Detective Conan World
TML

Dr. Agasa & the Black Organization

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Dr. Agasa is affiliated with the Black Organization?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think Agasa would be the BO Boss. He may be related to the BO in a way, he's an inventor and rather smart. But I doubt that Gosho will make him the boss. Shocking? Yes, however if you were to Agasa is the boss, he's had many possibilities to carry something out, whether it would be killing Ai or getting certain information. I think Agasa could be a suspect, but not the correct answer. I have higher expectations for the BO Boss to be honest.

the boss is

inspec10.jpg

and the bo is called mad so its why we'll know who's the boss if we know the org name.pretty obvious isn't it

really i think its someone that no one ever suspected and agasa is the first one that have been suspected i think goaho is smarter than that

I think Agasa Hakase has had a past with the organization that he's not revealing, but I don't believe he was a member or the head. He seems a bit too afraid of the members to be affiliated, and I don't believe he would have hidden Haibara this long if the leader wanted her disposed of. Also, something seems off. I'm unsure of whether he's been an enemy of Anokata's or just worried for Shinichi, but I can't sense any darkness from him, and Haibara has never felt anything even when he's been stressed or emotional. Alsom, if he were part of or the leader of the Black Organization, I believe he would have made it known to the others that he was a friend of Mouri Kogoro's, therefore preventing the snipeout with Shuuichi at the Detective Agency. This would be especially true if for some reason he was hiding Conan's true identity from them, as he was in immediate danger during that episode.

I am unsure as to Anokata's identity, though I would be amused if it turned out to be Kudo Yuusaku, Okino Yoko, or Snake from Magic Kaito. (Especially the second one. I've already pictured Kogoro's face when he would find out XD) It is possible that we have not been introduced to the character who is Anokata. But on that note, it is also possible that Masumi Sera is Bourbon. XD I am not actually suspicious of any officers, but then again, if the movie producers had been told Anokata's identity, it could be Superindendent Matsumoto. (Irish could have asked the boss to allow him to impersonate him in order to retrieve their microchip) Other than that, I have no ideas at the moment.

in one of the latest interview let me find it

Allow me to say reliable sources are needed.

My criteria is link to the original source from a reliable medium (publication from shogakukan or magazine or other interview, and if video, a nico nico link or youtube link), translation from a reliable source, and lastly the link you found it from...

The reason I say all of this is that, in all honesty... This is the internet, and you can't believe everything you read. I highly doubt a mystery writer like Gosho would reveal anything in the end game prior to actually inking it. This is the reason why though I find some of the information from some of these "interviews" intriguing, I don't think anything of it unless I can see the original. Because otherwise it is very easily faked.

Just saying... If you come back with a forum link with some Kana c/ped with a translation under it and no reference to an identifiable original source, I call it fake.

Sources, sources.

I can give a source - and it's from 2chan, essentially. ^^; This is my original post - and as I mentioned in that post, it's up to you to believe this spoiler or not. I can translate the entire post where I got that spoiler from, if you'd like:

445 : 作者の都合により名無しです : 2011/06/25(土) 15:28:12.02 ID:rjCoLlGx0 [1回発言]

昨日大学でやったらしい青山トークショーのネタバレすごいんだけど

そこまでぶっちゃけるのって感じ

おとなファミよりすごい

445: Anonymous: 2011/06/25 (Sat) 15:28:12.02 ID:rjCoLlGx0 [Commented 1 time]

The spoilers from a talk show Gosho reportedly did yesterday at a university is crazy

Like, you're gonna spoil that much?

It was crazier than [the interview in] OtonaFami

(Note: すごい can mean 'great, terrific, horrible', etc, but for this context I chose 'crazy')

(446-450 pretty much ask 445 to spill the details, then)

451 : 作者の都合により名無しです : 2011/06/25(土) 17:11:43.51 ID:nflQXEXH0 [1回発言]

もったいぶるバカはほおっておけよ

俺が代わりにネタバレしてやる

博士は黒幕ではない

確定

451: Anonymous: 2011/06/25 (Sat) 17:11:43.51 ID:nflQXEXH0 [Commented 1 time]

Ignore the idiot putting on airs

I'll give the spoilers instead

Professor [Agasa] isn't BO boss (Note: 黒幕 literally means 'black curtain' or 'political fixer', but I'm pretty sure it means BO boss here)

Settled

453 : 作者の都合により名無しです : 2011/06/25(土) 18:39:03.56 ID:WCtBexQ10 [1回発言]

今後の展開において28巻を読み直しておくと

おーとなるというレポがあった

453: Anonymous: 2011/06/25 (Sat) 18:39:03.56 ID:WCtBexQ10 [Commented 1 time]

There was a 'Whoa!'-inducing report that said

On future developments, [Gosho said that he'll] re-read Volume 28

457 : 作者の都合により名無しです : 2011/06/25(土) 21:48:18.35 ID:ava55YlP0 [1回発言]

とりあえず検索して出てきた物

来場者との質疑応答があって

博士は黒組織のボス?って質問があって

「阿笠博士は黒の組織のボスじゃありません」って答える

バーローは何故バーローなの?

