Detective Conan World
Noir

Conan x Ai

I would love to see Conan x Ai in the end (or Ayumi x Conan but that is for another treat), but i know that Ran is going to end with Shinishi ): But I'm content to see the little CoAi parts in the series.

I agree with you. Though I don't particularly see Ayumi and Conan together, Ayumi is too. . how to say it, too 'childish' and 'girl-ly' for Conan :D

On the other hand Haibara and Conan totally suit each other in all sense :D

I do respect your preference though :D:) 

Totally agree with you. I find their parts kind of cute and sad at the same time. Sad in the sense that I know they will not end together at the end. :/ 

I would LOVE to see Haibara x Conan. Buuuuut I don't think it's gonna hapen. The relationship is at standstill. There was no significant development in ages. Meanwhile Ran x Shinichi gets developed every 10 or so chapters. At this point the chances are slim to none. Which is unfortunate because for once I would like to see something else than childhood friends becoming a couple ( Heiji X Kazuha / Kaito X Aoko, do we really need 3 childhood pairs?) 

I see it like this

Dream scenario: Haibara x Conan (chances are slim)

It may happen if: Ran dies (impossible), Ran stops loving Shinichi (pretty much impossible at this point), Shinichi stays kid because APTX can't be reversed (higly improbable and could be considered a spit in fans faces), Conan/Shinichi has change of heart (too late for that, we are 950 chapters in and no change of heart occured or was even implied). Conan obviously feels something towards Haibara. It may even be slight affection as he blushed while Ran assumed that he likes Haibara. But I think it's more of a protection bond. He failed to save her sister so he guards her.  

Okay scenario: Haibara either dies or stays single (basically becomes female Agasa, partners with Shinichi ?). 

I would be okay with this. Her dying is something that I could see. Sacrificing herself for Conan may be one of the options. Her staying alone I could also see. She could parter with Shinichi as his lab expert.

Worst scenario: Haibara stays a child and ends up with Mitsuhiko 

I am not okay with this at all. Some people seem to like this ship. I find it atrocious. While I can see why some people would assume that the ship is good (Mitsuhiko is smart and caring) I still don't like. At all. First of all we have the fact that it's basically 18 year old woman and a child. Second I don't think Haibara is gonna stay in her kid form. I just don't see it. She's strong and independant. While she's a child she depends on too many people. Reliving bad childhood to be happy just doesn't seem like her character at all. And if this ship does happen I will be so pissed I'll probably end up writing pretty angry fan mail and sending it to Gosho. 

PS. Even if Haibara x Conan won't happen I want to see them have a case as adults before the show ends. Maybe infiltrating some party or something like that. I want to see their chemistry as adults and all kinds of funny/interesting situations that could occur. Make it so Gosho! 

Which is unfortunate because for once I would like to see something else than childhood friends becoming a couple ( Heiji X Kazuha / Kaito X Aoko, do we really need 3 childhood pairs?) 

I definitely do. Even 3 aren't enough imo, I stopped appreciating non-childhood-friend romances long ago.

Okay scenario: Haibara either dies or stays single

If you like Ai's character, how can you be okay with her dying???

Worst scenario: Haibara stays a child and ends up with Mitsuhiko 

What if she stays a child but DOESN'T end up with Mitsuhiko?

I definitely do. Even 3 aren't enough imo, I stopped appreciating non-childhood-friend romances long ago.

If you like Ai's character, how can you be okay with her dying???

What if she stays a child but DOESN'T end up with Mitsuhiko?

The main romances are all pretty much the same. Childhood friends who can't properly express their feelings. A little variety wouldn't hurt in my opinion. 

I like her character, but I would be okay with her dying. I mean somebody IS gonna die at the end. It usually is the case. Haibara is one of the top contenders.

If she stays a child she'll most likely end up with Mitsuhiko. And I still don't like the idea of her staying as a child. At all. 

And I still don't like the idea of her staying as a child. At all. 

But why? I mean, fans who don't like the idea usually say it would be like "running" from destiny/life, but who would blame her for wanting to start from the beginning after everything she has suffered? I mean, requesting her to stand up to everything and face reality etc even after the black organization matter will be over, this would be too much for somebody who has suffered imo. Just being curious about your opinion.

But why? I mean, fans who don't like the idea usually say it would be like "running" from destiny/life, but who would blame her for wanting to start from the beginning after everything she has suffered? I mean, requesting her to stand up to everything and face reality etc even after the black organization matter will be over, this would be too much for somebody who has suffered imo. Just being curious about your opinion.

