Detective Conan World
Vermouth-chan

Antipathy Between Vermouth and Sherry

The Reason  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is the reason for the Antipathy between Vermouth and Sherry?

• Love Rivalry
    • Family (Problems between Vermouth and the Miyano Family)
    • Simple Hatred
    • Rankings in the B.O.
    • Favoritism by Anokata
    • Some other reason

We all know that Vermouth and Sherry have some sort of antipathy between them. Vermouth hating Sherry, Sherry fearing Vermouth. Why? As Vermouth said in Chapter 818, "She's the only one that can't be allowed to exist in this world." For saying that, it means she has some sort of hatred towards Shiho.

My Theory

As for me, I believe that the reason for their antipathy is love rivalry. I am a supporter of the theory that Gin and Sherry had some sort of (romantic) relationship. What if Vermouth had feelings for Gin, and hated Sherry for being the bearer of Gin's attention, even now. Obsessed with hunting down Sherry, his attention is sort of centered on her. Vermouth is jealous, and wants to Sherry to die, taking her away from Gin's mind, and it will also grant her Gin's liking if she was the reason why Sherry died. And we all know too, that Vermouth and Gin also have some sort of relationship, when Vermouth said "How about we make some Martini tonight, Gin?" I don't want to explain the meaning of that, but lemme tell you, In cocktails, or alcohol, when you combine Gin and Vermouth, the new beverage formed is called Martini. *shivers* And for the info regarding this <<<, I want to credit those people. I don't remember their names, but they're members here in this forum. Forgive me!

Okay....Because of Vermouth's jealousy, Sherry is afraid of her. I mean, what if Vermouth tried to hurt her or something, causing Sherry to fear her tremendously.

So, what do you think? What are your theories?

• Upvote 2

We all know that Vermouth and Sherry have some sort of antipathy between them. Vermouth hating Sherry, Sherry fearing Vermouth. Why? As Vermouth said in Chapter 818, "She's the only one that can't be allowed to exist in this world." For saying that, it means she has some sort of hatred towards Shiho.

My Theory

As for me, I believe that the reason for their antipathy is love rivalry. I am a supporter of the theory that Gin and Sherry had some sort of (romantic) relationship. What if Vermouth had feelings for Gin, and hated Sherry for being the bearer of Gin's attention, even now. Obsessed with hunting down Sherry, his attention is sort of centered on her. Vermouth is jealous, and wants to Sherry to die, taking her away from Gin's mind, and it will also grant her Gin's liking if she was the reason why Sherry died. And we all know too, that Vermouth and Gin also have some sort of relationship, when Vermouth said "How about we make some Martini tonight, Gin?" I don't want to explain the meaning of that, but lemme tell you, In cocktails, or alcohol, when you combine Gin and Vermouth, the new beverage formed is called Martini. *shivers* And for the info regarding this <<<, I want to credit those people. I don't remember their names, but they're members here in this forum. Forgive me!

Okay....Because of Vermouth's jealousy, Sherry is afraid of her. I mean, what if Vermouth tried to hurt her or something, causing Sherry to fear her tremendously.

So, what do you think? What are your theories?

I completely agree with this.

"Don't think badly of me, Silver Bullet-kun.... I will just put some 'little' extra explosives on the train TO EXPLODE HER TO DUST !!!!!! And it's ALL Bourbon's doing, don't blame me for this !" rolleyes.gif

Well, that's it for the promise :V

I think her hatred towards Sherry is related to her parents, most likely has something to do with their (and now her) research. There may also be something else to it but I don't know. I used to have a theory about Akemi being Vermouth's daughter but the more I read it the less sense it makes, so I gave up on it.

I seriously hope this hatred doesn't stem from some kind of love rivalry :rolleyes: And over Gin of all people! I haven't seen anything from Vermouth to suggest she wants anything other than er, 'making Martini' with Gin, especially considering

he wouldn't mind blowing her up in pieces!

I'm in the "It might have something to do with Ai's parents' research" camp.

Well, the research might have good standing

Haibara cries and says that she's sorry to her mother for making the pill, and the pill she was holding was her antidote. Haibara is making the antidote to the silver bullet, as her parents called it. I could definitely agree that Vermouth has had some dealing with Sherry's parents, especially because that's probably Sherry's darkest problem - her beloved parents that she's hardly ever known. I think jealousy is a bit weak to scare Sherry/Haibara that much just by her presence, so if she had something to do with her parents, it would make sense. The research is probably something Vermouth is very much against, and I wouldn't be surprised if more people than Gin and Chianti want to get rid of Vermouth. Apparently, them shrinking due to the drug is not in her favor for Them to know... Hmm~ But her comments on her not being allowed to live probably does include at least partial jealousy over Gin.

Well, I'm also considering the fact that maybe Shiho's parents were the reason why Vermouth doesn't age anymore. Maybe they were the people who, maybe experimented on Vermouth, making her somewhat "immortal." Maybe that's the reason why, too, and maybe, JUST MAYBE, Vermouth was the one behind the killing of Sherry's parents, causing Sherry to fear Vermouth. And Vermouth has some sort of hatred for the Miyano family for doing so...

• Upvote 1

Could be... That's definitely something that would be plausible. The only thing is what Sherry's mom said in the recording makes me suspicious as to whether or not they're really dead.. But then again, shoot me if we've already decided with complete and conclusive evidence that they did die >.>''

Let me get something straight here: if Vermouth were alone with Sherry and Sherry's allies weren't around, Vermouth would not hesitate to pull the trigger on Sherry, is that right? In other words, is it only when Sherry is in the presence of one or more of her allies that Vermouth would preserve the status quo?

