Detective Conan World
Stopwatch

Ayumi Kidnapping Case #2 (File 775-777)

It's funny that Sera decided to delete her copy (I think?) of the video - I wonder why?

Maybe she decided they weren't harboring Akai and thus were not relevant to her investigation anymore? I don't really know.

If you go by the theory Sera is Akai's sister and is trying to find him theory (and she is not an FBI agent), then Sera probably does not know the details about the Black Organization, although she may knows some sort of organization exists after word trickled down from her brother/people she new. She knows Conan and Akai had some relationship right before Akai disappeared so she has been investigating Conan and the people around him looking for hints. Agasa seemed to be a dead end, a little girl (who she doesn't know is Sherry) and an old man living alone.

At this point we don't know enough about what Sera is doing to say whether her intentions are good or not, but the unnecessarily suspicious speech at the end indicates she's not a bad guy. Only good guys are made out to be unnecessarily suspicious. (Jodie, Akai, Eisuke, Camel, Okiya)

I'm sorry, but I HATED the way this case ended. I mean, earmarks? Seriously? They might be unique, but the shape and all could've been smudged by anything. If they had added earmarks to hair analysis (if any), DNA, and possible fingerprints, I might've bought that, but just EARMARKS? I'm sorry, but thats not a very reliable theory.

I'm sorry, but I HATED the way this case ended. I mean, earmarks? Seriously? They might be unique, but the shape and all could've been smudged by anything. If they had added earmarks to hair analysis (if any), DNA, and possible fingerprints, I might've bought that, but just EARMARKS? I'm sorry, but thats not a very reliable theory.

I think the coffee stain on the rug with a mark in the general shape of an ear was good enough as proof. Conan was just over doing it. I doubt police are going to take Ayumi's earprint; the testimony will suffice. The police aren't going to accept an excuse that there was another kid who spilt coffee on their ears and left a mark on the rug.

As I linked earlier, there are people looking into ears and earprints for identification.

http://www.forensic-evidence.com/site/ID/ID00004_4.html

http://www.forensic-evidence.com/site/ID/IDearCamera.html

I think the coffee stain on the rug with a mark in the general shape of an ear was good enough as proof. Conan was just over doing it. I doubt police are going to take Ayumi's earprint; the testimony will suffice. The police aren't going to accept an excuse that there was another kid who spilt coffee on their ears and left a mark on the rug.

As I linked earlier, there are people looking into ears and earprints for identification.

http://www.forensic-evidence.com/site/ID/ID00004_4.html

http://www.forensic-evidence.com/site/ID/IDearCamera.html

*sighs* I know. The testimony was the true hook, but I honestly don't think earmarks are a very reliable piece of evidence.

I was dissapointed by this chapter, no doubt.

The only bit of hope I have is the fact that Okiya had planted a bug and was listening on their conversations. Other then Sera's "goal", that's the only part in this arc sill not accounted for.

Gosho wouldn't have put that in there if he wasn't planning on making an important arc really soon that involves Okiya.