in reality I'm just trying to stay on topic and state my opinion.

Oh come on it was a joke. :grin:

I'd take it as a joke if you weren't the Rush Limbaugh of DC pairings...

I'm not immature enough to call an ANIME CHARACTER a tramp or slut because I dislike her.

Except you effectively did.

Seriously, either be educated, provide proof, and tone down the hate in your commentary or leave all the Ran topics alone. You are free to dislike Ran, you are free to let people know you dislike Ran and explain the reasons why, but I expect some tact and class about it especially from established users.

• Upvote 3

I'd take it as a joke if you weren't the Rush Limbaugh of DC pairings...

Except you effectively did.

Seriously, either be educated, provide proof, and tone down the hate in your commentary or leave all the Ran topics alone. Your are free to dislike Ran, you are free to let people know you dislike Ran and explain the reasons why, but I expect some tact and class about it especially from established users.

1. O_o LOL XD

2. No I didn't. I said that she dressed like a frisky old lady. (which is a joke. xD) That means she's strangely conservative yet at the same time she's not. That's not calling her a tramp or a slut, in my opinion. And if it sounds that way then I'm sorry. TONE DOWN THE HATE?! D: I just said she dressed like a frisky old lady! I don't see that as very hateful. I think that's funny! D: It was a joke.

No matter how many emoticons and "xD"'s and "o_O"'s and "LOL"'s you try to hide behind, you're making hate posts about Ran, and always have been. You haven't exactly made it a secret or anything. It's even been mentioned on DCTP.

Chek's comparison of you to Rush Limbaugh is so accurate that it's scary.

No old ladies tend to wear.. I don't know how to explain it. Very very frilly things or flower patterns or very very conservative things.

I don't get fired up about fashion unless it's somebody I actually CARE about trying to walk out of the house in 10 different kinds of jean shirts, jackets, and pants. :P

So you've just pointed out very effectively how you don't know what you're talking about.

Lolita and gothlic lolita are still very much a thing in Japan, and in some circles are spilling out into the USA. Here's a link with a lot of photos. None of these girls are old, or are dressed old. It's a fashion sect, and its frilly and full of bows and flower patterns out the ass.

Also Ran has worn leggings, stockings, and all manner of things on her legs while also wearing a skirt. Not that it matters. You can't say she is both dressing like an old lady and being "frisky" (which btw is another way of saying slutty), as it is not possible to be both at once in this circumstance. I know for a fact I'm not wearing stockings in the summer, and she wears leggings in the winter a lot of the time. Sonoko is the one who goes bare legged in the winter, usually. Example? When they had that murder at the skating rink with the hunters. Makoto told her to wear pants via text.

Ran has showed a bit of cleavage before. I would go find scans but MangaReader was having a problem with their DC pages all 404'ing, so it would be really difficult. I pay attention to the clothes, okay? I remember thinking, wearing black leggings and using the slippers must feel weird.

Okay, listen. :) The focus of the topic is Ran. Which means that I'm only going to mention Ran. Why would I bring other chicks out into the conversation if this isn't about them? :) YOU'RE making it seem like I'm just trying to make Ran look bad when in reality I'm just trying to stay on topic and state my opinion.

If another character is proving a point about how Ran is not dressing oddly/slutty/etc, then they will come up. To dismiss the other character as being off-topic means you really don't want to actually have a discussion and are only grasping at straws to hate on Ran.

• Upvote 2

^

*Facepalm* Oh I give up. That's it. I just never seem to be able to get what i'm actually trying to say across. *Go sits in emo corner* T_T

No matter how many emoticons and "xD"'s and "o_O"'s and "LOL"'s you try to hide behind, you're making hate posts about Ran, and have been. You haven't exactly made it a secret or anything. It's even been mentioned on DCTP.

Chek's comparison of you to Rush Limbaugh is so accurate that it's scary.

I'm not trying to at all. In fact, I'm probably more like Ran than I'd admit. I never try to make hate comments about any characters unless they are... villans that have just done something horrible like killed off one of my favorite characters. And if I am then just tell me and I'll fix it. Just point out what sounds like hate and I'll re-write it.

And of course i'ts mentioned on DCTP. no do I care to fix anything there. :P

But this place I actually like and I have respect for those who run it. If you want me to change something I'll try my best to do it. :)

The frisky old lady thing was meant as a joke. That's just my sense of humor. If that's a hate comment then I also hate Kagome from Inuyasha and myself. Because that's also true for both. :)

^

*Facepalm* Oh I give up. That's it. I just never seem to be able to get what i'm actually trying to say across. *Go sits in emo corner* T_T

I'm not trying to at all. In fact, I'm probably more like Ran than I'd admit. I never try to make hate comments about any characters unless they are... villans that have just done something horrible like killed off one of my favorite characters. And if I am then just tell me and I'll fix it. Just point out what sounds like hate and I'll re-write it.

