Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Movie 18: Dimensional Sniper

to be honest, i found this movie a little boring. i expected more from Akai Suuichi, but...well.

Gosho -san said himself he will deal with Akai after the movie, so I suppose he made a small appearance so that later he'll have a much larger role in the manga.. 

Gosho -san said himself he will deal with Akai after the movie, so I suppose he made a small appearance so that later he'll have a much larger role in the manga.. 

naruhodo..

Watched this movie with korean sub two weeks ago... it was so good <3

It was great to see Akai/Okiya xD

And Conan at the end with the soccer ball was just... whoa O_O

I only liked the Okiya/Akai moments...and also it was cute when Okiya left flowers for Sera in the hospital...at least he cares for her sister even if he can't tell her anything.

But I was sad there wasn't enough Haibara in that movie.

I only liked the Okiya/Akai moments...and also it was cute when Okiya left flowers for Sera in the hospital...at least he cares for her sister even if he can't tell her anything.

But I was sad there wasn't enough Haibara in that movie.

True... Haibara didn't come out a lot -- well, the Detective Boys in general :P

I thought she would play more of a part, though, since Okiya/Akai has a major connection with her, but I guess that didn't really play a part in the plot.

I thought she would play more of a part, though, since Okiya/Akai has a major connection with her, but I guess that didn't really play a part in the plot.

^Praised be, though they did play a bit of a role in the climax.  They weren't as annoying as usual, from what I can recall.  I wished Haibara played a larger part in the movie, though the parts she did play felt a bit out of character. 

yeah you're right...

I just wished she had some interaction with Okiya,but I guess we'll see that in the manga,which is better in a way.

But Ai was weird,OOC in that movie,I didn't like that.But well it was Akai's movie so they focused more on him,and the FBI.

^Praised be, though they did play a bit of a role in the climax.  They weren't as annoying as usual, from what I can recall.  I wished Haibara played a larger part in the movie, though the parts she did play felt a bit out of character. 

Yessssss the Detective Boys tend to be so annoying so I was not really sorry that they didn't come out a lot...

It felt weird, though, to not see Haibara play a bigger role... I sort of felt like her role of working with Conan was replaced by Sera...

Yessssss the Detective Boys tend to be so annoying so I was not really sorry that they didn't come out a lot...

It felt weird, though, to not see Haibara play a bigger role... I sort of felt like her role of working with Conan was replaced by Sera...

well, sera is the only girl character that likes mystery (let's discount female detective from detective koushien). from the start, Ai is not a big fan of mystery solving. 

well, sera is the only girl character that likes mystery (let's discount female detective from detective koushien). from the start, Ai is not a big fan of mystery solving. 

yeah but i meant it like haibara helps conan on a lot of cases even though she may not be the one who tries to solve all the mysteries...

i guess it's natural tho that sera played a major role because her brother is akai after all... :P

i guess it's natural tho that sera played a major role because her brother is akai after all... :P

Quite the opposite, actually--Sera's role was mainly for fan-service. The movie wouldn't have changed much even if she were to be completely left out. 

Sera's only purpose was to bait Akai's involvement. Note that after Akai visited her in the hospital, she had minimal influence in the movie.

Remember that scene where Sera saved Conan from getting shot? Ran could have easily taken that role. "Ran becomes damsel in distress" could have been checked off of the producers checklist using that instead of the scene where she stupidly charged towards the man with the gun.

I thought he wasn't involved in the production of the movies at all...

Quite the opposite, actually--Sera's role was mainly for fan-service. The movie wouldn't have changed much even if she were to be completely left out. 

Sera's only purpose was to bait Akai's involvement. Note that after Akai visited her in the hospital, she had minimal influence in the movie.

Remember that scene where Sera saved Conan from getting shot? Ran could have easily taken that role. "Ran becomes damsel in distress" could have been checked off of the producers checklist using that instead of the scene where she stupidly charged towards the man with the gun.

thts true -- sera was practically nonexistent for the movie except for like the beginning...

Ran stupidly running towards the man was somewhat stupid, but I personally find it much "better" than the part in movie 17 when she falls into the sea and all that romance about finding her... that part was very laughable

yes

with the FBI and police...and ofc KOGORO, maybe Eri and the Doc and thats it

no Sera no ran no sonoko no DBs no pony in danger and all that stuff

For me, it's just Sonoko and DB getting on my nerves... I'll be very glad if there was more FBI action in the movies, though :D

"no pony in danger" lol xD yes it would be good to have no ponies in danger haha