Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

DCW IRL Round 12: Distant Reflections Seen Nearby

@Nara-Chan: My character is just half-conscious (Not fully awaken). He was asking at Tasmin what is going on there (as he didn't know everything except his names).

(Ari, you're engaged with Alice for now, you didnt specify which girl. Also, I enjoyed every second of it, Misnaradric >:] )

After addressing Iyana, Tamsin turned to look at Hesh, who'd been spouting nonsense before Alice gave a short explanation. "We hauled your ass from the crash site, kid," she added, "This is Alice, the girl is Iyana, the woman in armor is Misaki, and Prem's the dude over there." She pointed at everyone as she listed names.

"The woman out there who fought the Jaeger for your life and ours is called Alita, and don't forget that. You're not gonna have any memories right off the bat, but you can gather 'em through yellow crystals. And just to clarify, you stay with the group. A Jaeger could ice your ass in two seconds. I'll let ya wake up. Alice, if he says somethin' stupid, just smack him..."

Hesh sighed, "Alright, alright! I just half awoke in that crash site and just call me Hesh, alright..." He looked at the unconscious girl beside him. He then looked at Tasmin. "Smack me anytime, I'll snap your neck in a flash. Comprende?"

Tamsin raised an eyebrow at Hesh before hefting up her baseball bat. "For your information, Hesh, if I smack you, it will be with this bat, and you'll be dead, let alone unable to snap any necks. I'm watching you now, bitch." She flicked off the newcomer and took a seat at the table, her bat on her shoulder.

(Sorry Ari, but Tamsin has a potty mouth and doesn't like threats xP)

"Hesh, the situation here is delicate, it would be very ungrateful if we have to loose any other member of our group by another member... We barely our half a dozen and out there is an army of Reapers & Shadows" Prem said in the calmest voice possible, he had his faced turned to Hesh and his body still facing the glass...

He again looked outside, sighed and started walking towards a corner of the room, "Now if you guys would excuse me, I would like to rest a little". He dragged a chair along him and placing his feet at a table at higher level, he closed his eyes...

"Hey Tamsin, I would say everyone rest a little and put the new kitten to the keep a watch outside, No offence Hesh, it's just a figure of speech"...

And Prem dozed off..

Tamsin nodded at Prem, but even though Hesh had been pretty harsh, she didn't want to send the newbie out where creatures could find him. "Look, we can't go back to the area where we found you. If you dropped the bag on the way, you can go pick it back up, but I'm not going to send anyone back. If you're too 'fraidy cat to go by yourself, I'll come with you, since I know Misaki can handle things here, but my help's all you're gonna get if you don't feel like goin' alone." After her long winded response, the girl put her feet up on the table and waited for an answer. She felt like she should stay with the group and try to keep everyone together, but despite her temper, didn't feel like making an enemy of Hesh right off the bat.

"You really all don't learn, do you?" Joshua noted as he closed the door behind him, a pack slung over his shoulder. He threw the pack at Hesh's feet. "I took out all the explosives," he noted, then added, "What the hell are you?" It wasn't a question to be answered, and his tone made it absolutely clear.

"As a group, you're barely capable of taking on the creatures, and now you want to split up? Do you humans even think?" With that steely remark, an unusual silence fell over the cafe. "Apparently you don't," Joshua finally commented after a minute of silence. "Not only were you planning to split into smaller groups unable to defend themselves, but you were about to lead Hesh out into the Rift, where the poison was going to kill him." He mumbled something under his breath, something like "impossible humans", and then cleared his throat.

"Knowing Alita, she told you that I distrust humans. Well, here's the reason why. You humans are damned foolish." He took a chair and quickly sat down. He grabbed two cups, somehow filled with the same black mixture, and slid them across the table. His intention was clear, and he didn't bother to explain, instead moving to a different subject.

"After you get those two ready, then you can move out. As a group. It would be best to hurry." His expression tightened. "Aero's arrival means that the Rift army will be returning eventually. You don't have much more time to recover your memories and get out of here." Some more time passed, but once you got the two new members readied and armed, you headed out the cafe. Joshua didn't speak while you readied your group, but his eyes glowed dangerously.

As the group began heading out, Joshua put a few more words in.

"Show me what you got. The strength of the ego will be the your way out of the Rift."

====================================

Objective complete.

New objective: recollect your memories

The objective to survive remains.

