Detective Conan World
Kyuu Nye

Martial Arts

As long you can throw a punch and kick accurately, I think you'll be alright. :) Just don't try and pick a fight.

And:

yea... say something wrong and the MAA will send two of their top fighters, Kyuu and AixConan4ever to assassinate you ....lol

And what are you trying to imply by saying this?? I am no assassin alright... <_< I rarely throw a punch or a kick unless I'm in danger or in practice.

Oh wow... I can't even do punches or kicks normally xD DCW seems more and more like a dangerous place... XD

Why? Because we were trained in martial arts? That doesn't make us dangerous, that makes us safe. We learned control. You got to watch out for the untrained nut jobs who THINK they know how to fight.

yea... say something wrong and the MAA will send two of their top fighters, Kyuu and AixConan4ever to assassinate you ....lol

Naw, I think the mods can handle everything here, no need for assassinations. Besides... Why would I assassinate using martial arts when I can use science? Martial arts is for self-defense, science doesn't have such restrictions. :P

Naw, I think the mods can handle everything here, no need for assassinations. Besides... Why would I assassinate using martial arts when I can use science? Martial arts is for self-defense, science doesn't have such restrictions. :P

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

*DANGER ALERT*

STAY AWAY!!! MAD SCIENTIST ON DCW!!!! STAY AWAY, I REPEAT, STAY AWAY!!!

Hi guys! I was the one who opened the thread that got hijacked xDD.

And I would like to start learning a martial art, but I know NOTHING about it. Could you guys give me some clues? What's the difference between each one, for example, or what are the most common/easiest ones?

Thank you some much! ~

Tae Kwon Do!

I'm a Green belt with white stripe, no clue what that translates to in the newer belt system though xD.

I liked beating up on the Bodan Belts who thought they were better though xD. Bodan = before black xD

We didn't really have newer black belts though, so most of them could beat me xD.

Oh! And how do I know wich style suits me best? (I'm a bit of an ass, I know ;_;. I may be saying sooo stupid things that the ones who really know about this may have their ears bleeding.I'm really sorry, I just want to get it right!).

Why? Because we were trained in martial arts? That doesn't make us dangerous, that makes us safe. We learned control. You got to watch out for the untrained nut jobs who THINK they know how to fight.

The point is... I'm not trained... O.o if ever I had to face up against all these trained pple *shivers*

I don't wanna break a bone!!! Nooooo! *hides*

Oh! And how do I know wich style suits me best? (I'm a bit of an ass, I know ;_;. I may be saying sooo stupid things that the ones who really know about this may have their ears bleeding.I'm really sorry, I just want to get it right!).

Whatever you want to fight with usually determines what you learn. Some people just go to the nearest martial art school no matter what it is. just to learn something.

In the end it doesn't matter because it's self defense all the same =3. Only so many ways to throw a punch or kick xD.

Which reminds me, I have to take martial arts for self-defense. Definitely gonna use it in case I choose to live in a dangerous neighborhood. Why choose to live in a neighborhood? Can't help it lol. Career intentions might lead me into colleges that are located in dangerous areas. As stated before, can't help it~

Hi guys! I was the one who opened the thread that got hijacked xDD.

And I would like to start learning a martial art, but I know NOTHING about it. Could you guys give me some clues? What's the difference between each one, for example, or what are the most common/easiest ones?

Thank you some much! ~

Firstly, sorry that we hijacked your thread. :unsure: Blame Scar Akai for starting the martial arts topic in your thread. :twisted:

Secondly, I think there's no Easy martial arts. All kinds of fighting style are sure to have their own difficulties. So now the question is: Are you looking for an effective or an easy martial art? There is alot of difference and if you are looking for an easy one, I'll say that it's not really effective as any art is only as easy as relative to how much effort you put into it.

But if you are talking about effectiveness, I'll say that Krav Maga would be good. Krav Maga is known for its focus on real-world situations and its extremely efficient and brutal counter attacks. I want to learn this martial arts as soon as I get my black belt 1st Dan for my Taekwondo. :D It's really good!

