Detective Conan World
hopes

Conan x Ayumi

RanXGenta is really weird but it's better than AyumiXGenta. :P

I still believe in AyuCon. Ai would not break the heart of the girl that she treats like a little sister and Ai has already shown that she would keep all the bitterness to herself as long others are happy. Hence, Ai would not take Conan for herself. :P

And I don't understand why so many people are so disgusted of AyuCon. Is it because of the age difference? Dude, come on. No one is expecting them to suddenly date at a tender age of 7. <_< What I am focusing on is their future. Ayumi is very bright- observant for her age so she will be on the same level with Conan when she grow up. :) That's how great Ayumi is. They would be a great pair. Better than ShinRan, ConAi and other weird parings (like ShinKazu :P) that can exist. Their interactions that are pure and simple are one of the reasons I love this pairing. :D

^ This.

ShinRan.

AiCon.

AyuCon. <3

• Upvote 1

Guys, just name ONE person who dates someone TEN years younger than themselves.

There are people famous who are dating even further than THAT. :P

And I have friend who's parents are TWELVE years apart. Once somebody gets to a certain age, the difference doesn't matter and that person is just as mature as the older one.

Once again, nobody expects for Ayumi to date as a seven year old therefor we can assume that she'll be older when he starts to date her which means she'll be caught up on the maturity scale.

(Keep in mind that while he will still be getting older, he WILL STILL be Conan. that means he won't have adult experiences like having his own car or paying bills or getting married or having kids until the rest of the DB do which means that his maturity rate is going to slow down quite a bit- to the point where the DB will catch up.) :)

Pedobear.

For the last time. NOBODY EXPECTS FOR AYUMI TO DATE AT 7 YEARS OLD.

SHINICHI WOULD NOT BE A PEDOPHILE FOR DATING HER.

Why you all refuse to acknowledge that is beyond me. D:

Ayumi is too young to date, period. Once she gets old who sees an issue in Conan falling for her? (Or Shinichi falling for her... when his relationship with Ran finally burns out like the tiny flame that it is. xD)

For the last time. NOBODY EXPECTS FOR AYUMI TO DATE AT 7 YEARS OLD.

SHINICHI WOULD NOT BE A PEDOPHILE FOR DATING HER.

Why you all refuse to acknowledge that is beyond me. D:

Ayumi is too young to date, period. Once she gets old who sees an issue in Conan falling for her? (Or Shinichi falling for her... when his relationship with Ran finally burns out like the tiny flame that it is. xD)

I'm saddened that you don't know what Pedobear is.

Age of the two participants is a factor in acceptability when an age gap is concerned. When you are a teenager even a 5 year age gap in either direction is considered bad, either because you are too old and considered a pedophile or you are too young and inexperienced (thus the older party is likely "taking advantage" of your naivety). However, as age increases that disappears, and when reaching adulthood the idea of consensual relationships arise. At the current moment, it would be considered bad for Shinichi to date Ayumi in any sense. 17 year old dating 7 year old bad, no matter whom you ask. However, 30 year old dating a 20 year old becomes more palatable and socially acceptable. However, if Shinichi remains as Conan that is a different story, as they will be viewed as the same age no matter what. However the interesting idea will be how Shinichi's adult mind will view being with someone with a teenage mind, despite physical similarity. Despite what the show says about Shinichi's mind, his thought process is still likely very much adolescent in nature as opposed to adult. I would be more interested to see, if he remains as Conan how his relationship with Ayumi would progress as his mind matures past the time of adolescence.

Edit: Did I just counter my own argument?! I think I did. There must be something wrong with me.

ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN SHE'S MY CUTE LITTLE GIRLFRIEND GET OF AYUMI NOW.

Hmm... I hope my wife's not commiting adultery on me... This Conan guy and me better have a talk :P

ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN SHE'S MY CUTE LITTLE GIRLFRIEND GET OF AYUMI NOW.

Hmm... I hope my wife's not commiting adultery on me... This Conan guy and me better have a talk :P

LMAO I'm actually REALLY HAPPY to see somebody obsessing over Ayumi talking about how cute and wonderful she is as opposed to Ran or Ai, just because she doesn't get enough attention.

Are you guys serious? The chance of Conan ending up with either Haibara or Ayumi is and will alwayd be ZERO. ShinRan is the main canon pairing, ever since the first episode. Their relationship have been developing gradually. They both LOVE each other and share many similarities, like their sense of justice for example. Ayumi imitating Conan doesn't mean that they share anything common.

Seriously, stop making it seem like Conan-sama is a play boy because he's NOT. He only loves Ran and NO ONE else. No matter how much you jelly Conan and Haibara fan-made pairing fans wish that Ran will die, she won't =w= Even if we pretend she does, its not like Conan-sama will move on to Haibara =.="" He's loyal to Ran and isn't interested in any other girl. If he was (interested in other girls and not loyal to Ran), he would have been going out with Haibara right now right? Since he, as Shinichi, is currently absent from Ran, so even if she saw him as Conan with Haibara it won't really matter to her. Same goes for Ayumi. But no, Conan-sama loves Ran more that anyone else and is loyal to her, which is stated countless of times in the series. He WON'T move on to any other girl whether Ran is there at his side or not.

