Detective Conan World
Stopwatch

Ayumi Kidnapping Case #2 (File 775-777)

Spoilers until translation

There is a lot of plot in a row going on here. I don't mind, but it would have been nice to space it out a little over the past 50 files or so to break the plotless monotony.

Anyway, the Okiya and Sera interaction went pretty much as predicted: Okiya kept his head down. He is also wearing different clothes for once.

When Sera looked at Shinichi's house, her expression indicated that she had something in mind. If anyone can follow Chinese, is it because she was talking about Shinichi, she knew/had deduced someone was living in the house but not necessarily who, or knew Okiya was specifically living in it?

Okiya is sticking a lot closer to Haibara than expected this time around, enough so she is wearing a hat and seemingly deliberately not looking at him. I guess he is protection while they out and about. Is it to head off Sera, avoid her by going out, or does he think there is something else going on?

I doubt the Org is looking at people's auction photos for reflections of Shiho. Those shadowpeople are probably not the Org if only for the reason their car isn't cool enough and isn't left hand drive. Also Agasa was left alive which pretty much rules out most of the BO. Gin, Vodka, Chianti, and Korn would have killed Agasa, Vermouth promised not to go after Shiho any more, Kir is a spy and thus would avoid helping the BO whenever possible. There is also more than one shadowperson; if it were Bourbon, I would imagine he would be alone because that is what has been said about his personality type. My conclusion here is that we have two criminals of the week, or else someone not malevolent. I suppose it's possible they could be someone following Sera? My first guess is criminals of the week. Besides DC has like half a zillion moments where it COULD be the Black Organization!!!! .. wait false alarm. Just a generic criminal of the month. It's all cool. Resume your business.

So I wonder who or why these people bothered to come to Agasa's house in the first place? The vase wasn't taken apparently. My guess without any text is it is related to Agasa's vase / auction. And where was Sera during this ordeal? I'm pretty sure she is Akai's sister and thus a good guy, so there isn't any reason for her to help the shadowpeople assuming the shadowpeople are bad, especially not after blatantly showing her face to people in front of the house someone got kidnapped at.

It's strange.

From the moment Subaru saw Masumi, he began to follow the Detective Boys, and Ayumi (seemingly confused for Haibara) is kidnapped by two people.

It seems Masumi is implicated with bad people, except if she was followed unknowingly (but I would be surprised, coming from her).

I don't think it's either the FBI or the Black Organization. I think it's more likely a third party (CIA or another criminal organization). And maybe Haibara's identity is compromised.

Spoilers until translation

There is a lot of plot in a row going on here. I don't mind, but it would have been nice to space it out a little over the past 50 files or so to break the plotless monotony.

Anyway, the Okiya and Sera interaction went pretty much as predicted: Okiya kept his head down. He is also wearing different clothes for once.

When Sera looked at Shinichi's house, her expression indicated that she had something in mind. If anyone can follow Chinese, is it because she was talking about Shinichi, she knew/had deduced someone was living in the house but not necessarily who, or knew Okiya was specifically living in it?

Okiya is sticking a lot closer to Haibara than expected this time around, enough so she is wearing a hat and seemingly deliberately not looking at him. I guess he is protection while they out and about. Is it to head off Sera, avoid her by going out, or does he think there is something else going on?

I doubt the Org is looking at people's auction photos for reflections of Shiho. Those shadowpeople are probably not the Org if only for the reason their car isn't cool enough and isn't left hand drive. Also Agasa was left alive which pretty much rules out most of the BO. Gin, Vodka, Chianti, and Korn would have killed Agasa, Vermouth promised not to go after Shiho any more, Kir is a spy and thus would avoid helping the BO whenever possible. There is also more than one shadowperson; if it were Bourbon, I would imagine he would be alone because that is what has been said about his personality type. My conclusion here is that we have two criminals of the week, or else someone not malevolent. I suppose it's possible they could be someone following Sera? My first guess is criminals of the week. Besides DC has like half a zillion moments where it COULD be the Black Organization!!!! .. wait false alarm. Just a generic criminal of the month. It's all cool. Resume your business.

So I wonder who or why these people bothered to come to Agasa's house in the first place? The vase wasn't taken apparently. My guess without any text is it is related to Agasa's vase / auction. And where was Sera during this ordeal? I'm pretty sure she is Akai's sister and thus a good guy, so there isn't any reason for her to help the shadowpeople assuming the shadowpeople are bad, especially not after blatantly showing her face to people in front of the house someone got kidnapped at.

They are ordinary criminals

all tho i havent heard why the have kidnapped her

Put unofficial poll up to pass the time. Expect these questions to change pending an English translation / more chapters.

Poll results so far for removed questions

Unofficial question 2: Who slapped Genta?

Haibara (7 votes [63.64%])

Ayumi (3 votes [27.27%])

He slapped himself (1 votes [9.09%])

Magicbulletgirl special: Okiya's outfit....

It's OK. :) (6)

I rather like it. :D (3)

Meh. :| (2)

He should borrow Ai's clothes. (1)

Not a fan. :( (0)

Fashion disaster, should be burned. D: (0)

:mrgreen: Thanks Chekhov MacGuffin, for fixing up the poll and title, I'm not particularly good at that stuff but I really wanted to see what everyone else thought so I created the thread.

