The Other Perpetrator
|Title:||The Other Perpetrator|
|Japanese title:||もう一人の犯人 |
(Mō Hitori no Hannin)
|Original release:||February 2nd, 1994|
|Shōnen Sunday issue:||#9/1994|
|Anime adaption:||Episode 2: Company President's Daughter Kidnapping Case|
|English title:||The Other Perpetrator|
|English release:||September 7, 2004|
|Prev chapter:||« The Sixth Smokestack|
|Next chapter:||From Third-Rate to Great Detective »|
|List of chapters|
The Other Perpetrator (もう一人の犯人 Mō Hitori no Hannin) is the fifth chapter of the manga of Detective Conan. It was written by Gosho Aoyama, drawn by him and his assistants and first released in Shōnen Sunday #9/1994 on February 2nd, 1994 and later on reprinted as part of Volume 1 on June 18th, 1994.
In order of appearance:
In order of introduction:
- Australia (Mentioned)
In order of appearance:
- Futatsubashi Middle School
- Tani residence (Flashback)
- Unnamed hotel Akiko Tani stayed at (Flashback)
- Mouri Detective Agency (Mentioned)
Conan Edogawa, still getting beaten up by the kidnapper, gets unexpected help by Jumbo, who went back to the Tani residence and returns to the Futatsubashi Middle School, first bringing Ran Mouri with him, who makes short work of the culprit with her karate skills. All seems well that ends well, Mr. Asou and Akiko Tani explain the situation to her father, Kogoro is proud of himself and Conan is allowed to move into the Mouri Detective Agency.
- This chapter is a direct continuation of File 4 and it's still the same evening/night as in chapters 1-4.
- Fifth chapter of the so-called "Conan Arc", a fan-coined term.
- The Heisei Holmes (Manga: File 1): Conan Edogawa thinks about the moment one of the men in black gave him the poison again when sitting in the taxi at the end of the chapter.
- The Tani family's name is taken from Gosho Aoyama's assistant Yutaka Tani.
- Mr. Asou's, the Tani family's butler, name is also taken from an assistant of Gosho, in this case Keiji Asou.
Real Life Models
Futatsubashi Middle School
- Google Maps Hitotsubashi Junior High School: 2 Chome-6-14 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 101-0003, Japan (35°41'39"N 139°45'24"E)
- Google Maps: Bunkyo City, Tokyo 113-0032, Japan
Shōnen Sunday Q&A
Every issue of the Shōnen Sunday features a question asked by the magazine to the manga artists featured in it. The one accompanying this chapter was:
Something that you are particular about, that you cannot miss doing is that
"Furniture must absolutely be unified in black."
(Translation by justwantanaccount)
- This is the first time Ran Mouri knocks out a culprit with her incredible karate skills.
- The skyscraper in the background at the end of the chapter resembles the real Sunshine 60 in the Toshima Ward a bit again Gosho Aoyama lived close to until around the start of Detective Conan. A similar building appears in the second half of Yaiba and during early Detective Conan (including the Omakes) a lot in background shots.
|Chapters of Volume 1|
|Chapter 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9|