Monday Night 7:30 p.m. Murder Case
|Title:||Monday Night 7:30 p.m. Murder Case|
|Japanese title:||月曜夜7時30分殺人事件 |
(Getsuyō Yoru Shichiji Sanjuppun Satsujin Jiken)
|Original airdate:||November 4, 1996|
|Manga source:||TV Original|
|English title:||Wrong Place at the Wrong Time|
|Dubbed episode:||Episode 37|
|English airdate:||July 26, 2004|
|Cast:||Conan Edogawa |
|Case solved by:||Conan Edogawa|
|Next Conan's Hint:||Curtain|
|Episode director:||Johei Matsuura|
|Animation director:||Atsushi Aono|
|Opening song:||Feel Your Heart|
|Closing song:||Meikyū no Lovers|
|Prev episode:||« Mountain Villa Bandaged Man Murder Case|
|Next episode:||Cactus's Flower Murder Case »|
|List of episodes|
When Katsuhiko Nakamoto, a seedy real estate agent, is murdered in his condominium, the police suspect Yoko Sawaki, a well-known dentist in town. They believe that she was getting back at Nakamoto for a crime that he committed 26 years ago. Will Conan's investigation vindicate the beautiful dentist or debunk her perfect alibi?
- There's a stark contrast between this case's avenger's choice to not kill further after extracting revenge, and the previous case's avenger.
- In the episode directly before this, Takahashi kills Chikako to avenge Atsuko, and hails himself as a "messenger of justice", before Conan corrects him and reminds him that he was willing to kill an innocent Ran, not for Atsuko's sake, but to protect himself.
- In this episode, Conan intentionally puts himself in an extreme amount of danger by revealing that he hasn't told anyone about Yoko's trick, or that he went to her home either.
- He does this to see if she will do the same mistake as Takahashi, but instead Yoko doesn't touch Conan because he is innocent just like Ran was in the previous episode.
- This allows Conan to not report her to the police with a clear conscience, but since he didn't tell her, she turns herself in because she assumes that he was going to report her and nobody would believe him because he's just a kid, similar to her situation 26 years before this incident..
- This is the first time that a Dentist was the culprit.
- This is the first time that the culprit used a change in the witness's location trick.
- The names of the characters in the Funimation Dub are:
- Yoko Sawaki - Dr. Karen Keeler
- Katsuhiko Nakamoto - Burt Barnes
|1||Feel Your Heart||Feel Your Heart||Feel Your Heart||Feel Your Heart|
|2||蘭のテーマ||Ran no Tēma||Ran's Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|3||昼下がりの天使たち||Hirusagari no Tenshitachi||Early Afternoon Angels||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|4||少年探偵団のテーマ||Shōnen Tanteidan no Tēma||The Detective Boys' Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|5||事件現場２||Jiken Genba 2||Scene of the Case 2||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|6||新一のテーマ||Shin'ichi no Tēma||Shinichi's Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|7||事件現場 （謎ver.）||Jiken Genba (Nazo ver.)||Scene of the Case (Mystery ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|8||西の名探偵||Nishi no Meitantei||The Great Detective of the West||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|9||事件現場２||Jiken Genba 2||Scene of the Case 2||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|10||コナンの危機||Konan no Kiki||Conan's Crisis||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack Super Best|
|11||陰謀||Inbō||Conspiracy||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|12||怪人包帯男１||Kaijin Hōtai Otoko 1||The Mysterious Bandaged Man 1||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|13||悲劇のヒロイン||Higeki no Hiroin||Tragic Heroine||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|14||迷宮のラヴァーズ||Meikyū no Lovers||Lovers' Labyrinth||Meikyū no Lovers|
|15||希望||Kibō||Hope||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
In other languages
|Episodes of Season 2|
|Episode 29 • 30 • 31 • 32 • 33 • 34 • 35 • 36 • 37 • 38 • 39 • 40 • 41 • 42 • 43 • 44 • 45 • 46 • 47 • 48 • 49 • 50 • 51 • 52 • 53 • 54|