Detective Conan World
shikara

Is it hard to be Conan?

I had been wondering since I first started to wtch detective conan that is about.... 7 years ago, isn't it is hard to go after a bad guy that is about 2 to 3 times bigger that you... imean, conan-kun is just a kid and partically no one believe him coz, he is just a kid... untill Akai Shuuichi gets in the line, but still, isn't it hard...

I was thinking, if I was Conan-kun, how can I live... especially, when I know that any minute by now i could be killed by a complete stranger or the person that I knew all along... actually, if the person is the one that i knew all along, wouldn't that be a big pain to me actually...

well, now i wanted to ask the others, how would you fell if you are Conan-kun or maybe Haibara instead, anyway, don't care who but what do you fell if you were them... please tell me your felling or opinions...

PLEASE, ONIGAI SHIMAS

It's good that Aoyama didn't feel the pain same way as Conan or Ai or DC will end long ago.

Haibara is given much of her character development especially in Vermouth arc. So her feeling is much explored. I'd say I will feel the same way as her in her situation (Suicidal, depress, feel like not belonged)

i'll say is quite exciting,i mean back to a young age not old.and you know much more than other does. is just so cool.and sometimes i wish i can be conan because ai and him always talk about something others dont know is like having your own little world.but if i am haibara i'll be more scared than conan is.after all haibaras family were all dead and she is kinda alone. :mellow:

I would feel excited too. I mean, you don't really have to worry about school. It just takes care of itself. And as for the Black Organization, sure it would be a bit scary, but after a few years, you just have to learn to move on and live life to the fullest.

but who would you guys rather be?

haibara?????? or conan-kun?????????

surely if it was me i would like to be like like conan-kun (the brilliant brains) but i would like to be like Ai-chan (adventures)

it's going to be an exciting life

surely if it was me i would like to be like like conan-kun (the brilliant brains) but i would like to be like Ai-chan (adventures)

Are you kidding me? Haibara is a cold girl that hides...

Conan of course, Ai seems like she had a ruff life

i'll say is quite exciting,i mean back to a young age not old.and you know much more than other does. is just so cool.and sometimes i wish i can be conan because ai and him always talk about something others dont know is like having your own little world.but if i am haibara i'll be more scared than conan is.after all haibaras family were all dead and she is kinda alone. :mellow:

I'm agree....to it...

i do like ai-chan....But i say that i would like to have "Conan's life"...because my first experience to mimic was him,because conan-kun has a female seiyuu...I'm so amazed to takayama-san because she can really express what do conan-kun has ...

Become Conan, let's see : A dangerous organization lurking behind, has to protect everyone around from danger coming from everywhere, dealing with criminal everyday, not to mention has to try best to hide own identity for everyone's sake. Sound like a tough life, but being a smart, brave, cool man, a lady's killer, meeting Ai (at least good for me), experience many exciting adventures and has a extremely high luck, also include karan's reasons (except the Kogorou one :?)

Yeah, i want to become Conan.

I've been wondering this for a while. Whenever I see Conan and Ran or Conan and Ai talk emotionally at those times, I feel so bad and wonder how Conan/Shinichi feels. Like that time in an episode when Conan was talking to Ai and Agasa about telling Ran, his blue eyes looked so deep and sad... I just wonder what it's like. We all take Conan/Shinichi's ability and humor for granted, or so it seems. But, is it more than that? How would you feel if you were living with your childhood friend/love interest who you couldn't tell anything, have to watch them cry over you, trying to protect everyone you care about from murderers, and trying to find an evil well-hidden Organization?

...I'd be pretty depressed I think.

Some fanfictions really capture it perfectly though you've got to sift through all the junk to get to them, I'll post some links to some good ones that involve 'Being Conan' as you've put it (and some from what other people think about it). They're all oneshots by the way :lol:

Try out some of these:

1)Behind the lense

Some mistakes (spelling and grammar) but the ending is lovely and slightly unexpected

2) Beautiful

Very angsty and a good read (It's linked to OVA 9 though so it's better if you've seen that first)

3) Promises

Ran - Shinichi angst

4) Self Replacement

Sorta looks into what the dynamics between Ran, Conan and Shinichi could shift into a few years later

5) Dad Stuff

Kogoro and Conan one, Kogoro is presented brilliantly in this so it's worth a read

6) Empty Words

Ran's view on Shinichi never being there

7) I'm Already There

Angst, angst, angst...

---I know of quite a few more but it'd take long to find them all and put them all up here. They are mostly about how Conan is angsting (yes, I use that word a lot) over being stuck as a child and not himself, hopefully it's what you're looking for

...I'd be pretty depressed I think.

Some fanfictions really capture it perfectly though you've got to sift through all the junk to get to them, I'll post some links to some good ones that involve 'Being Conan' as you've put it (and some from what other people think about it). They're all oneshots by the way :lol:

Try out some of these:

1)Behind the lense

Some mistakes (spelling and grammar) but the ending is lovely and slightly unexpected

2) Beautiful

Very angsty and a good read (It's linked to OVA 9 though so it's better if you've seen that first)

3) Promises

Ran - Shinichi angst

4) Self Replacement

Sorta looks into what the dynamics between Ran, Conan and Shinichi could shift into a few years later

5) Dad Stuff

Kogoro and Conan one, Kogoro is presented brilliantly in this so it's worth a read

6) Empty Words

Ran's view on Shinichi never being there

7) I'm Already There

Angst, angst, angst...

---I know of quite a few more but it'd take long to find them all and put them all up here. They are mostly about how Conan is angsting (yes, I use that word a lot) over being stuck as a child and not himself, hopefully it's what you're looking for

Alright, thanks. I was just saying in general though. Like, in the actual series.

Well, there's a couple chapters where Conan lets go of his poker face (yes he has one) and just lets out his feelings. I forget the chapter, but there was one where he was talking about how bad he feels about leaving Ran to Ai. Hmm... Give me a while to find it.

I wouldn't want to be either of them. But if I had to choose... Conan.

He had a life before getting shrunk (Haibara's life doesn't really count as 'life'.) and had a lover who's still waiting for him. He'll do anything to stay alive just to come back for her. He can let go of his fears just by thinking about that. Of course, the fears aren't erased and he's always feeling regretful, but I'd rather be that than Haibara.

I'd rather not be either of them, because I don't want to always live in fear and be so close yet so far from the one person I love the most. But I guess I choose Conan, because he can at least be around Ran (even if it's not in his normal form) and he's not in too much danger. He has to remember to act like a child, but the BO doesn't know Kudo Shinichi is alive so he doesn't have to hide so much. Haibara was with the Orgnazation all her life so they could recognize her if they ever ran into her. Conan can live normally and keep an eye on Ran wherever he goes, so it wouldn't be as bad to be in his shoes.

Conan seems strong and hes able to maintain his "poker face" and not show his true feelings with a few exceptions, but I bet hes struggling alot trying not to show those feelings, especially trying to hide them from Ran I guess so that she doesn't suspect. But yeah.. ._. poor conan D:

Tell me one character without a poker face.

Um... Ran? No, I guess she has one. Agasa? Ayumi? Genta? Mitsuhiko? Yamamura? Yamamura's grandmother? Aoko? I have no idea.

I meant really main character, like Conan, Ran, Hejii, Kaito, etc. Most DC characters have a Poker Face.

Those are main characters!! Agasa? Kogoro? Uh...