The comment Joshua makes regarding the ego will become quite important much later on. Or not? Who knows?

Humans are damned foolish? Alice couldn't agree more. The only thing they wanted was for them and their loved ones to be safe even if the rest of the world perished. She resisted the urge to see if Joshua could dodge bullets.

While Joshua readied them, Alice went over the little memories she had. Her body responded correspondingly, so the only gaps she had to fill was memories in her brain. She began to swing the revolver on her finger in the tiny circle that surrounded the trigger, confident she wouldn't muck it up by accidentally shooting.

It was then she remembered her initial problem and asked Joshua where the extra ammo was. He pointed to a place where the weapons were strewn and with some difficulty Alice separated twelve more bullets and stuffed six into each of her jeans' pockets.

"Ready when you guys are..." She muttered, her hand at the nape of her neck again.

Name: Aquilas

Appearance: She has waist-length dark copper hair tied up in a braid, bangs slightly covering her left eye. She has a lean, slightly muscular body, and is of average height. She has heterochromia, her right eye the color of steel grey and her left eye icy blue, like an alley cat's. She often wears a light grey hoodie over a white button-up long-sleeved blouse and denim jeans. She is often seen wearing a silver lightning-shaped pendant, and it is hinted that this is connected to her past.

Personality: Somewhat quiet and tends to be alone. She doesn't trust anyone easily. She often shows no emotion, but deep inside she is caring and will do anything to protect the people important to her. She is patient, but people wouldn't like her when she's reached her limit. She is claustrophobic, and hates the dark. It also appears she is somewhat afraid of lightning/thunder.

Background: Will be revealed through the RP.

The first thing that Aquilas noticed as she regained consciousness was that her head throbbed painfully.

She slowly opened her eyes, finding herself sitting on a chair, apparently inside a place that looked like a coffee shop. Weird.

She also noticed she wasn't alone. She saw someone, with what---silver hair? Speaking to some people huddled around the place. She felt it was best to keep quiet for now.

Aquilas tried to focus on his words, but her throbbing head made it hard to concentrate. She caught some words, like Aero and Rift and recovering memories, but none of them added up nor made sense. 

Wait. . .memories? That was when she realized that aside from her name, she remembered nothing else. She took a deep breath, and opened her eyes, and heard the silver-haired guy say something about the strength of ego being the way out of the Rift. 

As she sat there, dazed, she saw a black-haired girl walk over somewhere, and caught a glimpse of some bullets. Her eyes widened. Apparently, whoever these people were, they had weapons. 

Nobody else had seemed to notice she was already conscious. By her side, near the left, there was a counter top where she saw two cups, and she grabbed one and peeked inside. It contained black, swirling liquid. How strange. She put it back on the counter.

She needed to know what in the world was happening and where in the world she was. And she figured the only way to find out was to ask the people around her, even though it seemed dangerous, considering the fact that these people had weapons. She had no choice. She took a deep breath, the throbbing in her head growing weaker.

"Ready when you guys are." She heard the black-haired girl say.

Near her, Aquilas saw a girl with short blue hair tied back in a ponytail. She tugged at the girl's shirt, and once their eyes met, she asked, "Where am I?"

Tasmin walked over to her and comforted her with words that did feel good, but it only creeped her out because of that dream. Still, she smiled and nodded.  When she left, Iyana looked again, she saw that the formerly-unconscious boy was now awake and arguing with Alice. She stood up, removed her Swiss Army knife from her makeshift sheath and flicked at some of the walls with it, imagining slashing her weaknesses

Slash! Down went her fears. According to what she had figured out, she was a survivalist. Survivalists should be tough, which she was completely not. She practiced attacking the air, thinking that she was bringing down Shadows, Reapers and Jaegers, vaguely aware of a fight between Tasmin and Hesh, the new boy, about his bag (Prem may or may not be happy about this.)

She kept practicing until...

"You really all don't learn, do you?" Joshua noted as he closed the door behind him, a pack slung over his shoulder. He threw the pack at Hesh's feet. She figured that it was his bag.  "I took out all the explosives," he noted

She made a mental note to be wary around Hesh. Anyone who keeps explosives in his bag is dangerous, even if she was trying to be brave. Apparently,Joshua had the same opinion. 

"As a group, you're barely capable of taking on the creatures, and now you want to split up? Do you humans even think?" With that steely remark, an unusual silence fell over the cafe. "Apparently you don't," Joshua finally commented after a minute of silence.

