Detective Conan World
JamieDC102

Perfect pitch

I have perfect pitch. It just came out when I started recording anime opening and ending songs on a cassette tape since elementary, but I'm not sure when exactly did I start. And I really hate it when the song is not on right pitch based on when I first heard it. Whenever that happens, I struggle to adjust the playing speed of the tape until it's on the right pitch, then I'll rewind the tape and hear the song again.

I have perfect pitch. It just came out when I started recording anime opening and ending songs on a cassette tape since elementary, but I'm not sure when exactly did I start. And I really hate it when the song is not on right pitch based on when I first heard it. Whenever that happens, I struggle to adjust the playing speed of the tape until it's on the right pitch, then I'll rewind the tape and hear the song again.

That's so cool :P when I thought only people who learn music have them XD you should go and learn piano. Or any music instrument. *sigh*

That's so cool :P when I thought only people who learn music have them XD you should go and learn piano. Or any music instrument. *sigh*

Well, I actually know how to play a guitar. :)

I have approximate pitch. If I don't get the note I get it within a note. I can also reproduce. It is not as impressive as perfect pitch, but I have been told it wouldn't be hard for me to develop perfect pitch. (According to most its my inexperience with notes, not my hearing... As someone who hasn't read music in 16 years, and went into percussion, for me to still be able to do that... is apparently really impressive)

Oh right, and I know instantly when a note is off or sounds different.

I have approximate pitch. If I don't get the note I get it within a note. I can also reproduce. It is not as impressive as perfect pitch, but I have been told it wouldn't be hard for me to develop perfect pitch. (According to most its my inexperience with notes, not my hearing... As someone who hasn't read music in 16 years, and went into percussion, for me to still be able to do that... is apparently really impressive)

Oh right, and I know instantly when a note is off or sounds different.

Perfect pitch... well it only takes memorizing all the notes and a little practice xD And that is pretty impressive to have relative pitch even when you're in percussion xD

Perfect pitch... well it only takes memorizing all the notes and a little practice xD And that is pretty impressive to have relative pitch even when you're in percussion xD

I think relative pitch can be inborn too. I got into music because I had something like relative pitch... or perfect pitch I don't know. >__< My parents said when I was three they brought me to a society for some events some day, and I was singing to some tune then I went to play on a piano, and I managed all the notes correctly, or so they say... A music professor happened to be inside and told my parents that I had talent or something and ask them to let me learn music.

I think relative pitch can be inborn too. I got into music because I had something like relative pitch... or perfect pitch I don't know. >__< My parents said when I was three they brought me to a society for some events some day, and I was singing to some tune then I went to play on a piano, and I managed all the notes correctly, or so they say... A music professor happened to be inside and told my parents that I had talent or something and ask them to let me learn music.

You're so lucky, KKLT san.

Not really. Haha I still have relative pitch now but I don't have perfect pitch. And relative pitch can be trained. :P So Im sort of similar to lots of people now.

Not fair. I want perfect pitch. :V

I have both perfect pitch and relative pitch, and my ears are naturally sensitive. It is both a blessing and a curse; I get way too many headaches from high pitched, off key sounds.

I have both perfect pitch and relative pitch, and my ears are naturally sensitive. It is both a blessing and a curse; I get way too many headaches from high pitched, off key sounds.

I pity you for that last sentence there ^

I think that's what I have. Not perfect, but I can tell when things are out of tune.

Yes that. I cant stand anything being out of tune. I get goosebumps all over even if there is one note out of tune.

Its still a good trait because it means you don't have to rely on tuners to get your instrument tuned.

Yes that. I cant stand anything being out of tune. I get goosebumps all over even if there is one note out of tune.

Its still a good trait because it means you don't have to rely on tuners to get your instrument tuned.

Yes. Like my stupid G string on my guitar. <_< IT WON'T TIGHTEN!!! D: D: D: D: D: (I need to get the strings replaced)

I hate it when people sing out of tune. That's a minor pet peeve of mine.

Yes. Like my stupid G string on my guitar. <_< IT WON'T TIGHTEN!!! D: D: D: D: D: (I need to get the strings replaced)

I hate it when people sing out of tune. That's a minor pet peeve of mine.

Im already used to people singing out of tune. My friend all do that. But I can't get used to instruments not tuned properly. If I was their instructor I'll be like "PLEASE TUNE YOUR INSTRUMENTS BEFORE PLAYING!!!!!" Lol. :P Lucky my students don't have that problem because I will always tune it for them before they come.

Im already used to people singing out of tune. My friend all do that. But I can't get used to instruments not tuned properly. If I was their instructor I'll be like "PLEASE TUNE YOUR INSTRUMENTS BEFORE PLAYING!!!!!" Lol. :P Lucky my students don't have that problem because I will always tune it for them before they come.

:P Do you only teach Guzhen?