Officer Kaoko

Japanese Classroom

Can i join too..

i know few or moderate word or verbs like:

Suru,shitte,iru and arimasu..

Family calls like

Oniichan,oneechan,odou san and okasan

and other basic words like

kon'nichiwa,hajimemashite,kombanwa,otanjobi omedeto,omedeto gozaimasu,akemashite omedeto gozaimasu,and other basic basic and moderate words....

since i've learning how to be a VOICE ACTOR...

Pretty good ;-). But -> "Oniichan,oneechan,odou san and okasan"

It is 'Otou-san' or did you just typed wrong? th_092_.gif

Tnx....^^

You are welcome ^_^.

Haha I've just come up with those two characters idea a little bit too late 7f5341cc.gif, すみません875328cc.gif

So, the next lesson will begin with "Na"? Then you could use ルトうずまき for the main character ~ but he's using katakana 098eb4a5.gif

Ja, I'll wait for the next lesson ^_^

Ummm, I've used 2 characters from Naruto... I wanna use characters from other anime 4412144b.gif. xD

I think she is doing 平仮名 (Hiragana). ナ is a katakana. She may teach you な first. She won't use ナルト like in the manga. But she can use なると like this picture:

f0085217_2339187.jpg

Wow, maybe we can sum this up in the na lesson th_095_.gif.

Ah~ you meant narutomaki?

Well, well, Uzumaki Naruto I suggested just for main character of the topic lesson ( な ), like Tenten and Tonton before laugh.gif

Yeah, haha f529a952.gif.

Shalala itsuka kitTO,though it's from Naruto OP....(i don't know where it is)but it's titled Hotaru no Hikari(ホタルの光)

it depends on the explanation,though "と" is a used for quoting...

it is used as "if,when,and & with...

I have many learned from "TO" letter...^^

Good th_102_.gif. But it's kinda hard to understand what you are trying to get :(.

<3 TenTen

I love Tenten, too. That's why I used her 015.gif. Are you also attending the lessons, Parkur? Would you mind me adding you to the list 074.gif?

GAWD DAMMIT PARKUR TENTEN IS TURRIBLE

th_118_.gif... Tenten is AWESOME df13952b.gif!

omg what is this? Is this the official DCW page for learning/teaching Japanese? xD

and wow, Kaoko! : D

This is just a classroom I and my sensei started. But, there's a secret... there'd be more to this community th_099_.gif (sorry, but I can't say any further 015.gif)...

Haha 014.gif, would you like to join, Kaitou-chan f6eb47d3.gif?

Pretty good . But -> "Oniichan,oneechan,odou san and okasan"

It is 'Otou-san' or did you just typed wrong?th_092_.gif

ahh...Nothing,i've just realized that it has the "と" letter...I've used it as i have read the lesson...81b772583e9dae47ce961360825ae009.gif

Good .th_102_.gif But it's kinda hard to understand what you are trying to get :( .

I think i will wait for the next lesson..shy.gif

May I join?

Of course you can.

Sorry I haven't been on lately, real life's gotten busier. Looks like Kaoko's got everything under control (so much that I'm probably not needed anymore, lol). I've got exams coming up in the next few weeks so I might be offline for sometime.

Scheduled email sending.

All Japanese Classroom students will get invitation to forum.

Haha, thanks ali_081.gif! Just to inform you guys that the forum I made is for us to create and discuss projects for our Japanese learning community ali_032.gif. As sharing pictures for our certain lessons, ideas and suggestions for the blog and the courses th_102_.gif, etc. In addition of that, I permit members to create forums in the off topic boards, like Gin requested for the Naruto forum there ali_002.gif. But remember, our main home is here in DCW 70bff581.gif!

May I join?

Of course you can ali_031.gif! Welcome to Japanese Classroom of DCW 074.gif!

ahh...Nothing,i've just realized that it has the "と" letter...I've used it as i have read the lesson...81b772583e9dae47ce961360825ae009.gif

I think i will wait for the next lesson..shy.gif

Sorry, haha... I will post the lesson shortly hopefully. I am having Tna to help me with the lessons, like finding the examples and stuff (because I'm quite busy these days, too. Having Tna to help me, we will post the lessons more quickly JFBQ00184070402A.gif). And just to tell you guys that she is doing a great job f529a952.gif!