タッチかなんかあだち充作品の主人公がバーローって言ってたから

世良真純の人気が凄いと講演会で話す

あの花(あの日見た花の名前を僕達はまだ知らない。)を楽しみに見ていた

最終回も見て楽しんでから講演会に来た

花咲くいろはも楽しみに見てるよ

457: Anonymous : 2011/06/25 (Sat) 21:48:18.35 ID:ava55YlP0 [Commented 1 time]

Anyways, here's what through searching

There was a Q&A session with the attendants,

and [Gosho] answered, "Professor Agasa isn't the BO boss"

Why 'バーロー (bah-loh)'? (Note: You usually say 'baka', but Gosho likes to say 'bah-loh')

Because Touch and other works by Adachi Mitsuru said 'bah-loh'

Talks about how popular Sera Masumi is during lecture

Was enjoying あの日見た花の名前を僕達はまだ知らない。 (We still don't know the name of the flower we saw that day)

Enjoyed the last episode then came to lecture

[He] looks forward to watching 花咲くいろは (Blossoming Iroha)

I can give a source - and it's from 2chan, essentially. ^^; This is my original post - and as I mentioned in that post, it's up to you to believe this spoiler or not. I can translate the entire post where I got that spoiler from, if you'd like:

445 : 作者の都合により名無しです : 2011/06/25(土) 15:28:12.02 ID:rjCoLlGx0 [1回発言]

昨日大学でやったらしい青山トークショーのネタバレすごいんだけど

そこまでぶっちゃけるのって感じ

おとなファミよりすごい

445: Anonymous: 2011/06/25 (Sat) 15:28:12.02 ID:rjCoLlGx0 [Commented 1 time]

The spoilers from a talk show Gosho reportedly did yesterday at a university is crazy

Like, you're gonna spoil that much?

It was crazier than [the interview in] OtonaFami

(Note: すごい can mean 'great, terrific, horrible', etc, but for this context I chose 'crazy')

(446-450 pretty much ask 445 to spill the details, then)

451 : 作者の都合により名無しです : 2011/06/25(土) 17:11:43.51 ID:nflQXEXH0 [1回発言]

もったいぶるバカはほおっておけよ

俺が代わりにネタバレしてやる

博士は黒幕ではない

確定

451: Anonymous: 2011/06/25 (Sat) 17:11:43.51 ID:nflQXEXH0 [Commented 1 time]

Ignore the idiot putting on airs

I'll give the spoilers instead

Professor [Agasa] isn't BO boss (Note: 黒幕 literally means 'black curtain' or 'political fixer', but I'm pretty sure it means BO boss here)

Settled

453 : 作者の都合により名無しです : 2011/06/25(土) 18:39:03.56 ID:WCtBexQ10 [1回発言]

今後の展開において28巻を読み直しておくと

おーとなるというレポがあった

453: Anonymous: 2011/06/25 (Sat) 18:39:03.56 ID:WCtBexQ10 [Commented 1 time]

There was a 'Whoa!'-inducing report that said

On future developments, [Gosho said that he'll] re-read Volume 28

457 : 作者の都合により名無しです : 2011/06/25(土) 21:48:18.35 ID:ava55YlP0 [1回発言]

とりあえず検索して出てきた物

来場者との質疑応答があって

博士は黒組織のボス?って質問があって

「阿笠博士は黒の組織のボスじゃありません」って答える

バーローは何故バーローなの?

タッチかなんかあだち充作品の主人公がバーローって言ってたから

世良真純の人気が凄いと講演会で話す

あの花(あの日見た花の名前を僕達はまだ知らない。)を楽しみに見ていた

最終回も見て楽しんでから講演会に来た

花咲くいろはも楽しみに見てるよ

457: Anonymous : 2011/06/25 (Sat) 21:48:18.35 ID:ava55YlP0 [Commented 1 time]

Anyways, here's what through searching

There was a Q&A session with the attendants,

and [Gosho] answered, "Professor Agasa isn't the BO boss"

Why 'バーロー (bah-loh)'? (Note: You usually say 'baka', but Gosho likes to say 'bah-loh')

Because Touch and other works by Adachi Mitsuru said 'bah-loh'

Talks about how popular Sera Masumi is during lecture

Was enjoying あの日見た花の名前を僕達はまだ知らない。 (We still don't know the name of the flower we saw that day)

Enjoyed the last episode then came to lecture

[He] looks forward to watching 花咲くいろは (Blossoming Iroha)

I love how your "source" is A) 2chan (4chan's big brother) and B ) admits that it is hearsay... "reportedly" is a key word there.

