Detective Conan World
Black Demon

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 954-957: A song named ASACA

I've been thinking; 

Could it be that what Shuuichi meant by saying: "Traitors..should be punished", that Scotch is in fact a triple agent. A BO agent who infiltrated the PSB in order to infiltrate the BO again in order to know if anyone spies on them.. Knowing that the boss is that extremely careful person, highlights this theory as possible..what do you think on Shuu's words..?

Why would the Boss choose someone so clumsy to be the second in command of such a secretive agency?

To anyone saying this—I think it's far too early to make such a judgment. You can't just point out a single mistake that happens to be the story focus right now and essentially say, "Rum sucks! Here comes another disappointing arc!"

What I find interesting is that Rum actually went and killed somebody (even tho it was 17 years ago). As being number 2 I would expect him not to take care of field work and instead use somebody else for it. It must've been either personal or maybe Rum wasn't number 2 yet.

I've been thinking so that scotch was actually a BO agent who infiltrated PSB in order to infiltrate the BO again to find people who infiltrated BO. But if he is, I think Anokata wouldn't order someone to kill him.

Also thank you Gosho for making Shuuichi's butt spacious enough to write a whole paragraph on.

Haha yeah right xD  (try selecting the text for those who can't see it)

Btw I am convinced this is like what happened between Ethan Hondo[Edited and fixed] and his daughter going by what you pointed out, and I doubt he was a BO member who infiltrated the Japanese secret police.

However, I don't understand one thing, if he did kill himself, he must have known Akai is FBI right? Then why didn't he tell Akai about Bourbon also being in the secret police?

Btw Chek you reminded me of the BO case with the computer guy using "invisible" text :D

Well, the other arc disappointed me just as well. I was afraid of what would eventually happen in the Bourbon arc when Amuro was introduced.

You and anyone who might've known about the Gundam stuff and thought that Subaru was Shuichi and Masumi was his sister.

I WILL NOT take back my statement.

I get why, but jumping the gun is jumping the gun. You're judging Rum before the character has probably even appeared because of one botch Rum made when he had two decades less experience, and we don't even know if Rum was No. 2 back then (not saying that's good/bad—it simply is what you're doing).

Btw I am convinced this is like what happened between Ethan Hunter(my username  :P) and his daughter going by what you pointed out, and I doubt he was a BO member who infiltrated the Japanese secret police.

That's Ethan Hondo.

955 text spoiler courtesy of Spimer:

File 955: The whereabouts of betrayal

The group sees Rokumichi's body hanging over the stage and rush over there but Azusa stops Ran from going in
Azusa: "Don't, Angel. You mustn't come in."
Both Ran and Sonoko are puzzled at how Azusa called Ran "angel". 
Azusa says that they leave the case in the hands of the men
Amuro = Bourbon, Conan = Shinichi, Okiya... Who is it? (NOTE: not sure if it's Vermouth's thoughts or a comment by the spoilers' author) 

Amuro says that since the corpse is hanged at a height higher than an adult man's stature: only multiple culprits or someone with tremendous superhuman strength. When he asks for Okiya's opinion he merely replies that despite that he likes misteries he is but a college student.

There's a hole that looks like something was screwed: the rope that's hanging the corpse passes through the ceiling and extends until some of the audience seats. 

Amuro finds, in the stage wings, a folding chair, a bunch of rope and a toolbox left there. Conan checks the platform leading to the stage and finds a kite string. He follows it and finds a baseball tied to one of the audience seats deeper inside the hall. 

Megure & co. come to the scene and gather up witnesses from the staff: the manager and the president have a blank time (but there's a difference in how much blank time each one has). The president then complains that if the police finds him suspicious then they better suspect that man as well, and he signals the unscrupulous reporter.

Megure mutters that it seems unlikely for any of the suspects to band together: Conan then asks the suspects if any of them has baseball experience. None of them have: Rokumichi (the victim) had, though. The manager suggests that the baseball Conan has found might be a commemoration of Rokumichi's high school graduation. The unscrupulous reporter says the manager is Rokumichi's ex-girlfriend and the president adds that they had an illicit love: they blur out something unnecessary.

(Conan?) asks where's Rokumichi's cell-phone. He normally carried it on the chest pocket: but when Amuro hears that he recalls a traumatic experience.

