Detective Conan World
Moonlit Flower

What was your first impression about Detective Conan?

Cann we get a poll here. I like it when everything is expresed in numbers

I second. A nice chart would be... Nice. :P

What kind of options would be in a poll, though?

Maybe something like:

AMAZINGjdk';gjd'khjld;rkthlk]ghjvdfkvhjdfgkadl

Enjoyed it, and still actively watch it

Enjoyed it, but I don't watch it as actively anymore

Enjoyed it, dropped it, but picked it back up again

Enjoyed it, but I no longer like it

It was meh

Hated it, but now I enjoy it

Hated it, but now I'm only watching for plot 

Hated it, and still hate it

Hated it, but I hate it even more now

Nothing could get me to watch more

Anything else to add?

I found DC because of Magic Kaito. I was listening to Lady Gaga when suddenly in my recommendations there it was: A Magic Kaito AMV. After staring at it for some seconds I clicked on it. I was like "WOOOOOW :0" so I watched the 4 episodes there were back then.

I noticed that there was a kid with glasses holding a puppet at the start of each ep. I remember that in the intros you'd see Conan chasing Kid until Ran held him back, and I'd be confused wondering who in the world that kid was.

So my first impression was that Conan was Aoko's lil bro (I confused Ran wiz Aoko :P) who hated Kid for some reason, or Kaito and Aoko's son. Mostly I thought he was a random nerdy kid.

Then I went to the wikia and found about DC, and was attracted to the plot of the show and it's characters, specially Haibara. Thus, a new obsession was born xD

I found DC because of Magic Kaito. I was listening to Lady Gaga when suddenly in my recommendations there it was: A Magic Kaito AMV. After staring at it for some seconds I clicked on it. I was like "WOOOOOW :0" so I watched the 4 episodes there were back then.

I noticed that there was a kid with glasses holding a puppet at the start of each ep. I remember that in the intros you'd see Conan chasing Kid until Ran held him back, and I'd be confused wondering who in the world that kid was.

So my first impression was that Conan was Aoko's lil bro (I confused Ran wiz Aoko :P) who hated Kid for some reason, or Kaito and Aoko's son. Mostly I thought he was a random nerdy kid.

Then I went to the wikia and found about DC, and was attracted to the plot of the show and it's characters, specially Haibara. Thus, a new obsession was born xD

Haha, Kaito and Aoko's son was Conan? xD

Anyway, which AMV was it?

Lol it was a Poker Face AMV...Conan being their son, what a plot that would make! A detective being a thief's son xD

Ah, I didn't see that one. Haha, that would be... Interesting, to say the least xD

I actually thought it was a weird kid show.

Untill I actually watched the 1st episode , I found it so epic after that first episode so ...

That guy losing his head on the roller coaster...this ain't for kids no more

"The eyes, noses, and ears look kinda weird." also "I can't believe I'm starting another long running anime. I liked the first episode too much to just stop now though."

When my cousin first introduced it to me, I didn't bother to watch the first episode. Then after 2 years, I watched the first episode and I was hooked. It's really unique and it's not like any other anime. After that, I can't stop watching DC.

• Upvote 1

I thought it'd interest me since I was into mystery at the time. Turns out I was right. Although it's become quite stale for me in my opinion.

I first saw an episode on toonami at a friends house back when I was 13 and loved it! I forgot all about it. I'm 24 now and about a year ago I just had a random flashback and thought to myself... "Hey, I'm gonna look that show up!" And now I'm hooked and just finished all english dubbed stuff. Now I wish it would end though since there really is no story line other than jimmy getting his life back and his relationship with rachel progressing, but that stuff only occurs maybe once every 20 or so episodes, so it's kind of annoying. Don't get me wrong I love the cracking cases stuff, but I kinda want it all to be over and for Rachel and Jimmy to live happily ever after. It's 2015 for crying out loud; end it!