I just don't see why would she want to relive her childhood. Yes, I understand that she had pretty fucked up childhood and suffered alot of traumas. But why would she want to relive her childhood again. To have it the proper way this time around? Is that even something that she desires? Not to mention that I would assume that she would want to redeem herself somehow. After all she worked for BO. I can see a scenario where after Boss is caught she assists with getting rest of BO under arrest. I can't see her do it in her child form. But at the end of the day most of my points are based on my subjectional view. I just don't want her to stay as a child. But I admit it is a strong possibility that she stays a child. 

What if Haibara find lost relatives?there won't be any reason to stay as Haibara Ai...

Really I don't get people who want Ai to stay as a child and living in a lie, while she could easily build a new life with her real identity once the BO is destroyed...

and I agree with what Zerathus said...

What if Haibara find lost relatives?there won't be any reason to stay as Haibara Ai...

Really I don't get people who want Ai to stay as a child and living in a lie, while she could easily build a new life with her real identity once the BO is destroyed...

and I agree with what Zerathus said...

Looking at how Yukiko and Yusaku are fine with Shinichi being a child again, I imagine so could be Ai's lost relatives  :)

But it's not like I really want her to necessarily stay a child, I she doesn't it's ok anyway. It's probably because of my personal nostalgia of childhood and the lack of possibility of experiencing it again. But I don't know whether Ai wants to stay as a child or retun adult, Gosho hasn't said that yet I think. 

Looking at how Yukiko and Yusaku are fine with Shinichi being a child again, I imagine so could be Ai's lost relatives  :)

But it's not like I really want her to necessarily stay a child, I she doesn't it's ok anyway. It's probably because of my personal nostalgia of childhood and the lack of possibility of experiencing it again. But I don't know whether Ai wants to stay as a child or retun adult, Gosho hasn't said that yet I think. 

Oh yeah I guess many people(including me) would love to have the chance to get back to their childhood days again,but only for a short moment...and that's what Ai experienced...

She had the chance to enjoy the life of a child,and once the BO is destroyed,she will be able to live the life of a free woman,and assume her responsibilities in order to feel better in her new life. That would really prove she's not hiding or lying anymore,which would be a change from her past life.

Anyway with Gosho we never know so wait and see...

I like Conan/ Shinichi Kudo and Haibara Ai/ Miyano Shiho together but i have accepted the fact that Shinichi and Ran will get together. I can't see Ran dying or giving up on Shinichi. I think it's too late for that, she has been waiting for over 88+ volumes.

I can see Haibara dying though. I see her dying for Conan and right before she dies, she will confess to him.

oh and what about Shiho and Akai Shuichi? that might work... maybe not... idk. lol... 

I just don't see why would she want to relive her childhood. Yes, I understand that she had pretty fucked up childhood and suffered alot of traumas. But why would she want to relive her childhood again. To have it the proper way this time around? Is that even something that she desires? Not to mention that I would assume that she would want to redeem herself somehow. After all she worked for BO. I can see a scenario where after Boss is caught she assists with getting rest of BO under arrest. I can't see her do it in her child form. But at the end of the day most of my points are based on my subjectional view. I just don't want her to stay as a child. But I admit it is a strong possibility that she stays a child. 

What will she exactly do if she stays a child ? She's 18, going to kindergarten will be extremely boring, so will be hanging out with DB or any other 7 year olds after Conan's gone, hanging out with Hakase doesn't sound exciting either.

What will she exactly do if she stays a child ? She's 18, going to kindergarten will be extremely boring, so will be hanging out with DB or any other 7 year olds after Conan's gone, hanging out with Hakase doesn't sound exciting either.

Shiho doesn't exactly have a life as an adult. Everyone she loved is dead and most of the people who know her want her dead for defecting. As a child she actually has a real life with Agasa, whom she likes as a father figure and doesn't find boring because they have similar interests. Unlike Conan, she actually seems to like school because she never had a school life as a real child. Ai talked about the crushing loneliness of that once, eating alone while being rushed through grade levels and college. I doubt the Black Organization will crumble down neatly. If she returns to being an adult, she will likely have to go into hiding and leave Tokyo, or Japan altogether, to avoid the retribution of the Black Organization's partners. Traitors are hated most of all.

I don't see why people think Shinichi will stop visiting as an adult. He hung out with Agasa pretty frequently before he shrunk. Why would he revert to his arrogance after all the mental growing up as a fake child? Sure Shinichi will go to college/get a job eventually but Ai has plenty of time to work out what she wants.

