The Wandering Artist Murder Case
|Title:||The Wandering Artist Murder Case|
|Japanese title:||放浪画家殺人事件 |
(Hōrō Gaka Satsujin Jiken)
|Original airdate:||November 10, 1997 |
March 2, 2019 (Remastered version)
|Manga source:||TV Original|
|English title:||Dead Hobo|
|Dubbed episode:||Episode 83|
|Cast:||Conan Edogawa |
|Case solved by:||Kogoro Mouri (via Conan)|
|Next Conan's Hint:||House cleaning |
Sketch book (Remastered version)
|Episode director:||Nana Harada|
|Animation director:||Izumi Shimura|
|Closing song:||Kimi ga Inai Natsu|
|Prev episode:||« The Bank Heist Murder Case|
|Next episode:||The Kidnapping of a Popular Artist Case »|
|List of episodes|
While at a painting exhibit, Conan notices a man in rag examining a picture. The next day while playing baseball with his friends, he notices the man again. After being asked about his drawings of a home, the man realizes he has been drawing unconsciously, and holds his head in pain. In the hospital, he was revealed to have been affected by amnesia and the pain was his returning memories. Later that day, the man runs away from the hospital. The next day while playing baseball, Genta finds the man dead.
Using the sketch book in the dead man's possession, the Detective Boys are able to locate the house that match the pictures in the sketch book. The four of them traces the sketch trail to a house owned by a woman named Kimie Hayase, who had ordered a cleaning company to clean her entire house. The lady gives the Detective Boys some lemonade while Conan notices that the placement of the funitures in the living room is different from the sketch. The group notice a picture of Kimie's former husband who shares the exact features with the man who was murdered. However, Kimie denies their claim, as her husband had already perished a year ago.
Later, Conan informs Ran and Kogoro about the case's situation, prompting Kogoro to remember a case about the missing man which happened roughly a year ago.
Because the deceased Tatsuo has no family left other than his wife, the police ask Kimie to identify the man's body. While agreeing that the man greatly resembles her late husband, she claims that the two are different people. Kimie then criticizes Detective Takagi for smoking his the interrogation room before continues that she loathes her husband for the crime he committed, resulted in her being condemned by the society, and in the attempt to forget him she threw away all of his possessions. Conan, believing that the deceased man is truly Tatsuo, visits the house again to find concrete evidence. Noticing the expensive painting that Kimie had just bought from the Art Gallery, Conan figures out the truth and call everyone to the place as he explains them through the stunned Kogoro.
- The names of the characters and places in the Funimation Dub are:
- Tatsuo Hayase - Troy Haysum
- Kimie Hayase - Kimmy Haysum
- World Abstract Painting Exhibit - Art Expo
- Kimie Hayase reappears in The Fourteenth Target introduction sequence.
- Shiro Konno's character design from Night Baron Murder Case is re-used for the doctor in this episode.
- Takagi smokes in this episode in order to reveal that Kimie dislikes smokers, contradicting a later plot in Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure, where Takagi fakes that he is a smoker in order to get fingerprints from a suspect.
- Kogoro and Conan do not like abstract paintings or possibly art, although Ran thinks they are pretty, even though she does not get them either.
- The first time that the Detective Boys are playing baseball, and Genta accidentally hits a homeless nearsighted artist with the ball, injuring him, and the next day, Genta trips on this victim's corpse, and falls.
- This is Ninzaburo Shiratori's first episode since his appearance in The Time-Bombed Skyscraper, although it was a cameo, and he had no lines, and this being a filler episode.
- The painting reappears in Suzuki ship and in Yokosuka Castle from The Last Wizard of the Century, and in Shigeru Kataoka's house from The Kidnapper's Disappearing Getaway Car, but without the castle. Open spoiler box to see images.
|2||悪のテーマ （パート１）||Aku no Tēma (Pāto 1)||Theme of Evil (Part 1)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|3||悪のテーマ （パート２）||Aku no Tēma (Pāto 2)||Theme of Evil (Part 2)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|4||少年探偵団のテーマ||Shōnen Tanteidan no Tēma||The Detective Boys' Theme||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|5||悪のテーマ （パート２）||Aku no Tēma (Pāto 2)||Theme of Evil (Part 2)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|6||犯人のアジト （忍び込みver.）||Hannin no Ajito (Shinobikomi ver.)||The Culprit's Hideout (Creeping In ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|7||コナンの危機||Konan no Kiki||Conan's Crisis||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack Super Best|
|8||コナンのテーマ （予告）||Konan no Tēma (Yokoku)||Conan's Theme (Preview)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|9||推理 （オリジナルver.）||Suiri (Orijinaru ver.)||Deduction (Original ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|10||西の名探偵||Nishi no Meitantei||The Great Detective of the West||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|11||怪人包帯男２||Kaijin Hōtai Otoko 2||The Mysterious Bandaged Man 2||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 3|
|12||犯人のアジト （いよいよver.）||Hannin no Ajito (Iyoiyo ver.)||The Culprit's Hideout (More and More ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
|13||コナンのテーマ （バラード・ヴァージョン)||Konan no Tēma (Barādo・Vājon)||Conan's Theme (Ballad ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 1|
|14||君がいない夏||Kimi ga Inai Natsu||The Summer Without You||Kimi ga Inai Natsu|
|15||事件解決（意気揚々ver.）||Jiken Kaiketsu (Ikiyōyō ver.)||Case Resolution (Triumphant ver.)||Detective Conan Original Soundtrack 2|
In other languages
|Episodes of Season 3|
|Episode 55 • 56 • 57 • 58 • 59 • 60 • 61 • 62 • 63 • 64 • 65 • 66 • 67 • 68 • 69 • 70 • 71 • 72 • 73 • 74 • 75 • 76 • 77 • 78 • 79 • 80 • 81 • 82|