• I don't think I ever will read it.
    • I liked it
  2. 2. What Team?

• Team Jacob
    • Team Edward
    • WILDCATS
    • ... what?

Damn it.

Look guys, as much as I respect the opinion that you guys don't like Twilight, I'm just going to say right now that Stephanie Meyers is a person just like us. Who cares if Twilight is about vampires and romance? She's an incredible author.

It's like me saying "Oh hey! Harry Potter sucks and I hate it because it's about wizards and magic. Most horrible thing I've ever read! J.K. Rowling is stupid."

You get what I'm trying to say? 'Cause I don't think it came out the way I wanted...

I'm an avid Twilight and High School Musical fan. I don't care what anyone thinks. The people who made it are amazing people.

Twilight= Justin Bieber of books. Neither are bad. Get over it people, and stop hating before you actually try and open your mind to it. Nice example Chelsea. ^^ Rep 4 u!

The twilight series suck. The twilight deck is awesome, tier 1. triple JD and Bls otk.

I agree with the Twilight series opinion. Not so much with the twilight deck. Sabersworns are better, IMO. And triple JD and BLS is just BS.

Anyways, a bit OT there...

And Chelsea, I know who Stephenie Meyer is. I don't like her writing style, personally, so my beef with the Twilight series is because of the author.

@Moho Ah, I see. Well, that's something that's fine. It's... Other things that piss me off.

Thank you, Aya-chan. <3

But serious guys, I'm SICK of how people react to all of this... I mean, look at how the world reacted to Rebecca Black!! She may not be the BEST singer, but she doesn't DESERVE death threats!!

The world is cruel. </3

And America, hey, we're hypocrites!! We push our problems away and butt into everybody else in the world's business. *laughs coldly*

How can this be such a wonderful world at the same time...?

Life isn't fair. There's no justice, really. Everything is f***ed up.

*sigh* Sorry guys... The emotions inside are building up and I have nowhere else to express them... Well, I could write, but... *sigh* Sorry.

Just trying to prove a point, Moho. Sorry...

But sometimes, I just... Well, I get into these moods where I think about life and a bunch of philosophical crap. *sigh*

Actually, it's not sometimes. It's usually most of the time... Especially since I'm going through a depression right now.

But Moho, I really admire you... Truly. <3

Actually, it's not sometimes. It's usually most of the time... Especially since I'm going through a depression right now.

But Moho, I really admire you... Truly. <3

Truthfully, I don't know why girls go through depressions so frequently. Maybe it's because guys can keep it in, and I don't see as many guys depressed as girls, so I have mayybbee a biased perspective.

<3 Well, that's nice to know. kiss.gif

Truthfully, I don't know why girls go through depressions so frequently. Maybe it's because guys can keep it in, and I don't see as many guys depressed as girls, so I have mayybbee a biased perspective.

<3 Well, that's nice to know. kiss.gif

Nah, I usually not depressed... But a lot of crap is happening in my life now. Especially a thing with adoption...

And yes, I suppose it is. <3

Anyway, we probably should get back on topic...

BREAKING DAWN. I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, I LOVED THAT BOOK.

It's ok for someone to dislike the series as long as there is a legitimate reason. It's acceptable if someone dislikes the books because vampires and werewolves are not of their interests, but if they dislike the series because of how others feel about it just to have that sense of belonging in the crowd, THEN problems are present.

Sorry, just had to throw that in there.

It's ok for someone to dislike the series as long as there is a legitimate reason. It's acceptable if someone dislikes the books because vampires and werewolves are not of their interests, but if they dislike the series because of how others feel about it just to have that sense of belonging in the crowd, THEN problems are present.

You just summed up what's wrong with America's current generation.

BREAKING DAWN. I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, I LOVED THAT BOOK.

rolleyes.gif

Have I mentioned I hate my itouch? I had three pretty, long paragraphs all about Twilight written neatly, and my iTouch decided to DELETE EVERYTHING!!!!! Gist: I thought the books were pretty well written, just shallow.

You just summed up what's wrong with America's current generation.

^

So true.

But I'm being honest when I say I don't like Twilight. Not for me ._.

Stephanie Meyers, she's not a bad author, I like her taste in books as well, (Hunger Games)

But Twilight is HONESTLY not for me :l

@Aka-chan

I loved HSM I grew up with it :')

Hope you can get over that depression state eventually .. <3

Twilight is horrible... I really don't understand how or why it is popular...

Let me go through the list of my personal problems (most knowledge I acquired by watching a riff of the movie)....

I tried reading it, and I didn't get far, the sophomoric writing style that Stephanie Meyers employs is disappointing and an insult to any real writer. I have seen better writing on FictionPress.com, and there are probably better writers on fanfiction.net as well. This was such a problem for me, I couldn't make it past the fifth chapter of the book (it would have been second but my friend said she wouldn't talk to me if I didn't continue a bit longer). I have heard she got better with her writing though... But that probably wasn't that great of a feat...

Next... Vampires that sparkle? You couldn't invent a new creature instead of using a well established mythical creature and changing EVERYTHING except like 2 aspects of it (superhuman abilities and drinking blood). Seriously, and what annoyed me more is that Meyers apparently doesn't know how to do research because she claimed there was no set standards for vampires... I would have loved to point out the CENTURIES of vampire lore that is completely different from what she wrote. Vampires are apex predators of humans. I can believe there being weird ones that would fall in love with their prey because they are intelligent, but seriously at least keep a few basics, and leave off completely useless traits like sparkling.

Next... Vampires in PERPETUAL HS?! REALLY?! I'm pretty certain that any vampire in that situation would find a way to end their life... OR they would hunt in that HS constantly, killing dozens of kids and teachers.

Next... Belle's situation is RIDICULOUS! New girl, new school... INSTANTLY POPULAR?! Really...? Even to the point of the school paper doing an article on her? Every guy wanting to be with her, and other girls wanting to be friends with her despite her being the fancy of every boy despite being completely new?! Ugh...

Next point of contention... This series sets women's rights back decades... And the guy of her affection is a TOTAL ASSHOLE. Not to mention a creepy stalker... I mean really.... breaking into her house and watching her sleep? HOW IS THAT ROMANTIC IN ANYWAY?! There must be something wrong with girls today if they think that is romantic... That is grounds for a restraining order, not a relationship.

Hm... what else...? Oh right... the overall moral of the series is SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE IS BAD! In fact the whole series is built on Mormon morals... You know not on normal morals or normal people's ideas of what relationships should be like...

Oh right... and one totally non-complacent girl somehow starting a war between mythological creatures? This series hurts my head...

I'm sure there is more, but I think I blocked out most things from my memory except for the major problems...

I'll just go ahead and reread Bram Stoker's Dracula for my vampire fix, thank you very much.

(PS: I wouldn't try defending this particular series with me, you'll be wasting both your time and mine. I have had that debate a DOZEN times before. Probably 11 times more than I needed because RANDOM fans used to approach me because I apparently looked like the evil vampire from the movie/book)

Kristen Stewart has exactly the same facial expression for every "emotion." Oh wait... she has emotions? What? :o

And the sparkly vampire part was stupid. I'd rather just have them fry in the sunlight, thank you very much xD

And the series was OKAY until.. book 4. Then every bit of promise it ever showed just got flushed down the toilet. Too many sex scenes.

I will agree Bella is a total Mary Sue, but Edward's cool. :P I almost always like smart male characters (Jace Wayland FTW!), so I think Edward's cool. As for the peeping Tom thing... He's damned, he doesn't need to follow morals. XD LOL But as for vampires having set standards.... Well, they technically do, but they don't exist (we hopefully don't live in Twilight... Living in the Mortal Instruments series would be awesome though!) so you can just say 'humans had misconceptions' and no one can argue with you. And for sparkling... It's fun to call all the vamps sparkling albino fairy princesses at any rate. :3 :does it all the time: I personally don't think Meyer's writing insults 'real authors'. It's better than what most people can do, and despite what anyone says, it was really popular! The release of a Twilight movie delayed the release of an HP movie for 6 months because they were afraid HP wouldn't get as much profit. If Meyer sucked, she wouldn't have gotten published. That's that. (I will refrain from saying which author I believe insults writing, because it's a really popular author most people love.) Personally, I will go and read The Mortal Instruments series for my FANTASY fix. With my beloved werewolves that love playing video games and the vampire who gets sick at the sight of blood. Originally at least. But Twilight has nice vampires too. ;D I love fandrawn manga style Edward Cullens... So much better than the GN or movie. :3

I will agree Bella is a total Mary Sue, but Edward's cool. :P I almost always like smart male characters (Jace Wayland FTW!), so I think Edward's cool. As for the peeping Tom thing... He's damned, he doesn't need to follow morals. XD LOL But as for vampires having set standards.... Well, they technically do, but they don't exist (we hopefully don't live in Twilight... Living in the Mortal Instruments series would be awesome though!) so you can just say 'humans had misconceptions' and no one can argue with you. And for sparkling... It's fun to call all the vamps sparkling albino fairy princesses at any rate. :3 :does it all the time: I personally don't think Meyer's writing insults 'real authors'. It's better than what most people can do, and despite what anyone says, it was really popular! The release of a Twilight movie delayed the release of an HP movie for 6 months because they were afraid HP wouldn't get as much profit. If Meyer sucked, she wouldn't have gotten published. That's that. (I will refrain from saying which author I believe insults writing, because it's a really popular author most people love.) Personally, I will go and read The Mortal Instruments series for my FANTASY fix. With my beloved werewolves that love playing video games and the vampire who gets sick at the sight of blood. Originally at least. But Twilight has nice vampires too. ;D I love fandrawn manga style Edward Cullens... So much better than the GN or movie. :3

AHHH YOU READ MORTAL INSTRUMENTS TOO :D :D :D

Stephenie Meyer isn't a bad author, it's just that I think she wasted all her talent writing sex scenes... and sparkly stuff... :P

Yeah... Even SHE admitted that her writing is amateurish. The fact that she knows this herself, and yet she is one of the best selling authors of this decade is an insult to real writers, at least I think so. In fact, I am pretty certain that the reason she was published is because her book was good enough and satisfied a certain growing market for vampire romance.

Again, I am not arguing my stance on this... There is no point and I have done it too many times before. But please don't think of her as even a fair writer... Her writing style is sophomoric and sloppy. She doesn't know how to write yet. She fulfilled a market at the lowest common denominator of the readership of America. The books were bad, and the movies were worse...

Yeah... Even SHE admitted that her writing is amateurish. The fact that she knows this herself, and yet she is one of the best selling authors of this decade is an insult to real writers, at least I think so. In fact, I am pretty certain that the reason she was published is because her book was good enough and satisfied a certain growing market for vampire romance.

Again, I am not arguing my stance on this... There is no point and I have done it too many times before. But please don't think of her as even a fair writer... Her writing style is sophomoric and sloppy. She doesn't know how to write yet. She fulfilled a market at the lowest common denominator of the readership of America. The books were bad, and the movies were worse...

*sigh* She can write in the technical sense. It's not that hard. Take a pencil, press it down to a piece of paper, scribble, and hope it looks like words. :3 Sophomoric... That makes my writing freshmanoric. XD Sorry... Just had to say that. :D

@Sayomi: Isn't The Mortal Instruments AWESOME?!?!?!?! Jace! Clary! Simon! Alec and Magnus! :3 to the last one. XD Quite a daring move for the author, but a cute one. :winks:

Twilight is horrible... I really don't understand how or why it is popular...

Let me go through the list of my personal problems (most knowledge I acquired by watching a riff of the movie)....

I tried reading it, and I didn't get far, the sophomoric writing style that Stephanie Meyers employs is disappointing and an insult to any real writer. I have seen better writing on FictionPress.com, and there are probably better writers on fanfiction.net as well. This was such a problem for me, I couldn't make it past the fifth chapter of the book (it would have been second but my friend said she wouldn't talk to me if I didn't continue a bit longer). I have heard she got better with her writing though... But that probably wasn't that great of a feat...

Next... Vampires that sparkle? You couldn't invent a new creature instead of using a well established mythical creature and changing EVERYTHING except like 2 aspects of it (superhuman abilities and drinking blood). Seriously, and what annoyed me more is that Meyers apparently doesn't know how to do research because she claimed there was no set standards for vampires... I would have loved to point out the CENTURIES of vampire lore that is completely different from what she wrote. Vampires are apex predators of humans. I can believe there being weird ones that would fall in love with their prey because they are intelligent, but seriously at least keep a few basics, and leave off completely useless traits like sparkling.

Next... Vampires in PERPETUAL HS?! REALLY?! I'm pretty certain that any vampire in that situation would find a way to end their life... OR they would hunt in that HS constantly, killing dozens of kids and teachers.

Next... Belle's situation is RIDICULOUS! New girl, new school... INSTANTLY POPULAR?! Really...? Even to the point of the school paper doing an article on her? Every guy wanting to be with her, and other girls wanting to be friends with her despite her being the fancy of every boy despite being completely new?! Ugh...

Next point of contention... This series sets women's rights back decades... And the guy of her affection is a TOTAL ASSHOLE. Not to mention a creepy stalker... I mean really.... breaking into her house and watching her sleep? HOW IS THAT ROMANTIC IN ANYWAY?! There must be something wrong with girls today if they think that is romantic... That is grounds for a restraining order, not a relationship.

Hm... what else...? Oh right... the overall moral of the series is SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE IS BAD! In fact the whole series is built on Mormon morals... You know not on normal morals or normal people's ideas of what relationships should be like...

Oh right... and one totally non-complacent girl somehow starting a war between mythological creatures? This series hurts my head...

I'm sure there is more, but I think I blocked out most things from my memory except for the major problems...

I'll just go ahead and reread Bram Stoker's Dracula for my vampire fix, thank you very much.

(PS: I wouldn't try defending this particular series with me, you'll be wasting both your time and mine. I have had that debate a DOZEN times before. Probably 11 times more than I needed because RANDOM fans used to approach me because I apparently looked like the evil vampire from the movie/book)

Kyuu, you rock,