Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

Quote Factory

I admit, I really miss how things used to be. But I can also admit, that I've accepted the fact that things changed.

It's beautiful when two strangers become best friends, it's terribly depressing when two best friends become strangers.

I don't put my faith or trust in anyone anymore. After a while you just get tired of being disappointed constantly.

so true.

"If Jesus Christ were to come today, people would not even crucify him. They would ask him to dinner, and hear what he had to say, and make fun of it."

Something on FB:

My status:

"For those with no hope, believing in false hope is better than having no hope at all."

An acquaintance's comment:

"Abandon hope. Hope is just a distraction... - Avatar The Last Airbender Book 2 Chapter 12 Serpent's Pass"

My answer:

"Telling someone to abandon hope is like making them forget about who they are, who they want to become. Hope helps us become better people. It helps us hold on to our dreams, to what we believe in. It helps us see the good in this dark world, the good in other people. Hope is the light that shines over our otherwise dark path. "Abandon hope", don't ever say nor quote such sad words again."

"We choose how we see people. When we want to like someone, we can be tolerant. When we want to be irritated by people, we focus on their faults. It's not other people's behavior that determines how we feel about them, it's our attitude!"

"If you want to measure your accomplishments through physiology, do not look at your face in the mirror and judge whether you are attractive. Take a look at your hands; if there are calluses, you have worked hard and could be of great help to another human being in need. If they are smooth, even, and clean, you have taken good care of yourself and can look forward to what you will accomplish in your present and future determination. If you see colorful nails, tattoos, or a form of writing or drawing, creativity will earn you admiration in it's purest form. And if you wear a ring upon the third finger of your left hand, you have someone to whom you bring joy greater than many know. Do not scorn or take for granted what you have, for it will soon belong to someone who appreciates it."

~ Lauren Olson. (me)

• Upvote 2