As I said.... You need RELIABLE sources... 2chan isn't one...

Allow me to this way with sources... If you can put it into an academic paper, its good, if not... look elsewhere...

Hmm, you're right, I need better sources - *googles, since apparently that's what the 2chan guy did to get all this info*

It seems true that Gosho really did give a lecture at his former university (Nihon University College of Art), according to the university's website. This page talks about the Nichigei Award for Excellence, which Gosho apparently received this year - the website mentions that the award ceremony was moved from March 11th to April 8th due to the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami, so the ceremony happened this year. This website also mentions that the university plans on having the two winners (one of whom is Gosho) give a lecture later. (授賞式は、3月11日の東日本大震災から間もない4月8日、芸術学部新入生歓迎式プログラムとして江古田キャンパスの大ホールで行われ、ご出席いただいた林真理子氏からは、壇上から受賞の喜びとともに励ましの言葉が述べられました。また、仕事の都合で残念ながら欠席された青山剛昌氏は、ビデオで心あたたまるメッセージを届けてくださいました。お二人には後日、学内で講演を行っていただく予定です。)

Then this fan website says that the lecture commemorating the Nichigei Award for Excellence is held on June 24th 2011 from 2pm at Nihon University College of Art Ekoda Hall. Apparently only university students could attend. (学部所属の学生さんのみ参加可能 ... 2011/06/24の14時から、日本大学芸術学部の江古田大ホールで日藝賞記念講演会として、青山先生の講演が行われます。)

One more evidence for the lecture! The university's blog mentions that Gosho's lecture is on June 24th 2011. Here's the poster from that blog:

jpg_8.jpg

Okay, the fact that the lecture happened on June 24th 2011 at Gosho's alma mater seems legit . . . BRB googling more.

EDIT: Also, you have to admit that, while 2chan may not be 100% accurate, they do turn out to be mostly right most of the times. ^^; I mean, I learned about OtonaFami from there, and I always go to the 2chan Shonen Sunday Spoilers board to check for the latest spoilers on the latest Conan file, which has turned out to be pretty accurate so far. I'm also impressed that the lecture turned out to be true, as well.

EDIT2: Found one evidence for claim that "Gosho said Agasa isn't BO boss" via Twitter! This 青木敬士 (Aoki Keishi) person is, according to his profile, the Associate Professor at Nihon University of Art, Literary Arts(Creative Writing), and apparently organized the lecture that Gosho gave on June 24th (this tweet says that, since he is organizing the lecture, his classes are cancelled for those days). He also lent his pen to Aoyama when Aoyama was signing signatures, and he got excited and jokingly tweeted that maybe he should take care not to wipe off Gosho's fingerprints (lol).

This tweet is the main evidence:

青山剛昌先生、講演会の質疑応答で「阿笠博士は黒の組織のボスじゃありません」って明言しちゃってたけど(汗) ……もしかしたら叙述トリックかもしれないよ(笑)

Aoyama Gosho-sensei declared definitively during the lecture's Q&A that "Professor Agasa isn't the Black Organization's boss," ha ha *sweats* . . . maybe this is a narrative trick? (laughs)

This tweet corroborates with what the 2chan board said about Gosho's favorite shows - maybe this is that one 2chan guy's source? I dunno.

講演会来場者との質疑応答のなかにあったんですが、青山剛昌先生も「あの花」の最終回は楽しみにして観ていらしたそうですよ! あと「花咲くいろは」も

This was included in the Q&A with the attendants - reportedly, Aoyama Gosho-sensi also enjoyed watching "Anohana"'s last episode! "Blossoming Iroha", too

Oh! I found Nihon University's profile on Aoki Keishi.

