Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

Handwriting Samples

You know what would make this thread really fun? If people looked up how to analyze handwriting samples and see what they could come up with....

I mean this is a site based around a detective manga after all. Might as well try to deduce something ;)

(I used to know how to do it btw, I probably still could if I could find my book on it...)

Edit: A thought occurred to me... I might have a very strange idea of "fun" compared to everyone else here...

• Upvote 1

You know what would make this thread really fun? If people looked up how to analyze handwriting samples and see what they could come up with....

I mean this is a site based around a detective manga after all. Might as well try to deduce something ;)

(I used to know how to do it btw, I probably still could if I could find my book on it...)

Edit: A thought occurred to me... I might have a very strange idea of "fun" compared to everyone else here...

I mark that as interesting, but I say all for it.

what do you mean by that?

Basically the idea is that different people write inherently different. Some things are easy to tell, like which hand and level of grammatical prowess. But other things are harder. If the sample is big enough you can learn various things about the person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphology

You can probably only find basic things on line, unless you have access to the literature on studies of handwriting. But it would be interesting to see what the users here come up with.

• Upvote 2

Here's my handwriting. I'm ALWAYS sloppier and write more nervously when I know that someone is watching me write. In this case, you guys. dry.gif So basically take this handwriting and make it look a little neater, and you have my handwriting.

imag0160o.jpg

• Upvote 4

I think it's a great idea! :) I wish I could do that... :mellow:

Anyone can do it. It isn't an exact science. All you need is to have the list of tells and the analysis of known things. All you need to do is take it one step at a time and you'll be surprised at what you come up with.

• Upvote 3

Anyone can do it. It isn't an exact science. All you need is to have the list of tells and the analysis of known things. All you need to do is take it one step at a time and you'll be surprised at what you come up with.

What does that mean? (Sorry I don't understand :unsure: )

What does that mean? (Sorry I don't understand :unsure: )

Tells are how people write certain letters or the ordering of symbols. For instance... How someone writes the date can narrow down their country of origin. Usage of punctuation, and how the punctuations are written tell you often gender. Then you have angling and spacing that have been heavily analyzed that can tell you a few things. Then you have style of writing letters as well. The smallest of things can tell you a bit about a person.

• Upvote 4

Tells are how people write certain letters or the ordering of symbols. For instance... How someone writes the date can narrow down their country of origin. Usage of punctuation, and how the punctuations are written tell you often gender. Then you have angling and spacing that have been heavily analyzed that can tell you a few things. Then you have style of writing letters as well. The smallest of things can tell you a bit about a person.

:o So just a date and two words can tell you a lot! :o :o :o

A very considerable idea... Instead of telling you how great of an idea this is, I will turn your words into action. :) So if I were to examine CarpetCrawler's handwriting (it was the first one I could find), it would be something like this:

imag0160o.jpg

CC has an intricate style of handwriting that defines his personality and well-being.

-First, I will note that his disregard for writing above the given lines reveals his boldness. He represents an extravert, a person who would rather be a leader than a follower, because he wants to distinguish himself from others by using every two lines as a center for his writing. His bold personality is also evident in how large he writes; CC wants to draw the attention of others right away. In terms of speaking with someone, CC would be the dominant speaker of the conversation.

-Second, CC's inconsistency with letter size (adjacent letters vary in height) and the lining of the letters show that he is careless about other people's perceptions of him (which is correspondent to his inattentiveness towards writing the letters the same size and in a straight line). He couldn't care less if a person despised the way he presents himself or how he feels on a certain subject; all that matters is that he stands for what he believes in, no matter who opposes him.

-Although, his round and curvy letters (which are more "open" rather than "enclosed together") reveal that CC has agreeableness. He can be "open-minded" about agreeing with others as long as it abides to his own personal beliefs. In fact, he loves discovering the common ground he has with people.

-Referring to punctuation, CC's usage of two, count 'em two, exclamation marks reveal his thought process of writing the statement. He wants to passionately tell readers that they should listen to the podcast by using more than one exclamation mark (one wouldn't nearly be as emotive), but three shows signs of desperation. Therefore, he sticks with two in order to neutralize between sounding too passive and sounding too aggressive.

-Lastly, the heavy pressure he exerts on his writing utensil shows signs of confidence. Whether it is confidence in his arguments or confidence with how he is, CC isn't afraid to express his audacious persona. If he were to write lightly on paper, it would reveal insecurity; however, that isn't the case. Since it appears he has a firm grip on his pen, CC undoubtedly has inner strength, the strength of refraining himself from letting his guard down.

I have no idea if my handwriting analysis is accurate or not, but I tried my best.

• Upvote 4

A very considerable idea... Instead of telling you how great of an idea this is, I will turn your words into action. :) So if I were to examine CarpetCrawler's handwriting (it was the first one I could find), it would be something like this:

imag0160o.jpg

CC has an intricate style of handwriting that defines his personality and well-being.

-First, I will note that his disregard for writing above the given lines reveals his boldness. He represents an extravert, a person who would rather be a leader than a follower, because he wants to distinguish himself from others by using every two lines as a center for his writing. His bold personality is also evident in how large he writes; CC wants to draw the attention of others right away. In terms of speaking with someone, CC would be the dominant speaker of the conversation.

-Second, CC's inconsistency with letter size (adjacent letters vary in height) and the lining of the letters show that he is careless about other people's perceptions of him (which is correspondent to his inattentiveness towards writing the letters the same size and in a straight line). He couldn't care less if a person despised the way he presents himself or how he feels on a certain subject; all that matters is that he stands for what he believes in, no matter who opposes him.

-Although, his round and curvy letters (which are more "open" rather than "enclosed together") reveal that CC has agreeableness. He can be "open-minded" about agreeing with others as long as it abides to his own personal beliefs. In fact, he loves discovering the common ground he has with people.

-Referring to punctuation, CC's usage of two, count 'em two, exclamation marks reveal his thought process of writing the statement. He wants to passionately tell readers that they should listen to the podcast by using more than one exclamation mark (one wouldn't nearly be as emotive), but three shows signs of desperation. Therefore, he sticks with two in order to neutralize between sounding too passive and sounding too aggressive.

-Lastly, the heavy pressure he exerts on his writing utensil shows signs of confidence. Whether it is confidence in his arguments or confidence with how he is, CC isn't afraid to express his audacious persona. If he were to write lightly on paper, it would reveal insecurity; however, that isn't the case. Since it appears he has a firm grip on his pen, CC undoubtedly has inner strength, the strength of refraining himself from letting his guard down.

I have no idea if my handwriting analysis is accurate or not, but I tried my best.

WOW! +1 B) I wish I could see the photo... I don't know why I can never see imageshack photos :(

WOW! +1 B) I wish I could see the photo... I don't know why I can never see imageshack photos :(

China blocks Youtube, Dailymotion, Facebook, Twitter, Blogspot, Imageshack.... and many more. So if you find those sites inaccessible, don't get surprised.