Of course you can.

Sorry I haven't been on lately, real life's gotten busier. Looks like Kaoko's got everything under control (so much that I'm probably not needed anymore, lol). I've got exams coming up in the next few weeks so I might be offline for sometime.

Glad to have you back, Kenny! No, you are always needed, 私達は あなたが 大好き なんです から! I have quite few things I wanna ask... but since you said you were busy 7f5341cc.gif... I really didn't want to disturb you 014.gif.

I hope you for the best luck in the upcoming exam cd08785a.gif! Gambatte ne, Kenny yociexpress01.gif!

• Upvote 1

Hiragana: Lesson 21 - 'な' [na]

100px-Japanese_Hiragana_kyokashotai_NA.png

Kaoko: Hello once again, everyone! I hope you are all are in the best of healths and are in high spirits for today’s lesson. Uh... we have a guest fr today’s lesson... well, you know... she is quite, ehem... famous... her head... is, wanted... for over... 16,000,000... umm...

2ikfoqs.jpg

Nami: ...I didn’t come here to be targetted... where’s the money?

Kaoko: Ehh! But we haven’t started yet! And you didn’t even do anything!

Nami: Sheesh... so, what would you like me to do *rude tone*?

Kaoko: It was a mistake I chose you for today's lesson... 7f5341cc.gif

Nami: Seriously, why did you call a pirate over to be a help guy to some ridiculous lesson?

Kaoko: Meanie! You can go home now for all I care. I won’t give you anything because you didn’t help :o.

Nami: Eeehhh! After all the way. ごめん, ごめん! ほんとうに ごめなさい (sorry, sorry! I am really sorry)! What would you like me to do, Kaoko-oneesama~

Kaoko: Huh (変わった)? Ah, well... you see, we are having hiragana ‘な’. And want a bried explanation.

Nami: (I didn’t know that it was just this) Very well, な, in hiragana, or ナ in katakana, is one of the Japanese kana, which each represent one mora. The hiragana is made in four strokes, while the katakana in two. Both represent [na]. な and ナ originate from 奈.

Kaoko: Next is, what’s the first thing that comes to your mind when I tell you to have a word beginning with the character ‘な’.

Nami: Well of course, that would be my name, ‘Nami’. My name refers to the meaning of wave 波/なみ (nami).

Kaoko: Heehh.. Your name suits you to be in the sea.

Nami: Having said so, I have another word.

Kaoko: What is it?

Nami: 涙/なみだ, meaning ‘tear’. I use to cry a lot when I was a kid...

Kaoko: Thanks for your company today. That’s enough talking for today... now, let us move on!

Nami: Well, I’ll have to be going then. Where’s the reward?

Kaoko: You will have to wait till the end of the lesson.

Nami: ...

Pronunciation:

'な' is romanized 'na' and pronounced ‘na’ as in ‘nap’.

Words with 'な':

'な' at the beginning:

1. 仲間/かま (nakama -> companion; fellow; comrade; mate; partner)
  2. 長い/がい (nagai -> long; lenghty)
  3. 波/み (nami -> wave)
  4. 何/に (nani -> interrogative pronoun; what)
  5. ぜ (naze -> interrogative pronoun; why)
  6. 泣く/く (naku -> crying)
  7. 涙/みだ (namida -> tears)
  8. 名前/まえ(namae -> name)

'な' in the middle:

1. 花火/はび (hanabi -> fireworks)
  2. た (anata -> you; formal speech for addressing someone, but common speech for women)
  3. 話す/はす (hanasu -> talking; speaking)
  4. 悲しみ/かしみ (kanashimi -> sadness; sorrow)
  5. 同じ/おじ (onaji -> the same; identical; similar)
  6. うなぎ (unagi -> eel)
  7. ~ない (~nai) -> used for negating verb or adjective
    We can just simply add ~ない at the end of verb/adjective:

1. 食べない/たべない (tabe~nai -> not eating)
    2. 読まない/よまない (yoma~nai -> not reading)
    3. 泣かない/なかない (naka~nai -> not crying)

'な' at the end:

