Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 12: Distant Reflections Seen Nearby

"Hey guys, where are we headed? Surely we're not just walking out here with no absolute destination, right?" The girl-still-unintroduced-to-Prem called out...

"We're going to find your, umm, our memories... Btw I dont think we have been introduced yet, cuz I was dozed off.." he made a twitched face and continued... "My name is Prem, all I can tell you about me is I m a gold in archery... Can I have your name..? "

He spoke as they walked on into the endless white rift along with all the friend-like-acquaintances...

(I imagine they would be found in large distant clusters, just so I have an excuse to throw hordes of Shadows at you guys.)

Oh joy.

The group went forward. Iyana took this as an opportunity to look at the Rift. Really nothing special. They were probably the only splotches of color in this barren white place. She crossed her arms and obsereved if the knife could be seen. It couldn't. Good.

The newcomers, Hesh and Aquilas, were walking along, apparently trying to figure out who they were. Iyana sympathized. She silently oathed that she would try to help them in any way she could.

Show them the phone, a voice inside told her. She fingered her body bag. That cellphone gave her an unfair advantage, and she saw it fit to tell them. But not now. Not while they're walking.

She thought about what she had heard that day. About angels and Jaegers not fighting and homo sapiens hating silver-haired guys. Questions leaped around in her head, but her ADHD (?) brain shut them off.

She froze. There was something different about the air. An army materialized in front of them. Claws reached out and slashed at the air. Leading them was a skeleton holding a bow so it looked like one of the skeletons in a certain game she played, but this wasn't a game. She silently backed up, waiting for others to take the initiative.

(Battle time! Don't die, y'all!)

"We're going to find your, umm, our memories. . .Btw I dont think we have been introduced yet, cuz I was dozed off. ." Aquilas turned and saw a guy who looked like he was about her age, his face twitching. Aquilas realized that aside from the angel, Joshua, he was pretty much the only other guy in the Rift with them. 

"My name is Prem, all I can tell you about me is I'm a gold in archery. . . Can I have your name. .? " He continued. Oh, that's right, Prem, Aquilas remembered. She took note that he was very much skilled in archery. He would be a helpful companion, especially if they were to battle. "My name is Aquilas. Nice to meet you." Aquilas said, nodding in his direction. 

Suddenly, as they walked, she stopped in her tracks. A shiver ran down her spine as she saw an army over the horizon, moving closer and closer to them, a skeleton holding a bow in the lead. She stood there, her fingers inside her leather bag, grasping her pistol. Her eyes darted to the others. It seemed that the girl named Iyana had taken notice, but nobody else was getting ready to fight nor bringing out their weapons. She took a deep breath, her grip on the pistol tightening, ready to pull it out in case.

^Oh all right I'll take the initiative

No one brought out their weapons. Time to be courageous, Iyana, she told herself. She untied the cloth strapping the knife to her arm and stuffed it in her body bag. With a flick of her arm, the yellow tinted blade popped out. She made eye contact with everyone, who understood the message. THey brought out their weapons and charged, Iyana following at their heels.

(Don't die)

"No problem. Nice to meet ya, Aquilas." Tamsin pulled away from the conversation as Prem introduced himself and studied the group. Everyone seemed to be doing okay, for a ragtag group of amnesiacs at least. No one seemed truly overwhelmed, and she was glad to see that. Tightening her tuft of a ponytail again, she decided that if someone seemed to be giving up, she wouldn't let it happen. Everyone in the group was going to survive, get their memories, and leave the Rift, hopefully the same person they were before being tossed here.

The blue-haired woman heard the sound of a folding knife opening, and looked up to see Iyana making eye contact with everyone and brandishing her weapon. A ways off there was a large patch of darkness. Shadows.., maybe even reapers. With a sigh, Tamsin watched as everyone prepared to fight, addressing the group to make sure no one made an error in confusion. "Be careful. Only fight with the weapons given or prepared by Joshua and Alita. Shoot or strike to kill. And as we're always told, don't die."

