Detective Conan World

I've been thinking of doing something similar for the podcast, but there's still a lot, and I mean a LOT, of hurdles that need to be crossed before that will ever come to fruition.

Maybe air the podcast live and have people answer question in a chatroom while y'all talk? you can narrate how the contest goes and everything. Or maybe have about 3 guest on the podcast as contestants every episode.

Maybe air the podcast live and have people answer question in a chatroom while y'all talk? you can narrate how the contest goes and everything. Or maybe have about 3 guest on the podcast as contestants every episode.

I was indeed thinking something along the lines of a live podcast, but I don't think I could handle doing a live one as of right now. Don't know what skye and Southpaw think. Also, I don't know exactly how a live podcast would be done. And, of course, considering there are listeners all around the world, picking a time that's right for everyone would be impossible. Most people download the podcast and listen to it at their own time.

I was indeed thinking something along the lines of a live podcast, but I don't think I could handle doing a live one as of right now. Don't know what skye and Southpaw think. Also, I don't know exactly how a live podcast would be done. And, of course, considering there are listeners all around the world, picking a time that's right for everyone would be impossible. Most people download the podcast and listen to it at their own time.

aside from the issues we've had when there were more than three of us in skype, I wouldn't be opposed... timing is a big issue, though... but before we can think about this, I think it would be wise to have a more accessible chat room

i agree...

but in terms of cheating...

as members of DCW, which has the motto "One Truth Prevails"...

>>what's the use of cheating if your a member of DCW w/c stands for the truth... ^_^

(WOW! :P)

If you cheat you will force to win, but if you mind questions again and what is your answer? The answer is you don't know to remind because your cheating.

I think the only way a DC quiz will work without a live podcast is if the host announces the date and time of the quiz first, and then when the time comes, 50 questions or so will be posted. The only way contestants can submit their answers is by PMing the host. There should also be a deadline, like one day after the quiz is posted for example. Then when the host tallies up the scores, the contestant with the most correct answers will win, but in an event of a tie, the contestant who submitted their answers first will be deemed the champion.

Some questions can be as straightforward as what is Inspector Megure's given name? while other questions like what manga file showcased that it was Agasa's birthday? would require much more thinking or researching. That way, the quiz can be more challenging and can even act as a scavenger hunt since contestants are essentially exploring the DCW wiki or other DC resources. So cheating by looking at the wiki doesn't even matter anymore. Cheating by sharing answers is a whole different story, though a stupid one at that (what's the point of sharing answers if there's only one winner?)

Just throwing the idea out there for bored DC fans like myself. I personally think it would be fun.

• Upvote 1

I think the only way a DC quiz will work without a live podcast is if the host announces the date and time of the quiz first, and then when the time comes, 50 questions or so will be posted. The only way contestants can submit their answers is by PMing the host. There should also be a deadline, like one day after the quiz is posted for example. Then when the host tallies up the scores, the contestant with the most correct answers will win, but in an event of a tie, the contestant who submitted their answers first will be deemed the champion.

Some questions can be as straightforward as what is Inspector Megure's given name? while other questions like what manga file showcased that it was Agasa's birthday? would require much more thinking or researching. That way, the quiz can be more challenging and can even act as a scavenger hunt since contestants are essentially exploring the DCW wiki or other DC resources. So cheating by looking at the wiki doesn't even matter anymore. Cheating by sharing answers is a whole different story, though a stupid one at that (what's the point of sharing answers if there's only one winner?)

Just throwing the idea out there for bored DC fans like myself. I personally think it would be fun.

great idea then all dc fans online will be able to share answers as well as learn new things

great idea then all dc fans online will be able to share answers as well as learn new things

Exactly! But the only problem is: who will be willing to be the host?

totally agree......but yeah, now that I only got a limited time I don't know if I could get a right timing. :unsure: Don't worry someday you could think of solutions for that problem and as for me I will always be here to continue supporting DCW. ^_^

Exactly! But the only problem is: who will be willing to be the host?

anybody can post any question they like, another member will state down the answers, the person that set the question will tell the correct answer