The Moonlight Sonata Murder
|Title:||The Moonlight Sonata Murder|
|Japanese title:||ピアノソナタ「月光」殺人事件 |
(Piano Sonata "Gekkō" Satsujin Jiken)
|Original airdate:||March 6, 2021 (Part 1) |
March 13, 2021 (Part 2)
|Broadcast rating:||7.2% (Part 1) |
8.2% (Part 2)
|Manga source:||Volume 7: Files 2-7 (062-067)|
|Cast:||Conan Edogawa |
|Case solved by:||Kogoro Mouri (via Conan)|
|Next Conan's Hint:||Tsukikage Island (Part 1) |
Piano (Part 2)
|Director:||Yasuichiro Yamamoto |
|Episode director:||1000: Akira Yosimura |
1001: Yasuichiro Yamamoto
|Animation director:||Masatomo Sudo (Chief) |
Kazunori Ozawa (effects)
|Character Design:||Hiroshi Ogawa (design works) |
|Opening song:||ZERO kara Hajimete|
|Prev episode:||« Troublesome Kindness|
|Next episode:||Beika Shopping District Dust Mystery »|
|List of episodes|
Kogoro recieved a strange letter from a man named Keiji Asoh, asking him to investigate something on Tsukikage Island. Kogoro, Conan, and Ran go to the island to only discover that Keiji Asoh had died twelve years ago.
They then meet Narumi Asai, who told them where to meet the mayor. At the community center, they discovered a room with a piano, where the former mayor was found dead two years ago.
While the group are waiting outside, suddenly the first movement of Moonlight Sonata is played, and Hideo Kawashima was found dead in the piano room.
Conan then realized that the murder will happened again, and they decide to sleep at the piano room, along with the policeman and Narumi Asai.
Megure arrived the next day and start intrograting the suspect. While intrograting Reiko, the second movement of Moonlight Sonata is played, and Tatsuji Kuriowa was found dead at the broadcasting room.
Conan realised that the music sheet left with the victims are codes. The old policeman then revealed that Keiji Asoh left some music sheets in his safe. While they are trying to unlock the community center storage room, Conan heard a sound coming from piano room. He then saw a suspicious person checking below the piano. Conan try to chase the person, but the person ran away. Conan tripped and found Shuichi Murasawa unconsious on the floor.
Not long after that, Ken Nishimoto is found hanged in the storage room, along with music sheets.
After looking at Keiji Asoh's last music sheets, Conan realized who is the culprit.
Manga to reboot changes
- Because the case consists of six manga chapters and being adapted into two episodes, there are some alterations to the case:
- Some scene are removed:
- Narumi's explanation about the mayor candidates.
- Conan's early deduction that the culprit might be a man.
- People's anger after the first case.
- Narumi's discussion with Kogoro, Conan, and Ran while going back to the inn.
- Kogoro running back to the crime scene after realizing that the murders aren't over yet.
- Narumi, Kogoro, and the policeman's discussion about Kameyama's death.
- A suspicious person peeking through the window, followed by Conan and Kogoro chasing that person.
- Megure questioning people's alibis after the second murder.
- Nishimoto's reaction towards Keiji Asoh's last music sheets.
- Some of the suspects' backstory.
- Megure retelling the events of the case.
- Megure playing the third movement of the Moonlight Sonata recordings.
- The moment where Conan tranquilizes Kogoro.
- Some bits of dialogue are removed:
- People's dialogues while Conan is running to the piano room.
- Hirata mentioning that the piano plays itself.
- People's dialogue about who Kogoro is.
- The dialogues about who left the main room after Kawashima.
- Megure's dialogue about guarding the building.
- Kogoro's explanation about the remaining suspects to be interrogated.
- Kogoro's question about who might attacked Murasawa and Reiko's answer.
- The tension between characters and their emotions are less intense compared to the manga.
- Ran notices that the music sheets are strange just by looking at them, and plays the sheets to prove it. In the manga, she recognized it while playing the sheet.
- Megure is being shown hearing the second movement of Moonlight Sonata recording, while in the manga he just claims to have heard it.
- Conan just recognized the drugs by simply looking at it. In the manga, he recognized it by licking it.
Original version to reboot changes
- Officer Tome's cameo is omitted, while four metropolitan police detectives are added in.
- The eyes of the victims are all closed instead of open, probably to make it less scary for the viewers.
- In the first anime version, the election car's announcement is made by a woman, voiced by Yukiko Iwai, while in the reboot, the actor is changed for a man.
- During the end credits of episode 1001, there is a title card reads, "Special Thanks To everyone who loves Conan For the Next Mystery".
- Pianist Aimi Kobayashi plays the Moonlight Sonata in the episode.
|Episodes of Season 29|
|927 • 928 • 929 • 930 • 931 • 932 • 933 • 934 • 935 • 936 • 937 • 938 • 939 • 940 • 941 • 942 • 943 • 944 • 945 • 946 • 947 • 948 • 949 • 950 • 951 • 952 • 953 • 954 • 955 • 956 • 957 • 958 • 959 • 960 • 961 • 962 • 963 • 964 • 965 • 966 • 967 • 968 • 969 • 970 • 971 • 972 • 973 • 974 • 975 • 976 • 977 • 978 • 979 • 980 • 981 • 982 • 983 • 984 • 985 • 986 • 987 • 988 • 989 • 990 • 991 • 992 • 993 • 994 • 995 • 996 • 997 • 998 • 999 • 1000 • 1001 • 1002|