When Akai shot Scotch his bullet pierced through the cell-phone Scotch carried on the chest pocket.
Akai (flashback): "So now I can't figure out this guy's identity... I feel like I killed a ghost: it feels creepy, even."
Amuro recalls Akai saying that before leaving...

Takagi is calling out to Amuro so he snaps out of that: Takagi reports that Rokumichi didn't have the cell-phone on the chest pocket but a scrap of paper saying "I'm sorry". He then asks (to the manager?) that they cooperate in the handwriting analysis. 

Conan then asks Ran what's Azusa's surname and she answers "Enomoto". When they glance at Azusa behing them she seems momentarily frightened: she looks like she was imitating the tone of voice. 
Conan (thinking): "This woman... She knows my real identity and knows that her identity has been exposed..."
In the meanwhile Ran is trying to recall when and where she was called "Angel".

Vermouth came here in a sudden manner so Bourbon didn't have time to tell her details about Azusa beforehand. She was concerned about whether Bourbon would inflict harm to either Conan or Ran. She then asks Bourbon about Okiya: Boubon replies that he's a graduate student and Professor Agasa's neighbor: Bourbon then glances at Okiya and realizes about his left-handness. 
Amuro: "The man I hate so much and that I want to kill... Happens to be left-handed as well..."

Side-note: Amuro is suspicious of Okiya? Will Okiya/Akai be able to fend him off?

• Upvote 1

You and anyone who might've known about the Gundam stuff and thought that Subaru was Shuichi and Masumi was his sister.

I get why, but jumping the gun is jumping the gun. You're judging Rum before the character has probably even appeared because of one botch Rum made when he had two decades less experience, and we don't even know if Rum was No. 2 back then (not saying that's good/bad—it simply is what you're doing).

Yes, I DID know that. I just thought Gosho was beyond doing that. Doesn't matter at this point, I still hate it.

I FIGURED he wasn't the N2 by that point. It's inconstant that at least ONE of the more astute ones couldn't deduce the Mascara clue given the Boss' cautious and have Rum dealt with. This manga has faltered severely in my opinion with the Bourbon arc and I have a right to jump the gun if I please. I simply don't care for it any more.

It's inconstant that at least ONE of the more astute ones couldn't deduce the Mascara clue given the Boss' cautious and have Rum dealt with.

The difference between Rum messing up and Pisco messing up was that the latter, Kenzo Masuyama, had left both proof he committed murder AND proof of his identity (with that photo taken of him pointed his silence handgun at the ceiling). That's why Gin was ordered to eliminate him, because there was NO WAY OUT for him.

Rum only left proof that he committed the murder—no one ever found Asaka or traced him. Since the murders of Koji Haneda and Amanda Hughes are still cold cases, seventeen years later, there clearly WAS a way out.

Plus, Gosho said that there was a red herring in Volume 18. Clearly, he was referring to the APTX list, and considering the direction the manga is taking, Koji Haneda might be the red herring. Thus, I don't think Shinichi/Conan and Shuichi/Subaru can use this seventeen-year-old murder ALONE to figure out Rum's identity.

Now, as for Rum's BO standing, seventeen years ago, I'd say, at the very least, he was at the level of Rikumichi Kusuda. At most, he was at the level of Hidemi/Rena/Kir or Rei/Tooru/Bourbon.

The group sees Rokumichi's body hanging over the stage and rush over there but Azusa stops Ran from going in

Azusa: "Don't, Angel. You mustn't come in."
Both Ran and Sonoko are puzzled at how Azusa called Ran "angel". 
Azusa says that they leave the case in the hands of the men
Amuro = Bourbon, Conan = Shinichi, Okiya... Who is it? (NOTE: not sure if it's Vermouth's thoughts or a comment by the spoilers' author)

Conan then asks Ran what's Azusa's surname and she answers "Enomoto". When they glance at Azusa behing them she seems momentarily frightened: she looks like she was imitating the tone of voice. 
Conan (thinking): "This woman... She knows my real identity and knows that her identity has been exposed..."
In the meanwhile Ran is trying to recall when and where she was called "Angel".

Vermouth came here in a sudden manner so Bourbon didn't have time to tell her details about Azusa beforehand. She was concerned about whether Bourbon would inflict harm to either Conan or Ran. She then asks Bourbon about Okiya: Boubon replies that he's a graduate student and Professor Agasa's neighbor:

When 954 came out, and it was said that Shinichi/Conan thought Azusa was Vermouth, I thought that either Gosho was trying to trick us, or he was straight-up telling us who Vermouth had disguised as. Clearly, now, it's the latter.