• Upvote 1

Shiho doesn't exactly have a life as an adult. Everyone she loved is dead and most of the people who know her want her dead for defecting. As a child she actually has a real life with Agasa, whom she likes as a father figure and doesn't find boring because they have similar interests. Unlike Conan, she actually seems to like school because she never had a school life as a real child. Ai talked about the crushing loneliness of that once, eating alone while being rushed through grade levels and college. I doubt the Black Organization will crumble down neatly. If she returns to being an adult, she will likely have to go into hiding and leave Tokyo, or Japan altogether, to avoid the retribution of the Black Organization's partners. Traitors are hated most of all.

I don't see why people think Shinichi will stop visiting as an adult. He hung out with Agasa pretty frequently before he shrunk. Why would he revert to his arrogance after all the mental growing up as a fake child? Sure Shinichi will go to college/get a job eventually but Ai has plenty of time to work out what she wants.

And what if she found relatives,will she really want to stay as a child?

I mean after the BO is gone she could have a life an an adult.She was alone before but now she has friends and Agasa,so what's the point of hiding with a fake identity?It would be much more brave for her to get back to her real identity and use all that she learnt as Ai in her real life.At least she wouldn't have to lie anymore.And DC is all about truth...

Gosho said DC will have a happy ending, so I can't imagine that if the BO is not fully destroyed...

Really, what kind of advice it would give to little kids watching DC...if your life is sad then take another identity and erase your past :rolleyes:  

Personally I would be way more satisfyied if she took the antidote and try to use her knowledge to help people,as a way to take her responsibilities for the drug she made(she's still sad about the people who died because of it). For me it's better and more realistic than just enjoying a second childhood (that she already is enjoying)

And what if she found relatives,will she really want to stay as a child?

You mean the Akai family?

I mean after the BO is gone she could have a life an an adult.She was alone before but now she has friends and Agasa,so what's the point of hiding with a fake identity?It would be much more brave for her to get back to her real identity and use all that she learnt as Ai in her real life.At least she wouldn't have to lie anymore.And DC is all about truth...

Gosho said DC will have a happy ending, so I can't imagine that if the BO is not fully destroyed...

My main point is that the Shiho's circumstances after the fall of the BO would not be helped by being an adult. All the big fish might be arrested or killed, but that doesn't mean all of the associates will be nabbed right away. Even if you had fantasy 100% police efficiency all the bad guys must first go through court. And while we are on the topic of crime, it's highly possible Shiho herself may be charged with crimes. She did create a killer drug and the police can't really overlook that. Worst case scenario she has the whole book thrown at her and she ends up in jail for decades, best case scenario she is offered amnesty in exchange for testimony, but she will most likely be forced into witness protection to protect her from her former BO colleagues getting favors from criminals outside of jail and angry members of the public. Either way, Shiho would be under the control of a prosecutor who cares more about getting the bad guys for the sake of his career and justice than properly protecting an ex-bad guy and her secrets. The likelihood of her having normal "real life" after all of this is very low because she will be in jail or in hiding from pissed off ex-BO.

If Shiho remains a child she would at least have the card up her sleeve of being practically unprosecutable, but still able to offer testimony while controlling when and where she is seen as Shiho by using temporary antidotes. It would reduce the risk to Agasa and the Detective Boys. It also lets her choose how to atone, rather than a prosecutor with different priorities. Perhaps later she might choose to take the antidote, but I fully expect DC to end without her taking it right away. There isn't a good reason for immediate reversion.

If she becomes an adult again she can at least go to high school with Shinichi & other kids her age, which she will like much more. Or get a job she likes. Btw Haibara doesn't have any more 'loved ones' than Shiho except for DB.  

I'm sure she cares for Hakase & the DB, & I think she does appreciate the school life for the reason you said, but I'm pretty sure hanging out with an old man & 7 year old kids whole day will get very boring for an 18 year old. 

And I think when the BO goes down the police would probably get all of the members, that makes sense for this show.

If she becomes an adult again she can at least go to high school with Shinichi & other kids her age, which she will like much more.

No, Shiho is two years older than him, with 18 she's already pretty much out of high school age in Japan. And again, she never had a childhood, so there's no reason for her not enjoy her reliving that time.

• Upvote 1

Isn't that what she and Shinichi/Conan have been doing for pretty much the entire series?

Yep, but only Conan complains about it. Ai seems content. She especially seems to like playing Agasa's diet minder, enough to put silly emoticons in her messages.

Yep, but only Conan complains about it. Ai seems content. She especially seems to like playing Agasa's diet minder, enough to put silly emoticons in her messages.

And then there's that (my comment there, was mainly about the tense Silverbullet96 used).

Isn't that what she and Shinichi/Conan have been doing for pretty much the entire series?

