Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Disappearing letters murder case (781-???)

Wakamatsu family's cases...  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who sent the note to Heiji? (can now multivote)

• The murderer of Wakamatsu Kouhei
    • The murderer of Wakamatsu Ikurou
    • Both 1 and 2 because they are the same person.
    • Wakamatsu Ikurou
    • One of the other (innocent) suspects who wants the mystery solved
    • Someone else
    • Wakamatsu Kouhei's ghost
    • An option not listed above that I will mention in the comments
    • I am not ready to vote yet
    • More than one person
    • Wakamatsu Serika (43) : Victim's wife
    • Shiina Masashige (56): Design company senior managing director
    • Fujinami Sumio (30): Design company chief designer and football head
    • Satake Yoshimi (32): Victim's Secretary
    • Yonehara Sakurako (23): Housekeeper
    • I'm not sure
  2. 2. Who was the culprit behind the poisoning of Wakamatsu Ikurou?

• Wakamatsu Serika (43) : Victim's wife
    • Someone else
    • It was an accident
    • It was really a suicide
    • More than one person
    • I'm not sure
  3. 3. Who was the culprit behind Wakamatsu Serika's death?

• Wakamatsu Ikurou (25): Kouhei's son
    • Someone else
    • She poisoned herself accidentally
    • It was really a suicide
    • More than one person
    • I'm not sure

Spoilers about the upcoming chapter were originally posted on DCTP by Fujiwara. They have been copied here for your convenience.

Heiji receives a letter from Wakamatsu, the preseident of a design

company and an aquaintance of his (Heijis) mother. The content of the letter was from the murderer who killed Wakamatsu.

He wants to meet Heiji and confess his crime, but 'there's the problem of being seen at your home. I am a warped existance made by mankind ...

I'm an illusion that cannot be seen fair and square ... If you want to meet, it will have to be on the night of the next full moon. I will wait at the house of the killed man.'

At the end of the letter there's Wakamatsu's address and the key of his house.

Kazuha went to that house with her friends and saw a creepy person with long hair in the bathtub, but suddenly the light went on and off and then a piece of paper with the words "What disappeared was merely my flesh ... do not mind the letters (of the alphabet)" was in the bathtub.

Next to the person sitting on the wall of the bathtub "EYE" had been engraved, but that,too has disappeared.

Wakamatsu was also stabbed to death in the bathtub. There had been blood on the tip of his fingers, thus a dying message should have been there, but it had disappeared. (It could be seen that a tile had been switched, so it was obvious how the message had disappeared.)

The five of them go to Wakamatsu's house. (Sera also wanted to go, but Heiji told Conan to be smart and refuse).

At Wakamatsu's house there are his wife and son, the managing director, the chief designer, the secretary and a maid.

The son dies after eating the Baumkuchen (a sort of layered cake) that the managing director brought. The chief had tasted it first and said he didn't need it. The maid, who was the first to discover the victim cut the Baumkuchen. The secretary had distributed the black tea to everyone.

Prior poll votes:

How creepy do you think this case is?

Creepy (3 votes [30.00%])

Somewhat creepy (3 votes [30.00%])

Tame (1 votes [10.00%])

I'm totally immune (3 votes [30.00%])

Who was the culprit behind Wakamatsu Kouhei's death?

Wakamatsu Ikurou (25): Kouhei's son (5 votes [45.45%])

Wakamatsu Serika (43) : Kouhei's wife (1 votes [9.09%])

Shiina Masashige (56): Design company senior managing director (0 votes [0.00%])

Fujinami Sumio (30): Design company chief designer and football head (1 votes [9.09%])

Satake Yoshimi (32): Victim's Secretary (2 votes [18.18%])

Yonehara Sakurako (23): Housekeeper (0 votes [0.00%])

Someone else (0 votes [0.00%])

It was an accident (0 votes [0.00%])

It was really a suicide (0 votes [0.00%])

I am not ready to vote yet (2 votes [18.18%])

More than one person (0 votes [0.00%])

if sera does not go, what will her plans be before they come back

*nods*

oohh.. I'm looking forward to this one *grin*

I, for some reason, can't figure out any of the letter without resorting to supernatural meanings, I've been reading way too many fantasy books recently...

Spoiler tagged for safety...

HEIJI!!! YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS OF SERA!!! >.< BWAHAHAHAHA!!

Don't you notice that Sera is always on DC latest chapters..but disappears anonymously?? (LOL at myself!)

-WELL..i'm looking forward for the next chapter!! why heiji don't want sera in?? its just intriguing..

To be honest, I want to see more of Sera in the chapters.

I like LOVE Haibara and all but, Sera just got my interest just like how Haibara got mine at first.

Maybe Gosho does not want to "spoil" some parts about Sera early in the chapters...

or he could be relating this case to Sera in some way like he always did with Eisuke...

or he might have ran out of ideas, but he is always full of ideas so I don't think that is it...

or it might not be related at all.