• Upvote 2

Hmm, you're right, I need better sources - *googles, since apparently that's what the 2chan guy did to get all this info*

It seems true that Gosho really did give a lecture at his former university (Nihon University College of Art), according to the university's website. This page talks about the Nichigei Award for Excellence, which Gosho apparently received this year - the website mentions that the award ceremony was moved from March 11th to April 8th due to the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami, so the ceremony happened this year. This website also mentions that the university plans on having the two winners (one of whom is Gosho) give a lecture later. (授賞式は、3月11日の東日本大震災から間もない4月8日、芸術学部新入生歓迎式プログラムとして江古田キャンパスの大ホールで行われ、ご出席いただいた林真理子氏からは、壇上から受賞の喜びとともに励ましの言葉が述べられました。また、仕事の都合で残念ながら欠席された青山剛昌氏は、ビデオで心あたたまるメッセージを届けてくださいました。お二人には後日、学内で講演を行っていただく予定です。)

Then this fan website says that the lecture commemorating the Nichigei Award for Excellence is held on June 24th 2011 from 2pm at Nihon University College of Art Ekoda Hall. Apparently only university students could attend. (学部所属の学生さんのみ参加可能 ... 2011/06/24の14時から、日本大学芸術学部の江古田大ホールで日藝賞記念講演会として、青山先生の講演が行われます。)

One more evidence for the lecture! The university's blog mentions that Gosho's lecture is on June 24th 2011. Here's the poster from that blog:

jpg_8.jpg

Okay, the fact that the lecture happened on June 24th 2011 at Gosho's alma mater seems legit . . . BRB googling more.

EDIT: Also, you have to admit that, while 2chan may not be 100% accurate, they do turn out to be mostly right most of the times. ^^; I mean, I learned about OtonaFami from there, and I always go to the 2chan Shonen Sunday Spoilers board to check for the latest spoilers on the latest Conan file, which has turned out to be pretty accurate so far. I'm also impressed that the lecture turned out to be true, as well.

EDIT2: Found one evidence for claim that "Gosho said Agasa isn't BO boss" via Twitter! This 青木敬士 (Aoki Keishi) person is, according to his profile, the Associate Professor at Nihon University of Art, Literary Arts(Creative Writing), and apparently organized the lecture that Gosho gave on June 24th (this tweet says that, since he is organizing the lecture, his classes are cancelled for those days). He also lent his pen to Aoyama when Aoyama was signing signatures, and he got excited and jokingly tweeted that maybe he should take care not to wipe off Gosho's fingerprints (lol).

This tweet is the main evidence:

青山剛昌先生、講演会の質疑応答で「阿笠博士は黒の組織のボスじゃありません」って明言しちゃってたけど(汗) ……もしかしたら叙述トリックかもしれないよ(笑)

Aoyama Gosho-sensei declared definitively during the lecture's Q&A that "Professor Agasa isn't the Black Organization's boss," ha ha *sweats* . . . maybe this is a narrative trick? (laughs)

This tweet corroborates with what the 2chan board said about Gosho's favorite shows - maybe this is that one 2chan guy's source? I dunno.

講演会来場者との質疑応答のなかにあったんですが、青山剛昌先生も「あの花」の最終回は楽しみにして観ていらしたそうですよ! あと「花咲くいろは」も

This was included in the Q&A with the attendants - reportedly, Aoyama Gosho-sensi also enjoyed watching "Anohana"'s last episode! "Blossoming Iroha", too

Oh! I found Nihon University's profile on Aoki Keishi.

Ah much better.... So based on that... if it IS true (I still have some doubts, but I must say good work), I'd guess that it is a red herring. He explicitly said that Agasa is not the BOSS, which could mean that he is involved in other ways as others have stipulated. Honestly I don't think Gosho is taking anything seriously anymore... Why would he do such a blatant thing to destroy a suspect in the main mystery of his story?

If you read some of Gosho's past interviews, you'll see that he's been rather forthcoming when it comes to spoilers. ^^; For example, in 2006 Gosho spilled that the name of the BO boss was mentioned already in the series in the Asahi evening newspaper.

If you read some of Gosho's past interviews, you'll see that he's been rather forthcoming when it comes to spoilers. ^^; For example, in 2006 Gosho spilled that the name of the BO boss was mentioned already in the series in the Asahi evening newspaper.

But that leads to more speculation than answers.... Which is usually fine... but saying some area of speculation is right or wrong isn't something that is normally done... Also... Gosho has a habit of not following through on certain things he says, or at least changing them slightly...

yes he's affiliated with BO

I think he's not member but could be independent source of inventions...

also I believe that he's got some sort of deeper connection...as deep as it's physically possible without being member...like knowing some BO people as their civilian selves...as proved by knowing Miyanos...

Agasa Is NOT the BOSS of BO!

My Speculations Unrelated To The Topic inside the spoiler

I believe the boss is someone who

*has not met Sherry as Haibara.

*could have faked his death

*Is most likely male

*Has done something to really impress Gin...and that has to be something MAJOR to keep that guy loyal...

