Detective Conan World
Kyuu Nye

Character Development

Alright so this was done by request. It seems that we can't escape the topic in DC in most discussions about characters.

Perhaps its because it seems that the side characters develop more than main cast... I don't know.

But lets discuss shall we? I'll search for my various posts on the subject at a later date.

It's probably because Aoyama can't afford to develop main characters that often 'cause we'll see them all the time and it'll affect how everything plays out. Basically, certain points can only be confronted when the plot is... at the right part I suppose, probably why pairings are only really starting to be tied up recently...

• Upvote 1

It's probably because Aoyama can't afford to develop main characters that often 'cause we'll see them all the time and it'll affect how everything plays out. Basically, certain points can only be confronted when the plot is... at the right part I suppose, probably why pairings are only really starting to be tied up recently...

But there isn't even minor development like Ran not freaking out when she sees a dead body. She must be desensitized by now...

You have a point with that :x, though other aspects of her character have changed like her being calmer and stuff *will try to explain properly later so pick apart that statement as much as you want for now :x*

i miss the old agressive Ran, she is more passive now and seems more naive

That was it! I put it terribly myself when I tried to explain it, but... yeah, that's the sorta character development I was talking about, on that point, her calming down has made her more mature, but also steals some of her individuality... :/

That was it! I put it terribly myself when I tried to explain it, but... yeah, that's the sorta character development I was talking about, on that point, her calming down has made her more mature, but also steals some of her individuality... :/

you are right, she can mature without losing her personality traits *sigh*. It seems that after Kudo left she trys to appear strong by holding back her emotions. So she cries over the weirdest things because its bottled up.

In truth, it won't be too bad to see more of it in DC, especially for the main characters.

Also, there really isn't much development in characters in DC, is there?

Just the ones that aren't Conan and Ran.

Ayumi has changed.

Haibara has.

Heiji has.

Eri has.

Sato has.

Takagi has.

Basically all of the characters that SURROUND the protagonist male and the protagonist female have had character development. Heck, even the CRIMINALS have had character development! XD

Just the ones that aren't Conan and Ran.

Ayumi has changed.

Haibara has.

Heiji has.

Eri has.

Sato has.

Takagi has.

Basically all of the characters that SURROUND the protagonist male and the protagonist female have had character development. Heck, even the CRIMINALS have had character development! XD

Heiji became static after his major development in the beginning. Sato and Takagi developed only once except for their relationship. Ayumi not since the beginning. Eri we don't see enough to make a solid call on. Haibara stopped too. It is pathetic that there seems to have been no development since pretty much the midway point from where we are now.

Heiji became static after his major development in the beginning. Sato and Takagi developed only once except for their relationship. Ayumi not since the beginning. Eri we don't see enough to make a solid call on. Haibara stopped too. It is pathetic that there seems to have been no development since pretty much the midway point from where we are now.

Yep. The development stopped in even the minor characters after some point in time.

The only development that has occurred recently is the relationship character development and even THAT lacks.

Barely exists in DC

This might be little bit off-topic, but this is the main reason i am dissapointed in Detective Conan. Also, i have a feeling that in the end, presence of many significant characters and near absence of Character Development, there will be a rush up finally resulting in a big mess.

This might be little bit off-topic, but this is the main reason i am dissapointed in Detective Conan. Also, i have a feeling that in the end, presence of many significant characters and near absence of Character Development, there will be a rush up finally resulting in a big mess.

I feel the same...

That's sad because some characters have a lot of potential,but they aren't enough exploited...(Ran,Shinichi...)

And instead of building characters personnality,Gosho adds unneccessary people,or develops romance between secondary characters..

I had a bit of hope with Haibara,she has changed compared to her first appearance,but as Kyuu said,it has stopped in the recent files...

If anything, I think we're gonna see one last boost of character development for some characters, and hopefully for the protagonists at last.

I feel the same...

That's sad because some characters have a lot of potential,but they aren't enough exploited...(Ran,Shinichi...)

And instead of building characters personnality,Gosho adds unneccessary people,or develops romance between secondary characters..

I had a bit of hope with Haibara,she has changed compared to her first appearance,but as Kyuu said,it has stopped in the recent files...

Totally agree with you.

I sometimes think that Gosho gives more personnality to secondary characters than the main ones. I mean, Shinichi and Ran have both been trough moments wich are supposed to be live changing. I tought that they would evoluate through the series, that they would build their characters little by little. But no.

Shinichi is more or less the same as the first episodes, and Ran... Ran is just stucked. This bothers me quite a lot. For example, in Holmes Revelation's Arc, when Shinichi confesses, I was like: <<Omg, they will finally be closer, they will finally admit they are in love! The best is that, maybe, it won't end here>>.

And, actually, it is exactly the same. THE SAME. It's like this episode has never taken place before.

And we end up with tooooones of unnecessary characters wich appear maybe twice in 800 episodes.

The plot. This is another topic.

I don't know i I'm the only one who has this idea fixed in the head, but relating to the black organization... do you think there's a big step between the begining and now?

As you said, I'm affraid that the end will be way to precipitated and won't be as good as the rest of the episodes.

(I dunno if I have explaind myself clearly).

I think we see too much of Kogoro's side as detective. It's not as bad thing/news, Kogoro is dynamic character and learn few things about him. He hide soft side much and when he want to be soft he can turn one. The only I see recently has started, his character, started taking seriously and under situation with bomb it's predictable, he stop hitting Conan and start caring, I notice he allow Conan to participate deduction in the murder case around clock.

Do anyone find it odd? After Shinichi turn up at London and Kogoro actually let Conan work with him together investigating the case of clock's. From there onwards, he stop hitting. It's like... he was observing Conan and already decide to be cautious around him.

+1 I agree ^^

But there isn't even minor development like Ran not freaking out when she sees a dead body. She must be desensitized by now...

The bang on Ran's head did. It wasn't that sharp when the series just begin. Now it's been forged.

Haha, but if Ran supposedly stopped freaking out whenever she sees a dead body, she wouldn't be the 'innocent' type anymore.