Moving away from the edge of the group, Tamsin swung her bat in an arc, listening to the satisfying whoosh it made breaking through the air. It was a comfortable, nostalgic feeling, and she wondered whether she'd played baseball or used a bat-like weapon. The girl patted her pocket, checking for the extra pocket-knife she'd stowed there in case, and let out a breath, charging at the creatures that seemed to have just noticed the humans. She didn't know if she was the first to make contact, but her first strikes were efficient; The surprisingly tough weapon she'd pummeled the nearest Shadow with left it doubled over for a moment, and she took the opportunity to send what she figured was a finishing blow to its head. There was a little chaos as the groups collided, and Tamsin made a mental note to keep an eye on the others. If someone was hit, she'd move to protect them. After all, she could keep fighting while protecting someone, and it felt natural to want to... Which was odd considering her memories thus far. 

Breaking from her thoughts, she blocked an attempted hit with her blunt weapon. Tamsin took in a breath and held her ground, taking up the folding knife in her left hand and lunging at the unprotected side of the Shadow she was tussling with. As it cringed away, she was able to swing her right arm again and do a double-strike at the creature's neck. She heard the sound of arrows flying as the fallen enemy toppled, and Tamsin glanced in the direction of the sound quickly, hoping it was Prem's shooting and not a long-range opponent.

((Fightin' time. xP I'll leave it here for interaction's sake.))

Iyana's gesture didn't went un noticed...

The horizon could now be identified as the army of the shadows...

"Be careful. Only fight with the weapons given or prepared by Joshua and Alita. Shoot or strike to kill. And as we're always told, don't die." said Tamsin... And she slowly drifted away and started playing... "She's good" Prem said to himself...

"Alright guys, I got you guys covered..!"

Exclaiming those words, he slid his Bow through his neck, and placed his right knee on the floor...

"Your sacrifice won't go vain Alita, Aim... SHOOT..!"

Aiming for the head, and the neck ... Piercing every possible aim near his fellow fighters...

[make an estimate of the army, how much arrows do I have to shoot, I'll run out of them eventually]

(How about one thousands?)

With a sigh, Tamsin watched as everyone prepared to fight, addressing the group to make sure no one made an error in confusion. "Be careful. Only fight with the weapons given or prepared by Joshua and Alita. Shoot or strike to kill. And as we're always told, don't die."

Hesh replied with a scoff, "Don't die? Are you a f***ing coward? If I were you, I'll shot that f*** who sent us here in the head!" He racked his Glock 18 ready to dose many 'shadows' with rounds in the head.

Prem shouted to his , "Alright guys, I got you guys covered..!"

Hesh nodded, "Okay here they come..." He aimed his Glock 18 one handed.

"Here goes nothing..." He thought.

Hesh opened fire at the Shadows, hoping to score several kills.

(Bring it on ** I call dibs on one of the reapers, I'll take it out at the end/climax of the fight. Fight scenes~ =w=)

Tamsin cursed under her breath at Hesh's harsh shouting. "I'm encouraging the team without being emotional, you ass," she snapped, clocking a shadow in the head as she turned to glare at the foulmouthed companion who was quickly getting on her nerves. "I'd say I want to see you try to blast that Jaeger, but I'm not anxious to have even you killed!" She noticed Prem's posture as he fired off a slew of arrows, and smirked. He's good. Letting out a breath as she finished two more shadows with her bat and knifed a third in the throat, the blue-haired melee-fighter began tearing arrows from the fallen shadows. Ducking under a broad swing, she slid across the ground on her knees and dropped the pile of projectiles beside Prem. "Luckily spent ones can be reused, unlike bullets" she muttered quickly, giving an informal half-salute before returning to the fray.

The pure adrenaline as Tam bashed her weapon into the enemies was familiar and energizing, and knowing what she'd been told about the shadows, there had to be crystalline memories nearby that would tell her why. She took a quick look around to ensure that her companions weren't having trouble. No one appeared to be wounded so far, and every fighter was holding his own. Tamsin made her way to Iyana, fighting through the mass of Shadows silently. When she made it to the girl's side, the woman smiled. "Doing alright?" she asked, raising her bat at the nearby Shadows. "How about you and me slice and smash our way to getting back our memories?" She felt a kinmanship with the younger girl despite being sure she was an only child, and was sure to keep her covered when it came to the fight. 

Hesh grinned, "Good! The Jaegers would regret this..." He sprayed his Glock 18 at the Shadows who approaching him. He hit four of them. Two of them had their head blown up while the two other was hit in the neck. He looked at Tamsin, "Just a fact that anyone didnt know: Bullets can penetrated hard surfaces while arrows cannot... Especially the armor-piercing bullets can do the job easily..."