*is over 57 years old (child genius/inheritor of loads of money->started the main research project which evolved to criminal Org-could do this by hiring people...I believe that BO's Boss starting intentions weren't bad but due to circumstances he became cynical&Evil)

*Vermouth most likely has deep relation to the boss,but not as lover because she is/was in sexual relation with Gin->why would the boss allow that if she were to be his lover? I believe Vermouth could be sister/mother/daughter of the Boss. To be his favorite for being good at her job as well as being nonaging? I believe that the connection has to be deeper...

*has to be over 50 because it has not been hinted tht the boss has changed. Add Ai's words that the main project has been on over 50 years plus apparently Vermouth hasnt aged and is Sharon/chris and most likely Sharon's mother too.

Absolutely not .The reason for this is ......Ai haibara always has a feeling of fear when she is near a member of BO. Also ,if he was The boss of BO ,why would Gin and Vodka will carry on a very desperate search for ai .Gin is a high ranking member and he would have been surely informed of it .Take the case when ai and gin met on the roof of the hotel .Gin shot Ai and tried to kill her..Why would he do so,if Dr.Agasa the presumed boss of BO hasn't done so yet.So that rules out that Dr.Agasa is a the boss.P.S Shinichi knows Agasa from childhood,and i don't think a criminal mastermind will have much fantasy about children ,which Dr.Agasa has.

And Dr.Agasa would have no reason to not kill Ai and Conan who poses a threat to him.Why would he make new ,cooler gadgets for Conan ,helping him to solve more cases ,thus accelerating his search for BO.There is no possible way that Agasa can be the boss 8-)

I think it is eri kisaki.. i've backed it up w/ very agreeable theories.. follow it in the General Discussion on Who Is the Boss of Black Organizatio...

Anyway, I'm new here..

The primary reason I went here is.. RESEARCH.

I got this crazy-ass

theory that (*thumbs-up to the OP)

ERI KISAKI is either a member or the boss of the BLACK

ORGANIZATION.

WHY?

Facts & Theories:

"Aoyama specified that the name of the

boss has appeared somewhere in the manga"

- It is widely known that Eri Kisaki is the counterpart of ELLERY

QUEEN, therefore:

Queen (the character) is highlighted

in volume 11 of the Case Closed manga's edition of "Gosho Aoyoma's Mystery Library, a section

of the graphic novels (usually the last page) where the author introduces a

different detective (or occasionally, a villain) from mystery literature,

television, or other media. The character Heiji Hattori also mentioned that he prefers

Ellery Queen to Arthur Conan Doyle in volume 12. 

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellery_Queen)

Is this it?  Highly

Probable..

Gosho Aoyama’s unique style is superb..

This classic literary form of “Foreshadowing” or “Red Herring”

is what makes this manga series so addictive.. Indeed, we are always misled

every time that we hardly see connections in small matters such as these…

“Nanatsu no Ko (七つの子, lit. Seven children or Child of seven), is a popular

Japanese children's song written by Ujō Noguchi (野口雨情 Noguchi Ujō). The Black Organization leader uses

this song to encode his/her phone number.”

A bit

far-fetched Theory here:

The Mouri

Family had a tragedy 10 years ago since the first episode that torn their life

asunder…

Ran Mouri was

16 years old in the 1st chapter.. so it can be concluded that she

was 6 years old(turning 7)at that

time..

Or…

It

represents the Nearly Seven Years of Ran’s life in their family.. I think that

this is the reason why Eri uses this phone number..  As a REMEMBRANCE

of the family she had.

Following

on that, The reason Kogorou left the police force is the mystery here… Is it

just because of guilt for shooting her wife? I think not. I think that, most

likely, before that point, Kogorou became aware of Eri’s involvement w/ the

Black Organization.  Also may be Eri

wanted Kogorou to shoot her during that tragedy, as atonement of her sins and also to save Ran’s life. However, It didn’t happen… Seeing

that they’ll never be what was once they used to be, Eri left Kogorou. On the

other hand, Kogorou left the police force because he can’t bear the thought of

turning in his beloved wife..

“It looks like I have given you too

much freedom. Come back to my side, Vermouth.„

—  

The

Boss orders Vermouth to return.

One

of the most intriguing quotes for me…

First,

Let us establish Eri’s connection to Vermouth. Eri is a friend and rival of

Yukiko Kudo, who is also a friend of Vermouth.

Therefore:

It’s not impossible that Eri doesn’t know Vermouth personally. Thus, the fact

that Vermouth is protecting Conan and Ran perfectly fits. Her friend’s son and

her boss’ daughter is what makes her very interested in those two.

Midori Kuriyama (Eri’s assistant) maybe another

persona of Vermouth. Thus, Eri calling Vermouth (Midori) to come back her side

is very plausible…

“The

boss is very careful. Vermouth says, “The boss is always careful to the

extreme. He’s the type to ruin the plan by overthinking it.”