Because of feelings, she thought. Humans were prone to reflex actions because of feelings, mostly.

"Not only were you planning to split into smaller groups unable to defend themselves, but you were about to lead Hesh out into the Rift, where the poison was going to kill him." He mumbled something under his breath, something like "impossible humans", and then cleared his throat.

He speaks like he's not human. But then she remembered Alita saying something about them being angels.

"Knowing Alita, she told you that I distrust humans. Well, here's the reason why. You humans are foolish." He sat down, grabbed two cups, somehow filled them with the coffee-like poison or whatever-it-was they drank earlier, and slid them across the table. His intention was clear, and the two seemed to get it. They drank it as Joshua continued

"After you get those two ready, then you can move out. As a group. It would be best to hurry." His expression tightened. "Aero's arrival means that the Rift army will be returning eventually. You don't have much more time to recover your memories and get out of here." 

Wasn't that our main purpose?!, she wanted to scream, but somehow she knew that wasn't it as the boy and girl chose from the yellow-tinted weapons and filed out along with them.

As they began heading out, Joshua put a few more words in.

"Show me what you got. The strength of the ego will be the your way out of the Rift."

At the what you got part, her hand went to her Swiss Army knife. It was time to show that she won't be a scared little girl, but wondered what was the ego. She tightened the cloth tying the knife to her arm, and set off into the white unknown of the Rift

Aquilas stared down her cup at the black swirling liquid inside it. She wasn't sure if she should really drink this, given that she was in the middle of nowhere with a couple of strangers who apparently had weapons, and looking outside didn't help one bit. Not too far from the coffee shop was filled with debris, like something from the sky crashed into it. Only there wasn't any sky. Anything beyond the horizon was white. Nothing. White emptiness.

She wasn't even sure if she could trust these strangers. What if what she was about to drink was some sort of poison or drug? What if these people were behind her amnesia? Her being stuck in a coffee shop in the middle of a never ending white space?

Or what if they were just like her? Woke up in the middle of nowhere with a couple of strangers, not remembering anything else but their names? Either way, Aquilas needed an explanation.

She looked at the strangers. None of them introduced themselves to her yet. Well, she hadn't introduced herself to them either. She thought maybe it would be best to get to know these people, perhaps accompany them. They looked like they were about to go on an adventure. Well, even if she didn't want to go with them, she would have no choice since they looked like they were the only people around there. 

She stared down her coffee cup as she processed all this. Finally, she decided. "I guess it's worth a try." Aquilas gulped down her drink. The next thing she saw was darkness.

Then yellow spots were dancing in her sight. The world around her swirled as her head started to throb again, this time much worse than before. She had to hold on the counter top to prevent herself from falling as the coffee shop around her spun around, yellow and white spots dancing in her vision.

She closed her eyes, the throbbing in her head now faster. It was as though it was audible, and as it grew louder and louder in her ears she saw a vision.

A few seconds later, her eyes opened. The throbbing was now gone, and the coffee shop had stopped spinning. She felt tears in her eyes and she realized she was breaking in cold sweat at what she'd seen. Her body was trembling, but she managed to set the coffee cup down and stand up.

"What was that?" She asked, rubbing her eyes. It took a couple of moments for her to regain her balance, and she was told to pick some weapons.

She touched a dagger's hilt hesitantly, intrigued by its yellow sheen. She unsheathed it, running her thumb down the sharp blade. She returned it to its sheath then put it in her pocket. She also picked up a pistol and a couple of cartridge, and put it in a black leather bag she just realized she had.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a second, trying to get her mind around what she saw. She felt that there was more to it than that, but the more she tried to remember, the more it slipped away, like water in cupped hands. 

She saw the others getting up and getting ready to leave the shop, and she followed behind, a little bit far.

At the corner of her eye she saw a girl with long black curls held back by a head band, her deep violet eyes behind her glasses seemingly pensive. She looked deep in thought, and a piece of cloth was tied to her arm. Aquilas guessed that a knife was tied to the girl's arm, because she used to do that as well. 

They went outside, into the whiteness that extended beyond the horizon, possibly going on forever.

Tamsin stayed silent as Joshua berated them. She hadn't really intended to take Hesh outside for his bag. It was useless to him most likely. She was hoping that when he woke up a bit he would come to his senses about going back out. They were being sent out again now that the other girl had woken and the two newbies had drank the rift antivenin. She hung back as they began moving out, letting the others move at their own pace. Tamsin felt a tug on her sleeve and turned to see the girl, who had dark hair and wore a hoodie, standing behind her. 

