Conan and Ebizo's Kabuki Jūhachiban Mystery
|Title:||Conan and Ebizo's Kabuki Jūhachiban Mystery|
|Japanese title:||コナンと海老蔵 歌舞伎十八番ミステリー |
(Konan to Ebizō Kabuki Jūhachiban Misuterī?)
|Broadcast rating:||9.1% |
|Original airdate:||January 9, 2016 (Part 1) * |
January 16, 2016 (Part 2) *
|Manga source:||TV Original|
|Cast:||Conan Edogawa |
|Case solved by:||Kogoro Mouri (via Conan)|
|Next Conan's Hint:||Ebizo Ichikawa XI (Part 1) |
Jacket (Part 2)
|Episode director:||804 Hajime Kamegaki |
805 Yasuichiro Yamamoto
|Animation director:||804 Masatomo Sudo (supervisor), Seiji Muta (supervisor), Kenichi Ōtomo, Chiemi Hironaka, Keiko Sasaki |
805 Masatomo Sudo (supervisor), Seiji Muta (supervisor), Nobuyuki Iwai, Aiyuu Imoto (asst.)
|Closing song:||Unmei no Roulette Mawashite|
|Prev episode:||« The Pitfall of Fire Precautions|
|Next episode:||The Ventriloquist's Illusion »|
|List of episodes|
|* 1 Hour Special|
One day, Conan, Mitsuhiko, and Genta were playing soccer while Ai and Ayumi were sitting at a bench, watching them run around. At one point, the ball hit Mitsuhiko in the face as he was trying to volley a pass from Conan and it flew towards the fences. As Conan went to pick up the ball, a car passed by, making its way down a hill. He and Ai noticed there were drops of brake fluid on the road and immediately realized that car was out of control. She tells him there is a railroad crossing up ahead and tosses his skateboard to him. As Conan skateboards down the hill to stop the car, she calls the police. At the crossing, Sonoko was in a pink Bentley Mulsanne using her phone when she heard that car honking. She turns around and sees Conan airborne with his skateboard, catching her by surprise. He manages to stop the car by wrapping his Anywhere Ball Dispensing Belt around a railing and shooting a soccer ball, which inflated and redirected the car toward a pile of cardboard boxes at Tohto Paper Recycling Plant.
The police arrive at the plant and tell Takuya Hosoo, that car's driver, that someone messed with its brakes. Takuya tells them he knew that but he had no choice since he had to hurry; he even says he does not have time to take any questioning from them. Soon after, Kogoro and Ran arrive at the scene to scold Conan, not knowing that the kid saved Takuya, and Sonoko came soon after. They misunderstood Conan's intentions because Sonoko told them the kid caused the car to crash, since she saw the car crash right after Conan flew onto the road.
As Takuya was opening the trunk of his car to look at a briefcase, which he had to deliver to someone, he turned his head and recognized Sonoko as President Suzuki's daughter. It turns out they meet each other often during kabuki after-parties, since the president is a huge fan of kabuki. Conan and Ran bugged out when Sonoko told them she dined with the famous kabuki theater actor Ichikawa Ebizo XI a bunch of times. Takuya tells them Ebizo is a big fan of Kogoro.
Takuya, Kogoro, Ran, Sonoko, and Conan are on Hitoshi Takahashi's car, heading toward a kabuki theater Ebizo is currently at. On the way there, Takuya and Hitoshi discuss the incident from earlier. Hitoshi tells Takuya that he did not see anyone suspicious near the garage of Takuya's house last night. At the theater, they see Ebizo and some other people practicing "Nanatsu Men" of the Jūhachiban Kabuki. After some practice, everyone gathers around to see Ebizo open the briefcase Takuya gave to him; inside, there was a two-faced mask. As everyone gazes at it in awe, Conan notices something peculiar about it.
When the president was shocked about the two-faced mask is gone, it was found on Hitoshi's car, but the two-faced mask is gone, only the briefcase is there.
While they are on Hoaji Hospital, Iwami almost commit suicide but stopped by them.
While Conan is talking to Kaneko, he was kidnapped. And they are wondering where's Conan.
|Kidnapping and Attempted Murder|
They found Conan in the basement.
- Along with The Scarlet School Trip, this is the first one hour special episode, transmitted in two parts.
- In the intro to the viewers, Conan and Ebizo wished them a Happy New Year themselves. Mitsuhiko remembers that in the same intro for next year Conan Cornered in the Darkness.
- In the second part, Sumiko Kobayashi has given to Inspector Shiratori the coffee mug with love symbols that Haibara and the Detective Boys have bought for her in Quarter of Silence.
- Detective Chiba's first name is revealed to be "Kazunobu."
- The rescue of Conan from a demolished building is clearly modeled after The First Errand Murder Case.
- The sea sweatshirt wearing by Sonoko in the first episode is the same from The Missing Sweets in the Old Shop, Private Eye in the Distant Sea, and A Dispute Over a Platinum Ticket, and later in Mysterious Case in a Hot Air Balloon and The Sun Sets in Tangerine Fields.
- Sonoko's car is a Pink Bentley Mulsanne. It reappears in the end of Mysterious Case in a Hot Air Balloon, where it's revealed the license plate number: 新宿 300, す 4 04 (Shinjuku 300, Su 4 04).
- Ebizo Ichikawa car drive with Conan is a Red Audi Q7 V12 TDI Typ 4L. The license plate number is 新宿 337, ほ 71-26 (Shinjuku 337, Ho 71-26).
- Takuya Hosoo car drive is a Black Mercedes Benz C class (W205). The license plate number is 新宿 332, め 41-41 (Shinjuku 332, Me 41-41).
- Hitoshi Takahashi car is a 2015 White Toyota Vellfire [GH30W] (second generation). The license plate number is 新宿 334, た 11-04 (Shinjuku 334, Ta 11-04).
- The Kabuki parking car is a Blue Chrysler 300 [LX]. The license plate number is 新宿 330, ち• 7 82 (Shinjuku 330, Chi • 7 82).
- Hosoo house garage car right side is a 2011 White Lexus LFA [LFA10].
- Sodesaki's bike is an Honda Super Cub 50 Pro.
- Harumi is clearly fall in love with Iwami during his hospitalization.
|Episodes of Season 25|
|779 • 780 • 781 • 782 • 783 • 784 • 785 • 786 • 787 • 788 • 789 • 790 • 791 • 792 • 793 • 794 • 795 • 796 • 797 • 798 • 799 • 800 • 801 • 802 • 803 • 804 • 805 • 806 • 807 • 808 • 809 • 810 • 811 • 812 • 813 • 814 • 815 • 816 • 817|