Those must be Vermouth's thoughts—she knows who Conan Edogawa and Tooru Amuro are, but she's never met Subaru Okiya. Of course she'd wonder who he is.

She assumes he's capable of hurting them, in spite of not doing so once since he's been in such close proximity to them since File 793? Protective, much?   ;)

Amuro says that since the corpse is hanged at a height higher than an adult man's stature: only multiple culprits or someone with tremendous superhuman strength. When he asks for Okiya's opinion he merely replies that despite that he likes misteries he is but a college student.

Bourbon then glances at Okiya and realizes about his left-handness. 

Amuro: "The man I hate so much and that I want to kill... Happens to be left-handed as well..."

Side-note: Amuro is suspicious of Okiya? Will Okiya/Akai be able to fend him off?

Cue Rei/Tooru having the dotted eyes again.   :D

We'll see what Shuichi/Subaru lets slip in 956, cause I think he's gonna let something slip.

(Conan?) asks where's Rokumichi's cell-phone. He normally carried it on the chest pocket: but when Amuro hears that he recalls a traumatic experience.

When Akai shot Scotch his bullet pierced through the cell-phone Scotch carried on the chest pocket.
Akai  (flashback): "So now I can't figure out this guy's identity... I feel like I killed a ghost: it feels creepy, even."
Amuro recalls Akai saying that before leaving...

Whether Scotch pulled the trigger on Shuichi's/Dai's gun for him, or merely gave him the will to do so by reassuring him, it was ensured that the cell phone would be destroyed, leading to Vermouth's comment in 898 about the BO not knowing Scotch's name.

Perhaps the most interesting bit of the file for me is that...

Vermouth slips and calls Ran "Angel" - and she's trying to remember where that came from... If this amounts to anything I'll be surprised, but I can't see it being introduced for no reason. Well, I don't see it actually becoming a "clue" for her for quite some time. 

Vermouth disguising as Azusa is a bit puzzling (the one thing I really don't understand), and she's all over the place this file.

Bourbon suspecting Okiya because he is left handed... well I suppose it was bound to happen with the next confrontation after Scarlet (this time with the actual Akai) - I know Yusaku is right-handed, but can't really remember if his handedness was clear to Bourbon in Scarlet. I suppose if it was then it's a valid reason for Bourbon to suspect him. I might have to revisit those chapters...

I'm a bit curious as to what will come out of this case. It's fun so far, so I'm not really too disappointed with it. The pacing since the start of the year has been quite good, even if it's all a bit "convenient", especially since 948.

I won't be too surprised if Akai slips up in the next chapter, but it'd probably be a bit soon for that to happen. Something in the Secret Talk after reading File 956 then see the movie, or reading 957 after watching the movie? Kind of baseless, but maybe there'll be some more Akai/Bourbon stuff since the movie seems to be focused on those two...

• Upvote 1

Bourbon suspecting Okiya because he is left handed... well I suppose it was bound to happen with the next confrontation after Scarlet (this time with the actual Akai) - I know Yusaku is right-handed, but can't really remember if his handedness was clear to Bourbon in Scarlet. I suppose if it was then it's a valid reason for Bourbon to suspect him. I might have to revisit those chapters...

Yusaku took off his face mask with his right hand during Scarlet, which wasn't some little move, but Bourbon intensely staring at him, so it's valid for Bourbon to notice him using his left hand now.

What's puzzling to me is that during the Silent Clash and Yusaku Kudo's Cold case, Subaru purposely used his right hand (smartphone, tooth brush, picking up a photo) when around Scar Akai and Masumi respectively, but he doesn't do it here, when Bourbon is around? Maybe it was a situation where he didn't know that Bourbon was watching him, we'll have to see when the chapter is out.

• Upvote 1

Yusaku took off his face mask with his right hand during Scarlet, which wasn't some little move, but Bourbon intensely staring at him, so it's valid for Bourbon to notice him using his left hand now.

What's puzzling to me is that during the Silent Clash and Yusaku Kudo's Cold case, Subaru purposely used his right hand (smartphone, tooth brush, picking up a photo) when around Scar Akai and Masumi respectively, but he doesn't do it here, when Bourbon is around? Maybe it was a situation where he didn't know that Bourbon was watching him, we'll have to see when the chapter is out.