...i know none :<

well other than whatever ive learned from my dad and a bit of taichi (is that even considered a martial art?)

It is. Actually, I think Taichi's a good martial art as it is really good for health. Well it's said to retrain posture, encourage circulation and mantain flexibility in joints. That's why you see many old people doing Taichi. :P That's why some of them are so healthy all the time. I sometimes join them for fun and find it really relaxing. :)

Umm..... :blink::blink: ... You need to focus on your physical attributes. Any martial arts could be learnt and used. :smile:

The point is... I'm not trained... O.o if ever I had to face up against all these trained pple *shivers*

I don't wanna break a bone!!! Nooooo! *hides*

We are never going to hurt you! Like Kyuu said, you just have to worry about those goons who think they can fight. Stay away from gangsters, bullies and you should be fine. :D

^Suika, I forgot to say I'm not flexible at all ;___;.

Then just do stretching practices. Yoga is good for making your body flexible. :)

This is officially the longest reply I have ever made in DCW... <_<

Well, you can always join them together!!! lol... DCW's mad scientist....turned into DCW's JTR

Whatever you want to fight with usually determines what you learn. Some people just go to the nearest martial art school no matter what it is. just to learn something.

In the end it doesn't matter because it's self defense all the same =3. Only so many ways to throw a punch or kick xD.

^This. Very true. You'll learn what you are taught and that will become the basis of your style, unless you are like me and end up rejecting it for your own style that you feel is most effective for you.

Which reminds me, I have to take martial arts for self-defense. Definitely gonna use it in case I choose to live in a dangerous neighborhood. Why choose to live in a neighborhood? Can't help it lol. Career intentions might lead me into colleges that are located in dangerous areas. As stated before, can't help it~

Systema or Krav Maga. Focus is on simple and effective. They both take from a variety of arts to bring you something that just works.

Firstly, sorry that we hijacked your thread. :unsure: Blame Scar Akai for starting the martial arts topic in your thread. :twisted:

Secondly, I think there's no Easy martial arts. All kinds of fighting style are sure to have their own difficulties. So now the question is: Are you looking for an effective or an easy martial art? There is alot of difference and if you are looking for an easy one, I'll say that it's not really effective as any art is only as easy as relative to how much effort you put into it.

But if you are talking about effectiveness, I'll say that Krav Maga would be good. Krav Maga is known for its focus on real-world situations and its extremely efficient and brutal counter attacks. I want to learn this martial arts as soon as I get my black belt 1st Dan for my Taekwondo. :D It's really good!

It is. Actually, I think Taichi's a good martial art as it is really good for health. Well it's said to retrain posture, encourage circulation and mantain flexibility in joints. That's why you see many old people doing Taichi. :P That's why some of them are so healthy all the time. I sometimes join them for fun and find it really relaxing. :)

Umm..... :blink::blink: ... You need to focus on your physical attributes. Any martial arts could be learnt and used. :smile:

We are never going to hurt you! Like Kyuu said, you just have to worry about those goons who think they can fight. Stay away from gangsters, bullies and you should be fine. :D

Then just do stretching practices. Yoga is good for making your body flexible. :)

This is officially the longest reply I have ever made in DCW... <_<

In order...

Each style, as I stated, has their benefits and weaknesses. There is no perfect art, only a perfect practitioner. Basically you become good enough to make you effective in any situation.

Get the idea of "easy" out of your head. Doesn't exist. Martial arts advancement is directly proportional to how much effort you put into it. Every martial art is hard in its own way, but you will reap the benefits no matter what. In the end you got to choose a martial art that best suits you. By a strange twist of fate, TKD was almost perfect for me due to my height and size. I was able to make use of my long legs. However, the more I started training with other styles the more I realized that left me open in close and HKD was not cutting it, because I wanted to be able to do hand to hand. I was fortunate enough to find a master in Wing Chun who agreed to take me on as his student. That is what really changed my outlook. I went from there and was more intensely trained in military style TKD and HKD and my style slowly started evolving to suit most my needs. I eventually realized that I needed ground work, and that is what I am still working on. I'm looking for a new school to learn or get back with my friend from college who is currently learning and training lower belts in his school.