Hesh began to advance. He screamed, "F*** you all!" He prayed twenty 'Shadows' before his Glock 18 went empty again. He loaded it with a 33rd magazine and locked it ready. Then Hesh remembered the setting switch on the Glock 18, another reason why it was one of his favorite kinds of guns, he switched it to fully automatic. He began firing at the Shadows near Tasmin, nearly causing a friendly fire.He managed to cap four Shadows with headshots.

(Oh, thank you for embracing the battle!)

Iyana almost got slashed to bits by a Shadow, but one of Hesh's bullets got him in the head. She quickly smiled in gratefullness, and made her first kill: a quick stab to the backside. The monster fell, then evaporated like smoke from a bonfire.

All around her, Shadows were turning into smoke from getting hit by Prem's arrows, or Hesh's bullets, or Tasmin's bat. The others were

also fighting, but she couldn't quite see them. Tasmin was now at her side, bat raised. "Doing alright? How about you and me slice and smash our way to getting our memories back?"

"Thanks! I sure could use the help!" she smiled. When she had drank the coffee, she vaguely remembered dropping to hr knees and crying, and that feeling of loneliness, but she needed to fill in the empty loneliness with someone. She stabbed another Shadow in a chink in its armor. Flicking her wrist another time, she caught another dark figure with the smaller blade of her knife.

When Iyana took out her weapon and made eye contact with the rest of the group, Aquilas took that as a cue to pull out her own weapon. Long range will do for now, as the Shadows are still quite distant, Aquilas thought. She also wasn't sure if she should really engage them in melee combat, since she wasn't sure yet if she could fight them that way. She needed to gauge the skills of the Shadows at least.

Loading her pistol, she got ready for action. Wait until they get nearer, she thought. She couldn't risk a blind fire, the bullets were too valuable. She needed to save them. She needed to be absolutely sure she'd hit the enemy before she shot, so she wouldn't waste the special bullets.

"Be careful. Only fight with the weapons given or prepared by Joshua and Alita. Shoot or strike to kill. And as we're always told, don't die." She heard Tamsin say, and Aquilas nodded in agreement. Here we go, Aquilas thought. She aimed at a Shadow, and pulling the trigger, she fired. The bullet hit the Shadow's head, and the instant it hit the Shadow exploded and got pulverized; what was left were fine dark ashes.

She moved around and aimed, hitting her targets with seemingly expert marksmanship. Aquilas didn't know it herself, but it seemed like her body moved on its own, like her entire body was programmed for fighting like this. By the time her pistol needed to be reloaded, she'd shot down at least a dozen of Shadows. Her eyes darkened as she saw there were hundreds more coming, possibly even thousands. Thousands of Shadows and only seven of them. Great.

As she pocketed her leather bag to get more ammo, she looked to see how the others were doing. She could see Tamsin swinging her bat at the Shadows, hitting three of them sharply with one huge swing. Prem was also doing great, taking down the Shadows with his every arrow, and she could see Hesh shooting down the enemies down, one of his bullets narrowly missing Tamsin. A little far but not so much as Aquilas could still see her, was Iyana slashing and stabbing at the enemies with her knife. The others were doing so well, and the thought pumped her up even more. Aquilas aimed her pistol again and shot at the Shadows, keeping close watch on her companions, just in case anyone was hurt or injured, but so far everyone was doing fine, like each and everyone of them were natural warriors. 

Aquilas thought she'd probably been a warrior in her world, as well, but she wasn't that sure. The memories she had regained through the "coffee" she drank earlier didn't give away much about her past. Then she remembered Tamsin's words: "Your memories will be contained in yellow crystals throughout the rift, and they'll react when you're near. Shadows and the rest feed on the crystals, so we have to gather them before they're consumed." Since there are a lot of Shadows on that area, chances are there must be memory crystals nearby. And if Aquilas somehow found hers, she'd be one step closer to getting out of the Rift. The thought gave her a boost of energy, as she was eager to kill the Shadows and be able to find their yellow memory crystals before the Shadows consumed them.

