Detective Conan World
Black Demon

Mary Discussion Thread

About "Mysterious Girl"  

106 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What is her true identity?

• Masumi's full sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's half sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's step sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's adoptive sibling (neither Shuichi nor the second brother)
    • Masumi's mother
    • Masumi's second brother
    • Masumi's cousin
    • Shuichi Akai
    • Other kind of relative not mentioned above
    • The "real" Subaru Okiya (not one of the characters above)
    • A child of Masumi's father's rich friend (not one of the characters above)
    • Just an ordinary friend of Masumi (not one of the characters above)
    • Member from the Black Organization (not one of the characters above)
    • Member from the FBI/CIA/other law enforcement (not one of the characters above)
    • Other (please explain)
  2. 2. Do you think she is another victim of APTX4869?

• Yes
    • No (She ages normally)
    • No (She doesn't age naturally)
    • She was a victim of/was exposed to something similar in nature (e.g Silver Bullet, whatever affected Vermouth's aging etc.)
    • Other possibilities (please explain)
  3. 3. Her true gender? (Must NOT contradict with your vote on her identity above, this is mostly for options that don't explain her gender like sibling, cousin, friend etc.)

I really dislike the theory of Elena and Akai's mom being sisters...Nothing in the story implied that Elena had a sister,so it would just come out of nowhere.

If Elena had a sister,she would have had some photos of her,and probably Akemi would know that,and maybe Elena would have told that to Shiho in her tapes.Same thing for Akai's mom,I doubt she would hide she has a sister to Shuichi (considering Shuichi was close to Akemi and Shiho,he probably saw Elena in a photo or something like that,and he would make the connection quickly,).

Concerning Sera having British habits,it could be because of James' influence on her(he's british too),assuming he's the friend who helps her.

I really don't want to make theories about the two sisters thing,mostly because we have no real clues,evidences to make a good theory.But i agree about the theory of Mystery girl being Sera's mom and Shukichi the middle Brother.

I'm pretty sure I read the fact that Masumi's mother was one of the 2 sisters in the translating interviews topic.

Are you certain what you read was the interview translation itself and not someone's speculation (which can also be found here and there in the interview thread)? Because I haven't found a source where Gosho claimed that Masumi's mother is the sister either.

For reference, the interview where Gosho denied Yukiko being the sister comes from SDB70+, question no. 67 specifically. Here's the translation of it. You can see the Raw version of said Q&A here. There is no mention of Masumi's mother in either of the answers, so it can neither confirm nor deny the possibility of her being one of the sisters.

First of all, I'm not bashing. I'm sorry if my post reflects that, but I'm not. I simply want you to further explain what your theory is; I know you're not crazy, but it's still hard to answer or play devil's advocate when you just post a few sentences and leave. And your attitude towards Balthazar is unjustified. He's saying that it's unlikely Gosho will play a big trick on us after 10 years, and I agree. Also, all he did was ask if you read the manga or watch the anime. We all know you somehow got this knowledge for DC, so you didn't understand the question.

Ooh... I see. See, I didn't realize you meant that there was a different boss until now.

Well, I guess your theory is possible? I'm not the person who has a database of DC knowledge, so there's no one specific fact that would disprove it. However, I feel that it's highly unlikely, due to its vagueness and its deviation from such a long plot line (also because I have no idea what the Akai arc thing was like). I'd send Gosho cookies if he were able to pull off such a big troll thing on us, but alas, he's one who likes the run the plot behind the cases instead of being all plot-intense like the 1-2 cour anime shows.

sorry if i sounded rude i,m still uneasy with english its also why i don't make big text (i'm bad at text even in french so well )

we,ll see what will happen when it will happen 

the bashing wasn't directed to you santa but i read it rudely when the person said i wasn,t reading dc the way he/she said 

we,re not in gosho shoes so we can just wait between the many pauses and DBs cases lol

Are you certain what you read was the interview translation itself and not someone's speculation (which can also be found here and there in the interview thread)? Because I haven't found a source where Gosho claimed that Masumi's mother is the sister either.

For reference, the interview where Gosho denied Yukiko being the sister comes from SDB70+, question no. 67 specifically. Here's the translation of it. You can see the Raw version of said Q&A here. There is no mention of Masumi's mother in either of the answers, so it can neither confirm nor deny the possibility of her being one of the sisters.