1. 魚/さか (sakana -> fish)
  2. 花/は (hana -> flower)
  3. 粉/こ (kona -> powder)
  4. 女/おん (onna -> woman)
  5. 刀/かた (katana - sword)
  6. 雛/ひ (hina -> chick; young bird)
  7. ‘な’ also used as a suffix at the end of interrogative sentence:
    かな?(ka na?) -> “I wonder...” ('Ka na' implies having mostly made up one's mind)
    Example:

Stroke order:

Hiragana_%E3%81%AA_stroke_order_animation.gif

%E3%81%AA-bw.png

Task: You shall write 'な' 50 - 100 times in your textbook. Memorize the shape, the stroke order, the sound, the pronunciation (echo the sound of the character each time you write it down), etc.

*behind the scene*

Nami: You finished, I was holding my patient the whole time. So if you don’t mind...

Kaoko: Well of course, here!

鳴門/なると (naruto)

f0085217_2339187.jpg

Nami: What’s this?!

Kaoko: Because of today’s lesson ‘な’, your reward will also have to be something that begins with ‘な’. Ah, and I also made this for you~ ;-)

naruto_ramen_01.jpg

*Smokes coming out from Nami’s body, flames were showing on her eyes, her stick she was holding was beginning to melt from the heat*

Kaoko: Na-Nami-san...?

Nami: That’s it! You are gonna pay, you cheeky bitch!

Kaoko: Eh, wha- what? What's wrong? Nami-san? *runs away in fear*

Nami: まって (wait)! くそおんな (you damn woman)!

Meanwhile...

Mmmm~ this is delicious...

more+ramen+for+naruto.jpg

Credits: Thanks to Tna-chan who helped with me with the examples~ :D

テナは 大丈夫かなあ/Tena wa daijoubu ka naa (I wonder if Tena is alright.)
ケンニは がんばってくれかなあ/Kenny wa ganbatte kure ka naa. (I wonder if Kenny is doing his best.)
ケンニは どこかなあ/Kenny wa doko ka naa. (I wonder where's Kenny)
  • Upvote 1

Hiragana: Lesson 21 - 'な' [na]

100px-Japanese_Hiragana_kyokashotai_NA.png

Kaoko: Hello once again, everyone! I hope you are all are in the best of healths and are in high spirits for today’s lesson. Uh... we have a guest fr today’s lesson... well, you know... she is quite, ehem... famous... her head... is, wanted... for over... 16,000,000... umm...

2ikfoqs.jpg

Nami: ...I didn’t come here to be targetted... where’s the money? [right[/right]

Kaoko: Ehh! But we haven’t started yet! And you didn’t even do anything!

Nami: Sheesh... so, what would you like me to do *rude tone*?

Kaoko: It was a mistake I chose you for today... 7f5341cc.gif

Nami: Seriously, why did you call a pirate over to be a help guy to some ridiculous lesson?

Kaoko: Meanie! You can go home now for all I care. I won’t give you anything because you didn’t help.

Nami: Eeehhh! After all the way. ごめん, ごめん! ほんとうに ごめなさい (sorry, sorry! I am really sorry)! What would you like me to do, Kaoko-oneesama~

Kaoko: Huh (変わった)? Ah, well... you see, we are having hiragana ‘な’. And want a bried explanation.

Nami: (I didn’t know that it was just this) Very well, な, in hiragana, or ナ in katakana, is one of the Japanese kana, which each represent one mora. The hiragana is made in four strokes, while the katakana in two. Both represent [na]. な and ナ originate from 奈.

Kaoko: Next is, what’s the first thing that comes to your mind when I tell you to have a word beginning with the character ‘な’.

Nami: Well of course, that would be my name, ‘Nami’. My name refers to the meaning of wave 波/なみ (nami).

Kaoko: Heehh.. Your name suits you to be in the sea.

Nami: Having said so, I have another word.

Kaoko: What is it?

Nami: 涙/なみだ, meaning ‘tear’. I use to cry a lot when I was a kid...

Kaoko: Thanks for your company today. That’s enough talking for today... now, let us move on!

Nami: Well, I’ll have to be going then. Where’s the reward?

Kaoko: You will have to wait till the end of the lesson.

Nami: ...

