Detective Conan World
JamieDC102

Perfect pitch

O_o. looks like Yohan posted here saying I'm Perfect Pitched? interesting, I should check it out.

and I think he forgot that I also played violin...

funny thing is, Yohan can tune instruments faster than I can... I think he was perfect pitched but lost it like KKLT

O_o. looks like Yohan posted here saying I'm Perfect Pitched? interesting, I should check it out.

and I think he forgot that I also played violin...

funny thing is, Yohan can tune instruments faster than I can... I think he was perfect pitched but lost it like KKLT

hmmm... you can loose perfect pitch.

I think that's what I have. I can catch notes pretty fast when it's only one. I just tried out, I'm not Perfect pitched...

I think Yohan is just talented in finding the difference in tones he always talk about how his head shakes when the notes are not tuned even though it sounds tuned he says that it's bothering him a lot so it has to be in-tune perfectly. He tunes his instruments every 5 min when he plays it(except Piano)... but funny how he says he is tone deaf.

Lol does he sing out of tune all the time? :P

I have that problem too. I cannot stand listening to stuff out of tune, especially instruments which are supposed to be in tune like piano for example. But every 5 minutes is too much... Either that is a lousy instrument or he used too much strength causing it to go out of tune, or just... Too paranoid. XD I admit I am pretty paranoid but I won't retune everything after every song. (a piece lasts about 5 minutes or maybe more) XD you should ask him not to be that paranoid. Not good :V

Lol does he sing out of tune all the time? :P

I have that problem too. I cannot stand listening to stuff out of tune, especially instruments which are supposed to be in tune like piano for example. But every 5 minutes is too much... Either that is a lousy instrument or he used too much strength causing it to go out of tune, or just... Too paranoid. XD I admit I am pretty paranoid but I won't retune everything after every song. (a piece lasts about 5 minutes or maybe more) XD you should ask him not to be that paranoid. Not good :V

I'm not kidding. he plays soft unless he have to (especially sfz and that > thingy. I can't read music...)

rarely, he stops playing just to tune his cello/guitar and guess what? he turns the peg very little and you can't even tell the difference. he only tune it when he is alone or with someone that is close to him.

honestly, I have no idea how he can tell the difference between before and after tuning.

There is a difference if you listen to it carefully. That is what I call paranoid. He should train to accept a little difference in pitching or his life will be terrible XD I was once like that so I know how it feels like. I cant stand going to karaoke. I'll go crazy if someone sings out of tune but I have to control...

And with students, I can't actually stop them every five minutes and do tuning. It's a horrible waste of time, especially if I have a few students at the same time. There is bound to be a little shift when playing haha :P

But it's just too funny how he calls himself tone deaf while it actually sound okay...

maybe it's because of what you call "being paranoid"... he sings it, and he says he is out of tune. it's actually because of his voice just can't go that high. I think his voical range is not good for the singing...

Haha I think that may be the problem. :P

As for me, I can actually listen to instruments and tune it accurately but when I sing, I can get out of tune. Like I notice I am out of tune, but I cant actually figure out how to get on tune. (Something like... I can't control it) So maybe that's what's causing him to think he's tone deaf?

Haha I think that may be the problem. :P

As for me, I can actually listen to instruments and tune it accurately but when I sing, I can get out of tune. Like I notice I am out of tune, but I cant actually figure out how to get on tune. (Something like... I can't control it) So maybe that's what's causing him to think he's tone deaf?

That pretty much explains Yohan.

<_< *reads posts* hmmm... interesting. I never noticed "being a Parranoid". but reall, I just can't sttand it you know? looks like you know how I feel, KKLT, right?

and I don't get one thing, Am I Tone-deaf or no? O-o

Cure-kun's not Perfect pitched? hmmm.... weird. it looked like he was. oh and I forgot he playED violin...

<_< *reads posts* hmmm... interesting. I never noticed "being a Parranoid". but reall, I just can't sttand it you know? looks like you know how I feel, KKLT, right?

Cure-kun's not Perfect pitched? hmmm.... weird. it looked like he was. oh and I forgot he playED violin...

I can answer that if you can here the change in an instrument when it is barely out of tune and your singing is not to bad than you are not tone death.(I know this because my sister is horribly tone death) Also I know how you feel as well when I'm playing guitar my guitar teacher gets so mad when I stop every ten minutes or so to change the pitch and tune my guitar.