Well honestly, it was sometime ago and it's been a while since I read the interviews, so I don't really remember. So it's not far-fetched that I thought it was an interview, but I still think I read it somewhere, maybe the interview isn't on this site?

I really dislike the theory of Elena and Akai's mom being sisters...Nothing in the story implied that Elena had a sister,so it would just come out of nowhere.

If Elena had a sister,she would have had some photos of her,and probably Akemi would know that,and maybe Elena would have told that to Shiho in her tapes.Same thing for Akai's mom,I doubt she would hide she has a sister to Shuichi (considering Shuichi was close to Akemi and Shiho,he probably saw Elena in a photo or something like that,and he would make the connection quickly,).

Concerning Sera having British habits,it could be because of James' influence on her(he's british too),assuming he's the friend who helps her.

I really don't want to make theories about the two sisters thing,mostly because we have no real clues,evidences to make a good theory.But i agree about the theory of Mystery girl being Sera's mom and Shukichi the middle Brother.

I won't argue about the 2 sisters thing, but Sera being British is more likely than her having British habits from James, because Sera didn't live with James, she came to Japan not too long ago, before that she was in America for the past 3 years, so it's very unlikely she'd get British habits from James in that small period of time, besides, Sera says 'football' instead of 'soccer', football is British, while soccer is American.

Well honestly, it was sometime ago and it's been a while since I read the interviews, so I don't really remember. So it's not far-fetched that I thought it was an interview, but I still think I read it somewhere, maybe the interview isn't on this site?

I won't argue about the 2 sisters thing, but Sera being British is more likely than her having British habits from James, because Sera didn't live with James, she came to Japan not too long ago, before that she was in America for the past 3 years, so it's very unlikely she'd get British habits from James in that small period of time, besides, Sera says 'football' instead of 'soccer', football is British, while soccer is American.

Well I thought maybe James was taking care of the Akai family after Akai's dad death,when Sera was young.Then maybe she learn things from him,and took his british habits.

Well I thought maybe James was taking care of the Akai family after Akai's dad death,when Sera was young.Then maybe she learn things from him,and took his british habits.

Well, I'm not sure that Sera took British habits from James but I agree with you on the fact that he took care of her. Two elements, the hotel where Sera live is paying by a friend more or less rich but not quite as Sonoko's family. James job's on the FBI make that he can afford it. Plus, where Conan didn't saw that Sera was a girl the first time he met her, despite his observations skills, James Black didn't hesitate about her gender.

This could explain that Sera's dad was a great friend of Black on the FBI and died on duty but I think there is something more about him. This could imply that maybe James knows more than he's saying about the Mysterious Girl and the Organization. But its to soon to theorize about it yet.

Well, I'm not sure that Sera took British habits from James but I agree with you on the fact that he took care of her. Two elements, the hotel where Sera live is paying by a friend more or less rich but not quite as Sonoko's family. James job's on the FBI make that he can afford it. Plus, where Conan didn't saw that Sera was a girl the first time he met her, despite his observations skills, James Black didn't hesitate about her gender.

This could explain that Sera's dad was a great friend of Black on the FBI and died on duty but I think there is something more about him. This could imply that maybe James knows more than he's saying about the Mysterious Girl and the Organization. But its to soon to theorize about it yet.

yeah it's too soon to make theories without any solid clues,let's wait for Gosho to reveal more about the Akai family.I hope it won't be disappointing.

However I'm surprised Conan doesn't seem to care about the Mystery girl anymore,while he was curious about her when he saw her.I wonder if he talked to Shuichi,or something like that.

yeah it's too soon to make theories without any solid clues,let's wait for Gosho to reveal more about the Akai family.I hope it won't be disappointing.

However I'm surprised Conan doesn't seem to care about the Mystery girl anymore,while he was curious about her when he saw her.I wonder if he talked to Shuichi,or something like that.

Well, I still think Conan doesn't know for certain that Sera is Akai's sister, he probably thinks about it but I don't think he's sure about it yet, so he probably won't ask Akai about it, but to answer your question I guess there are 2 possibilities:

1) Maybe it's because of RUM, I mean RUM is way more important than the unknown child, so he's probably focusing on that for now.

2) Typical Conan, he already knows about it all and is waiting for the chance to reveal it.