Gosho's next moves are always... interesting, yet suspicious. If you know what I mean. :P

I've seen the Chinese, and it's not as creepy as I would have hoped. There are five suspects though, so either this case is going to get serial or Gosho is going to break tradition. It's too early to tell about the cake murder because not enough info is available. We are going to need to know where the poison was found (on his hands or in the cake?) because the guy may have had his hands poisoned before touching the cake.

It's possible some progress will be made on the riddle - which incidentally reminds me of something Kaitou Kid would have wrote. Eye and the homophonous letter "I" may be related. Maybe the wordplay won't be so bad this time around. *crosses fingers*

The maid reminded me of the disguise Kaito Kid used in the Iron Tanuki case.

Detective Conan isn't creepy at all.

Now if it was Kindaichi.... ok that is creepy in some cases.

@Chekhov McGuffin

I want to read it so baddd~~~~ DX

About the poisoned cake... well... if you say so, maybe it is hard to tell yet.

Maybe it's related to an 'I'tem. lol I'm kidding...

I love word plays but I don't really think that's what it is for.

hmmm.... I don't know... I need more clue... or I have to read it my self. :P

Maybe it could be related to how it is written or something like some other case did... uhh... I can't think -.-;;

I'm bad at remembering stuff...

but of course, Kaito kid is not involved... is he? :mellow:

Edited by Anti-APTX4869

Just read the file~! Hmm... did Hattori say whereabouts the house is 'cause I want to know which officer will be turning up. It would have been ideal with no officers, but it looks like that's not gonna happen...

Due to mystery fiction a recently read, I suspect the word EYE to be some meaningful lines and then someone add other lines in it too make it read EYE.

That just a hunch, and I often right wrong. :grin:

But I take interest in those tea blend. Why so specific?

Hmm, obviously now is too early to tell, but who says you can't have fun speculating~ *sing songs*

Huh. I didn't realize that the "Eyes on me . . . ?" thing on the cover was written in English in the original Japanese scans. That's strange. Are we supposed to make something out of it? A pun on "private eye"? Does Gosho even write these things? Hmm.

What's up with the obsession with full moons these days? There's the silver bullet thing (aka werewolves - now that I think about it, that seems to be what the BO people refer to themselves (File 599)), and Kid is described as the "Full Moon Thief", and that Halloween party hosted by Vermouth was done under the full moon, too, right? And then there's that Mystery Magazine interview spoiler about Kid and Conan . . . Though I don't personally think that the BO is involved here, or Kaito Kid for that matter. I am bothered with how often full moons pop up in the series . . . hmmmmmm. Is this a clue, or a red herring? I don't know~~~ *shrugs*

Back to the actual case at hand . . . the culprit is the dude/tte with the long hair, who disappeared in the bathroom, right? Right?? I can't think of any other possibilities . . . unless the culprit picked up some random hobo and made him sleep and put him into the bathroom, or something. I do wonder why the culprit or whoever invited Heiji into the manor? What was the point? To mislead Heiji about who the culprit is?? If anything, the visit gave more clues to Heiji, not less. The culprit must have intended to lay some sort of trap, but what was it?? Hmm.

@User4869 Ha ha, me too. Look at where the whole I-hope-Sera-will-stick-around-in-this-chapter! thing got me. I do agree that the EYE thing is meant to be misleading, though! I have the same ~gut feeling~, ha ha.

I wikipedia'ed that tea blend, actually, ha ha. Apparently it's not sold in the UK anymore, and it's actually some sort of Chinese blend originally. MAYBE THIS IS MORE CLUE THAT SERA'S MOTHER IS MRS. KINGSTON, WHO IS A ROYALTY IN WALES, WHO HAS A CHINESE RELATIVE?? Lol I dunno.

i think i figured how the culprit managed to get the president's son poisoned without having to worry about anyone else who might have eaten the cake.... lets see... the cake is the poison the tea is the potion. since only the son didn't take the tea. sounds familiar? :D

about the words disappearing. hurmm... at first, it was blood, then it fade, but there was no luminol reaction. next is carvings, which are impossible to erase. maybe its just like what kogorou said... the culprit changed the tiles... how do you change them that fast?? i'm betting there is an optical illusion here... such as the carvings and the blood was actually done on papers and then taken off... papers huh... maybe the designer... but who knows?

sadly, this has nothing to do with kid T.T because its a murder...

Y'know, as long as no one other than the culprit knows English (pretty likely considering it's Japan) they could just do the Stroop test on them all to find out which one knows English and that one would probably be the culprit. If they just asked the culprit could lie so they should ask them and then do the Stroop test to catch them out. Probably not gonna happen though...

About 'EYE' all I can think of at the moment is Eye = I = Ai...

Perhaps the 'blood' was left by the murderer and it wasn't blood but just water? And the poisoning, it's probably a habit of the guy who ate the cake. EYE. 眼睛。。。 I'm clueless...