Detective Conan World
Lovestruck

DCW IRL Round 5: Game, Set, Match!

(Oh, yes! I'm in! Right now I'm only puttin my bio. I'll post the offical first message later.)

Name: Tsukiko

Nationality: Finnish

Appearance: Light brown hair, blue eyes. Pretty tall(170cm)

Description: Sometimes bright personality, sometimes a bit depressed. Wants to think things through but is mostly forces to act by an impulse.

Abilities: Pretty good detuctive skills and memory, good aim at throwing things(stones, knives, balls, pillows, anything), perfect pitch, not very fast in running but still in good condition, right handed

(Oh, yes! I'm in! Right now I'm only puttin my bio. I'll post the offical first message later.)

Name: Tsukiko

Appearance: Light brown hair, blue eyes. Pretty tall(170cm)

Description: Sometimes bright personality, sometimes a bit depressed. Wants to think things through but is mostly forces to act by an impulse.

Abilities: Pretty good detuctive skills and memory, good aim at throwing things(stones, knives, balls, pillows, anything), perfect pitch, not very fast in running but still in good condition, right handed

Your bio is supposed to be in the PM you were going to message me. However, I said we'd give a chance to people who have not participated in a round for a long time, that's why I'll accept this.

You're in.

Johan was at home. His exam week was over and his parents were at Lapland. He was bored. It was black out and that is why couldn't use his computer.

"Great. Home alone, black out, no good book to read, no TV or computer snowstorm and cold. Luckily we got wood stove. So what was in the post at yesterday?

He read the newspaper. Nothing really interesting. Few bills and odd letter. He opened it and red:

"Are you BORED? Are you willing to join us in the BEST & the MOST EXCITING gameshow? Well you got LUCKY!!! You're one of our FEW and RARE Lucky Ones! Don't miss your chance and be a part of this ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME opportunity!"

"Whoo fight will take off in 7 hours. Time to Helsinki will take at least 4 hours and in this weather it will take almost 6."

He called taxi and was in the train in 30 minutes.

(Hey, how about me? Are I'm in?)

Unfortunately no. However, as I mentioned in my status you'll be one of the back-up members, so if someone got kicked out and -if you want- you can take over his/her role.

(Hello all~~ ^_^ Below is a copy of my bio for the rest of the players to see~~)

Name: Sakila

Personality: Clueless, ditzy, annoying, optimistic, goody two-shoes, likes cutesy things ^___^ Has an obsession for black and pink

Appearance: Short black bob and black eyes, wearing a plain pink shirt with a lacy cardigan and a black skirt; wears a pink and black bow on the right side of her hair.

Abilities: Good actress and has a few athletic skills (basically the cheerleader-type who's in all the school plays and clubs and... I mean, you get it ^^")

Padding around in her black-and-pink polka-dotted jammies, the girl looked out the various windows in the apartment she shared with her roommate. Every window she looked out of, she saw snow, snow, and more snow. She heard her roommate in the kitchen and decided to join her. Walking past the front door, the girl saw an odd letter on the floor. She picked it up an ripped it open.

"Are you BORED? Are you willing to join us in the BEST & the MOST EXCITING game show? Well you got LUCKY!!! You're one of our FEW and RARE Lucky Ones! Don't miss your chance and be a part of this ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME opportunity!"

Interesting....

"Rooooomiee~~~!!!!" the girl skipped into the kitchen giddily. "Guess what! I'm going on a trip! I'm so so soooo happy! Aren't you happy for me?"

Her roommate was a bit shocked at the declaration but asked when. The girl checked the time on the ticket.

"OMG! Like now! The plane leaves in seven hours! I better start packing, rightrightright?!"

Giving her dumbfounded roommate a biiiiig hug, the girl ran up the stairs and packed all of her cutest dresses. She pulled on a light pink shirt and a lacy cardigan. She peeked out the window again and, seeing the snow, almost changed her mind. But no, she had to be determined. She put on a short, pleated black skirt and black boots. She knew how cold it was outside, but she had to look CUTE! And her skirt matched so perfectly with the rest of the outfit! Trying not to mind the absolute territory that were her knees, the girl picked up her three matching pink suitcases and stepped outside in her black coat. She hailed a cab and made her way to the airport.