Taichi... Most people don't understand this art. I did at one point formally learn taichi from one of my students in TKD along with a bit of Wushu (odd thing... but I don't consider it formal training as it was more of an exchange) And she told me this... True taichi's goal is to start off soft and become hard, while most arts start of hard and strive to become soft. Taichi is highly effective and is similar to aikido in some ways, but ultimately its goal for nonhealth benefits is to be an effective fighting style like all other arts.

If you're a strong kick person, I know taekwondo is a form of martial arts that is centered around kicks. However, that means if someone gets close to you at a distance you can't kick them in, you're a goner.

Depends on the style. As stated, I learned tournament style first, then learned Wing Chun and then new master taught me Military style. And let me tell you, some of my most effective techniques, not from Krav Maga, were learned from him. And a lot of those are close range. The easiest to explain is... You block the initial punch and circle around into an arm lock... Then kick out one knee and force them down. Then you do multiple palm strikes to the bridge of the nose until it is shattered. Fight is over, they can't breathe and you can walk away. And that is all a close range technique. In the end it is how you are trained, and what you are trained for. I was not trained for competition in my later years, nor did I ever train my adult students for that. I trained myself and my students for the real world. And TKD was originally a military art and has PLENTY of brutal techniques. If you learned it like that you will use it like that, if you learned it for competition a lot of the techniques in TKD cannot be used because of illegality.

If you're a strong kick person, I know taekwondo is a form of martial arts that is centered around kicks. However, that means if someone gets close to you at a distance you can't kick them in, you're a goner.

sure it has it weakness

As for Tae kwon do it also has more flexibility since it's depended on your lower body and human body's center of

gravity is below naval that makes it good for balancing with your lower body and it's effectiveness is greater

so if trained properly enough through flexibility of a lower body becomes deadly enough and radius of reach is

widened

that usually doesn't give your opponent opportunity to get close enough.

in any form of martial arts closer you are to the opponent safer you are.

not necessarily though .

Ok, I'll try with Krav Maga. Now the problem is that I'm from Spain, and martial arts are very rare here. And my father said he would let me do it if it was only for girls. So I'll try to find something not to far from home and just for girls and I'll tell you.

You've helped me a lot, and I've discovered many styles that I didn't know, so thank you, thank you very very much ^.^

Edit.

I just read more about Aikido. I seems really interesting as well. Can you also tell me something about it, please *-*? Any personal experiences are welcomed. I've found a good center (a little bit far, but whatever) and I would like to try it.

I just read more about Aikido. I seems really interesting as well. Can you also tell me something about it, please *-*? Any personal experiences are welcomed. I've found a good center (a little bit far, but whatever) and I would like to try it.

I'll answer for that since I learn Aikido. Although I don't learn it in a class or anything, I understand the basic principles and moves for it. :)

To put it simply, Aikido is a art where not much physical strength is needed. This art teaches the students on how to use the attacker's strength against that person. However, this art is created not to harm someone. It's main focus is to protect the practitioners while not harming the attacker.

Since you are a girl, this should be good as it don't really need much strength to use the moves. However, it don't really prepare you for real-life situations and you can't really use it to injure another person. As I stated earlier, the main focus is to defend and at the same time not injure the attacker. So, if you are looking for a martial art to defend yourself completely in real life, I suggest you don't take Aikido. But, if you just want to learn to know how to block and use the attacker's strength to your advantage, go ahead and learn it. No art is bad but you got to look at the situation you're in.

In my experience, I rely on Aikido not as much as I rely on the other arts I learn. As I live in a dangerous place, I am more focused on surviving and making sure that the opponent can't chase after me after I beat him/her up. Aikido is good only in blocking sense but if you need to stop the person completely, this isn't the right art to learn.

I'll say one good thing for Aikido though. It helps you relax and it has focus on the mental training as well. That can help you to focus and be calm in a dangerous situation but it won't help you much if you can't throw a punch or a kick well enough.

Hope this helps! :) I'll try and find a martial art that would suit you most.