As everyone knows, Eri is very intelligent and always

serious at important matters. Also, Ellery Queen (her counterpart) is known to

be an “over-analytical” person. Thus, once again it fits. The fact that she

never loses against her trial cases proves this quality of hers.

“If the FBI's assessment of the boss is correct, the boss is a forward

thinker. The FBI believed he ordered the assassination of Yasuteru Domon who

wasn't even part of the Diet yet because he was hard on crime and had a chance of

becoming the next Prime Minister.”

Eri is a just person. Yes, being the boss of the Black Organization may

be contradicting to that aspect but it is still probable. We don’t know

anything about Eri’s past so we cannot simply erase her known qualities. Being

a lawyer, I really thinks she lives a double life.. And the thought of a

corrupt official being the Prime Minister is probably not an option for her.

SO WHY DID

SHE ORDERED GIN TO KILL MOURI?

The most logical thing to think is that she

knows someone will stop Gin. Vermouth is there. Conan is there. And Akai is

there. (who knows? Maybe she whistleblowed to Akai?)

But due to

Gin’s nature, Mouri almost died. This shows the human aspect of the BOSS. Just

because The Boss is the Boss doesn’t mean he’s perfect..

Other things:

-she’s a sherlockian     ( shelling ford= password in pisco case)

-> makes it very possible.

- Speculated that Haibara will be

surprised when she know who the boss is… (of course, anyone will be surprised.

This maybe another misdirection by gosho aoyama. He didn’t emphasized that

“Haibara will be the only one surprised”)

-Haibara and Eri haven’t met yet in

the whole series.

There’s a bunch more that I don’t

want to say coz’ im not sure yet.

I’m just 17 but am really a fan of

this series. Add me as a friend. Lol..

I HOPE THIS HELPED A LOT.

ANY COMMENTS, ADD-ONS, AND VIOLENT

REACTIONS IS RECOMMENDED. THANK YOU.

Anyway, I'm new here.. The primary reason I went here is... RESEARCH. I got this crazy-ass theory that (*thumbs-up to the OP) ERI KISAKI is either a member or the boss of the BLACK ORGANIZATION. WHY? Facts & Theories: "Aoyama specified that the name of the boss has appeared somewhere in the manga" - It is widely known that Eri Kisaki is the counterpart of ELLERY QUEEN, therefore: Queen (the character) is highlighted in volume 11 of the Case Closed manga's edition of "Gosho Aoyoma's Mystery Library, a section of the graphic novels (usually the last page) where the author introduces a different detective (or occasionally, a villain) from mystery literature, television, or other media. The character Heiji Hattori also mentioned that he prefers Ellery Queen to Arthur Conan Doyle in volume 12. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellery_Queen) Is this it? Highly Probable.. Gosho Aoyama’s unique style is superb.. This classic literary form of “Foreshadowing” or “Red Herring” is what makes this manga series so addictive.. Indeed, we are always misled every time that we hardly see connections in small matters such as these…