"Where am I?" she asked. Tamsin smiled and gestured for the girl to follow, lingering behind the rest of the group so that she could explain the RIft. "We're in a place without time. From what I've seen, I believe most of us are from different worlds and times, and we were drawn here by a Jaeger called Aero. Jaegers are humanoid creatures with color-changing eyes. They're very dangerous, and you are not to engage them. There are two other types of monster called I think, Reapers and Shadows. We can fight them with our enhanced weapons. Our memories have been scattered on entry to the rift, which is itself an insidious place. What you drank will protect you from its poisons. 

"Your memories will be contained in yellow crystals throughout the rift, and they'll react when you're near. Shadows and the rest feed on the crystals, so we have to gather them before they're consumed. Otherwise the memories inside them will be lost forever. We need to find all our memories to get out of here. Sorry to drop so much on you, but you two got bitch slapped into the middle of all this after we got our explanations."

She offered a hand with another smile, then added, "Bag boy is Hesh, Skull-cap's name is Prem. The younger girl is Iyana, Misaki is the woman in armor, and Alice is the one over there. I'm Tamsin, by the way. Do you recall your name?" 

(Back from a trip, missing a lot...)

Hesh coldly answered the question, "I need to get out from this f***ed place alone with out your interfere. I totaly forgot what's inside the bag. And what's the posion inside the Rift? It this like a suicide mission to collet the yellow cristals of memories? I'll wish that f*** who sent me to this place will had their head pop off like a melon!"

Hesh looked at Joshua, "Ego? Man, you need to learn better than that." He told him.

He opened the bag, revealing several firearms on it. He looked at Aquilas, "Hey, my name's Hesh. If you need some hardware..." He pulled a Glock 18. "You can have it..." He continued.

Prem was still lying in the corner of the room, sleeping... -____-

Though he had missed out the drama but Prem is pretty much 'without ego' kinda guy... His memories does remind him getting bullied at school...

Alice came, took off his cap, and dragged the chair away from the table... Making Prem fall on his back...

"Buckle up sissy pants, we're outta here" said Tamsin standing beside the new girl... Unfortunately the girl was unknown to him... But he wasn't really interested as this place was getting filled with ladies...

"Yaaaaa..." He spoke as well as he was yawning at the same time...

"That's Alice for waking me up so decently..", he took his cap and picked his Bow and Arrow which he kept beside him before sleeping...

He took out the Arrows, all the arrows were somewhat the same, yellow in colour... But there was one with a diamond ... "What have you got..? " He asked himself...

He turned back, and saw Joshua... He was about to say something but then paused... He was reminded Of Alita...

He turned back to his Arrow-bow and hung it on his back...

The small harpoon was still hanging along the belt...

And along with everyone he started to move out...

[oi, is it going to be hard to find yellow crystals..?]

Alita sighed. "The reason we gave you those weapons in the first place is so you could hopefully take out a few parts of the enemy. Now...this will get me in pretty serious trouble," she began, and then mumbled under her breath "I'm really going to be boiled, you know", and then continued, "But my superior really doesn't feel like you humans are worth saving. It's why he treated your sword and weapons, but not your armor...he doesn't care about your survival in the slightest."

An outrage amongst the group occured but Alita quickly shushed them before continuing to explain, "Watch your mouth. Don't insult Joshua. He's not a mere angel, you know, like I am." 

The girl fell silent until they reached the impact site. Misaki rushed over to the two people lying on the ground. "Are you ok?" she asked.

"How you all still alive, huh?"

The armored girl whipped around to find the source of the unknown voice. It came from a hooded figure, with the only two distinguishing figures being eyes that would constantly change color and a large, misformed mechanical right arm with gears and pistons jutting out of it like spikes.

The figure sneered. "And I went to all the trouble of throwing you all in here, too. You just won't die, human swine. Though I suppose the only reason you survived is because Kitty girl and God complex didn't let you guys die."

She got ready to fight, putting her hand on her sword before noticing that Alita was moving her right hand onto the scar on her neck. Only a single sentence escaped her lips: "Aero...why her?" Unlike her other words, this time, fear emanated from Alita. She clenched her shaking fists and clattering teeth, and shouted out, "Go to the shop! Take those two with you! I'll buy you time!"