Ahh that is odd... and thanks for saving me the time of re-reading Scarlet  :P

Perhaps the most interesting bit of the file for me is that...

Vermouth slips and calls Ran "Angel" - and she's trying to remember where that came from... If this amounts to anything I'll be surprised, but I can't see it being introduced for no reason. Well, I don't see it actually becoming a "clue" for her for quite some time. 

Vermouth disguising as Azusa is a bit puzzling (the one thing I really don't understand), and she's all over the place this file.

Vermouth is being over-protective, given how unlikely it is that Rei/Tooru would even think of harming Shinichi/Conan and Ran. Shinichi/Conan has been pretty careless about this, himself, recently.

Check out the Scarlet Showdown discussions on DCW Forums and DCTP—people probably posted pictures, pointing out which hand Yusaku/Subaru was using, especially in File 895 and File 896.

I'm a bit curious as to what will come out of this case. It's fun so far, so I'm not really too disappointed with it. The pacing since the start of the year has been quite good, even if it's all a bit "convenient", especially since 948.

In DC, something big happens every 50 files or so.

File 1 – Introduction

File 50 – Conan Kidnapped by BO?! (Parents are introduced)

File 92 (I'd say this is close enough to 100) – Heiji is introduced

File 156 (I'd say this is close enough to 150) – Kaito/Kaitou Kid is introduced

File 204 (I'd say this is close enough to 200) – Shinichi flashback case

File 251 (I'd say this is close enough to 250) – Start of the 10-File/3-Case-long Desperate Revival

File 300 – Gathering of Detectives and Kaito/Kaitou Kid

File 350 – Golden Apple/New York Case Flashback

File 400 – Shiho's/Ai's family; Just after Heiji Case (Desperate Situation/Red Horse), just before Vermouth arc climax began being built up to

File 450 – Takagi's Last Case; Just after Heiji Case (Heiji Vs. Kazuha/Koshien Ballpark), just before Kaitou Kid's Miraculous Mid-Air Walk

File 500 – Black Impact

File 550 – Young Witness/Giant Hammer, immediately followed by Mysterious Job

File 600 – Clash of Red and Black (Kir Transport, specifically)

File 650 – Murderer, Shinichi Kudo

File 700 – Red Shirts Bombing

File 750 – Holmes' Revelation

File 800 – Detectives' Nocturne

File 850 – Cherry Blossom Pickpocket

File 900 – Yumi's Kidnapping; Immediately preceded by Scarlet Showdown

File 950 – Koji Haneda's Dying Message

I won't be too surprised if Akai slips up in the next chapter, but it'd probably be a bit soon for that to happen. Something in the Secret Talk after reading File 956 then see the movie, or reading 957 after watching the movie? Kind of baseless, but maybe there'll be some more Akai/Bourbon stuff since the movie seems to be focused on those two...

Movie 20 Spoilers:

Kir and Bourbon... apparently, it's ambiguous as to whether they're exposed or not.

I do wonder how the manga is going to influence the movie. It is just under two weeks before it's release, after all—we don't have all the details yet. We're lucky to have any, because I don't think Movie 19 or any other DC movie before it had spoilers come out, this early.

What's puzzling to me is that during the Silent Clash... Subaru purposely used his right hand when around Scar Akai...

But Bourbon/Scar Akai never saw Shuichi/Subaru, right? There was that one moment on the last page of File 702 where Bourbon/Scar Akai thought someone was watching him, but Shuichi/Subaru moved before he was seen.

Wouldn't Rei/Tooru/Bourbon have only found Subaru Okiya just before Scarlet Showdown? By that, I mean he didn't know about him, beforehand.

EDIT:

Spoiler Pics are out:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4456754120

Some translations from presumenothing

#955 p3: Vermouth "Don't, Angel... you musn't go in..." "You and this stage stained with fresh blood don't go well together..."

#955 p3: Vermouth (thinking) "The one whose insights are second to none in the Organisation..." "Bourbon, and..." "The high school detective who became a child after taking a drug..." "Kudo Shinichi..." "And one more person..." "Who is he?"

#955 p4: Amuro "You think so too, don't you? Okiya-san..." "Back when I met you, I witnessed your impressive deduction ability..." Okiya "Not at all..." "I'm just an ordinary graduate student who likes solving puzzles..."