Tucking her envelope into the outside compartment of her black purse, the girl peeked at the name one more time.

Sakila....

Well, it wasn't the first time she had stolen her roommate's identity. While the real Sakila was lounging around at home, she'd have some fun. "Sakila" rubbed her freezing knees and asked the taxi-driver to blast the heat a bit more.

"Of course...Miss...?"

"Miss... Sakila. Yes, my name's Sakila."

The girl smirked.

(Whew~~ There we go, first post!! Alright, I know some things seem a bit confusing. The girl in the story is my character. She is roommates with someone named Sakila. Sakila--the REAL Sakila is unimportant in this story, people. The fake Sakila stole the real Sakila's invitation and is pretending to be her. For the sake of simplicity, MY PLAYER'S NAME FROM NOW ON IS GOING TO BE...SAKILA. Got it? Good!)

Tsukiko grinned like maniac as she read the invitation letter. Without any second thoughts she went to pack her suitcase with clothes and some usefull stuff she might need. Only Merlin knew what could happen there. After that she took a copy about the letter and left it on the kitchen table after writing on it: OLEN AUSTRALIASSA((transl. I'M AT AUSTRALIA))

She called a taxi and made her way to Helsinki-Vantaa Airport. The flight would leave awfully soon so she didn't waste time in check-in and security things. And after getting her shoulder bag and violet coat she had barely time to visit bathroom and buy some snacks for the long flight before going to gate.

"They could've left a bit more time for me..." She thought as she collapsed on her seat next to window. "But I was lucky anyways. Australia, here I come..."

(ok here is my bio.)

Name: Johan

Appearance: Light brown hair which is messy. He doesn't got facial hair. Gray-green eyes. Pale skinned and tall. Wears normally t-shirt, blue jeans and hoodie.

Personality: He is happy person and got good sense of humour. He doesn't like people talking about him, if he can still hear his name from their chat.

Abilities: Not good runner or weight lifter. Knows how to deal with animals. Is right handed but is quite good with his left too. Average swimmer

(Which airport is our destination?)

It was already 17:15 and the flight was going to take of very soon. Johan just arrived to Helsinki-Vantaa Airport after 2 hours too long train trip. Luckily there was no many people at the security-check

"Damm, there is not much time left. Gotta hurry to check-in."

He made check-in in record time and ran to the gate.

"No! Let me in first!", Johan shouted to the flight attendant.

"You need to hurry. Your luggage will not follow you at this flight. It will came to Australia day later. We will inform you." , she said to Johan.

"I don't got anything else than this" He said as he patted his backpack and ran to the tunnel.

Australia, Australia.... So exotic!, thought Sakila as she boarded the plane. The stupid lame airport didn't let her take more than two carry-ons with her on the plane, but she'd, ah, persuaded the steward to let her take all her luggage with her. She giggled as she remembered her excessive pouting and puppy-dog eyes.

Point 1 for Sakila, 0 for airport security!

She hated flying, but the thought of Australia wouldn't leave her. The flight was long, but she found herself giddy.

"Hi!" she said to the person sitting next to her. "My name's Sakila!! Nice to meet you!!"

She flashed them her trademark smile.

(Who wants to sit next to me on the plane?! Ah, and I'm traveling from the U.S.)

(Bio Here~)

Name: Kamila

Appearance: Asian, brown eyes with black hair, little tall for her age, wears a mixture of dresses and pants/t-shirts.

Personality: Bouncy at times, hates to lose at any competitive game (thats why she doesn't play them), has a very realistic personality; well-grounded. May over-react/over-do it at times.

Ability: Able to form a solid picture quickly. Can store a picture in her head for quite a while. Does not like to show what she can do, she usually keeps to herself and see what others do.

Kamila shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She didn't know who sent that letter, and what she was getting herself into, but it was better than just staying in her house. Mother and father are all overseas, so they don't even worry about her.

She planned her trip-Take the train to USA, take a plane from there. The train was quite fast, and now she was on the plane. She looked out of the window.