The frisky old lady thing was meant as a joke. That's just my sense of humor. If that's a hate comment then I also hate Kagome from Inuyasha and myself. Because that's also true for both. :)

I don't see how it was a joke when you were using it as a point you were making. Okay I'm editing this because I can see how it was a joke but it's just more hate on Ran in the fandom, which basically anyone not hating on Ran all the time for stupid reasons is really sick of hearing.

Oh, while I'm here, I want to point out that Satou also wears the same types of clothes Ran does, only more corporate? I mean, they all wear skirts, leggings, and boots... In the latest manga chapters, Satou wore a relatively short yet loose fitting skirt in the manga, with potentially bare legs, (or light colored stockings??) and knee high boots... and it's cold enough for a large snow build up in a matter of minutes. And you have to think, Satou has to adhere to certain dress codes as a police detective. I worked in men's business wear for a bit last year, and my manager was constantly on my ass about seeming "too" hip for the clientele. I mean, I could understand my magenta high heels with the giant silver heart buckles wasn't terribly corporate, but a brushing of lace on the end of a black knee skirt isn't exactly going to make me seem like a high school girl.

The point is, Ran is being unfairly putting in the spotlight for something all the female cast does. (and is not at all an actual problem)

Edited by MadelineLime

^

And of course i'ts mentioned on DCTP. no do I care to fix anything there. :P

But this place I actually like and I have respect for those who run it. If you want me to change something I'll try my best to do it. :)

It's probably too late to change what you've already said (which can be quite overboard most of the time), but I'm happy to see that you are willing to drop some hatred towards Ran.

Some examples:

That's the thing- there are no negative things to focus on. She's a MARY-SUE. She has no "official" flaws. People hate her because Gosho made her too perfect. The only flaws people can find can be argued and messed with and formed in so many ways. She doesn't have Haibara's flaw of not trusting people, Heiji's hotheadedness, Ayumi's jealousy issues, Kaito's lack of modesty and fear of fish, Genta's food addiction, Mitsuhiko's insecurity, Kazuha's lack of logic (jumping to conclusions) and possessiveness, or her dad's alcohol problem (though it would be HILARIOUS to see that that was her hidden flaw all along- she hates her father drinking because then SHE wants a drink! XD lol). She's basically a fan-character that was made official.

Mary-sue's annoy people- especially when they're one of the protagonists.

It's not that they focus on the negative things- it's that there isn't anything negative THERE!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it is most likely that if you support AiCon you hate Ran, that's not true.

I'm an AyuCon, and I had no problem with Ran but now, 600 episodes and 800 files later, when she STILL hasn't revealed ANY flaws, I strongly VERY VERY VERY STRONGLY dislike her and a huge HUGE portion of her fans.

If she had been revealed to have any of the flaws above then more than HALF of the people who hate her now would be GONE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems to me like a lot of the other characters have personalities to go along with that, though. XD Ran... just doesn't seem to have much of a personality. Lol

But Ayumi, while like Ran, seems to be a little closer to that of an actual little girl which makes her more real. Ran... isn't so much. XD She's very very fake. Ran should have had time to develop a real personality by now- Ayumi is FAR from figuring any of that out. XD

The chick has two parents who aren't living with each other, a "boyfriend" who's running off all the time, a horn on the side of her head, is constantly seeing dead bodies, and is like a maid in her own home. I... don't think anybody envies her. XD

• Upvote 1

About Ran's clothes, I haven't noticed how she dress. But I know she give me an impression she wear like a young lady. There are nice and not nice clothes. Ran was going through phase to womanhood. I don't think Ran is marysue, she cry a lot, but she stopped this recent years and I'm happy with Gosho giving her chance to see what future will be look like if she's strong. I've noticed she taking effort and really want to see what Shinichi wants of her, I feel this is a biggest step for her to do when to salvage her relationship. okay, I'm totally off topic here. She look nice with shorts.

• Upvote 1

Wow... People are still debating this?

OK, look I'm going to break this down as someone who DOESN'T like Ran.

1) Ran's mode of dress is a CONSERVATIVE teenager (probably trying to be like her mother whom she looks up to) (This is as opposed to Sonoko whom dresses like a provocative teenager, most teenagers dress somewhere in the middle ground (though Sonoko would be totally normal in America))

2) Nothing Ran has ever worn has been revealing in any sense of the word. It is not Gosho's style. The only person whom wears revealing clothes is Jodie, and we have already gone over the fact that is due to her being a foreigner in a Japanese anime.

3) Most teenagers wear short skirts when they can, due to it being thought of as "cute." It is the fashion of that age group. Nothing odd about it.

4) Even detracting #3, its the trend in anime. If you compare DC to almost any other anime/manga, especially in shonen, and see what the female cast wear there. DC looks conservative in comparison.

Can we cease this pointless debate now? Please? (at least to Ran or any other character dressing "slutty")