Detective Conan World
Detective Rohit

Best War-Action Film

Hello Friends, I am HUGE fan for war movies, I atleast watch 3 movies in a week! :D So which is/are your favorite war movies?

My favorite movies are

1) Saving private Ryan (Tom Hanks) :D

2) The Pianist (Adrian Boody) :D

3) Defiance (Daniel Craig) :D

Transformers trilogy >:DDDDDDDDD War between the Autobots and Decepticons... lots of nice explosions and the plots are good and the soundtracks are AMAZING :D

Transformers trilogy >:DDDDDDDDD War between the Autobots and Decepticons... lots of nice explosions and the plots are good and the soundtracks are AMAZING :D

The explosions are the only good part of the movies.

What... No mention of Patton, Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket or To Hell and Back???

(BTW, the main character in To Hell and Back was such a badass the ONLY person they could get to play him was the actual soldier that the story was about)

If you people have not checked out these movies, and you like war movies, GO WATCH THEM NOW!

What... No mention of Patton, Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket or To Hell and Back???

(BTW, the main character in To Hell and Back was such a badass the ONLY person they could get to play him was the actual soldier that the story was about)

If you people have not checked out these movies, and you like war movies, GO WATCH THEM NOW!

Note the age of most of the folks on this board though, Kyuu.

/Patton is my favorite.

//George C. Scott is <3

///Though I can't count out Apocalypse Now, The Deer Hunter, Platoon, and Full Metal Jacket.

Note the age of most of the folks on this board though, Kyuu.

/Patton is my favorite.

//George C. Scott is <3

///Though I can't count out Apocalypse Now, The Deer Hunter, Platoon, and Full Metal Jacket.

THAT IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING AWESOME MOVIES!

Also... most of the movies that were posted in this thread were not war movies at all.... More sci-fi/fantasy action films...

• Upvote 1

The plots aren't THAT bad... :P

That is in reference to the Transformers movies... I can sum up the plot pretty easily... Decepticons have some secret that must be revealed, human reveals it while autobots fight. Pretty standard for all three movies. AKA they are all horrible. The first was a decent enough popcorn flick, but that is about it. The second was atrocious, Michael Bay should have been shot for that movie. The third was better but still bad (Again, same exact plot, all three movies are the same).

Band of brothers is the best TV series about war! I like that someone mentioned Band of brothers :)

Btw Kyuu, Most of them misunderstood what i meant to say..War-action movie--> based on real-time war movies..not Transformes or LOTR..Based of War that happened in our history..And secondly, you should WATCH Saving Private Ryan as well as Band of Brothers(Mini-series), you will forget others. No doubt Patton, especially Patton, is a spectacular, but htere are others too.

Band of brothers is the best TV series about war! I like that someone mentioned Band of brothers :)

Btw Kyuu, Most of them misunderstood what i meant to say..War-action movie--> based on real-time war movies..not Transformes or LOTR..Based of War that happened in our history..And secondly, you should WATCH Saving Private Ryan as well as Band of Brothers(Mini-series), you will forget others. No doubt Patton, especially Patton, is a spectacular, but htere are others too.

Seen both. I have my reservations about Saving Private Ryan. It is certainly a good movie, but it isn't the best war movie. I understand the direction Spielberg wanted to take and respect that, but there were improvements to be made.

Band of Brothers on the other hand is just FANTASTIC. Though... that isn't so much as a film as a mini-series. So I didn't put it up.

Also I enjoyed Jarhead. Mainly because it shows what deployment is really like. People didn't like it because there wasn't any action, but that was based off of a true story, and that is what most wars are actually like. I have a friend who is a former Marine and he places Jarhead as one of the best Military movies ever, though he says the book is far superior (big surprise there). Though it isn't technically "action" it is certainly an interesting look at warzones and the soldiers who are there.

That is in reference to the Transformers movies... I can sum up the plot pretty easily... Decepticons have some secret that must be revealed, human reveals it while autobots fight. Pretty standard for all three movies. AKA they are all horrible. The first was a decent enough popcorn flick, but that is about it. The second was atrocious, Michael Bay should have been shot for that movie. The third was better but still bad (Again, same exact plot, all three movies are the same).

The first and third were the best. The second was just confusing. They went from like... Nevada to Harvard to Pennsylvania to Washington DC to Egypt... xD

The first and third were the best. The second was just confusing. They went from like... Nevada to Harvard to Pennsylvania to Washington DC to Egypt... xD

Umm sorry to dissapoint you Sayomi, but the thing is, War-action film means movie based on real-time war. Transformers come into Sci-fy....Most of the war movies are based on WWII.

Umm sorry to dissapoint you Sayomi, but the thing is, War-action film means movie based on real-time war. Transformers come into Sci-fy....Most of the war movies are based on WWII.

Not true... there are plenty of movies about the Vietnam war, Korean War and even a few about the Gulf War... The longer it has been since the war in questions the amount of movies is made... Everyone loves a good war movie so they will keep getting made...

I even think there are more than a few noneducational movies about the Revolutionary War and the Civil War... The Patriot is a good example of a Revolutionary War flick, even though it wasn't all too great...

Not true... there are plenty of movies about the Vietnam war, Korean War and even a few about the Gulf War... The longer it has been since the war in questions the amount of movies is made... Everyone loves a good war movie so they will keep getting made...

I even think there are more than a few noneducational movies about the Revolutionary War and the Civil War... The Patriot is a good example of a Revolutionary War flick, even though it wasn't all too great...

Majority are on World wars....You must have seen platoon, valkyrie(i dunno the spelling) or even Shindler's list?

Akai, that's sci-fi. Real life war. Human vs Human.

Fictional war

The Matrix

Transformers

War of the worlds

Mars attack

Star Wars

Real war

The pianist

Saving private Rhyan

Red war

The thin red line.