#955 p12: Akai "Even if you hear a heartbeat, it's no use... he's already dead..." "I used this gun.." "To pierce his heart..." Amuro "Rye... you bastard..." Akai "Didn't you hear?" "This guy was a dog from Japan's PSB..." (word used here was 公安) "Unfortunately..." "The handphone this guy carried in his chest pocket was pierced through as well..."

#955 p14: Conan (thinking) "Vermouth..." "She clearly knows that I've already realised that she's in disguise, but she's still so unperturbed..." "She's expecting that I won't reveal it, to avoid getting Ran and the others involved in this..."

#955 p15: Amuro "If you'd told me beforehand, I would've been able give you more details, why were you in such a hurry to disguise as Azusa-san and come here?" "To investigate the content of those unreleased lyrics, I alone would be enough..." Vermouth "I heard that you were coming here with them, and I felt very uneasy about it..." "I didn't know if you would keep our promise..." Amuro "Ah... about not harming those two no matter what happens?"

#955 p15: Vermouth "By the way..." "Who on earth..." "Is he?" Amuro "His name is Okiya Subaru, he's a graduate student at Tohto University..." "He's staying next to the house of a professor named Agasa..."

#955 p16: Amuro "So you're left-handed?" Okiya "I guess so..." "Is that a problem?" Amuro "Not at all..." "Back when we met, you took off your mask with your right hand..." "So I thought you were right-handed..." Okiya "Is that so?" Amuro "Please don't mind me..."

#955 p3: Vermouth "Don't, Angel..." "You and this stage stained with fresh blood don't go well together..."

#955 p3: Vermouth (thinking) "The one whose insights are second to none in the Organization, Bourbon..."

#955 p4: Okiya "I'm just an ordinary graduate student who likes solving puzzles..."

#955 p14: Conan (thinking) "Vermouth..." "She clearly knows that I've already realized that she's in disguise, but she's still so unperturbed..."

#955 p15: Vermouth "I didn't know if you would keep our promise..." Amuro "Ah... about not harming those two no matter what happens?"

Wow, not just saying, "Angel," but referencing Golden Apple...

And she knows Gin pretty well, I assume, so to say Rei's/Tooru's insights are better than his...

There's a reference to File 809/Episode 684 (Froth, Steam and Smoke).

Then her slip doesn't appear to be a priority, in her eyes, for whatever reason.

Well, that's official confirmation.

It is just under two weeks before it's release, after all—we don't have all the details yet. We're lucky to have any, because I don't think Movie 19 or any other DC movie before it had spoilers come out, this early.

The previous two had about the same amount of spoilers, its just that the spoilers weren't collected as well as they were this year. If you take into account that a majority of the Postcards and Animal Crossing hints, Super Digest Books, and Interviews weren't really collected all in one spot and properly translated until a round the beginning and middle of last year it makes a bit more sense. 

plus this year is an anniversary and a BO movie, so there is far more promotion and merch and things to splash a poster on, as well as voice actors appearing on talk shows, it does certainly seem like there is more. 

As for the extreme details on the DCTP forums, those were probably due to there being a special early screening of the movie, which Gosho mentioned in the AC hints, which also happened last year, but did not have a separate thread (as far as I remember).

The previous two had about the same amount of spoilers, its just that the spoilers weren't collected as well as they were this year. If you take into account that a majority of the Postcards and Animal Crossing hints, Super Digest Books, and Interviews weren't really collected all in one spot and properly translated until a round the beginning and middle of last year it makes a bit more sense. 

plus this year is an anniversary and a BO movie, so there is far more promotion and merch and things to splash a poster on, as well as voice actors appearing on talk shows, it does certainly seem like there is more. 

As for the extreme details on the DCTP forums, those were probably due to there being a special early screening of the movie, which Gosho mentioned in the AC hints, which also happened last year, but did not have a separate thread (as far as I remember).

Ah, so that's the explanation.

Thanks for letting me know! 

Hopefully, I'll remember this, and not ask next year, why Movie 21 (may) not have such early spoilers and (may) have less info, in general.  ^_^

Since Vermouth said, "The one whose insights are second to none in the organisation, Bourbon", then Rum's specialty isn't insight or thinking like a detective? Then, Rum must have a specific skill set that is above even Vermouth's disguise-ability? Can such a thing even exist? Some combat skills? 

Also, this statement can help to declassify Mary as a  Rum possibility, if she ever was a candidate for Rum.