“Nanatsu no Ko (七つの子, lit. Seven children or Child of seven), is a popular Japanese children's song written by Ujō Noguchi (野口雨情 Noguchi Ujō). The Black Organization leader uses this song to encode his/her phone number.” A bit far-fetched Theory here: The Mouri Family had a tragedy 10 years ago since the first episode that torn their life asunder… Ran Mouri was 16 years old in the 1st chapter.. so it can be concluded that she was 6 years old(turning 7)at that time.. Or… It represents the Nearly Seven Years of Ran’s life in their family.. I think that this is the reason why Eri uses this phone number.. As a REMEMBRANCE of the family she had. Following on that, The reason Kogorou left the police force is the mystery here… Is it just because of guilt for shooting her wife? I think not. I think that, most likely, before that point, Kogorou became aware of Eri’s involvement w/ the Black Organization. Also may be Eri wanted Kogorou to shoot her during that tragedy, as atonement of her sins and also to save Ran’s life. However, It didn’t happen… Seeing that they’ll never be what was once they used to be, Eri left Kogorou. On the other hand, Kogorou left the police force because he can’t bear the thought of turning in his beloved wife.. “It looks like I have given you too much freedom. Come back to my side, Vermouth.„The Boss orders Vermouth to return. One of the most intriguing quotes for me… First, Let us establish Eri’s connection to Vermouth. Eri is a friend and rival of Yukiko Kudo, who is also a friend of Vermouth. Therefore: It’s not impossible that Eri doesn’t know Vermouth personally. Thus, the fact that Vermouth is protecting Conan and Ran perfectly fits. Her friend’s son and her boss’ daughter is what makes her very interested in those two. Midori Kuriyama (Eri’s assistant) maybe another persona of Vermouth. Thus, Eri calling Vermouth (Midori) to come back her side is very plausible… “The boss is very careful. Vermouth says, “The boss is always careful to the extreme. He’s the type to ruin the plan by overthinking it.” As everyone knows, Eri is very intelligent and always serious at important matters. Also, Ellery Queen (her counterpart) is known to be an “over-analytical” person. Thus, once again it fits. The fact that she never loses against her trial cases proves this quality of hers. “If the FBI's assessment of the boss is correct, the boss is a forward thinker. The FBI believed he ordered the assassination of Yasuteru Domon who wasn't even part of the Diet yet because he was hard on crime and had a chance of becoming the next Prime Minister.” Eri is a just person. Yes, being the boss of the Black Organization may be contradicting to that aspect but it is still probable. We don’t know anything about Eri’s past so we cannot simply erase her known qualities. Being a lawyer, I really thinks she lives a double life.. And the thought of a corrupt official being the Prime Minister is probably not an option for her. SO WHY DID SHE ORDERED GIN TO KILL MOURI? The most logical thing to think is that she knows someone will stop Gin. Vermouth is there. Conan is there. And Akai is there. (who knows? Maybe she whistleblowed to Akai?) But due to Gin’s nature, Mouri almost died. This shows the human aspect of the BOSS. Just because The Boss is the Boss doesn’t mean he’s perfect.. Other things: -she’s a sherlockian ( shelling ford= password in pisco case) -> makes it very possible. - Speculated that Haibara will be surprised when she know who the boss is… (of course, anyone will be surprised. This maybe another misdirection by gosho aoyama. He didn’t emphasized that “Haibara will be the only one surprised”) -Haibara and Eri haven’t met yet in the whole series. There’s a bunch more that I don’t want to say coz’ im not sure yet. I’m just 17 but am really a fan of this series. Add me as a friend. Lol.. I HOPE THIS HELPED A LOT. ANY COMMENTS, ADD-ONS, AND VIOLENT REACTIONS IS RECOMMENDED. THANK YOU.

Gin received permission from boss to kill Kogoro in FBI vs. Org. The boss could have easily refused, claiming Kogoro is part of a plan or something. Gin is pretty loyal. Also, Eri did not know Ran went over to Agasa's. She could have been killed as well. Don't you think the boss would think it is risky to rely on Vermouth to defy Gin rather than take the simple route and tell Gin to stand down for now? Also Midori is an anime original character who appeared late in the manga as a cameo. Gosho would not have written her into the main plot without setting her up as a serious character in the manga first. Ditto goes with the movie 2 plot. It has to be in the manga to be considered canon.

• Upvote 2

Gin received permission from boss to kill Kogoro in FBI vs. Org. The boss could have easily refused, claiming Kogoro is part of a plan or something. Gin is pretty loyal. Also, Eri did not know Ran went over to Agasa's. She could have been killed as well. Don't you think the boss would think it is risky to rely on Vermouth to defy Gin rather than take the simple route and tell Gin to stand down for now? Also Midori is an anime original character who appeared late in the manga as a cameo. Gosho would not have written her into the main plot without setting her up as a serious character in the manga first. Ditto goes with the movie 2 plot. It has to be in the manga to be considered canon.

Yes.. I've been following your rebuttals in the forum and I'm quite a fan. lol. 

This incident (Approval from Boss in FBI vs B.O.) is the only reason that puts the suspicion of Eri Kisaki into question. This "contradiction"  of personality is the major hindrance for this theory.. 

What I'm trying to propose, however, is the capacity of "the BOSS" as a human to make errors in his/her decisions.  If we'll put that to consideration, then we can almost "clear" this hindrance in this theory.

On the issue of her love for Kogorou... As i already mentioned... the probability of Gin succeeding was considered low because of 3 reasons.

1. Vermouth ( as seen, she "voiced out" her opposition to Gin when he said he got confirmation from the BOSS)

2. Conan (for obvious reasons.)

3. Akai (on whom the Boss considers as the most obvious threat to the org)

The appearance of the 2 so-called Silver Bullets and Vermouth is I think enough to put the BOSS at ease.. which was almost his/her undoing..

Also, Gin's words are all we have. He may have easily provided an "another meaning" to the Boss' words..

And if the Boss didn't approve, He/She may be seriously compromised in the organization because:

1. He/She agreed to murder Yasuteru Domon and Pisco.. why would he/she save a lowly detective like Kogorou? (Gin would most certainly be suspicious)

2. Gin would be suspicious of the whole Mouri family (also Conan) because that'd make The Boss and Vermouth seemed to be interested to them..

