Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Live-Action Detective Conan Series Has Been Green-Lit

http://www.animenews...ction-tv-series

This year's 26th issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sundaymagazine is announcing on Wednesday that a live-action television series adaptation of Gosho Aoyama's Detective Conanmanga has been green-lit. The series will premiere on July 7 at 11:58 p.m. on YTV, NTV, and their affiliates. The original manga follows a brilliant detective trapped in a child's body, but the live-action spinoffs have been set before the manga, when the title character was still a teenager.

Read more at the link above.

So, what are everyone's thoughts on this? IMO, this is monumentally stupid, but whatever floats their boat, I guess. I think the live-action's have been absolutely horrible. I guess there's a market for these silly things. It's surprising, but I guess I can imagine them being a hit. Does this mean it's gonna be any good of a series? I don't think so. Does this mean it's gonna be a hit? I don't think so on THAT, either. I give it 13 episodes before it folds.

Edit: Someone out there just reminded me that there was a problem concerning the acting staff: Will Conan appear? Or else Detective Conan Shinichi is expected soon. No to mention Shinichi-Ran romance stuff alert.

I give it 13 episodes before it folds.
: That's what I call optimism.
  • Upvote 2

Does adapting DC into a live action series really necessary? I don't see any significance why should they do it. Besides, the anime version is already great.

• Upvote 1

Does adapting DC into a live action series really necessary? I don't see any significance why should they do it. Besides, the anime version is already great.

Isn't it obvious? :) They want to earn as much money from the series, from the Conan , from Gosho ... as possible.

Though I agree, it's an odd decision, to mention the fact that the rating was low this time.

i'm actually excited about this series, i personally always was hoping for a spin-off series of DC that would be set before and after he was conan. this is awesome, i was going to post this topic but found it was already posted. I say it will be a success :grin:

wow! A live action series.. not specials anymore... actually I'm excited on the outcome of that series.. if it will be awesome or lame... but I'm hoping for more realistic acting and not too much awkwardness (I always get that feeling when I'm watching a live action)

wow! A live action series.. not specials anymore... actually I'm excited on the outcome of that series.. if it will be awesome or lame... but I'm hoping for more realistic acting and not too much awkwardness (I always get that feeling when I'm watching a live action)

I feel the same awkwardness, i thought it was just me. I think this is a good idea though, i hope its successful

does that mean it's a prequel to the original series? Geez, they're giving me a headache.

The artists there don't even know how to act their character. Ran is, i dunno, irritating there. She doesn't even know how to karate in there.

I've watched one episode and Ran was trapped with Sonoko, and she's kicking that stupid window so they could escape.

In anime, Ran will just kick it once. Well, it's anime. But in LA, Ran doesn't even have a karate stance/poise. duh. :)) She's just kicking it like some idiot.

(I dnt know anything about karate except "whacha!whacha!.", so distract me)

Shinichi in LA has a diff personality compare to anime. He's more of the proud, tame type. I don't like him (who tells me to like him?:D)

Anyways, that was in the 1st epi of dc live. But still, i dnt like their live action. :)) BUT, let's see

Bow.

does that mean it's a prequel to the original series? Geez, they're giving me a headache.

The artists there don't even know how to act their character. Ran is, i dunno, irritating there. She doesn't even know how to karate in there.

I've watched one episode and Ran was trapped with Sonoko, and she's kicking that stupid window so they could escape.

In anime, Ran will just kick it once. Well, it's anime. But in LA, Ran doesn't even have a karate stance/poise. duh. :)) She's just kicking it like some idiot.

(I dnt know anything about karate except "whacha!whacha!.", so distract me)

Shinichi in LA has a diff personality compare to anime. He's more of the proud, tame type. I don't like him (who tells me to like him?:D)

Anyways, that was in the 1st epi of dc live. But still, i dnt like their live action. :)) BUT, let's see

Bow.

they won't be using the cast from the first two live action specials, only the third one (which had a different Shinichi, Ran, and Sonoko)

what I'm hoping for is that if Eri shows up, she doesn't have that stupid eyelid thing going on

Since these Conan live action things are being aired at midnight, do you think they'll be any darker?

Or do you think they've just been given a weak timeslot because even YTV have their doubts about it? Personally, I'm at least hoping for some credible mysteries. The third live-action (as I keep saying) was pretty weak on the whole plausibility thing.

What I'm really really hoping for, though, is a comeback from Pascal. XD

since is doing great in animated series it would already have some fans watching the action series and would gain popularity early

this is the anime that doesn't need to be put into live action to gain more popularity...

DC is already popular as it is...

agree

i wish they make it right..as gosho -sama said..shiori and junpei are too lovey-dovey which does not make shinichi and ran ..but i love them..gosho too.. hehe!! excited to see shinichi's darkest secrets!! :) more shinran moments!! ulalala!! :grin: