The Crane's Return of a Favor Murder Case
|Title:||The Crane's Return of a Favor Murder Case|
|Japanese title:||鶴の恩返し殺人事件 |
(Tsuru no Ongaeshi Satsujin Jiken)
|Original airdate:||January 19, 1998 |
January 26, 2019 (Remastered version)
|Manga source:||TV Original|
|English title:||For the Birds|
|Dubbed episode:||Episode 90|
|Cast:||Conan Edogawa |
|Case solved by:||Kogoro Mouri (via Conan)|
|Next Conan's Hint:||Bird's nest |
Fireplace (Remastered version)
|Episode director:||Yasuichiro Yamamoto|
|Animation director:||Keiko Sasaki|
|Closing song:||Negai Goto Hitotsu Dake|
|Prev episode:||« The Kidnapping Location Case|
|Next episode:||Dracula's Villa Murder Case »|
|List of episodes|
Kogoro, Ran, and Conan take a trip to Kushiro marshland, Hokkaido Prefecture, to see the red-crowned cranes. They run into an old man who takes care of the cranes and he invites them to his house. At the house, the old man's daughter and son rush into the room demanding the reason why the old man is donating his life savings to the city. The group is allowed to soak in the hot spring near the house, but they are called to the house when they find out the old man has been murdered.
- The names of the characters in the Funimation Dub are:
- Shuzo Machida - Shane Mathison
- Tamotsu Machida - Tom Mathison
- Hiroshi Machida - Chad Mathison
- Noriko Machida - Lindsey Mathison
- Tatsuo Yamagami - Angus
- Detective Ezomatsu - Simpson
- Tatsuo Yamagami makes a brief cameo in Strategy Above the Depths.
- The title of this episode refers to The Crane's Return of a Favor (鶴の恩返し Tsuru no Ongaeshi), a famous Japanese folktale in which a young man rescues a crane after it has been attacked by hunters. The crane repays the man for his kindness by transforming into a woman, becoming the man's wife, and creating beautiful cloth from its feathers for the man to sell for money.
- This is the first episode that takes place in the Hokkaido Prefecture.
- Red Crested Cranes are nationally preserved, so you can only see them in Hokkaido.
- Hokkaido is the Northernmost Island of Japan.
- The Kushiro marshland sunset reappears in a painting in Suzuki ship, but with an inverted orientation, and in Yokosuka Castle from The Last Wizard of the Century, in Hotel Arimori from The Black Wings of Icarus, in a train from Conan, Kid, and the Crystal Mother, and in Kataoka house from The Kidnapper's Disappearing Getaway Car, but with an inverted orientation. Open spoiler box to see images.
|2||昼下がりの天使たち （摩天楼ヴァージョン）||Hirusagari no Tenshitachi (Mantenrō Vājon)||Early Afternoon Angels (Skyscraper ver.)||Detective Conan "The Time-Bombed Skyscraper" Original Soundtrack|
|3||蘭・愛のテーマ （ギターver.）||Ran・Ai no Tēma (Gitā ver.)||Ran's Love Theme (Guitar ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|4||謎解き （その１）||Nazotoki (Sono 1)||Riddle Solution (Part 1)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|5||悪のテーマ （パート２）||Aku no Tēma (Pāto 2)||Theme of Evil (Part 2)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|6||コナンの危機||Konan no Kiki||Conan's Crisis||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack Super Best|
|7||事件現場 （オリジナルver.）||Jiken Genba (Orijinaru ver.)||Scene of the Case (Original ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|8||西の名探偵 （摩天楼ヴァージョン）||Nishi no Meitantei (Mantenrō Vājon)||The Great Detective of the West (Skyscraper ver.)||Detective Conan "The Time-Bombed Skyscraper" Original Soundtrack|
|9||推理 （オリジナルver.）||Suiri (Orijinaru ver.)||Deduction (Original ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|10||忍び寄る危機||Shinobiyoru Kiki||Incoming Crisis||Detective Conan "The Time-Bombed Skyscraper" Original Soundtrack|
|11||対決のテーマ （落ち着きver.）||Taiketsu no Tēma (Ochitsuki ver.)||Showdown Theme (Calm ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|12||願い事ひとつだけ||Negai Goto Hitotsu Dake||Just One Wish||Negai Goto Hitotsu Dake|
|13||事件解決（意気揚々ver.）||Jiken Kaiketsu (Ikiyōyō ver.)||Case Resolution (Triumphant ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
In other languages
|Episodes of Season 4|
|Episode 83 • 84 • 85 • 86 • 87 • 88 • 89 • 90 • 91 • 92 • 93 • 94 • 95 • 96 • 97 • 98 • 99 • 100 • 101 • 102 • 103 • 104 • 105 • 106|