Case Closed.

• Upvote 2

Are you guys serious? The chance of Conan ending up with either Haibara or Ayumi is and will alwayd be ZERO. ShinRan is the main canon pairing, ever since the first episode. Their relationship have been developing gradually. They both LOVE each other and share many similarities, like their sense of justice for example. Ayumi imitating Conan doesn't mean that they share anything common.

Seriously, stop making it seem like Conan-sama is a play boy because he's NOT. He only loves Ran and NO ONE else. No matter how much you jelly Conan and Haibara fan-made pairing fans wish that Ran will die, she won't =w= Even if we pretend she does, its not like Conan-sama will move on to Haibara =.="" He's loyal to Ran and isn't interested in any other girl. If he was, he would have been going out with Haibara right now right? Since he, as Shinichi, is currently absent from Ran, so even if she saw him as Conan with Haibara it won't really matter to her. Same goes for Ayumi. But no, Conan-sama loves Ran more that anyone else and is loyal to her, which is stated countless of times in the series. He WON'T move on to any other girl whether Ran is there at his side or not.

Case Closed.

Really hope you are right. I am 100% sure too Ayumi has no chance, as for Haibara, I am afraid her fans could make pressure on Gosho if they become too many and it will be commercially profitable to make a Haibara ending, but I hope Gosho has enough strength of character not to give in. 

Anyway, I would prefer Ayumi with Mitsuhiko (Genta can marry his bowl of eel soup  :) ).

Really hope you are right. I am 100% sure too Ayumi has no chance, as for Haibara, I am afraid her fans could make pressure on Gosho if they become too many and it will be commercially profitable to make a Haibara ending, but I hope Gosho has enough strength of character not to give in. 

Anyway, I would prefer Ayumi with Mitsuhiko (Genta can marry his bowl of eel soup  :) ).

No worries, Goshou-sensei won't give in to the demands of those Haibara and Conan fans. Obviously he's well aware that the Haibara and Conan are being paired by fans, but that doesn't really make much diference to him. If it did, he wouldn't have had Shinichi confess to Ran, nor he would keep on developing Shinichi and Ran's relationship right? Haibara is just there for the plot developement. She wasn't created to become Conan's love interest.

Okay, come on now, guys.

Let's be mature about this.

LouiseEdogawa:

The chance is not zero- there is always a possibility for everything- and while the chances may be slim that does not mean that they do not exist.

Their relationship has hardly developed since the series began- aren't they at a stalemate right now because of the London Arch? I could be wrong, I haven't seen the newer episodes. I've been tied up in Game of Thrones and Bioshock. XD

We were not making it seem like he is a play-boy. If he were to stay as Conan, it is only fair for him, if he truly loved Ran like you claim he does, to tell her to move on. Whether or not she does is Ran's choice. But he would need to tell her he isn't coming back. As it is it's awfully not very loving of him to keep her waiting like this. Sacrifice is needed in a relationship. I believe Ran may really love him (she's sacrificed quite a bit of her youth on his butt now, hasn't she?) but I don't believe he truly loves her. We do not wish that Ran will die, she's not my favorite character, but I won't wish for her death. That's immature and just... fangirlish. I've said it would be good for the story, before, it would make it interesting, but Gosho would not do that and I'm not sure I would want him to. It'd cause fans a lot of heartbreak and probably ruin his entire show.

Even if he wasn't loyal to Ran he wouldn't still be going out with Haibara. You, yourself, have just painted him as a playboy, there. That would be extremely out-of-character for him. I don't think the AiCon fans would even enjoy it if that's how their couple got together (well, the ones that know what good writing is...).

That last part is debatable. You can't help it if you fall in love with somebody else, so that may eventually happen to him, but the notion of him acting on it might freak him out for a while.

Hobogoblin2012:

How are you so sure that Ayumi has no chance?

Haibara, if she has romantic feelings for Conan (I don't think she does. I think it's more a best guy-friend ordeal.), hasn't said anything yet.

Ayumi has.

Conan recognizes that Ayumi has these feelings and he hasn't said anything to her about them. He isn't encouraging her but he isn't discouraging her. If he truly didn't care about her affections, even if it made the group awkward for a while, he'd at least be able to break it to her slowly, right? Now I'm not saying they should run away and get married right now, but if he doesn't say anything to her or reject her, that sort of thing could grow slowly in time.

Okay, let's not be mean to Genta.