Once they had left the coffee shop and entered The Rift, Misaki had blocked all unnecessary talk out. Since she had never gone against that they could face here, she needed to be ready for anything and everything. Her hand was on the handle of her sword, ready to use if something came by them. But looking around, she could see nothing. No monsters, no people, no anything. Even the Rift itself felt like it wasn't there, with its never ending white. But something felt wrong in the air, she could feel it. She had felt it before. It was the feeling of a large battle.

Suddenly, an army of Shadows and Reapers could be seen, being led by a skeleton with a bow in hand as they marched closer. The group froze. Her grip on her sword tightened before drawing her sword and falling into a familiar stance. 

Tasmin said, "Be careful. Only fight with the weapons given or prepared by Joshua and Alita. Shoot or strike to kill. And as we're always told, don't die."

"If you need help, call for me. I'll be by your side in a heartbeat," Misaki added. She wasn't about to let anyone here die.

The group then charged, ready to fight the massive army. The armored girl swung her sword with fluid, precise movement, taking out one monster after another. It felt good to be able to swing her sword. It felt normal. Like home. Misaki pushed the sudden homesickness down as she looked over at the others, who seemed to be doing a good job defending themselves. At least, that what she could see through the smoke that had surrounded her. It seemed that killing the beasts had them die in a poof of smoke. So she kept slashing and killing, thinning out the army. Maybe if she was lucky, she'd find someone's crystal.

The Shadows were getting nearer to Prem now...

All others were somewhat not cornered yet, they seemed to be doing well...

Prem looked at his left arrows, there were only around 75 left...

"Hmm, with this rate I will probably be the first one to die... But this does assure I've killed around 225 shadows... I've gotta think something... "

Prem's Eyes got wide... He had an idea, it was visible in his sparkling eyes...

He took out the unique arrow he noticed earlier at the coffee shop, which had the Diamond on top of it...

"Sturdiest..? Eh..?" He smirked, and gripped his Bow on his left hand...

"I have to get to my used arrows... And this seems to be the only way... " With this he charged to the Shadow coming towards him...

Blocking the weapon of the shadow by his Bow, he pierced the Diamond headed arrow through his chest... And pulled it back...

Shadow went down... "Yup, it works.. "

Giving a evil grin he looked at the places where he could see his arrows lying down...

Planning to use the same method, he charged towards the shadows to get back his arrows...

Aquilas continued to shoot down every Shadow that went her way. With quick, agile movements, she was able to fire at the Shadows in the distance as well as hit the ones that went near her with her pistol. Not a bullet was wasted; every single one she fired hit the target fatally. As she continued shooting, she saw Prem charging towards the Shadows, then it came to her that he was probably recollecting the arrows he'd fired already.

Running towards Prem whilst continuing to shoot down Shadows in her way, Aquilas shouted through the battle. "Hey Prem, need some help?" Aquilas charged through the enemies, grabbing the arrows she found lying on the ground with quick swipes, all the while still firing at the enemies. When her cartridge became empty once again, she'd blasted a lot of Shadows already, and had collected about 70 arrows. "Catch," Aquilas yelled, throwing the arrows to Prem. Prem caught them all.

Aquilas replaced her cartridge once again. Deep inside she was starting to worry that her ammo might run out, while there were still quite a lot of enemies out there. Her last resort was the dagger that she had brought with her, and she hoped she'd be able to fight with it well. She had a feeling she would.

Aquilas was thankful she wasn't alone in fighting the Shadows, and that her companions were excellent in battle as well. Adrenaline soared through her body as she blasted away the Shadows, and she saw that not too far from her was a Reaper, readying its bow. A feeling of dread went through her as she saw the Reaper preparing to shoot.

Hesh kept firing at the Shadows until he sense something. He dropped his bag and started to prepare something as he spotted a Reaper with his Shadows. He was aiming at Aquilas. Hesh readied a SVDK anti materiel-rifle. "Cap your ass!" He sneered as he fired the SVDK. The 9.3 mm rounds was piercing the Reaper's skull, causing his body to shatter. Hesh hollered at the Shadows, "And your ass!" He fired two rounds at the group of Shadows as they panicking. He cap twenty Shadows.

Her Swiss army knife wasn't a knife anymore. It became an arc of pure destruction. She ran through the torrents of Shadows, stabbing a Shadow with her first blade, and pulling the knife and stabbing another monster with her shorter blade. Weight wasn't a problem; she could have lifted 50 of them with no burden at all.

