The Devil of the TV Station
Yoko takes the Detective Boys and Professor Agasa to a TV studio for a tour, though they're a bit disappointed when they can't go to the Kamen Yaiba studio. When they run into Satan Onizuka, the vocalist for a visual kei rock band who's there for a TV show, they're scared at first and pass him up. However, they decide to search for his room to get his autograph anyway since Mitsuhiko recalls that his older sister Asami is a huge fangirl of Satan's band.
In his room, Satan speaks to his manager and asks him for some food from three specific restaurants and a mirror to replace the broken one in the room itself. They also talk about a huge fight between Satan and the president of his production company, Tenji Urushihara, and Satan says he'll need the mirror soon to take off his make up, since he needs to catch a nap due to his lack of sleep after the scuffle.
In the meantime, the children and Professor Agasa look for Satan's dressing room. A little later, a Satan without make-up and with a raincoat over his clothes meets with Urushihara and, after a chat, stabs him to death with a knife.
Few later, The Detective Boys find Satan Onizuka's room and meet Satan who is somehow back in full make up, who forgives them for the impasse and gives them an autograph. Ayumi notes some origami birds on Satan's table and is delighted, with Satan even teasing the kids a little about it. Soon after, however, Urushihara's corpse is found by an employee and the police arrive at the station.
The police suspect the murderer to be Satan, due to his recent fight with the victim. Satan retorts that, with his make up and costume, it would have been impossible to leave his room without being noticed. Since there is still no mirror in Satan's dressing room, it would be impossible to put on his make up and they cannot charge him with the murder. Conan still suspects Satan as the murderer, and he decides to find out how did he pull such a difficult trick.
Manga to anime changes
- The anime version starts at night with Satan Onizuka in his beautiful penthouse, being told by Urushihara through the phone that his performance is canceled. Satan tries to object but it told that if he insists, he'll be sued. When Urushihara hangs up, an extremely angry Onizuka unsheaths a knife (the one used in the murder itself) and then throws it to the nearest wall.
- The manga version has Satan Onizuka's real face shown during his last talk with Urushihara. The anime, on the other hand, goes through quite the lengths to not show it clearly until the very end of the episode: first, it chooses to show his eyes and back in the above mentioned opening scene, and then focuses on his torso and hands during the pre-murder talk. And when there's a close-up to Satan's face right before he kills Urushihara, only his eyes are clearly seen.
- The manga version of the story takes place within the Clash of Red and Black storyline (between Hades and Coma) and has a scene with Conan and Haibara debating on the relation between Hidemi and Eisuke Hondou. The anime version, taking place before the storyline, replaces the scene with the Detective Boys introducing themselves to Waka Inoue and Azusa Yamamoto and interacting with them and Yoko.
- The anime includes an additional scene that has Conan, Ran and Kogoro watching the TV show recorded by Yoko, Waka and Azusa. Hilariously, Yoko loses the game show when she doesn't reply a question about Ranpo Edogawa and his detective Kogoro Akechi on time.
|0:05 - 1:51||古城のテーマ||Kojō no Tēma||The Old Castle's Theme||Detective Conan "The Last Wizard of the Century" Original Soundtrack|
|3:50 - 5:34||汐留||Shiodome||Shiodome||Detective Conan "Magician of the Silver Sky" Original Soundtrack|
|6:36 - 7:47||はずむ蘭||Hazumu Ran||Bouncing Ran||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|7:51 - 8:20||ミッドナイト・ステップ||Middonaito・Suteppu||Midnight Step||Detective Conan "Magician of the Silver Sky" Original Soundtrack|
|8:41 - 9:31||カギを探せ！||Kagi o Sagase!||Search for the Key!||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 4 ~Isoge! Shōnen Tanteidan~|
|12:47 - 13:12||トレジャー チルドレン B||Torejā Chirudoren B||Children's Treasure B||Detective Conan "Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure" Original Soundtrack|
|13:26 - 15:03||古城のテーマ||Kojō no Tēma||The Old Castle's Theme||Detective Conan "The Last Wizard of the Century" Original Soundtrack|
|15:11 - 15:43||トレジャー チルドレン B||Torejā Chirudoren B||Children's Treasure B||Detective Conan "Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure" Original Soundtrack|
|15:56 - 16:52||ミッドナイト・ステップ||Middonaito・Suteppu||Midnight Step||Detective Conan "Magician of the Silver Sky" Original Soundtrack|
|17:20 - 19:06||カギを探せ！||Kagi o Sagase!||Search for the Key!||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 4 ~Isoge! Shōnen Tanteidan~|
|19:19 - 19:37||現金輸送車(回想)||Genkin Yusōsha (Kaisō)||Bank Transport Vehicle (Flashback)||Detective Conan "The Private Eyes' Requiem" Original Soundtrack|
|19:55 - 20:37||暗殺者のテーマ─事件の予感||Ansatsusha no Tēma - Jiken no Yokan||Assassin's Theme - Foreboding Case||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|22:22 - 23:33||犯人のアジト （いよいよver.）||Hannin no Ajito (Iyoiyo ver.)||The Culprit's Hideout (More and More ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|24:10 - 24:33||緊迫||Kinpaku||Tension||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|24:50 - 25:35||陰謀||Inbō||Conspiracy||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|25:58 - 27:40||犯人のアジト （忍び込みver.)||Hannin no Ajito (Shinobikomi ver.)||The Culprit's Hideout (Creeping In ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|28:20 - 30:30||インターナショナル ケース(インシデント)||Intānashonaru Kēsu (Inshidento)||International Case (Incident)||Detective Conan "Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure" Original Soundtrack|
|30:40 - 31:40||推理１||Suiri 1||Deduction 1||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|31:57 - 32:17||ワッツ ハプニング||Wattsu Hapuningu||What's Happening||Detective Conan "Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure" Original Soundtrack|
|32:27 - 33:53||事件現場３||Jiken Genba 3||Scene of the Case 3||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|34:11 - 36:15||次のターゲット！||Tsugi no Tāgetto!||The Next Target!||Detective Conan "The Fourteenth Target" Original Soundtrack|
|36:49 - 38:16||対決のテーマ||Taiketsu no Tēma||Showdown Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|38:25 - 39:30||コナン推理||Konan Suiri||Conan's Deduction||Detective Conan "Countdown to Heaven" Original Soundtrack|
|39:39 - 40:19||名探偵コナン・メインテーマ||Meitantei Konan・Mein Tēma||Detective Conan Main Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|41:18 - 42:50||コナン組曲－Captured In Her Eyes||Konan Kumikyoku - Captured in Her Eyes||Conan Suite - Captured in Her Eyes||Detective Conan "Captured in Her Eyes" Original Soundtrack|
|43:31 - 44:32||「名探偵コナン」メイン・テーマ （バラードver.）||"Meitantei Konan" Mein・Tēma (Barādo ver.)||"Detective Conan" Main Theme (Ballad ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|45:59 - 47:03||蘭のテーマ （摩天楼ヴァージョン）||Ran no Tēma (Matenrō Vājon)||Ran's Theme (Skyscraper Version)||Detective Conan "The Time-Bombed Skyscraper" Original Soundtrack|
|47:06 - 47:28||陽気な仲間||Yōki na Nakama||Cheerful Friends||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 4 ~Isoge! Shōnen Tanteidan~|
- There is an animation error roughly 17-18 minutes in, where when Inamori is just starting to reach into the bag for the mirror, Satan Onizuka's body has a space between him and the frame, thus showing the background between his waist and the bottom edge.
- Satan Onizuka was voiced in the anime by the late actor, comedian and singer Yasuo Saitou, better known by his stage name Yakkun Sakurazuka.
In other languages
|Catalan (Catalan dub)||El dimoni dels estudis de televisió||The TV studio devil|
|Italian||Delitto agli studi televisivi||Crime at the TV studio|
|Thai||ปีศาจร้ายที่สถานีโทรทัศน์ (ตอนพิเศษ 1 ชั่วโมง)||Devil at the TV Station (1 Hour Special)|
|Episodes of Season 16|
|Episode 466 • 467 • 468 • 469 • 470 • 471 • 472 • 473 • 474 • 475 • 476 • 477 • 478 • 479 • 480 • 481 • 482 • 483 • 484 • 485 • 486 • 487 • 488 • 489 • 490|