Pronunciation:

'な' is romanized 'na' and pronounced ‘na’ as in ‘nap’.

Words with 'な':

'な' at the beginning:

1. 仲間/かま (nakama -> companion; fellow; comrade; mate; partner)
  2. 長い/がい (nagai -> long; lenghty)
  3. 波/み (nami -> wave)
  4. 何/に (nani -> interrogative pronoun; what)
  5. ぜ (naze -> interrogative pronoun; why)
  6. 泣く/く (naku -> crying)
  7. 涙/みだ (namida -> tears)
  8. 名前/まえ(namae -> name)

'な' in the middle:

1. 花火/はび (hanabi -> fireworks)
  2. た (anata -> you; formal speech for addressing someone, but common speech for women)
  3. 話す/はす (hanasu -> talking; speaking)
  4. 悲しみ/かしみ (kanashimi -> sadness; sorrow)
  5. 同じ/おじ (onaji -> the same; identical; similar)
  6. うなぎ (unagi -> eel)
  7. ~ない (~nai) -> used for negating verb or adjective
    We can just simply add ~ない at the end of verb/adjective:

1. 食べない/たべない (tabe~nai -> not eating)
    2. 読まない/よまない (yoma~nai -> not reading)
    3. 泣かない/なかない (naka~nai -> not crying)

'な' at the end:

1. 魚/さか (sakana -> fish)
  2. 花/は (hana -> flower)
  3. 粉/こ (kona -> powder)
  4. 女/おん (onna -> woman)
  5. 刀/かた (katana - sword)
  6. 雛/ひ (hina -> chick; young bird)
  7. ‘な’ also used as a suffix at the end of interrogative sentence:
    かな?(ka na?) -> “I wonder...” ('Ka na' implies having mostly made up one's mind)
    Example:

Stroke order:

Hiragana_%E3%81%AA_stroke_order_animation.gif

%E3%81%AA-bw.png

Task: You shall write 'な' 50 - 100 times in your textbook. Memorize the shape, the stroke order, the sound, the pronunciation (echo the sound of the character each time you write it down), etc.

*behind the scene*

Nami: You finished, I was holding my patient the whole time. So if you don’t mind...

Kaoko: Well of course, here!

鳴門/なると (naruto)

f0085217_2339187.jpg

Nami: What’s this?!

Kaoko: Because of today’s lesson ‘な’, your reward will also have to be something that begins with ‘な’. Ah, and I also made this for you~ ;-)

naruto_ramen_01.jpg

*Smokes coming out from Nami’s body, flames were showing on her eyes, her stick she was holding was beginning to melf from the heat*

Kaoko: Na-Nami-san...?

Nami: That’s it! You are gonna pay, you cheeky bitch!

Kaoko: Eh, wha- what? What's wrong? Nami-san? *runs away in fear*

Nami: まって (wait)! くそおんな (you damn woman)!

Meanwhile...

Mmmm~ this is delicious...

more+ramen+for+naruto.jpg

Credits: Thanks to Tna-chan who helped with me with the examples~ :D

Wo...."な" letter...

Naruhodo,,,ehehehe...now,i see how "な" will use...

Demo,kaoko-tantei san...You'll just run away for ramen^^haha..greedy.gif

テナは 大丈夫かなあ/Tena wa daijoubu ka naa (I wonder if Tena is alright.)
ケンニは がんばってくれかなあ/Kenny wa ganbatte kure ka naa. (I wonder if Kenny is doing his best.)
ケンニは どこかなあ/Kenny wa doko ka naa. (I wonder where's Kenny)

How do you say "I see" in Japanese?

It is either....of the two...

Naruhodo...if you have something that solved out...

and "SOU KA" if you have something you agree...

Wo...."な" letter...

Naruhodo,,,ehehehe...now,i see how "な" will use...

Demo,kaoko-tantei san...You'll just run away for ramen^^haha..greedy.gif

Lol! Glad you know now JFBQ00217070524A.gif. And what do you mean I ran away from ramen? I ran away because Nami wanted to kill me ali_115.gif. Ah, and if you don't mind, Conan's girlfriend (sillyp1.gif)... can you remove my quote from your post? I did some mistake in the lesson ali_041.gif... Even though I edit my post of mistakes, my post in your post will remain the same 7f5341cc.gif. And it's taking quite a space D:

You're welcome wink.gif

The storyline you made always witty and nice 088.gif The ramen looks so delicious f529a952.gif

Ah, I am not sure I did a good one just now... the story was kinda lame ali_021.gif. Anyway, glad you like it! (Get to work, Tna df13952b.gif! We are waiting sillyp1.gif!)