Because right now she has Conan, won't be the case after he turns back into an adult. & obviously the fear of the BO is restricting her from doing much else with herself.

No, Shiho is two years older than him, with 18 she's already pretty much out of high school age in Japan. And again, she never had a childhood, so there's no reason for her not enjoy her reliving that time.

Shiho is just a year older than him I think. And like I said, I'm sure she appreciates living a much carefree life, but no way will an 18 year old find enough joy in a life which consists no more than taking care of Hakase & babysitting DB. 

Shiho is just a year older than him I think.

no way will an 18 year old find enough joy in a life which consists no more than taking care of Hakase & babysitting DB. 

Shinichi is 17 in the anime. In the manga, he and Ran are 16.

Speak for yourself.

Because right now she has Conan... And like I said, I'm sure she appreciates living a much carefree life, but no way will an 18 year old find enough joy in a life which consists no more than taking care of Hakase & babysitting DB.

I think you are projecting too many of your own feelings and personality on her character to make conclusions rather than looking at the evidence. Haibara as a character, unlike Ran, doesn't revolve around Shinichi/Conan. Haibara draws almost as much strength from Ayumi and the DB and their pep talks as she does from Conan. She also enjoys being around Agasa and the DB, as she goes with them all of the time without complaint (unlike Conan who wishes he was an adult and knocks their kiddy interests at regular intervals). No evidence in the manga suggests the contrary.

Yeah(if the fans speculations are right of course)

My main point is that the Shiho's circumstances after the fall of the BO would not be helped by being an adult. All the big fish might be arrested or killed, but that doesn't mean all of the associates will be nabbed right away. Even if you had fantasy 100% police efficiency all the bad guys must first go through court. And while we are on the topic of crime, it's highly possible Shiho herself may be charged with crimes. She did create a killer drug and the police can't really overlook that. Worst case scenario she has the whole book thrown at her and she ends up in jail for decades, best case scenario she is offered amnesty in exchange for testimony, but she will most likely be forced into witness protection to protect her from her former BO colleagues getting favors from criminals outside of jail and angry members of the public. Either way, Shiho would be under the control of a prosecutor who cares more about getting the bad guys for the sake of his career and justice than properly protecting an ex-bad guy and her secrets. The likelihood of her having normal "real life" after all of this is very low because she will be in jail or in hiding from pissed off ex-BO.

If Shiho remains a child she would at least have the card up her sleeve of being practically unprosecutable, but still able to offer testimony while controlling when and where she is seen as Shiho by using temporary antidotes. It would reduce the risk to Agasa and the Detective Boys. It also lets her choose how to atone, rather than a prosecutor with different priorities. Perhaps later she might choose to take the antidote, but I fully expect DC to end without her taking it right away. There isn't a good reason for immediate reversion.

So that would be a way to avoid justice...which is not really something positive if you ask me.

I would rather see her facing all of what she has done...Maybe the FBI will find a way for her to not go to trial (if she works for them or something like that)

I just don't see the point of staying as Ai if she's not hiding from the BO anymore,for me that would be like Shiho Miyano never existed.Even if she had a sad life that doesn't mean she has to erase her real identity.

So that would be a way to avoid justice...which is not really something positive if you ask me.

I would rather see her facing all of what she has done...Maybe the FBI will find a way for her to not go to trial (if she works for them or something like that)

That's making the assumption that the workings of the court system and actual justice are synonymous. Perhaps the court system is good enough, but I think there are other ways she could use her medical knowledge and insight into the Organization to help pursue the remnants and make amends to the families of the victims and all of Japan that a traditional punishment would not indulge.

I just don't see the point of staying as Ai if she's not hiding from the BO anymore,for me that would be like Shiho Miyano never existed.

I don't think Shiho Miyano matters anymore tbh. She died when she attempted suicide in the locked room with APTX. The current Haibara is a completely different person than she used to be.

I think you are projecting too many of your own feelings and personality on her character to make conclusions rather than looking at the evidence. Haibara as a character, unlike Ran, doesn't revolve around Shinichi/Conan. Haibara draws almost as much strength from Ayumi and the DB and their pep talks as she does from Conan. She also enjoys being around Agasa and the DB, as she goes with them all of the time without complaint (unlike Conan who wishes he was an adult and knocks their kiddy interests at regular intervals). No evidence in the manga suggests the contrary.

Just because she doesn't complain doesn't mean anything. They're different personalities, can you really imagine Haibara pouting & whining about being a child ? Also right now she doesn't have a choice, if she turns adult, she's in serious danger. Would you at 18 have enjoyed that your daily life consisted only of hanging out with an old man & three 7 year old kids ?