I wanted to put it out there that if the mystery child, Xrii, is Mrs. Akai and the sister of Elena Miyano it is possible that Elena did complete the drug before disappearing, but left the working sample with her sister instead of allow the BO to know about it or have it. Mrs Akai then took the drug to escape someone later.

I have no proof for this, but I figured it was an interesting idea to explain why anyone else would be shrinking.

• Upvote 3

1. She is Masumi's mother

2. She is a victim of APTX

3. She is a girl (She!)

That are my answers in the poll. I want to elaborate it

1. Judging from her face, I think it's pretty obvious that they are relatives. I also know that Akai and Masumi have the same features as their mother (with the 2nd brother to the father). She seems to be the one who is giving pointers to Masumi not the other way around (well, typically the older one should be the one doing it). That also shifts me to the second point that she is a victime of the drug

2. She is something like 14 y.o. as oppose to Conan's and Haibara's age (6/7 y.o.). It shows that she is much older than the 2 mentioned and it is highly possible that she has indeed the age of a mother (my guess is around 50). Of course it is not really a direct minus 10 years old from your current age but I think you get my point. Shinich is 16 and Miyano is 18 so yeah. 

3. I think Gosho won't be that dumb to put a confusion in that girl's gender. I mean, he is a girl as you can see. That 2nd brother just confuses most of you but it does not make sense to force a girl to be a boy just to make a theory feasible. 

Masumi seems to know that Conan is Shinichi. Masumi (and probably Akai) already met Shinichi and Ran before (probably in NY) for unknown reason. Yukiko seems to have a good relationship with Akai (based on the Subaru diguise) so I think that makes sense. However, Yusaku said in Scarlet series that he never met Akai so that's still bothering me. What's outside the picture is the parents of Akai and Sera. I think that's where the mysterious girl comes in.

The mysterious girl still don't trust Conan maybe because she is yet to see Conan in person and she needs to trust him because he shares the same situation as her - drunk aptx. Sera already trusts Conan because 1. She is already with him in many cases 2. His middle brother (probably Haneda) trusts him

The wizard is Conan. I don't know what the wizard means though

ps. What's boggling me is Haneda's (the most possible middle brother of Masumi and Akai) age which is 28 and Akai's age which is 27. That's according to wiki of DC. Though I saw somewhere that Akai is already at his 30s. If that's true, then there is no problem since I think formality is the only thing needed to prove that Haneda is the middle brother.

1. She is Masumi's mother

2. She is a victim of APTX

3. She is a girl (She!)

That are my answers in the poll. I want to elaborate it

1. Judging from her face, I think it's pretty obvious that they are relatives. I also know that Akai and Masumi have the same features as their mother (with the 2nd brother to the father). She seems to be the one who is giving pointers to Masumi not the other way around (well, typically the older one should be the one doing it). That also shifts me to the second point that she is a victime of the drug

2. She is something like 14 y.o. as oppose to Conan's and Haibara's age (6/7 y.o.). It shows that she is much older than the 2 mentioned and it is highly possible that she has indeed the age of a mother (my guess is around 50). Of course it is not really a direct minus 10 years old from your current age but I think you get my point. Shinich is 16 and Miyano is 18 so yeah. 

3. I think Gosho won't be that dumb to put a confusion in that girl's gender. I mean, he is a girl as you can see. That 2nd brother just confuses most of you but it does not make sense to force a girl to be a boy just to make a theory feasible. 

Masumi seems to know that Conan is Shinichi. Masumi (and probably Akai) already met Shinichi and Ran before (probably in NY) for unknown reason. Yukiko seems to have a good relationship with Akai (based on the Subaru diguise) so I think that makes sense. However, Yusaku said in Scarlet series that he never met Akai so that's still bothering me. What's outside the picture is the parents of Akai and Sera. I think that's where the mysterious girl comes in.

The mysterious girl still don't trust Conan maybe because she is yet to see Conan in person and she needs to trust him because he shares the same situation as her - drunk aptx. Sera already trusts Conan because 1. She is already with him in many cases 2. His middle brother (probably Haneda) trusts him

The wizard is Conan. I don't know what the wizard means though

ps. What's boggling me is Haneda's (the most possible middle brother of Masumi and Akai) age which is 28 and Akai's age which is 27. That's according to wiki of DC. Though I saw somewhere that Akai is already at his 30s. If that's true, then there is no problem since I think formality is the only thing needed to prove that Haneda is the middle brother.