I'm agree to it...it was so wonderful...^^e46760b03fc673b38bc5b9bc36a24391.gif037.gif

Thank you! th_102_.gif

This thread is wonderful ^^. I just read a bit of it over and it was very informative and fun <3

Oww, welcome to Japanese Classroom, Kirite ali_072.gif! There's more to it like Cheesus said, so don't be shy to visit often JFBQ00184070402A.gif! I was planning to create a thread like this (or post the lessons) there in DCTP, but I saw there was a thread for 'Ask anything about Japanese here'... so... since there was already a thread about it 016.gif...

How do you say "I see" in Japanese?

Like Conan's girlfriend said sillyp1.gif,

It's 成程【なるほど/naruhodo】- 'I see', it can also be translated to -> That's right!; indeed.

Conan often says them (it is said a lot anyway), or more often (when he hit the bullseye), this one -> そうか, そ 言う 事 か!/sou ka, so iu koto ka! (I see, so that's how it is!)

Example:

Tna: カオコ! きのうは, チイススは ヤクザに 殺された/Kaoko! Kinou wa, Cheesus wa yakuza ni korosareta! (Kaoko! Yesterday, Cheesus was killed by the yakuza!)

Kaoko: なるほど/naruhodo (I see). miss-bone-93.gif

You can also use;

• そう です か/sou desu ka (polite)
  • そう か/sou ka (plain)
  • わかりました/wakarimashita (polite)
  • わかった/wakatta (plain)

"sou desu ka" is similar to "naruhodo", but this is used when you received an answer of your question and to show it to the listener. If you were silence even when the listener answered you, he/she may confirm if you heard of that or not.

Maurice (at a convenience store, after looking for ice cream): すみません, アイスクリイヌが 見つからないん です けど.../sumimasen, aisukuriimu ga mitsukaranai n desu kedo... (Excuse me, I can't find ice cream...)

Parkur: ぜんぶ 売り切れました よ./zenbu urikiremashita yo. (All of ice cream were sold out.)

Maurice: え, ぜんぶ?/e, zenbu? (What, all?)

Parkur: はい, 今日は 暑い です から/hai, kyou wa atsui desu kara. (Yes, because it's hot today.)

Maurice: そう です か, 判りました./sou desu ka, wakarimashita. (I see, it's okay.)

As you can see in above, "wakarimashita" is often used together with "naruhodo" and "sou desu ka". The literal meaning is "I understood", and when it's with "naruhodo", it indicates that you understood the meaning of something or got information that you were looking for. So, you may say "naruhodo" because you got the reason why all of ice cream were sold out. But when you were quite disappointed, perhaps you will not get interested in the reason.

Hope this all helps!

<3 nami

-_-

• Upvote 1

Lol! Glad you know now JFBQ00217070524A.gif. And what do you mean I ran away from ramen? I ran away because Nami wanted to kill me ali_115.gif. Ah, and if you don't mind, Conan's girlfriend (sillyp1.gif)... can you remove my quote from your post? I did some mistake in the lesson ali_041.gif... Even though I edit my post of mistakes, my post in your post will remain the same 7f5341cc.gif. And it's taking quite a space D:

Ah, I am not sure I did a good one just now... the story was kinda lame ali_021.gif. Anyway, glad you like it! (Get to work, Tna df13952b.gif! We are waiting sillyp1.gif!)

Thank you! th_102_.gif

Oww, welcome to Japanese Classroom, Kirite ali_072.gif! There's more to it like Cheesus said, so don't be shy to visit often JFBQ00184070402A.gif! I was planning to create a thread like this (or post the lessons) there in DCTP, but I saw there was a thread for 'Ask anything about Japanese here'... so... since there was already a thread about it 016.gif...

Like Conan's girlfriend said sillyp1.gif,

It's 成程【なるほど/naruhodo】- 'I see', it can also be translated to -> That's right!; indeed.

