Detective Conan World
Kiel95

What is the connection between Gin and Sherry?

154 members have voted

1. 1. What is/was the relationship between Gin and Sherry?

• Nothing special, they are simply coworkers who knew one another
    • Former lovers (romantic or not)
    • Gin has/had a one sided crush on Sherry
    • Sherry had a one sided crush on Gin
    • Mentor-mentee
    • Former friends
    • Childhood friends
    • Biological father and daughter
    • Step/foster father and step/foster daughter
    • Biological siblings, step-siblings, or foster siblings
    • Other blood relation
    • Engaged or married to one another
    • Sherry is victim of some non-romantic obsession of Gin
    • Personal enemies because of something that happened even before Akemi's murder
    • Bad coworker relations because of a personality clash
    • Something else

I think they had a sort of romantic relationship cuz it seems Gin's seen Sherry naked, in one of their encounters he imagines this. Also, in one of publications, it says that Gin and SHerry may have been lovers and Vermouth was a rival for love.

i feel like a lot of theories are being repeated *sigh* oh well, it happens

anyways, i really hope there was no sort of relationship between the two, cuz if there are, i'm going to personally have to dispose of Gin... i'm a hardcore ShinShi, if there was anything between Gin and Sherry, I am SOOOOOO ending it! :evil:

i feel like a lot of theories are being repeated *sigh* oh well, it happens

anyways, i really hope there was no sort of relationship between the two, cuz if there are, i'm going to personally have to dispose of Gin... i'm a hardcore ShinShi, if there was anything between Gin and Sherry, I am SOOOOOO ending it! :evil:

There're only a few clues about their relationship, i don't like guessing without a proper evidence.

Not to mention i DON'T feel good thinking about their relationship th_085_.gif

There're only a few clues about their relationship, i don't like guessing without a proper evidence.

Not to mention i DON'T feel good thinking about their relationship th_085_.gif

rgh... that i completely understand >///<

I have read your theories on DCTP and i agree with them, however, they're still few and not obvious to me(maybe i'm picky). There are something i still wondering :

- Gin imagined Sherry in nude: Correct me if i'm wrong, but i remembered Conan himself used to imagine the female suspects in nude for no reason. Could it be because of Gosho's random habbit ?

- If Gin knew Sherry so well, he should have know that she won't do something risky like going to the hotel or put bug on their car, it's all Conan's works, Ai herself was not approved of his actions.

- When Ayumi grabbed Ai's hand, she was already aware of Ayumi, yet she still screamed: "Don't touch me!", i think it's because she thought herself of being a danger to the kids and she wanted to stay away from them. That's also explained why Conan knew that she was worrying about the kids (he spoke her thoughts)

- Gin imagined Sherry in nude: Correct me if i'm wrong, but i remembered Conan himself used to imagine the female suspects in nude for no reason. Could it be because of Gosho's random habbit ?

I can't recall any specific cases where Conan thought of a female suspect nude when there wasn't a reason not to (i.e. suspect found dead in bathtub). I'm not counting "shadowpeople" because that is how they are drawn regardless of whether anyone is thinking of them or not. Someone linked pictures of Conan and other people thinking of other characters nude as a counterpoint to the Gin example (can't find where though...), but most of them consisted of Ran when Conan thought she was actually nude, and there was a also a Sherry-haired shadowperson. Basically, Gin was thinking of Sherry naked for no particular reason at all (I doubt he would think she was naked at the time), and more explicitly than similar portrayals of people's thoughts.

-If Gin knew Sherry so well, he should have know that she won't do something risky like going to the hotel or put bug on their car, it's all Conan's works, Ai herself was not approved of his actions.

Gin was in fact surprised that Sherry planted the transmitter and made the first move. "Who would have thought that you would take action and approach me first?" This also shows that Gin is assuming Sherry is listening in on the other end...