As she ran silently from place to place (the ballet flats were a great help), she couldn't help but catch a glimpse of her reflection in her blade. Her violet eyes shone with a kind of determination she wouldn't have imagined. Losses make a person stronger she thought. She was no longer that scared girl that crash-landed in the Rift.

Prem was running around, retrieving his arrows. She picked up one, stabbed an incoming monster, and threw it to Prem. He caught it, and grinned. Iyana then tasked herself to retrieve as many of Prem's arrows as she could, all while surviving.

She ran to a different zone, and while she was making good prigress, a Reaper notched his bow and aimed it at Aquilas. But she couldn't be distracted now. She noticed that others had also seen. Maybe they could help.

(Oh gosh if Aquilas dies I will never forgive myself here. Help heeerrr~~~)

(Not that easy to kill a Reaper, Ari. They're way stronger than the Shadows. Your bullet'll hit, but we need more of a fight with only two of these guys and at least a thousand Shadows. I assume the reapers, as commanders, have horses of some kind. Correct me if they don't, though. xP)

Tamsin hadn't been counting the number of fallen Shadows, but as they disappeared she was glad to see the wave thinning. Everyone was making quick work of the Shadows so far, and it looked like the group was turning the tide with its effort. With another pair of Shadows down, she reached over and messed up Iyana's hair with her free hand. The girl moved, looking away from the enemies in front of them, and Tamsin followed her gaze as she twirled her bat in her gloved hand. There was a Reaper among the enemies, and it was finally drawing its bow. Aquilas was in its path... There was another gunshot, and the skull-like head was grazed. "Not enough," the woman muttered. She struck a nearing Shadow, then told Iyana, "I'll be back in a minute...

"Aquilas!" The red and blue-clad fighter fought her way along the front line, each movement a kill and another step toward the Reaper. As the skeleton-figure knocked an arrow, Tamsin remembered something she'd been told at the cafe. 'It's best to take out the Reapers to make the Shadows panic.' Alright then... Taking up her folding knife in her left hand, she studied her opponent, making note of the shield strapped to its left... well, it wasn't exactly and arm... Its radius and ulna? Either way, Tam wasn't going to let it fire off a single projectile. Quite literally coming up swinging, the blue-haired woman wrapped her hands around the base of her bat and took a running leap, forcing the Reaper over the side of his mount with a two-handed blow. As it fell, she crushed two Shadows that started to interfere.

As the Reaper rose, she noticed a nick in his skull from hesh's bullet and a piece of a rib swinging halfway down its chest. Skeletal structure looked male, and Tamsin grinned, jesting, "Good, I don't have to hit a girl." The Reaper raised his weapon and took a stance that kept his chest protected by the shield, and the girl nodded. "Fair fight, then..." Tam let out a breath and readied herself, a weapon in each hand. As the Reaper gave a twitch of motion, she charged. She'd try to hold his sword and shield with her bat and strike with the knife until she could disarm him or break the shield that was protecting his torso. With a yell, Tam made the first strike, leading to a deadlock between the enemies as she pushed forward with the length of her bat and he held his ground, eventually forcing her back with a parry. The two collided like this three more times, and on the third occurrence, Tamsin was able to make a hit; when the Reaper parried, she faked a swing to the right and twirled her bat, forcing his sword to his left with the weapon and nicking his arm with her blade. Three Shadows came to the Reaper's defense, and she let out a sigh. "Fine, you can all die..."

(They'll continue to fight in the next bit. Don't want to put too much or finish a Reaper off quickly

EDIT: Uwahh, I started using real names. =_= Fixed. Gomen.))

(@Elli: My character name's Hesh...)

Hesh stared in disbelief, "This gun didn't worth a damn!" Hesh then switched to his Glock 18. He then looked at the Shadows, because they're easy to cap.

Aquilas gasped a bit as she saw the Reaper tilting its bow, aiming directly at her. As the Reaper released the string, her reflexes took over her, the arrow narrowly missing her right shoulder as she ducked. "That was a close one," Aquilas said, brushing her bangs to the side of her face.

Hesh's bullet drove straight through the Reaper's skull, and there was a large blast. Even though it seemed like a pretty huge blast, Aquilas still wasn't convinced that the Reaper was gone. It was far too strong to be taken out by a single bullet, at least from what she'd heard from Tamsin. Sure enough, she was right. The Reaper was just blasted sideways from the impact, but the shot didn't affect the Reaper so much. Aquilas could see the bullet embedded in the Reaper's skull, but it was just a couple of seconds before the Reaper got up again and got ready to aim.