Conan often says them (it is said a lot anyway), or more often (when he hit the bullseye), this one -> そうか, そ 言う 事 か!/sou ka, so iu koto ka! (I see, so that's how it is!)

Example:

Tna: カオコ! きのうは, チイススは ヤクザに 殺された/Kaoko! Kinou wa, Cheesus wa yakuza ni korosareta! (Kaoko! Yesterday, Cheesus was killed by the yakuza!)

Kaoko: なるほど/naruhodo (I see). miss-bone-93.gif

You can also use;

• そう です か/sou desu ka (polite)
  • そう か/sou ka (plain)
  • わかりました/wakarimashita (polite)
  • わかった/wakatta (plain)

"sou desu ka" is similar to "naruhodo", but this is used when you received an answer of your question and to show it to the listener. If you were silence even when the listener answered you, he/she may confirm if you heard of that or not.

Maurice (at a convenience store, after looking for ice cream): すみません, アイスクリイヌが 見つからないん です けど.../sumimasen, aisukuriimu ga mitsukaranai n desu kedo... (Excuse me, I can't find ice cream...)

Parkur: ぜんぶ 売り切れました よ./zenbu urikiremashita yo. (All of ice cream were sold out.)

Maurice: え, ぜんぶ?/e, zenbu? (What, all?)

Parkur: はい, 今日は 暑い です から/hai, kyou wa atsui desu kara. (Yes, because it's hot today.)

Maurice: そう です か, 判りました./sou desu ka, wakarimashita. (I see, it's okay.)

As you can see in above, "wakarimashita" is often used together with "naruhodo" and "sou desu ka". The literal meaning is "I understood", and when it's with "naruhodo", it indicates that you understood the meaning of something or got information that you were looking for. So, you may say "naruhodo" because you got the reason why all of ice cream were sold out. But when you were quite disappointed, perhaps you will not get interested in the reason.

Hope this all helps!

-_-

-------------hehe...i do..^^oh ok i will....---------------------------------

Pheww...I thought i was wrong..but though it was right...I'm glad i help too..ye.gife46760b03fc673b38bc5b9bc36a24391.gif

Thank you! th_102_.gif

I'm done with mine th_084_.gif ! Now, your turn Kaoko, get to work! df13952b.gifAhahaha... We're waiting for your lame witty storyline for sure miss-bone-25.gif

Sorry, but there's no witty story this time~ <3

Hiragana: Lesson 22 - 'に' [ni]

100px-Japanese_Hiragana_kyokashotai_NI.png

に, in hiragana, or ニ in katakana, is one of the Japanese kana, which each represent one mora. The hiragana is written in three strokes, while the katakana in two.

Pronunciation:

'に' is romanized 'ni' and pronounced ‘nea’ as in ‘neat’.

Words with 'に':

Word beginning with 'に':

1. 日本語/ほんご (nihongo -> Japanese Language)
  2. 苦い/がい (nigai -> bitter)
  3. 肉/く (niku -> meat)
  4. 逃げる/げる (nigeru -> to run away; to escape)
  5. んじん (ninjin -> carrot)
  6. 庭/わ (niwa -> garden)
  7. 日記/っき (nikki -> diary)
  8. 西/し -> (nishi -> west)
  9. 二/ -> (ni -> two)
  10. 任務/んむ -> (ninmu -> mission; task; duty)

'に' in the middle:

1. ぎり (onigiri -> rice ball)
  2. あいく (oiniku -> Unfortunately)
  3. 通行人/つこうん (tsukounin -> pedestrian; passer by)
  4. 確認/かくん (kakunin -> confirmation; affirmation)
  5. 犯人/はんん (hannin -> culprit; criminal; offender)
  6. 間に合う/まあう (maniau -> be in time)

'に' at the end:

1. (ani -> big brother (sibling))
  2. 国/く (kuni -> country)
  3. 谷/た (tani -> valley)
  4. 蟹/か (kani -> crab)
  5. 確か/たしか -> (tashikani -> certainly; undoubtedly)
  6. それ (soreni -> besides; moreover)
  7. たま (tamani -> once in a while; sometimes; infrequently)
  8. /とく (tokuni -> particularly)
  9. お大事/おだいじ (odaijini -> get well; all the best; God bless you)
  10. 実際/じっさい (jissai ni -> actually)

