Black Demon

File 804-808 (Kidnapped Takagi)

Kidnapped Takagi Case  

22 members have voted

1. 1. The culprit's death ?

• Murder
    • Suicide
    • Sato's hit was too powerful (/joke)
  2. 2. The purpose of the "BO foreshadowings" ?

• There is absolutely no purpose (vs. all the options below)
    • Trolling purpose
    • Foreshadowing purpose: there will be a plot-related event in this case
    • Foreshadowing purpose: there will be a plot-related event in a future case
    • They're hints that someone appearing in this case is a BO member
    • They're hints that someone appearing in this case is the BO Boss
    • They're hints that someone appearing in a future case is a BO member
    • They're hints that someone appearing in a future case is the BO Boss
    • Red-herrings
    • Other purpose (please state)

Thank you DCTP for the translation!

Ha ha, are Takagi's parents trying to prevent Takagi from marrying Sato or something? I wonder if Takagi's parents are actually the ones who set up this case in order to ~prove Sato's love~ or something? XD

/Early speculation is too early

Amuro appears! My guts tell me that he's trying to track down who's aiding Kogoro deduce things, and that he was trying to investigate Agasa hakase, but . . . that's my theory. ^^;

Cool case!

usually when someone goes to meet their parents with a wedding ring, it's to announce he's gonna propose to someone. i take it he's a traditional person.

after that he'll proberably go see satou's mother and ask her to marry her.

Thank you DCTP for the translation!

Ha ha, are Takagi's parents trying to prevent Takagi from marrying Sato or something? I wonder if Takagi's parents are actually the ones who set up this case in order to ~prove Sato's love~ or something? XD

/Early speculation is too early

Amuro appears! My guts tell me that he's trying to track down who's aiding Kogoro deduce things, and that he was trying to investigate Agasa hakase, but . . . that's my theory. ^^;

Cool case!

Haha, nice idea, Justwantanaccount-san! xDD

Lol, I was thinking something like that too...rolleyes.gif...but then yours is just so much better. xDD

They're so fast. o_o

I'll sum up Miwako's speech at the end of chapter.

Well the police force are now panicking over Takagi's life and the head aren't entirely happy when he unable to find single clue of Takagi's whereabouts. pg 12.

There are backstory of Takagi's mentor's death, it is connected to the case when Miwako and Takagi investigating together. The case is about suicide, there is no alibi to prove premeditated murder but suicide. There are three cases of suicide they investigating. Miwako narrate them in pg 13.

The girl who died is college student who study to be doctor. Miwako say: 'this doesn't look like a girl did live in, but I can tell straightaway the room has tidy up clean, with a letter of will was next to her feet...'She has written she did kill a person by running over with her car before her car flee away.

The second case is about English lecturer, she has a mother, who is American. She has a boyfriend but he abandoned her, she choose suicide after feeling depressed when she believe they have to be together. Before she die, she did send a message to her mother and it was written as sms in handphone.

The third case is about popular wine bar host, she also has boyfriend and was rich to afford living in expensive house and it was filled with empty beer can. They found out a diary written about her boyfriend is a con and it was the reason of her suicide. Later they realized her boyfriend wasn't a con but a murderer, he land himself with big debt he unable to pay fully, had a fight with one of the creditors and end up stabbing a person.

After Date-san caught the con, he was with Takagi in the end of the night and they were on the way home, he accidentally dropped the notebook he plan to show Takagi later. Now it was given to Takagi, and Wataru keep it by his side as he fill up the notebook.

Date's Japanese name is a bit sound same as Takagi, their last name syllable's pronunciation rhymes together.

• Upvote 2

If the notebook Takagi has is Date's and not his own, that might explain the cute sticker, why the ring left an indent in the book like it was left there a very long time (its Date's not Takagi's), and the meet the parents note; maybe Date was planning to propose to someone?

(nothing to do with 805)

Actually they all searching for second Takagi but they unable to find the guy so the head wasn't too happy when they didn't find the clues but Miwako knows who is second Takagi and Date-san is already dead.

I still cannot picture the method that the culprit used to tie up Takagi like that (assume that there's only one person doing).

Well.. On the last page of file 804, we can see two planks of wood and some rope like Chelsea mentioned earlier, but that spot looks like it's too high up from where Takagi is. Then, on the tenth page of file 805 on the ipad, we can see platform where the plank is on although we haven't gotten a good view of it yet, so there may be something there...

I think that they culprit first tied up Takagi, then using some other planks of wood to walk (or crawl) on, he carried Takagi and placed him in the position we first saw him in before going back to get rope to tie around his neck. Still, that's pretty risky for the culprit so I'm not quite sure about that..

Well.. On the last page of file 804, we can see two planks of wood and some rope like Chelsea mentioned earlier, but that spot looks like it's too high up from where Takagi is. Then, on the tenth page of file 805 on the ipad, we can see platform where the plank is on although we haven't gotten a good view of it yet, so there may be something there...

I think that they culprit first tied up Takagi, then using some other planks of wood to walk (or crawl) on, he carried Takagi and placed him in the position we first saw him in before going back to get rope to tie around his neck. Still, that's pretty risky for the culprit so I'm not quite sure about that..

That is a curious question. How did Takagi get there without the culprit risking his own safety?

Maybe he's an acrobat :-o

...but probably not :P

XD

I actually think the crane idea is interesting... However, how do you precisely place an unconscious human body on a wooden plank and make sure he doesn't fall? But... Also, how did they get the rope tied?