"Aquilas!" She heard a voice say, and suddenly Tamsin was there, swinging her bat, trying to hit the Reaper. "Go Tamsin!" Aquilas yelled in support, as she got up and shot down more Shadows. She could see that the wave of Shadows were thinning---she and her friends were doing a great job at finishing them off. She kept close watch on Tamsin as she attacked the Reaper, watching Tamsin's every move while Aquilas blasted off more Shadows. Finally, Tamsin was able to hit the Reaper.

It came to Aquilas that there was probably one more Reaper around, and she set out to locate it before anyone on their side would be hit unexpectedly, like what just happened to her. She moved around, trying to search for the other Reaper, firing Shadows along the way. She figured that the other Reaper might be hiding itself in the huge wave of Shadows, trying to camouflage itself. She noticed a strangely huge cluster of Shadows, and she suspected that the Reaper might be at the center, shielding itself from her and her companions.

As she looked around, something caught her eye---a yellow glint somewhere on the ground near her. She moved towards it, and picked it up. It was a grenade, with the same yellow tint as her other weapons. Odd enough, it was there. She figured that the grenade was just like her weapons, and by the looks of it, it would deal great damage towards the enemies. She got ready to aim it, determining the proper distance to throw it. Then she pulled the pin on top, and threw it towards the large cluster of Shadows. After a couple of seconds, there was a huge blast, and the Shadows around were scattered.

Like she suspected, the other Reaper was there. It was probably weakened due to the explosion. Stepping forward, she pulled out her dagger, unsheathed it, and got ready to fight. 

Aquilas knew she couldn't take the Reaper on all by herself---the Reaper was too strong for that. She needed some help of at least two of her companions. She glanced around, making eye contact with her companions. They should at least try to threaten the Reaper, just enough to drive the Shadows away. 

Not too far from her, she could see a blade slashing around, quick, agile, and fluid movements. Aquilas caught a glimpse of deep violet eyes. 

"Iyana!" 

Tasmin ruffled her hair and went off to challenge the Reaper, which had been shot but was barely damaged. At the sight of their leader being fought, the Shadows moved more restlessly, and Iyana had to make more blades appear to threaten them to back off. She started slashing again, and her ADHD brain was helping greatly.

She shifted to another area, where she saw Tasmin fighting against the Reaper, which was now riding on a skeletal horse. The femur was the only bone still intact. The others were hanging loosely on his skeletal body. They seemed to be on the winning side, but she couldn't marvel at this fact now.

An explosion shook the white floor, and Shadows crumpled. A skeletal warrior was in the middle of the chaos. It seemed weakened, but it hadn't died yet. Suddenly she remembered a thing Alita had said: something about Shadows panicking when Reapers were defeated...

That Reaper had to be defeated, so that Shadows would be in disarray, and be easy to defeat. She heard her name be called, and quickly turned in the direcgion of the voice. It was Aquilas, her two mismatched (?) eyes glinting with bravery, her dagger unsheathed. Iyana immediately understood that she was going to fight the Reaper, and needed her help. She pulled down the other blades on her Swiss Army knife, leaving just the longest one out, and joined Aquilas near the Reaper.

The Reaper notched an arrow, and took aim at Iyana. Her instincts took over, and she raised her body bag to block the shot. The arrow embedded itself in the leather, which was fortunately thick. She pulled the arrow out, and while she knew Prem would need it, she would give it to him later. This arrow would make a great weapon on its own with its finely cut feathers with a yellow tint. Apparently all creatures in the Rift, even those not from the Rift originally, could only be killed by these weapons.

Iyana grinned at Aquilas. "Let's fight this skeleton, shall we?"

It was thrilling. Alice charged swiftly into the fray with an elegant motion, time of no consequence. She glanced at Misaki, the only other one with battle-steeled nerves. The shadows were annoying wisps of darkness, she easily cleaved them apart with sharp, decisive motions. She could have been slicing air. Running in a semi-circular path around the mass of them, but slowed down to and stood away to observe the battle. 