“に” as Particle:

1. Location
    私は学校いる / わたしはがっこおいる (Watashi wa gakkoo ni iru -> I’m at school)
  2. Direction
    今夜はお母さんとデパートいくよ / こんやはおかあさんとでぱあといくよ (Kon’ya wa okaasan to depaato ni iku yo -> Tonight, I’ll go to the department store with my mom)
  3. Indirect Object
    彼女返してください。。/ かのじょかえしてください。。 (Kanojo ni kaeshite kudasai... -> Give it back to her, please...)
  4. Passive Agent
    あの焼肉は姉食べられた。/ あのやきくはいもおとにたべられた。(Ano yakiniku wa imooto ni taberareta. -> That grilled meat was eaten by my little sister.)
  5. Noun, Verbs, Purpose, Intent
    映画を見行く。/ えいがをみいく。(Eiga wo mi ni iku -> I’m going to see a movie)

Stroke order:

The hiragana に is made with three strokes:

1. A vertical stroke from top to bottom.
  2. A short, horizontal stroke to the upper right of the first stroke, going from left to right.
  3. Another short, horizontal stroke at the bottom right of the first stroke, going from left to right.

%E3%81%AB-bw.png

Hiragana_%E3%81%AB_stroke_order_animation.gif

YO-ON

As you may still remember from 3 previous lessons (Hiragana: Lesson 7, lesson 12, and lesson 17), In the Japanese language there are also contracted words called 拗音 (yo-on). They are made up of two letters written together. A hiragana ending with ‘i’ such as ki (き), shi (し), etc... followed by a small ya (ゃ), yu (ゅ) or yo (ょ).

The yoon’s for 'ni' are:

1. にゃ/nya Ex. にゃあ (nyaa -> cat mewing)
  2. にゅ/nyu Ex. 牛乳/ぎゅうにゅう (gyuunyuu -> milk)
  3. にょ/nyo Ex. 女官/にょかん (nyokan -> court lady)

Task: You shall write 'に' 50 - 100 times in your textbook. Don’t just write with your head blank, memorize the shape, the stroke order, the sound, the pronunciation (echo the sound of the character each time you write it down), etc.

And after you finish with that, write 'な' and 'に' one after another, repetitively (な, に, な, に, な, に, etc.) 50 times (100 if you have time).

Facts of today~

NINJA!

Ninja were people provided with special techniques in the art of war, and flourished in the Sengoku era (1467-1568). They are also known as shadow warriors. The Ninja were very spiritual people, and their beliefs became an essential part of Ninjutsu (the art of stealth).

Ninja could sneak into enemy territories and spy on the enemy's war tactics. They sometimes assassinated enemy leaders. Some of the Ninja techniques are walking on and submerging into water, scaling walls, walking without sound and disappearing suddenly without any trace.

tumblr_lfcdz2IIzW1qfx3in.jpg

Gintoki_ninja.jpg

Credits: Thanks to Tna again for helping with the examples! :-D

pronunciation assistance again:

the "i" in "nick" is a soft i... as there isn't really a soft "i" in Japanese, I think you mean something more along the lines of a hard "e", like "neat"

also, it's less than optimal to make an example of the word "ninja", since most English speakers probably also pronounce it with a soft "i"

pronunciation assistance again:

the "i" in "nick" is a soft i... as there isn't really a soft "i" in Japanese, I think you mean something more along the lines of a hard "e", like "neat"

also, it's less than optimal to make an example of the word "ninja", since most English speakers probably also pronounce it with a soft "i"

Owww, thanks!I was confused for what I should put... so I just put anything random that came to my mind. Thanks again for your assistance ^_^;! I edited it and put the word you suggested.

can i join?

when you start the class?

Of course you can! Anyone who is determined in studying Japanese are welcome ^_^;;.

The class is always open, members may ask questions, participate in Japanese conversations, etc. And there'd always have lessons that pops up once in awhile. We are currently learning Hiragana... you may want to start from the first lesson -> http://japanese-ken.blogspot.com/2011/01/hiragana-lesson-1_02.html