IHKF (I didn't insert the quote because for some reason it doesn't show up in my post, maybe it's a bug):

I think Ayumi has no chance mostly because, as far as I know, the Ayumi x Conan fans are not that many compared to Haibara's and Ran's. As cynical as it may be, I think popular series as Conan often become about money and if Conan gets together with Ayumi, many people simply won't buy it. I am not saying I approve this kind of logic, I just think that unfortunately it's the law of the market.

I also think it would be strange for Gosho to decide to put a 17-years-old with a 7-years old.

As for Genta, I didn't mean to insult him. In fact he is my favorite character in the series (as weird as it may seem), closely followed by Ran, the cat Goro and Yamamura. I think he will be perfectly fine as single.

No, they are not. There are few AyuCon supporters- but they are growing in numbers. XD I suppose the newer episodes must have some scenes or something I don't know about.

Oh no, Gosho Aoyama is definitely after money- that's why the series has been carried out so long. but I don't think he's shallow enough to carve and throw away his story to make it horrible for the sake of cash.

Once again, not at her current age. She's too young to even be dating. XD I'd be uncomfortable with it, myself.

.. Strangely, I agree. I don't know what kind of woman he'd end up with. I'd just feel bad if he were alone. XD

Okay, come on now, guys.

Let's be mature about this.

LouiseEdogawa:

The chance is not zero- there is always a possibility for everything- and while the chances may be slim that does not mean that they do not exist.

Well, there might be a possibility, but its so small that its not considered.

Their relationship has hardly developed since the series began- aren't they at a stalemate right now because of the London Arch? I could be wrong, I haven't seen the newer episodes. I've been tied up in Game of Thrones and Bioshock. XD

Not exactly. Those every now and then ShinRan moments also count as some kind of development, since it helps them understand how much they love each other.

We were not making it seem like he is a play-boy. If he were to stay as Conan, it is only fair for him, if he truly loved Ran like you claim he does, to tell her to move on. Whether or not she does is Ran's choice. But he would need to tell her he isn't coming back. As it is it's awfully not very loving of him to keep her waiting like this. Sacrifice is needed in a relationship. I believe Ran may really love him (she's sacrificed quite a bit of her youth on his butt now, hasn't she?) but I don't believe he truly loves her. We do not wish that Ran will die, she's not my favorite character, but I won't wish for her death. That's immature and just... fangirlish. I've said it would be good for the story, before, it would make it interesting, but Gosho would not do that and I'm not sure I would want him to. It'd cause fans a lot of heartbreak and probably ruin his entire show.

Do you really think he'll give up on her? Do you think Goshou-sensei will ruin the main canon DC pairing just because some people don't support them? I don't think so.

If Conan-sama didn't truely love Ran, he wouldn't have risked his life so much for her. He's always super worried when she's in danger, like when she and Sonoko were almost kidnapped by a murderer (that "special sexy shot" episode if you remember : p ) or when she collapsed after that case in the chinese resturant. If you noticed, the faces he made at such times were really something. He's never really shocked/worried to such extends, but only when its related to the person he loves the most.

Even if he wasn't loyal to Ran he wouldn't still be going out with Haibara. You, yourself, have just painted him as a playboy, there. That would be extremely out-of-character for him. I don't think the AiCon fans would even enjoy it if that's how their couple got together (well, the ones that know what good writing is...).

I think you misunderstood me so I just edited it.

That last part is debatable. You can't help it if you fall in love with somebody else, so that may eventually happen to him, but the notion of him acting on it might freak him out for a while.

Hobogoblin2012:

How are you so sure that Ayumi has no chance?

Haibara, if she has romantic feelings for Conan (I don't think she does. I think it's more a best guy-friend ordeal.), hasn't said anything yet.

Ayumi has.

Conan recognizes that Ayumi has these feelings and he hasn't said anything to her about them. He isn't encouraging her but he isn't discouraging her. If he truly didn't care about her affections, even if it made the group awkward for a while, he'd at least be able to break it to her slowly, right? Now I'm not saying they should run away and get married right now, but if he doesn't say anything to her or reject her, that sort of thing could grow slowly in time.

He might have an idea that she likes him, but remember, Conan-sama is dense when it comes to love. So we can't say for sure that he accepts her feelings. 

IHKF (I didn't insert the quote because for some reason it doesn't show up in my post, maybe it's a bug):

I think Ayumi has no chance mostly because, as far as I know, the Ayumi x Conan fans are not that many compared to Haibara's and Ran's. As cynical as it may be, I think popular series as Conan often become about money and if Conan gets together with Ayumi, many people simply won't buy it. I am not saying I approve this kind of logic, I just think that unfortunately it's the law of the market.

I also think it would be strange for Gosho to decide to put a 17-years-old with a 7-years old.

I have to disagree with you on this. In DC, the storyline is not affected by the wishes of the fans. This might be the case in other anime, but not in DC.

I have to disagree with you on this. In DC, the storyline is not affected by the wishes of the fans. This might be the case in other anime, but not in DC.

I hope so. It's just I am a pessimist and always see bad things  :(