Aero cackled, a harsh sound that resonated through the nothing of the Rift. "That's right! Run, human swine! The Jaegers will get you, just like they did the rest of your lot!"

"Just go!"

Misaki wanted to stay, to fight, but there was no way the group could carry both people without her, so she took one of the bodies and, with the help of Tasmin, carried them back to the cafe. Iyana had grabbed her hand, trying to get her to hurry since the armor did slow her down. She refused to look back at the battle between Aero and Alita for she knew she wouldn't be able to handle seeing the sight.

The group rushed into the cafe, crashing into the cafe seats, before placing the two unconscious people in chairs. While things seemed to buzz around her, she headed off into a corner and closed her eyes, fingers weaving through her short hair. She had never taken to losing anyone very well, and when it did happen she needed to given time to breathe and process it in her own way. She sacrificed herself for us... You can't save everyone Misaki, you know it's not possible. You were told this! Focus on how you saved people, how you helped someone...

She noticed that Tasmin said her name, but she just needed to think and be left alone. She didn't tune back in until she heard Joshua say, "You really all don't learn, do you?"

As Misaki turned to face him, he closed the door behind him, a pack slung over his shoulder. He threw the pack at the boy's feet. "I took out all the explosives," he noted, then added, "What the hell are you?" It wasn't a question to be answered, and his tone made it absolutely clear.

"As a group, you're barely capable of taking on the creatures, and now you want to split up? Do you humans even think?" With that steely remark, silence fell over the group. "Apparently you don't," Joshua finally commented. "Not only were you planning to split into smaller groups unable to defend themselves, but you were about to lead Hesh out into the Rift, where the poison was going to kill him." 

Joshua mumbled something under his breath before clearing his throat. "Knowing Alita, she told you that I distrust humans. Well, here's the reason why. You humans are damned foolish." He took a chair and quickly sat down. He grabbed two cups, somehow filled with the same black mixture, and slid them across the table. 

"After you get those two ready, then you can move out. As a group. It would be best to hurry." His expression tightened. "Aero's arrival means that the Rift army will be returning eventually. You don't have much more time to recover your memories and get out of here." 

After the newest members of the group had drank the mixture and taken some weapons, they headed out. As the group began heading out, Joshua put a few more words in. "Show me what you got. The strength of the ego will be the your way out of the Rift."

Hesh looked at his friends as they head out, "Whatever what Joshua said, get out from the Rift or die trying..." He also drink that mixture and took his Glock 18 with him. Hesh asked the group, "So why you guys are trapped with me?"

Talking to someone made Aquilas feel a little better. At least she knew how she got in there, in what they call the Rift, and had at least an explanation. What the reason was, though, why she was brought there, she didn't know and she was determined to find out. Judging by Tamsin's story, the Rift seemed like a pretty dangerous place, and whoever brought her in there was no friend. 

Aquilas listened as Tamsin continued with her story. So the one that brought them there was a Jaeger named Aero. Aquilas wasn't entirely sure but it felt like she heard that name before. How strange, she thought, how that she could remember, while the rest of her memory was still scattered somewhere in the Rift. And finding them seemed almost impossible, if not totally impossible, which meant that getting out of there was almost impossible as well. Aquilas cringed at the thought. She willed herself not to panic. This wasn't the perfect time to let her claustrophobia take over her. If she wanted to get out of there, she needed to be strong.

". . .Sorry to drop so much on you, but you two got bitch slapped into the middle of all this after we got our explanations." Tamsin said, and offered a hand with a smile. Aquilas smiled back and took her hand. At least she wasn't alone in this near-impossible, perilous journey. "It's not your fault," Aquilas replied. 

"Bag boy is Hesh, Skull-cap's name is Prem. The younger girl is Iyana, Misaki is the woman in armor, and Alice is the one over there. I'm Tamsin, by the way. Do you recall your name?" Aquilas's eyes wandered over their companions as Tasmin said their names. "I'm Aquilas." She answered, looking at Tamsin. "Nice meeting you, Tamsin, even though the situation we're in isn't really that nice. And also, thank you for the enlightenment." Aquilas smiled, then stared at the horizon, the never-ending white space of the Rift as they continued to walk farther away from the coffee shop. 

As they walked, Aquilas called out, "Hey guys, where are we headed? Surely we're not just walking out here with no absolute destination, right?"