Yes I know how you feel~ XD To solve the problem, get a tuner. XD it gives you comfort in knowing that it's pretty much accurate. So you might feel better. (but even sometimes the tuner doesn't really solve the problem...) XD

And you're not tone deaf. Being perfect pitch there's a chance to be tone deaf but you, no youre not tone deaf. Lol. You can tune your instruments means you're not. :P unless you can only identify and not tune, then there might be a chance. XD

Yes I know how you feel~ XD To solve the problem, get a tuner. XD it gives you comfort in knowing that it's pretty much accurate. So you might feel better. (but even sometimes the tuner doesn't really solve the problem...) XD

And you're not time deaf. Being perfect pitch there's a chance to be tone deaf but you, no youre not tone deaf. Lol. You can tune your instruments means you're not. :P unless you can only identify and not tune, then there might be a chance. XD

My music teacher told me I don't need one because I tune it accurately, even for low notes which he said it is the toughest to tune because lower notes tend to make different sounds before it makes its own sound (?idk what he meant by that.)

Hm. Interesting. so I'm not tone-deaf? maybe it's like cure-kun said, that I'm "paranoid".

My music teacher told me I don't need one because I tune it accurately, even for low notes which he said it is the toughest to tune because lower notes tend to make different sounds before it makes its own sound (?idk what he meant by that.)

Hm. Interesting. so I'm not tone-deaf? maybe it's like cure-kun said, that I'm "paranoid".

How can a musician not have a tuner!? XD whether you use it or not, you should get one XD like I got myself a metronome even when I can determine the speed and rhythm pretty accurately.

Even people with perfect pitch might not be able to tune accurately as well. There are different standards for tuning too. I'm sure you know what I mean. Some need to standardize the tuning to 442 Hz or 440 Hz which has a little pitch difference.

How can a musician not have a tuner!? XD whether you use it or not, you should get one XD like I got myself a metronome even when I can determine the speed and rhythm pretty accurately.

Even people with perfect pitch might not be able to tune accurately as well. There are different standards for tuning too. I'm sure you know what I mean. Some need to standardize the tuning to 442 Hz or 440 Hz which has a little pitch difference.

I do have it, but it's broken, and my parents are not going to let me buy anything related to music. They think it's waste of time. <_< and it was whose idea to play piano(10 years ago only for a year, I forgot everything :P ), clarinet, flute, cello, bass, and guitar? My parents... I have no metronome and I'm really bad at tempo when I play alone...

I know this is a bad habit for musician not to have metronome and tuner, but here's something worse...

I can't read music, as in, I can't read and play at the same time. When I play, I have to hear it first, then I memorize the notes. I have to write the notes down or else I can't play it.

...I was scolded by my music teachers and other students because of that habit. scold me if you want KKLT, but I just can't....

I do have it, but it's broken, and my parents are not going to let me buy anything related to music. They think it's waste of time. <_< and it was whose idea to play piano(10 years ago only for a year, I forgot everything :P ), clarinet, flute, cello, bass, and guitar? My parents... I have no metronome and I'm really bad at tempo when I play alone...

I know this is a bad habit for musician not to have metronome and tuner, but here's something worse...

I can't read music, as in, I can't read and play at the same time. When I play, I have to hear it first, then I memorize the notes. I have to write the notes down or else I can't play it.

...I was scolded by my music teachers and other students because of that habit. scold me if you want KKLT, but I just can't....

Don't worry I won't :P

I have that habit as well :P

You can't blame me because it's so much easier than reading the notes! I can actually read pretty fast, just that audio suits me more. I learn better listening. But I have to read more now because I need to teach and the students don't read but try to memorise instead. But they do that because they don't know how to read and is lazy which is no good. XD

I was the slowest reader but the only person to memorize every single pieces of music that we played.

Have you seen Sound of Music? That piece is very long. I think it was about 20 mins to play everything about 250 measure without counting the repeats. I memorized it.

Mine is horrible and I'm only good at punching the drum until I saw the hole. My boss will scream at me for ruining his drum if I've to sign up to be drummer.

I was the slowest reader but the only person to memorize every single pieces of music that we played.

Have you seen Sound of Music? That piece is very long. I think it was about 20 mins to play everything about 250 measure without counting the repeats. I memorized it.

20 minutes is very long... Being able to memorise it is good. Up til now, I havent need to memorise such long songs. But I think if needed I would be able to. Since its just like memorizing a few songs and putting them altogether. XD