Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Chekhov MacGuffin

If you see spammers, use the Report button rather than posting about it or messaging the moderators directly

I've had a few users try to contact me directly through personal messages about spammers or simply post in a thread about them. This doesn't work very well and means it takes longer for me to realize there is a problem. The way the moderating system is set up, if you use the report option, all the moderators get a bright red warning with links to the thread and user that needs moderation and a description of why.

If you message me individually, it looks like every other ordinary message. If you post about the spammers in a thread, I get no warning at all. So please, please, please, please use the report button in the lower right hand part of the post.

Also, don't assume somebody else has already reported the problem correctly and wait for it to go away! In that last batch of 50 magic spams, I had absolutely no regular reports, just one person contacting by private message and a few wall posts. I didn't see those until much too late.

Also, this advice goes for any sort of problem. Weird or suspicious posts? Use the reporting system. Want a mod to delete your accidental double post? Use the reporting system. It lets all the moderators know there is something that should be done all at once.

• Upvote 6

I seem to be unable to see the report button.

That's... odd. It's right next to the edit button (or multiquote if it's not your post) so we can rule out the possibility that you missed it. Can you screenshot? 

Your theory could be correct, because I don't have the report function as well.  I'm glad someone else had the same problem, because I was feeling stupid that I could not find it.  Image link to what I see: Here

Idk if this is the right place..

But around 12.30 ist.. the Website went down for a minute saying Harddrive Error or something...

And when it came back online MT8 was online... :3 and it posted 2 Ad spams this time.. Idk if they're related (site going down and MT8) but no harm in informing, right..? :P

EDIT: MK and I reported him that very instant.. 

Idk if this is the right place..

But around 12.30 ist.. the Website went down for a minute saying Harddrive Error or something...

And when it came back online MT8 was online... :3 and it posted 2 Ad spams this time.. Idk if they're related (site going down and MT8) but no harm in informing, right..? :P

EDIT: MK and I reported him that very instant.. 

It's database error.

He could probably be overloading the site/server or something... this is pretty bad, if that's true.

It's database error.

He could probably be overloading the site/server or something... this is pretty bad, if that's true.

How? Spam filter would've caught anything that was long enough to do that, so it'd have to be computer magic?

How? Spam filter would've caught anything that was long enough to do that, so it'd have to be computer magic?

What I mean by site overloading is having multiple computer visiting the site at once. There are really various ways to do that... Honestly, That's what the Anonymous Group (If you know them) does.

What I mean by site overloading is having multiple computer visiting the site at once. There are really various ways to do that... Honestly, That's what the Anonymous Group (If you know them) does.

Oops. I didn't know that. I always do that O-O

Anonymous Group?

Oops. I didn't know that. I always do that O-O

Anonymous Group?

It'll need lots of work to make it happen. (Like creating a bot that will keep refreshing at the site every second)

Yeah... The Hackers? Don't know them?

It'll need lots of work to make it happen. (Like creating a bot that will keep refreshing at the site every second)

Yeah... The Hackers? Don't know them?

They hacked PSN, right? Haha thats all I know :P

-

I've seen lots of spam threads lately. I reported them the first time they came around but later it was just so much that I crossed my fingers and hoped they would be taken care of. I guess I'll continue reporting anything wrong. 

They hacked PSN, right? Haha thats all I know :P

-

I've seen lots of spam threads lately. I reported them the first time they came around but later it was just so much that I crossed my fingers and hoped they would be taken care of. I guess I'll continue reporting anything wrong. 

I dunno lol :P

Yeah do that. :P Keep reporting people.