Seems everyone agrees that the kidnappers are probably not BO, I'm not quite sure if I should feel sorry for them when Conan, Okiya, Sera ect; find them... Well, it'll be epic to say the least. Okiya's martial art thing he has, Sera's Jeet Kune Do, Conan's football soccer ball... (and I said 'soccer' ball 'cause of the Americans on here). I wonder if they'll contact the police, they should do as it's a kidnapping, but if Haibara and Conan think it has something to do with the org then they might not.

Also, anyone else think the DB's are gonna get seriously suspicious of Conan (and maybe Haibara) soon, it seems they've been around too many incidents and plot occurances for them to not realise something's up.

^Those are my short term interests, my longer term ones would take up pages at this point. :lol:

Hm... Wow. I saw the Japanese spoilers and just tried to guess what was going on.

Hm... Just a, but thought looks like the DB were shocked that Ai was on the camera screen. I wonder... And I'm not going to make any expert deductions here like SOME PEOPLE. :P

This case seems extremely exciting!

Wouldn't it be interesting to see yet another organization pop up? Maybe the BO has a rival org. looking for the same thing (immortality) and they found out Haibara is Sherry (don't ask) and they think that Haibara could help them with their goal. Okay, maybe that's a bit far-fetched, but it would be cool!

This is quite interesting case. I wanna read it in English so I can understand something! I think this is not an ordinary DB-case 'cause Okiya and Sera were there. I can't wait what will happen next!

Why does Agasa make so much curry? That seriously has to be a 10 gallon pot.

Erm, my Chinese is pretty elementary, so I was hoping someone else would have answered by now. Oh well, I think I understood these parts right, so here I go:

About the curry, I believe Ayumi said "If there's this much [curry], then Genta can eat to his fill without any problems [for the rest of us]!"

About Sera looking at the window where Okiya happened to be, she said "I thought that someone decided to live in the house without permission, but I guess I was being paranoid."

Aside from all the serious things going on in this file so far, I honestly am wondering why Okiya is wearing an ascot. Can someone possibly shed some light on this fashion mystery? Gosho's been spot on with the fashion lately but this one is a possible misstep. I think we need a poll on that too.

• Upvote 1

Aside from all the serious things going on in this file so far, I honestly am wondering why Okiya is wearing an ascot. Can someone possibly shed some light on this fashion mystery? Gosho's been spot on with the fashion lately but this one is a possible misstep. I think we need a poll on that too.

*Likes*

Hmm... maybe Akai got a tattoo or something and that's why he always has things covering his neck

Well, I doubt the criminals were after the rug because they wrapped up a coffee stained Ayumi in it.

Also, since it's pretty clear who slapped Genta, I took that question down and will replace it with a better question when I think of one.

Unofficial question 2: Who slapped Genta?

Haibara (7 votes [63.64%])

Ayumi (3 votes [27.27%])

He slapped himself (1 votes [9.09%])

There is a garrote hidden in the scarf.

Also the poll has been changed temporarily.

Hmm... maybe Akai got a tattoo or something and that's why he always has things covering his neck

Even as Akai he wasn't one for showing much neck. Honestly I wonder if he has some scar or mark there. Maybe burns?

Here is what I think thus far....

First off, I voted for BO, because really I want it to be them... Realistically, here is what I think.... First a theory that I have debunked...

Theory 1) It really is the black org. Assuming Okiya is Bourbon (sorry chek, but bear with me on this one), he could have stipulated that the girl was Sherry, but didn't have a way to confirm it. Now that they have a picture, they were able to compare with childhood pictures and confirm. Thus they moved to grab her.

Reasons why it can't be option 1) The black org are professionals, and would have confirmed their target's identity first. Thus Ayumi would have never been grabbed in the first place. Also they are known to use guns, not tasers. Thus Agasa would be dead, not unconscious. (unless that crazy theory of him being the BO Boss is correct, but for now we'll assume its not)

Theory 2) The criminals looked up the professor and determined he had money, seeing as he is an inventor and it is not exactly a cheap profession. If they knew the house then they would also know it is not a cheap neighborhood. Thus they could have been after who they thought to be the old man's granddaughter. Considering that it was a reflection, they could have easily mistaken Ayumi for Haibara if they weren't careful.

This theory is entirely possible, but somewhat unlikely due to Gosho's style. It is more likely to have to do with the vase.

Theory 3) (the most likely theory) The criminals weren't after the vase, but what was IN the vase. Had they wanted the vase, they would have just taken it. So what likely happened is this... They saw the video on line, and recognized the vase as something they had hidden something valuable in. When Agasa bought the vase what was in it was probably already taken out, but knowing that they are criminals they probably tried to go in pretending to know the value of the vase and asked to look at it. They realized it was their vase, and determined that what they wanted was no longer there, likely assuming that Agasa took it, or knew who had it (the original seller of the vase) so they tased him and kidnapped who they thought was his granddaughter. Whether or not they saw the reflection is inconsequential. If we assume they had, then perhaps they didn't zoom in and only saw the image of a young girl in the glasses and grabbed the wrong person.

WHOA!! I read in English!! WHAT A SURPRISE!! WAH!! Ayumi is... like... perverted...

She's like... "Ai-chan's clothes!! Her scent~~~!! <3" O.o;; Creepy...

OKIYA IS A STALKER!! :blink: :blink: :blink: AND SERA RANDOMLY APPEARS!! Hm... Don't know what to say now...

The English translation just came out.

And, I have to say, it is amazing!

Really, an exciting chapter.

Like Chelsea, I have nothing to say.

I'll just wait patiently for chapter 776, since I'm not that great at speculating anyway.