Let me get something straight here: if Vermouth were alone with Sherry and Sherry's allies weren't around, Vermouth would not hesitate to pull the trigger on Sherry, is that right? In other words, is it only when Sherry is in the presence of one or more of her allies that Vermouth would preserve the status quo?

Because of the promises she made, I think Vermouth isn't going looking for Sherry exactly (because otherwise she could have taken her the many times Agasa and Haibara were alone), but if an opportunity presents itself and Vermouth has an excuse (Bourbon found her, so she can help him -- and modify his plan a little), she'll take it.

My idea for the reason behind the antipathy between Vermouth and the Miyanos is... (not a spoiler, but spoiler-ed for length and copyapsta)

The Miyanos came in around the exact time Sharon would need to fake being pregnant (29 years + 9 months). If one tries to take into account the time needed for the Miyanos to build trust in the organization and to make a breakthrough in their anti-aging serum, Vermouth's aging problem seems to have occurred before the Miyanos even get there. This means whatever happened to Vermouth was not related to Atsushi and Elena's APTX 4869. Instead, it is more likely the inverse situation occurred: Elena and Atsushi were called in to research Vermouth.

Because Vermouth mentioned their science project being foolish (434), the source of her dislike may be the APTX 4869 project. If they based APTX 4869 (Or whatever they called it back then) 30 years ago off of her, that means that Vermouth is their guinea pig. She may not have enjoyed that. Also, if Vermouth has become more cynical about her aging condition and the Organization's goals over time, then she would come to dislike Atsushi and Elena who are, in a way, a personification of the Organization's science goals. It would also explain why Shiho knows Vermouth well and is especially terrified of her, despite them being in different lines of work.

• Upvote 1

Because of the promises she made, I think Vermouth isn't going looking for Sherry exactly (because otherwise she could have taken her the many times Agasa and Haibara were alone), but if an opportunity presents itself and Vermouth has an excuse (Bourbon found her, so she can help him -- and modify his plan a little), she'll take it.

My idea for the reason behind the antipathy between Vermouth and the Miyanos is... (not a spoiler, but spoiler-ed for length and copyapsta)

The Miyanos came in around the exact time Sharon would need to fake being pregnant (29 years + 9 months). If one tries to take into account the time needed for the Miyanos to build trust in the organization and to make a breakthrough in their anti-aging serum, Vermouth's aging problem seems to have occurred before the Miyanos even get there. This means whatever happened to Vermouth was not related to Atsushi and Elena's APTX 4869. Instead, it is more likely the inverse situation occurred: Elena and Atsushi were called in to research Vermouth.

Because Vermouth mentioned their science project being foolish (434), the source of her dislike may be the APTX 4869 project. If they based APTX 4869 (Or whatever they called it back then) 30 years ago off of her, that means that Vermouth is their guinea pig. She may not have enjoyed that. Also, if Vermouth has become more cynical about her aging condition and the Organization's goals over time, then she would come to dislike Atsushi and Elena who are, in a way, a personification of the Organization's science goals. It would also explain why Shiho knows Vermouth well and is especially terrified of her, despite them being in different lines of work.

Spoiler replied with spoiler.

Vermouth being a guinea pig seems quite probable, since the boss seems to fancy her more than the rest of the members. It seems like even Gin and Vodka has no idea about this, since they have no idea what the drug is for and thought that it was poison. They don't understand why the boss seem to lean towards Vermouth even though she doesn't like following orders. Also, Vermouth doesn't seem to want to let the other members know of the truth (that is, if the above mentioned was the truth). However, if that was the truth, then if the drug really was successful and succeeded in creating someone else like her, then it would be a disaster for her since she is not as "useful" or "special" any more. The next guinea pig would probably be Shiho and Vermouth will likely be put in a bad position. Which might prooobably explain why Vermouth wanted to kill Shiho so terribly or didn't want the rest to know about the "truth".

• Upvote 1

Spoiler replied with spoiler.

Vermouth being a guinea pig seems quite probable, since the boss seems to fancy her more than the rest of the members. It seems like even Gin and Vodka has no idea about this, since they have no idea what the drug is for and thought that it was poison. They don't understand why the boss seem to lean towards Vermouth even though she doesn't like following orders. Also, Vermouth doesn't seem to want to let the other members know of the truth (that is, if the above mentioned was the truth). However, if that was the truth, then if the drug really was successful and succeeded in creating someone else like her, then it would be a disaster for her since she is not as "useful" or "special" any more. The next guinea pig would probably be Shiho and Vermouth will likely be put in a bad position. Which might prooobably explain why Vermouth wanted to kill Shiho so terribly or didn't want the rest to know about the "truth".

True. It is so well-thought out and so incredible, I can't even believe I am reading this. If the Organization had known about the APTX 4869 and that it caused de-aging, a breakthrough in their biochem project, she would no longer be special to the Boss and the BO since someone else is like her! She's no longer unique! BRILLIANT!

I've read the theory, they're logical. I feel they support the central plot around Shinichi, if it is biggest secret, he has advantage. Vermouth can't say, so it makes her like Severus Snape, since she wants it to end I think she's considering what she wants in life. She's really old, is she? Vermouth is in predicament as she can't say as to keep her status well. So if she has trump card, she's going to play big; throw big stake to end organization. With good reason of B.O.'s ignorant state, she will rethink approach and want to handle it singlehandedly. Because of secret and reason, I think she might take differences aside considering Shinichi once who save her before.