Detective Conan World
JamieDC102

Perfect pitch

I myself recently found out I have perfect pitch, and I of course found it was twenty times more entertaining because of conan having it as well it made me a very happy girl. :grin: so anyone out there have it as well?

I myself recently found out I have perfect pitch, and I of course found it was twenty times more entertaining because of conan having it as well it made me a very happy girl. :grin: so anyone out there have it as well?

you are lucky... :shock:

and i'm not coz whenever we get a quiz about notes i only get 5 out of ten... :unsure:

hmmmm still very new in this site who is Sayomi.

And I'm her real life boyfriend (hence the member title "DCW's Romeo")

And as IdentityUnknown mentioned before, she's quite an active member.

I'm sure you'll see her around.

(and no, I unfortunately don't have perfect pitch)

I don't have a perfect pitch. but I have good ears also. I can tune stuff right away...

I want to have perfect pitch though.... 뉴_뉴 It's not like you can learn to be one...

I dont know whether you can lose it but... I think I lost it. (Even though science says you can't...) My piano teacher told me I had it when I was little. I have no idea what that was at that time... But then after many years I realised that I don't have it now. :mellow:

I wonder if we can train it back? :mellow:

play random key and guess. :twisted:....

perfect pitched people can detect exact notes being played.... I'm jealous

I don't really think its about guessing. People with perfect pitch don't guess. Its like naming a colour or naming the height of something. Its like colours have shades and you can recognise them red or blue or green. Sounds have pitches and tones and perfect pitch people can name them just like colours.

I could do that last time when I was learning piano. :mellow:

But erm... I think when I learnt a Chinese instrument, I got used to the 5 tones (Western music has 12 notes in a scale but Chinese music only has 5). And when I did, I couldn't detect notes other than these five accurately. And if anything out of these five comes about, it would confuse me and then I would not be able to name the notes accurately after that...

I think its just like if you lived in a world where there are only Red Blue Yellow. Then you are told to name orange, you'll be thrown off balance and then erm... you forgot what colour is red and yellow :P (Sounds impossible but I think that's my case XD)

I knwo that, I was joking. (kinda)

But yea, it's like they have a tuner stuck in their head or something.....

All those differeny levels of frequencies and Amps....

I want Perfect pitch... :evil:

Surprisingly enough it's not all its cracked up to be my friends tend to be extremely mean to me about so... I actually wish I didn't have it, but I guess that's just me huh :(

Surprisingly enough it's not all its cracked up to be my friends tend to be extremely mean to me about so... I actually wish I didn't have it, but I guess that's just me huh :(

I mean why don't you want it? It's a gift you have... Not all people do.

To think that I wished to sing awful when I was young too :P I used to hate to be unable to sing out of tune... There was a point where I even practiced to sing out of tune XD Thinking about it now makes it so funny :P

I know it's just... sorry to get into emotional crap that you probably don't care about and all. I lost a lot of friends because of it cause they were jealous and stuff and it's already hard enough for me to fit in as it is so... It's just one more thing added to the giant list of things that makes me different which I guess is ok and all I just... :unsure:

I don't know about the place you lived in haha... But I think when I knew what was perfect pitch, I wanted to have it. Its even more sad when you realise that you had it last time >_< Actually I didn't realise I had it. My mother said that my teacher tested me and proved that I had... But I have no recollection of it :mellow: Must have been when I was 4 or 5 when I started my piano lessons I think :mellow: