Detective Conan World
Amaranth

Code Geass

Manga= almost completely different from anime. The manga doesn't have Knightmares, it has suits that enhance physical abilities. Also, the manga isn't completed... (as far as online translation goes...) Try watching it. That's a better experience, trust me. Especially once Suzaku and his epic awesomeness come into play!

Yeah, but I wanna read it first. After all manga is THE original one. But maybe I'll watch it too... :D

Yeah, but I wanna read it first. After all manga is THE original one. But maybe I'll watch it too... :D

So did I. Until I couldn't find anything past Chapter 17... ... ... Yeah, that's why I didn't touch Code Geass for about.. six seven months because the manga simply doesn't exist online. (which makes no sense since the volumes are in the bookstore- and before anyone says 'why didn't you buy them?' it's because my mom appears to a. have something against reading manga, and b. I don't buy books from the bookstore. It's a waste of money when you have the internet and a library.)

So did I. Until I couldn't find anything past Chapter 17... ... ... Yeah, that's why I didn't touch Code Geass for about.. six seven months because the manga simply doesn't exist online. (which makes no sense since the volumes are in the bookstore- and before anyone says 'why didn't you buy them?' it's because my mom appears to a. have something against reading manga, and b. I don't buy books from the bookstore. It's a waste of money when you have the internet and a library.)

Okay, now I have read it and starting to watch the first episode. :D

Nooo !

He looks weird ...

But the fact that he is chinese is awesome !

Mao is Chinese?! Oh, JustaL, I replied to you on for Suzaku's sake earlier. :P Here's the post:

Posted

06 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

JustaL, on 06 November 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

Lelouch is not a murderer <_< *denying the fact that he killed people*

Suzaku is a bitch for killing Lelouch ...

He killed him with a sword !

If you use a robot and kill all those people they don't feel it !

They die before they feel anything !

But using a sword hurts much more !

Lelouch was the one who plotted Zero Requiem. He kind of commanded Suzaku to kill him. Using a Knightmare would have killed everyone (crossfire? You can't just tell your troops not to fire at a Knightmare! You can't exactly take those down with swords concealed in your sleeves! *cough* Margrave Jeremiah Gottwald *cough*) and a sword is more symbolic of knights.

And wait a second- DID YOU JUST SAY BEING KILLED BY A KNIGHTMARE DOESN'T HURT? Are you kidding me? Does it hurt to have a bullet fly through your head or heart, piercing your flesh and leaving you bleeding onto the ground, either taken by death or waiting for it? Does it hurt to have your bones crushed by metal fingers squeezing you, snapping like twigs beneath your feet? Does it hurt to have your skin melting, burning, leaving you a pile of ashes in the wake of a Hadron Cannon? Death by any method would have hurt, but Lelouch chose the one least dangerous to the surrounding others, a guaranteed method of dying that endangered no life but his. He chose to have that sword plunged through his heart, to bleed out in front of the whole world. He chose to have his best friend slay him, to pass on the legacy of Zero to him, and he chose for Nunnally to watch him die, for the world to cheer for the death of the hated Lelouch vi Britannia. Suzaku wouldn't have done it if he had a choice- he was crying when he killed Lelouch, he was the one who asked Lelouch if he really wanted to do it, but most commendably, Suzaku did kill Lelouch, despite Lelouch being his closest friend, despite the fact it was another sin for his already unforgivable list. Both had the courage to change the world, in exchange for life- Lelouch gave his up entirely, Suzaku will never be able to live as anyone else but Zero. Both are gone, but both will live on through their brave actions. Suzaku is not to be hated for killing Lelouch- I think this is the greatest show of loyalty and trust in a friendship I've ever seen. (and before anyone asks, yes, I could go on much longer than this. Does anyone really want to read it? Probably not. :P)

Koizumi Akako, on 06 November 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

FWAH.

AYA-CHAN, YOU MAKE ME WANT TO RE-CONSIDER.

BUT NO.

I HATE HER EVEN MORE BECAUSE EVERYTHING LELOUCH HAS DONE... WAS FOR HER.

*SIGH*

I love Nunnally because she's Nunnally and is sweet, considerate, and understands the limits of her abilities. Re-consider and fall prey to my persuasive skills! :twisted:

Okay, let's give it a try:

Aeyra=Suzaku

Amaranth=CC

Chelsea=Milly

Ayame Tantei Kanna Natsumi=Nunnally

xXEdogawa-kunXx=

Anime Girl 4 Eva=

Ro0ose=Kallen (?)

Redangelran=

Moonlight Magician=Lloyd

JustaL=

conankoibito=

Sherlock Lupin=

Parkur (?)=

Moho (?)=

P.S.--I'm inserting MKK as Cheese-kun, although he knows absolutely nothing about Code Geass.

Let's fill 'er up! Also, if you happen to know any other CG fans here, kindly include their names.

Whats that ( ? ) for? <_<

challenge-accepted.png

XD I laughed so hard! LOL. First off though.... Did you read my 800-word rant?

As I doubt you've had, here:

Fine... I'll just start off with a chronological description of Suzaku as I see him then. *takes deep breath*

The Japan Suzaku grew up in was a Japan he was proud of. It was a country that was strong, emanated with power, and was simply perfect through his eyes, then the eyes of a child. His days were spent in temples surrounded by blooming sakuras, training with his sensei, Tohdoh, striving to make himself a worthy heir to the noble name of Kururugi.

And then Britannia starts making an influence, or at least, Suzaku becomes aware of the empire's desire for Japan, a prime source of Sakuradite, the most valued element in the world. He hates them for beginning to steal away his home, and when Lelouch shows up, he has no mercy for this Britannian prince who has invaded his world and country, a pathetic part of that cursed country that was starting to tear up all he had ever known.

But unexpectedly, he was able to become friends with this foreign prince and his blind sister, after learning that Lelouch was no different than he was, a equal, a friend in the war that was starting to break out around them. Suzaku's feelings for Japan, for the countless dying everyday causes him to confront his father, discovering the man he loved and idolized wishes to fight until there is nothing left of his beloved homeland but leftovers for scavengers like the Chinese Federation and the European Union. In a moment of naiveness, rashness, anger, and his sealed passion, he murders his father, tearing apart Japan's last hope of victory and essentially handing Japan to Britannia with his own hands.

It's quite obvious Suzaku did quite a bit of reflection in the years following, abandoning his pride as essentially a Japanese prince, throwing away the influence he could have made as a rebellion leader for the Japanese with his heritage alone to join the unthinkable- Britannia. And his loyalty to his adopted country has been shown too many times to count, and it's all in hope of achieving his farfetched dream of becoming the Knight of One, and obtaining Japan to govern and liberate from the cruelties forced upon them by former leaders. To leave his set path and walk the other way showed bravery and determination towards what he believed was right, gaining the new world through peace instead of war, to lead it from its destructive state to how it was before chaos erupted, a naive wish, but one he worked hard to accomplish.

As an Honorary Britannian, it was likely he'd be stuck in the lowly position of Warrant Officer had it not been for his chance encounter with Lelouch in the Shinjukj ghetto, and his unfortunate(yet lucky!) injury which led him to pilot Lloyd's creation, the Lancelot. However, soon after, he is accused of being Clovis' murderer, tortured, beaten, silenced, anything that would get him to declare himself guilty.

But in this dilemma he stood strong against both Britannia and Zero, separating himself from the latter, and placing himself in the hands of a nation that cared less for him than they would for an insect, realizing which one he could create a better future out of. And hardly a week later, he defended the very man that attempted to sentence him to death from the Purist faction, a show of his magnificent loyalty that beats all odds.

I won't go too far into his relationship with Euphy other than simply stating that he fell in love with her, and that they had been prepared to face the future together when Lelouch was forced to kill her, taking away the person who had become someone to live for, another loss for him. His hatred for Zero is hardly unwarranted- what would Lelouch do if Nunnally was murdered in front of his eyes? He wouldn't very likely sit around and cry about it, right? He'd get out there and avenge her, the demon of revenge as he mercilessly took down his enemy. So why does everybody treat Suzaku's hatred of Zero as a sin of some sort? It's only expected, and Suzaku fully deserved the opportunity to take down Euphy's killer.

In fact, that he hesitated at all in attacking Lelouch, that he brought him to the Emperor instead of killing him outright is pretty admirable. With Suzaku's impetuous nature and generally brash actions, it must have taken all of his self-control to keep from killing his best friend, a man who betrayed him, lied to him and the world. To exchange Lelouch for a promotion may have been a despicable act of the circumstances were not put in play, but they were.

Why should he look upon Lelouch as anything less than an enemy? He's a threat to Britannia, a liar, a backhanded trickster who never fights fair, a cold-blooded killer, and I could go on and on about Lelouch and his shortcomings, but I think you get the point. Combined with Suzaku's ultimate dream and the hatred he held for Zero, Lelouch's alter ego, the exchange was a wise one, one that showed his desire to help Japan, even if it meant sacrificing his closest friend, though, his closest friend had just betrayed him, so there's not much more to that end of the story.

R2 I'll bring up sometime later (when you start bringing up attacks to that front), so, lemme say a little bit about Nunnally in R2. (because in R1, she's essentially a character only there to give Lelouch a reason to fight.)

Nunnally's entire contact with Lelouch, her older brother, her most beloved person, is severed after she is kidnapped by V.V., and in this time, she's been thinking a lot about her position in the world and her ability to change it.

Her decision is to volunteer to become the new governor of Area 11 after the governor was killed by Zero. (or how my brother and I put it 'crushed by a building and then went boom!') When she talks to Zero while being transported to Area 11, it is clear she doesn't support him at all, saying a world born from violence and hatred will only lead to death and destruction. Her resolution is to develop a fair, good world, where discrimination has been eliminated, where all men stand equal. Her resolution is to revive the Specially-Administrated Zone of Japan.

After Euphy's massacre, this is probably a stupid idea- who is to say such a horrific catastrophe won't be repeated? Nunnally must know this- she understands the limits of her abilities and has most likely discussed it with others, AKA Suzaku and perhaps Schniezel, who must have given her a cautious 'okay.' Despite the possible violent reaction of the Numbers, Nunnally goes through with creating the Zone, promising a better life for all who wished to join- even Zero and the Black Knights were invited. (and I have no doubt she'd keep her word on creating better lives.)

It is also clear in Zero's attack of the flagship that her relationship with Suzaku has somewhat filled the gaping hole Lelouch's absence has created, proven by her desperate cries for Suzaku, and his gentle comfort of 'Don't be scared, Nunnally. I've got you.' (I like seeing Nunnally and Suzaku as foster brother and sister... That's kind of how they started anyways.) 

And... Um... I'll give more after my brother and I watch R2. (because I forget some of the chronological details involving Nunnally.) But for now... Counter this. 

Oh, my thesis statement for Nunnally is as follows: Nunnally's actions show just as much caring and kindness as Euphy, and her sacrifices later on show determination equal to Suzaku, and her desire to take the sin of Damocles shows her will to change the world, not inferior to Lelouch's own. Nunnally is a sweet, caring sister who is humble, cares for others before herself, and is always willing to take on any task she can do to benefit the world as a whole. 

So... Ready to counter, Chels? I expect a rant back. :3

When Suzaku first met Lelouch and Nunally when they were little kids, he was horrified when he found out Nunally was blind. Then he ran away without saying anything more, leaving Lelouch beaten up. Jerk.

Suzaku lied to Euphemia about her plan working.

Euphemia slows them all down and tries to make a change in the world naively. Very naively.

Nunally and Euphemia are both used by Schneizel... Pretty much. They're NAIVE. Suzaku too!

Nunally is selfish in a few things I've read.

This is why I'm not in Debate Club at school...

When Suzaku first met Lelouch and Nunally when they were little kids, he was horrified when he found out Nunally was blind. Then he ran away without saying anything more, leaving Lelouch beaten up. Jerk.

Euphemia slows them all down and tries to make a change in the world naively. Very naively.

Nunally and Euphemia are both used by Schneizel... Pretty much. They're NAIVE. Suzaku too!

1. Suzaku was obviously mad that a Britannian Prince had the nerve to show up at his home, and besides, Britannia was starting to tear up everything he loved. Lelouch was a living symbol of what he hated, and just from hearing Lelouch talking, he immediately thought of Lelouch as a liar, and took out his anger on him. But Suzaku does have a soft spot, and the moment he realizes Nunnally is blind, he is horrifically ashamed of himself, and unable to say anything, he runs out to think again about the pair, wallowing in guilt as he does. This is his first step to accepting Britannia.

2. Suzaku lied to Euphy that her plan was working. Lelouch lied to Nunnally about how their new house in Japan was beautiful, with large windows and bright coloring. They both did to make someone they loved happier. Why should Suzaku have told the truth? Euphy was obviously about to pass away right in front of him, and she was already in suffering. Why ruin her last moments, his last moments with her, by telling her about all the murder she had just carried out, the dreams she had crushed? That would be cruel and inhumane, an action that not even Lelouch would use had he been next to Euphy on her deathbed instead of Suzaku. They were white lies, lies only to make Euphy's last moments happy ones, to seal her memory with smiles, to fill in the horror with joy and hope instead. (oh god, Chelsea, you're making me cry just thinking this much about Euphy's death. Not to mention I had a runny nose already.)

3. The SAZ in theory is a marvelous plan, granting numbers a priviledge to live as equals in a land they can call their own. It was a good way to change the world. The other Areas, had it not been for the tragedy, would have eventually followed in its footsteps, and would have led to harmony between all of Britannia. They would be able to maintain the healthy economical (I'll go a bit into that in a second) relationship necessary to Japan, not be in war, and live side by side in harmonious cooperation. The economical viewpoint is something I really think should be factored into the rebellion. Britannia fuels the economy of Area 11, provides funding, and is essential to Area 11. From stats (I forget where I read this), approximately 1/3 of the citizens are Britannian. What would happen to them if the takeover were successful? How would Japan support itself without the help of Britannia? (Britannia could threaten the EU and CF into not helping if necessary?) By incorporating Japan into Britannia, you maintain the economy beneficial for a country, keep military support in case of attack, and

receive all the things necessary to keep itself running. As far as discrimination goes, it's obvious that Euphy possesses none of it, and with her kind nature and a withdrawal from the Black Knights, the SAZ could have easily made the world a better place. And while I do agree Euphy is naïve, her determination and thoughtfulness for others surely show she only has the best intentions, and with cooperation, I believe her plans truly would have worked. (because as Lelouch discovered in the end, the future lay in not liberating (or in other terms, separating), but uniting the world. Which was a point Euphy and Suzaku realized from the very beginning.

4. Suzaku is indeed naïve. But only a pure heart like his can truly yearn, hope, and work for a future as he desires. Lelouch has already seen so many things, and as the anime shows, while he strives for a greater future, he already knows the perfect one does not exist. This acts as his strength, while Suzaku's ignorance acts as his, giving him determination, strength, and hope even in the darkest of times. As far as being used by Schniezel(Suzaku couldn't have even been that important to Schniezel... At least not until R2... Um... Hmm... *thinks* Schniezel... *draws a blank* Dang it.) .... Allow me to get back to you on that one. I can't remember Schniezel being involved with Suzaku except when Schniezel had him tracked to locate Lelpuch. Unless that's what you were talking about. All I can say to that is: "Good work, Schniezel!" (and '******, Lelouch got away.... D:<' <- My actual reaction.)

Umm... 5? (I'm on my itouch. Hard to scroll and hard to find things.) Nunnally is selfish. Humans are selfish. Nunnally wants to be with Lelouch, because he is just about the only thing in her life, her only family, her dearest friend, her helper, the one who'll take care of her when she's sick, comfort her when she's afraid, the one who loves her with her whole heart and will do anything to protect her. Who wouldn't want to be near a person who cares for you like that? From this logic, Lelouh can be considered selfish when he throws away the Black Knights (I'm really tempted to just write Kurokishi...) for Nunnally. Humans are selfish. Some more than others, some less. But at the core, we are very selfish creatures. What I've seen of Nunnally has not indicated her to be part of the former. She is in the middle.

So... How was that for a counterattack? :3 It takes forever to type this on an itouch... ... Especially when I can't remember what you were debating. XD (you have a debate club at your school? LUCKY! My school doesn't have one! Debates like this are my only practice! Which is why I love 'em so much.) XD This was such a short rant...

D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:

HOW IS THAT A SHORT RANT? YOU'RE KILLING ME, AYA-CHAN. JUST LIKE SUZAKU KILLED LELOUCH, YOU'RE KILLING ME. (BAD ANALOGY, BUT I DON'T CARE).

And I must go... STUPID MATH.

D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:

HOW IS THAT A SHORT RANT? YOU'RE KILLING ME, AYA-CHAN. JUST LIKE SUZAKU KILLED LELOUCH, YOU'RE KILLING ME. (BAD ANALOGY, BUT I DON'T CARE).

And I must go... STUPID MATH.

It's a short rant because the whole post was shorter than my first Suzaku rant. :V What time is it for you? I thought you lived in Eastern Time. (and therefore wouldn't be doing math at 11PM. :V)

Aww...debating is so much fun!!!

1. Suzaku was obviously mad that a Britannian Prince had the nerve to show up at his home, and besides, Britannia was starting to tear up everything he loved. Lelouch was a living symbol of what he hated, and just from hearing Lelouch talking, he immediately thought of Lelouch as a liar, and took out his anger on him. But Suzaku does have a soft spot, and the moment he realizes Nunnally is blind, he is horrifically ashamed of himself, and unable to say anything, he runs out to think again about the pair, wallowing in guilt as he does. This is his first step to accepting Britannia.

2. Suzaku lied to Euphy that her plan was working. Lelouch lied to Nunnally about how their new house in Japan was beautiful, with large windows and bright coloring. They both did to make someone they loved happier. Why should Suzaku have told the truth? Euphy was obviously about to pass away right in front of him, and she was already in suffering. Why ruin her last moments, his last moments with her, by telling her about all the murder she had just carried out, the dreams she had crushed? That would be cruel and inhumane, an action that not even Lelouch would use had he been next to Euphy on her deathbed instead of Suzaku. They were white lies, lies only to make Euphy's last moments happy ones, to seal her memory with smiles, to fill in the horror with joy and hope instead. (oh god, Chelsea, you're making me cry just thinking this much about Euphy's death. Not to mention I had a runny nose already.)

3. The SAZ in theory is a marvelous plan, granting numbers a priviledge to live as equals in a land they can call their own. It was a good way to change the world. The other Areas, had it not been for the tragedy, would have eventually followed in its footsteps, and would have led to harmony between all of Britannia. They would be able to maintain the healthy economical (I'll go a bit into that in a second) relationship necessary to Japan, not be in war, and live side by side in harmonious cooperation. The economical viewpoint is something I really think should be factored into the rebellion. Britannia fuels the economy of Area 11, provides funding, and is essential to Area 11. From stats (I forget where I read this), approximately 1/3 of the citizens are Britannian. What would happen to them if the takeover were successful? How would Japan support itself without the help of Britannia? (Britannia could threaten the EU and CF into not helping if necessary?) By incorporating Japan into Britannia, you maintain the economy beneficial for a country, keep military support in case of attack, and

receive all the things necessary to keep itself running. As far as discrimination goes, it's obvious that Euphy possesses none of it, and with her kind nature and a withdrawal from the Black Knights, the SAZ could have easily made the world a better place. And while I do agree Euphy is naïve, her determination and thoughtfulness for others surely show she only has the best intentions, and with cooperation, I believe her plans truly would have worked. (because as Lelouch discovered in the end, the future lay in not liberating (or in other terms, separating), but uniting the world. Which was a point Euphy and Suzaku realized from the very beginning.

4. Suzaku is indeed naïve. But only a pure heart like his can truly yearn, hope, and work for a future as he desires. Lelouch has already seen so many things, and as the anime shows, while he strives for a greater future, he already knows the perfect one does not exist. This acts as his strength, while Suzaku's ignorance acts as his, giving him determination, strength, and hope even in the darkest of times. As far as being used by Schniezel(Suzaku couldn't have even been that important to Schniezel... At least not until R2... Um... Hmm... *thinks* Schniezel... *draws a blank* Dang it.) .... Allow me to get back to you on that one. I can't remember Schniezel being involved with Suzaku except when Schniezel had him tracked to locate Lelpuch. Unless that's what you were talking about. All I can say to that is: "Good work, Schniezel!" (and '******, Lelouch got away.... D:<' <- My actual reaction.)

Umm... 5? (I'm on my itouch. Hard to scroll and hard to find things.) Nunnally is selfish. Humans are selfish. Nunnally wants to be with Lelouch, because he is just about the only thing in her life, her only family, her dearest friend, her helper, the one who'll take care of her when she's sick, comfort her when she's afraid, the one who loves her with her whole heart and will do anything to protect her. Who wouldn't want to be near a person who cares for you like that? From this logic, Lelouh can be considered selfish when he throws away the Black Knights (I'm really tempted to just write Kurokishi...) for Nunnally. Humans are selfish. Some more than others, some less. But at the core, we are very selfish creatures. What I've seen of Nunnally has not indicated her to be part of the former. She is in the middle.

So... How was that for a counterattack? :3 It takes forever to type this on an itouch... ... Especially when I can't remember what you were debating. XD (you have a debate club at your school? LUCKY! My school doesn't have one! Debates like this are my only practice! Which is why I love 'em so much.) XD This was such a short rant...

Now I like this...

And THIS is my side:

Code_Geass_chibi_by_LuckyAlis.jpg

• Upvote 1