I just want to point out some few things:

It's highly unlikely if not impossible that Ran and Shinichi met Akai and Sera in NY, Sera said that they moved to America only 3 years ago, Ran had a flashback of a very young Sera, that means they met around 10 years ago, so they had to have met in Japan, I also doubt Akai was with her, since he didn't recognize Ran and neither Ran nor Shinichi recognized him when they each saw him for the first time, I would assume the middle brother(Shuukichi) and the mother(unknown child) were with Sera instead, also, Akai's age is still unknown, 27 is the age he was using as Okiya. As for the Wizard, it's probably because of a case that young Shinichi solved or something like that, a case which was like magic.

• Upvote 2

I think the unknown child is most likely related to Sera, possibly her mother who was a victim of the black organisations drug from a long time ago (since she is mature and intelligent and reminds me a bit of Haibara <3). Also at the end of one of the episodes she seemed sick because she was coughing. This made me think that maybe after a long period of time from being affected by the apox drug, the victim gets sick and possibly close to death if not cured with a full proof antidote. Sera is so interested in Conan and Haibara because they are as you could say 'fresh' victims. The unknown child also said she doesn't trust Conan yet, so obviously she is waiting to see if he's trustworthy enough to help her and tell him important information she may know about the organization... welp im probably completely wrong but whatever, just thought i might throw out what my theory was. I REALLY WANT TO KNOW THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SERA, SHINICHI, AND RAN :( 

I think the unknown child is most likely related to Sera, possibly her mother who was a victim of the black organisations drug from a long time ago (since she is mature and intelligent and reminds me a bit of Haibara <3). Also at the end of one of the episodes she seemed sick because she was coughing. This made me think that maybe after a long period of time from being affected by the apox drug, the victim gets sick and possibly close to death if not cured with a full proof antidote. Sera is so interested in Conan and Haibara because they are as you could say 'fresh' victims. The unknown child also said she doesn't trust Conan yet, so obviously she is waiting to see if he's trustworthy enough to help her and tell him important information she may know about the organization... welp im probably completely wrong but whatever, just thought i might throw out what my theory was. I REALLY WANT TO KNOW THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SERA, SHINICHI, AND RAN :(

Actually, I would say that you are correct about everything.

I dont know much about Sera but my opinion is:

After Akai faked his death  he went to his brother to take his identity((very kind brother) :) ) and they came to the idea that shuichi takes his brother identity and his brother shrinks somehow (maybe cuz he couldnt disguise) with aptx or another drug (i read a theory says that Elina Miyano and Sera mother knew each other before so maybe they knew how to make aptx or silver bullet)or simply with any other shrinker ,,,, and disguises as a female because maybe his look was known ..... and he lives with Sera until Shuichi is finished from whatever he wants........

I say i dont know much but this theory may be true

That theory is very unlikely, especially with the hints we have right now, if you want to know the most likely theory, read the previous posts on this page, but the main point is, Shuukichi Haneda(Yumi's ex-boyfriend) is the middle brother, and the unknown child is Sera's mother.

Her face looks similar to the face of sera and akai

That's why she should be the mother, the middle brother does not look like Akai and Sera since he looks like their father while the other 2 look like their mother.

Hey Guys I think she is related somehow to haibara because she looks like her and because of Sera's weird reaction about haibara

There is a theory that says she is Haibara's aunt, since Gosho mentioned two mothers being sisters, and he confirmed that Sera's mother is one of them and the other one isn't Yukiko, the most popular theory is that the other sister is Elena which might give us an explanation to why the mother of Sera shrunk.

• Upvote 1

There is a theory that says she is Haibara's aunt, since Gosho mentioned two mothers being sisters, and he confirmed that Sera's mother is one of them and the other one isn't Yukiko, the most popular theory is that the other sister is Elena which might give us an explanation to why the mother of Sera shrunk.

when did he say that (please give me the link)

when did he say that (please give me the link)

Super Digest Book 70

"Are Yukiko and Sera's mum sisters?"

Answer : The sister isn't Yukiko but...

http://forums.dctp.ws/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12439&p=842050#p842050

That's the one I can think off right now, I think there are is also another interview where he said something about that, but I can't quite recall which.

• Upvote 1