Detective Conan World
Scar Akai

Childhood Pairings

Childhood Pairings  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like childhood pairings

I think the reason why he uses them so much is because it's easier to have two people who are together that long, than to have two people who were separate try to find each other

I don't know if that makes sense, though, I can try to explain it better

i understand what you mean SP... but i still find them annoying... i don't know why... usually i'm all for the childhood pairings, but aoyama uses them too often so i am starting to be reaaaaaaaally irritated with them... that's also one of the many reasons i want shinichi to be with shiho... they weren't childhood friends.... but there area also many more reasons i want them to be together, that one is just pertinent to this topic ^-^

i wonder why Aoyama make a lot of childhood pairing..

he said in Conan Drill and other interviews the reason is because he loves chilhood pairing AND because it's easy for him.

I personnaly think that he has too much things on his mind (about the cases and the plot) to imagine in details different kinds of love stories. So he took the easier choice.

I love childhood pairing. I like love relationships when I can see the characters are really close to each other and in a childhood friend relationship, I really feel how much they are close. I don't feel it so much between other characters. That doesn't mean another love story isn't interesting of course. But I prefer love story between close friends.

And in my case, I just CAN'T see a non-canon relationship. The reason is: if it's not in the original story, that can't be possible. So the relationship must be possible, even ambiguous (ambivalent?) like Heiji and Kazuha.

If I take the example of the ConanxAi shipping, I can't see it possible because we know Shinichi is in love with Ran (plus Gosho denied the ConanxAi relationship possibility in an interview).

Well I think that's all for my opinion.

i love childhood friends--> lovers

or, to be more broader, friends-->lovers

i just don't believe in love at first sight...i always believe that you can only love a person when you know him/her inside out..

I LOVE CHILDHOOD FRIEND LOVERS (L) and pairings of people who met someone someday when they were kids and he/she never saw him/her until 10 years or moreless passed...xD

• Upvote 1

Childhood friends are sweet things. Usually, it's two girls and two boys in real life to me, but... Wow. A lot of them in Detective Conan. Ha, I wonder if Kaito and Shinichi ever met or Aoko and Ran or something... :P

he said in Conan Drill and other interviews the reason is because he loves chilhood pairing AND because it's easy for him.

I personnaly think that he has too much things on his mind (about the cases and the plot) to imagine in details different kinds of love stories. So he took the easier choice.

I love childhood pairing. I like love relationships when I can see the characters are really close to each other and in a childhood friend relationship, I really feel how much they are close. I don't feel it so much between other characters. That doesn't mean another love story isn't interesting of course. But I prefer love story between close friends.

And in my case, I just CAN'T see a non-canon relationship. The reason is: if it's not in the original story, that can't be possible. So the relationship must be possible, even ambiguous (ambivalent?) like Heiji and Kazuha.

If I take the example of the ConanxAi shipping, I can't see it possible because we know Shinichi is in love with Ran (plus Gosho denied the ConanxAi relationship possibility in an interview).

Well I think that's all for my opinion.

It's true that Gosho Aoyama has a lot on his mind and this was probably the easier choice. Childhood pairings are used quite frequently in mangas. The relationship is...possible, but I personally think it's unlikely.

i love childhood friends--> lovers

or, to be more broader, friends-->lovers

i just don't believe in love at first sight...i always believe that you can only love a person when you know him/her inside out..

100% agreed.

As for me, I think that childhood pairings are interesting in the manga since we get to see everything that's happened between two characters throughout their entire lifetime, and it's sweet as well, but I think in real life, the chances of it happening would be extraordinarily low. I grew up moving from country to country and the chances are that most people have moved at least once or twice. The amount of TCKs (Third Culture Kids) is increasing, so the chances of us being able to have a so-called "childhood friend" automatically goes down.

I must say, I'm getting kind of annoyed at childhood pairings now. Gosho Aoyama has used them a bit too much.

The only thing that I hate about childhood pairings is that:

They are not realistic.

In reality...

I forbid myself to talk about my ex. Ever again.

I like childhood couples but... things don't go that way in real life.

And that's a good thing too :)

They are not realistic.

In reality...

Wholeheartedly agreed. :)

They are not realistic.

In reality...

yep...it is almost impossible in real life~

They are not realistic.

In reality...

8dcf9699.gif realistic huh