For her not knowing where Ran is, that's easy:

1. She could've invited Ran to have dinner w/ her or what..

2. She knew what Ran would do that day..

3. She "made" sure that Ran wouldn't be home...

It wasn't really accurate on why Ran was not in the house.. but for someone such as the Boss.. "arranging" things won't be difficult..

As said.. If we will continue w/ this line of thinking.. the "hindrance" to suspect Eri Kisaki would vanish.. and she will be . most likely, the most possible candidate to be the BOSS. 

About Midori ( I concur. My knowledge of DC is not 100% accurate though i try it to be..)

I mentioned in my post yesterday(i think?) that I'm trying to create a short-hand list of what i think is the most likely candidates for who the BOSS is..  my standards for choosing is very strict because only those who can counter all doubts against them can be included in this list.. as of now.. Eri Kisaki is what I've been thoroughly investigating because i strongly believe it's her..  i dont want to be biased though..

Honestly, with so much crap like "I think it's Shiratori because of that episode where he drinks, and I think It's Yusaku coz' it'll be more interesting that way.." ...

WTF? It's hard for me to collate the facts from rubbish.. only with guys like Chekhov can I know if i'm wrong or right... lol..

I really want some feedback on this theory. I want my theories to be disproved by someone! otherwise, i'll find that it would be boring to find out who the boss is..

Why Do I WASTE MY TIME FINDING THE BOSS' IDENTITY?

-----------> Coz' the boss' identity is like a puzzle to solve to me rather than waiting for Gosho Aoyama to reveal him. Indeed, his hints and the generally-"acknowledged" personality and truths about the boss is like his "challenge" for everyone to find out the truth. There's only one truth, after all.  And I would want to be one of the chosen few who can say.... " I F***ING KNEW IT!!!!!"

That way.. I may as well die tomorrow.. LOL! xD

What I'm trying to propose, however, is the capacity of "the BOSS" as a human to make errors in his/her decisions.  If we'll put that to consideration, then we can almost "clear" this hindrance in this theory.

So the boss is allowing the best killers in the Organization to try to murder her beloved spouse and possibly her daughter, because she is hoping her unreliable favorite will stop it in time by acting out of line? That's a pretty big error. It also goes against what Vermouth said about the boss being overly cautious. Why would the boss be so reckless with the ones she loves?

On the issue of her love for Kogorou... As i already mentioned... the probability of Gin succeeding was considered low because of 3 reasons.

1. Vermouth ( as seen, she "voiced out" her opposition to Gin when he said he got confirmation from the BOSS)

2. Conan (for obvious reasons.)

3. Akai (on whom the Boss considers as the most obvious threat to the org)

The boss didn't know that Conan or Akai would be there, so they don't count. That leaves the questionably reliable Vermouth.

The appearance of the 2 so-called Silver Bullets and Vermouth is I think enough to put the BOSS at ease.. which was almost his/her undoing..

The boss is not omniscient.

Also, Gin's words are all we have. He may have easily provided an "another meaning" to the Boss' words..

And if the Boss didn't approve, He/She may be seriously compromised in the organization because:

Gin isn't known for lying. I can't think of a single instance where something Gin said has been proven untrue, ignoring things where Gin may have been lied to himself.

1. He/She agreed to murder Yasuteru Domon and Pisco.. why would he/she save a lowly detective like Kogorou? (Gin would most certainly be suspicious)

2. Gin would be suspicious of the whole Mouri family (also Conan) because that'd make The Boss and Vermouth seemed to be interested to them..

The boss could say Kogoro is being mined for information, or is under watch because of involvement in past cases. Both of those are believable. Gin let Kogoro go when Vermouth lied and said she was using Kogoro for some purpose. If he listens to Vermouth, whom he does not trust after the Haunted Ship incident, surely the person that Gin works for is more trustworthy. Or, if Gin is insubordinate, have him killed.

For her not knowing where Ran is, that's easy:

1. She could've invited Ran to have dinner w/ her or what..

2. She knew what Ran would do that day..

3. She "made" sure that Ran wouldn't be home...

This is purely hypothetical so it can't be used as valid evidence. There is no evidence that Eri planned to force Kogoro or Ran out of the house on such short notice.
  • Upvote 1

It would seem ilogical that Dr. Agasa is the boss of BO. Afterall it would be counterproductive since the boss ordered to kill Sherry. Oh and if the movie Raven Chaser is to be trusted a BO agent called Irish said to Conan that the boss ("that person") would be suprised to know that he (Conan) is Shinichi and that he's still alive or something in those lines. It would seem counterproductive to shelter Sherry and at the same time let the agents go looking for her. That would contradict the whole story and even Gosho couldn't come up with something to make Agasa the BO boss now.