There, there aaand there. Drops of gold, the color of light honey lay on the white floor among the shadows, people and phantom rushing over them alike. She watched the tide of battle shift and change, but the contest remained topsy-turvy. Alice sighed, before moving again, not showing herself to others as she collected the crystals, them with a number of golden facets that encased a darker brownish-gold beneath.

She didn't know how long she had been collecting the crystals for, but she spotted Tamsin and Hesh struggling over a Reaper being defended by three shadows. The shadows had a single line formation, which made it easier for Alice to aim in a way her revolver shot through the three of them. She was unnervingly calm, and the only thing she felt as the Shadows disappeared into the void of white was just recoil. Tamsin rushed at the reaper, her bat reader while Hesh fired a few round trying not to hit Tamsin mostly.

Sneaking in from behind, Alice looked on as the Reaper ducked from Tamsin's blow and propelled itself to her right, moving diagonally towards Hesh, an arrow in it's bow, as it crouched in a perfect pose and took aim, and let the string go before Tamsin could recoil. The punkish girl was surprised, but the emotion was fleeting, as Alice whizzed past her, shooting the arrow with her revolver and slashing the Reaper's femur (upper thigh bone). 

The poor Reaper now supported itself on it's single right leg, the left one only half a thigh long. Another arrow from somewhere was in the Reapers' bony hand and now it was swinging it's arm to impale the pointed end in Alice's left side. Alice's eyes widened, she still hadn't regained her balance from her previous manoeuvre. 

Luckily, a well aimed shot from Hesh shattered the Reaper's hand as Tamsin simultaneously bashed the fiend's head in with her bat, both unleashing their skills to the fullest in a desperate attempt to keep Alice unharmed. The Reaper now lay on the floor in shambles, without a right leg and a left hand. 

All of this happened within a span of few seconds or so. 

Alice walked over it, stepping over its' intact right knee and gripping its' right hand in a strong grip, immobilizing the being. Her free leg cannoned the Reaper's sternum (chest bone to which all ribs connect) while pulling it's hand. The people who saw almost stepped back in surprise. The force was such that the arm Alice was holding was pulled out of it's socket.

She turned to Tamsin and Hesh. Hesh grabbed the Reaper's severed leg, Alice swung his arm while Tamsin used her bat to beat the any living daylight the thing had with it's own limbs. There was something satisfying about the whole ordeal, until at last the skeleton stopped moving all together and glowed slightly, as if a sign for them to stop. This disappointed Alice though her face remained neutral as always.

Tiny cracks appeared around all of it's bones, even the ones they were holding they shattered into nothingness, each fragment breaking into a smaller one until there was no trace of the Reaper.

"Good job guys. And girl." Alice quipped the second sentence lamely, craning her neck towards Tamsin.

(SOOOO I'm really sorry I couldn't post since my computer was sent to be fixed. I now have windows 8. Tada. Hope you liked this post, forgive any error since I'm not proof-reading this. -_- sorry again, my eyes hurt so I couldn't read it all. I apologize if I messed up your action scenes with my lame one :P)  

Right before Aquilas's eyes, a yellow arrow darted past, piercing Iyana's thick leather pouch. She stood there, a little surprised by the sudden unexpected shot, and thanked goodness that Iyana was able to block it. She held out her hand and helped Iyana up. "Nice reflexes," Aquilas complimented her.

The two girls stood in front of the Reaper. The Reaper stood on its own, the bones of what seemed to be the Reaper's skeletal horse scattered on the ground, apparently blown to bits by the grenade. The Reaper didn't exactly have eyes, but Aquilas felt that it was as if the Reaper was staring at them both with its empty, dark eye sockets.

Iyana pulled out the arrow that cut through her bag, and put it inside. Aquilas assumed that she was probably going to give it to Prem later on.

Iyana grinned at Aquilas. "Let's fight this skeleton, shall we?" Aquilas nodded in agreement, her silver-grey eye glinting.

"Since the Reaper got a direct blast from the explosion earlier, it's weakened, and there are probably chunks in its armor. Let's cut through those holes with our blades." Aquilas suggested. "When I say go, we charge at the Reaper." Aquilas took a deep breath and pointed her dagger, blade glinting yellow. 

"Ready?"

(finally, AL-nii, I was wondering where you were ;A; Your action scenes are really good, actually. comeoverhereplz.gif)