Haibara decided to go as soon as she heard APTX4869 was going to be there from Conan. Gin assumed that Shiho was the one listening in on the other end, and thus would have heard about the APTX 4869 directly. He didn't know she was following his and Vodka's dialogue secondhand via Conan. So Gin's read of her personality was right; she wanted to go to the party because APTX was going to be there. Gin didn't anticipate she might not have heard about the APTX at first so she initially refused.

- When Ayumi grabbed Ai's hand, she was already aware of Ayumi, yet she still screamed: "Don't touch me!", i think it's because she thought herself of being a danger to the kids and she wanted to stay away from them. That's also explained why Conan knew that she was worrying about the kids (he spoke her thoughts)

There's probably a component of not wanting to be a danger to the kids, but preventing Ayumi from touching her at that moment isn't going to help. Also, it's uncharacteristic for Haibara to snap at the Detective Boys in relaxed conditions. Haibara was still in a reverie when Ayumi grabbed her arm. To explain it with another Detective Conan case (Coffee with murderous intent: chs 628-630, eps 513-514), Ran and Conan didn't want to eat Eri's gift cake after the case, despite both liking cake, because it reminded them of the tragic outcome. Basically, Haibara doesn't want to be touched at that moment because she was just thinking of something unpleasant related to Gin.
  • Upvote 1

Back to the main topic, Gin and Shiho's relationship has been mentioned in the official Conan Drill guidebook (Specifically it's the relationship diagram on page 239). I moved the arrow legend to the top to save space. Note it was written before the conclusion of the Vermouth arc before Gin had suspicions about Vermouth being up to no good and keeping dangerous secrets.

conandrill239snip.jpg

In case the image goes down, the text of the image is in the spoiler

Translation by Abs.

LEGEND

--->

仕事上の関係

Work relationship

===>

恋愛関係

Love relationship

--->

相手への気持ち

Feelings toward the other

Gin Shiho arrows

G ----> S

異常な執着

Abnormal attachment

G <===> S

恋愛関係?

Love relationship?

G ----> S

研究者として評価

Valued as a researcher

裏切り者への軽蔑

Scorned as a traitor

G <---- S

憎しみ

Hatred

Gin Vermouth Arrows

G ----> V

アバンチュールの相手

Activity partner

G <===> V

肉体関係

Sexual relations

G <-----> V

同僚・信頼

Colleagues. Trusted.

G <--- V

好意

Good will

Shiho Vermouth arrows

Sherry <---> Vermouth

Love rivals?

Sherry ---> Vermouth

Fear

Vermouth ---> Sherry

Target, rivalry?

Gin's connection with Sherry which has led to his obsession over hunting her down and her hatred and extreme fear of him probably goes back to a relationship they had before Shiho betrayed the Org.

Gin clearly knows Shiho personality very well as he can anticipate her movements despite having rather different lines of work. Shiho hardly knew most of the other agents in non-science related positions. She hadn't met Pisco since she was a baby, she had only heard of Korn and Chianti, and hadn't heard of Kir. Bourbon is new and thus doesn't count. Conan never asked about Tequila. Vermouth likely had a connection with the parents because of her apparent aging weirdness despite not being in science. Gin is on the business/assassination side of things, so it is anomalous how well he seems to know her given how she doesn't know much about anyone else outside of the research branch. They clearly have a connection outside of their professions to account for knowing each other so well. They must have spent lots of time together if Gin can identify her from a single hair with conviction.

There are various possibilities for relationships between Shiho and Gin, like childhood friends (age difference could be an issue), mutual relationship or one sided attraction or abuse (Age difference again is an issue and that Shiho was in America until recently), mentor-mentee, etc. There is a strong case to be made for a romantic mutual relationship or onesided attraction using a good retranslation of the first chapter of the Reunion with the Black Org (the Pisco case) (file 24-7 or 238, ep 176) where the translator pointed out the innuendo Gin was using. (The retranslation was by kentaru). The retranslated monologue of Gin's in the dream is as follows:

The translator also had a notes page from which I will quote a relevant section:

Now, add this information to Gin's description of their meeting as a "reunion", him thinking of her in the nude, and Haibara yelling "Don't touch me!" when Ayumi places her hand on Haibara's arm, snapping her out remembering her dream. Furthermore, when the two of them meet on the rooftop of the Hyde City Hotel, there are more suggestive exchanges. Gin purposefully chose not to do his job in the most efficient fashion- shooting Shiho in the chimney- but instead chose to make a special exception for her by waiting out for her on the snowy rooftop because killing her there would be, paraphrasing, more beautiful. She even gets into the act by thanking him, albeit sarcastically, for "waiting for her in the cold"; Shiho seems to purposefully be alluding to the stereotypic scenario of one lover waiting for another in poor climate. Gin also makes a comment about her disguise, the uniform and the glasses, being unsuitable for her, which carries an implication that he thinks there is some other outfit which would be more suitable.

In conclusion, I think there is significant evidence that they had a romantic relationship going on between them because I don't think Gin would, even though part of it is a dream, phrase things like that for the heck of it. The rooftop exchange seems to corroborate with Gin's dream personality. Whatever kind of relationship they had obviously didn't work out, probably because of Gin's messed up personality.

Based on the fact Gin is still obsessing, Shiho was probably the one to dump him.

No. If there were past romantic relations, then Gin would at least have been not as hateful to her. A person and who they work for is different.

No. If there were past romantic relations, then Gin would at least have been not as hateful to her. A person and who they work for is different.

You seem to be assuming Gin has a normal, reasonable personality.

Well he wouldn't be THAT loyal to the organization if he himself is in it's way right?

I genuinely think he wants Shiho dead, despite being in a romantic relationship with her prior. Basically, he was using/manipulating her and he liked it. Because he is the one still obsessing over her, it was probable that Shiho cut it off. He is the type who likes to be in control, so Gin most likely saw that as a personal betrayal of sorts which would make him rather angry as he doesn't like traitors. Add on top of that Shiho's betrayal of the Org, and the desire for revenge only intensifies from there. It also explains why Gin took immediate interest in Shiho's male "white knight" who rescued her at Haido City Hotel.

I genuinely think he wants Shiho dead, despite being in a romantic relationship with her prior. Basically, he was using/manipulating her and he liked it. Because he is the one still obsessing over her, it was probable that Shiho cut it off. He is the type who likes to be in control, so Gin most likely saw that as a personal betrayal of sorts which would make him rather angry as he doesn't like traitors. Add on top of that Shiho's betrayal of the Org, and the desire for revenge only intensifies from there. It also explains why Gin took immediate interest in Shiho's male "white knight" who rescued her at Haido City Hotel.

Bad new for Conan, then. And ConAi fans.

Oh yeah, how do you know Vermouth and Gin had sexual relations?

Bad new for Conan, then. And ConAi fans.

Oh yeah, how do you know Vermouth and Gin had sexual relations?

I believe it's because what Vermouth said in chapter 287

"How about tonight?...Want to make some martini ?"

Martini (cocktail) = Gin + Vermouth

Yeah but is that enough to determine it? It could've been just a joke.

I don't think Gosho made a entire scene at the bar (or whatever it's called) just for a joke, not to mention Gin's smirk. Plus, the Conan Drill confirmed it, like Bible to Christians, we have to believe it :P

I picked sherry was a victim of a non-romantic obsession of Gin........ Although I wouldn't be surprised if they were former lovers but Ai seems to be so terrified of Gin...

I don't know (always this sentence :blink: )

don't worry no one here knows for sure this is just asking about what you think not what you know :D

I'd go for lovers by the tone of his voice... when he says "sherry"

also the betrayal involved in that , would help explain her fear of him, if they'd been lovers, and he murdered her sister.

well it would create more ANGER then fear, but shes not the Maniacial rage type.