(I shall sit beside Sakila ouo)

"Hi!" Said a voice. Kamila jumped. "My name's Sakila!! Nice to meet you!!"

Kamila turned around. She saw a girl about 3 years older than her. She noted how "Sakila" looked like in her mind.

"Uh...Hello there...?" Kamila smiled.

(First post, and now I shall wait for the next person to respond!)

"Uh… Hello there…?"

It was a young girl--by her facial features, she couldn't have been older than 12. Is she all alone on this flight? Sakila pouted slightly at the thought... The girl was just, she was just... SO CUUUUTE!!!!!

Sakila just wanted to cuddle her and cuddle her forever!!

Sakila spent the rest of the trip somewhat harassing the poor girl whose name she found out to be Kamila. Before they knew it, they'd landed in Australia

(Mabel's sitting next to meh!! Ignore my nonsense :P sorry for annoying you throughout the flight, Mabel-chan~ And your chara name is beautiful~)

Ash rubbed her hands together for warmth as she entered the house, her mail tucked under her arm. "Cold..." She sighed and grabbed the now tepid cider from the breakfast table, looking through the letters. "Bill, bill, homeowners' association..." With a frown she slipped the bulk of the envelopes under the door to her parents' bedroom. "They'll just get them when they get back from the trip. It's so freaking boring here..."

Ash stretched and grabbed a Chinese takeout box from the fridge, popping it in the microwave. Two minutes later she was slurping up lo mein and looking through the rest of her mail. "College junk... huh?" She raised an eyebrow at the scrawled capital letters on the front. Flipping it over, she broke the seal and began reading...

"Are you BORED? Are you willing to join us in the BEST & the MOST EXCITING gameshow? Well you got LUCKY!!! You're one of our FEW and RARE Lucky Ones! Don't miss your chance and be a part of this ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME opportunity!"

"...Alright, this is crap..." She finished her noodles and tossed out the box, about to throw out the envelope, when a plane ticket fell out... "Wha-?" She blinked, then picked it up. "... I guess it's something to do."

A short while later she was at the airport, lugging a suitcase half-full of her brother's old clothes and papers. After presenting her ticket she boarded the plane, looking around for a place to sit. An attendant rushed past, jostling her, and she squeezed against the seat, for once glad of her small size. Ash wanted to sit next to someone around her own age of seventeen, mostly so she wouldn't be mistaken for a boy by some old woman.

Sighing and shuffling past the aisle seats beside a pair of grandmotherly women, she stopped at an empty area. After looking around, she stowed her bag in the storage and sat by the window, picking up the pile of magazines and papers from the seat pocket. "Let's see if there's any information about this show..."

"What's your name?" "How old are you?"

Kamila sighed. Sakila was sure talkative. She thought.

She looked out at the Australia scenery and gaped at it.

She poked at Sakila and pointed at the window. "Look at that, isn't it pretty?"

she whispered, trying hard not to wake up the other people and keeping her

excited-ness in control. She turned back to see a building. Her thoughts

went back to that invitation.

"Are you BORED? Are you willing to join us in the

BEST & the MOST EXCITING gameshow? Well you got..."

"Gameshow? Why would someone mail in a letter addressed to a 12 year old girl

telling her to go to a GAMESHOW?" she wondered.

The plane landed.

(O_O But Seriously who would invite a 12 yr old? Don't worry, I can have patience at times. at times. :P And thank you very much <3 (i got it from a game) Sakila)

(O_O But Seriously who would invite a 12 yr old? Don't worry, I can have patience at times. at times. :P And thank you very much <3 (i got it from a game) Sakila)

[Well, invitations was sent randomly. Whoever was the sender did not knew the ages of the 'lucky ones'.]

(My first post here. Very long introduction I know... :P bear with me.)

You don't need to read it if you don't want to. Haha~

----

"Hey babe~~~ School just ended for you?" 

A voice, seemingly familiar, came from somewhere behind. Footsteps, belonging to quite a number, approached the girl.

"..."

This, is a normal, fine, and usual Friday afternoon, like every other. there had been nothing out of the ordinary, nothing unpleasant happened yet, and whatever that had, was kinda expected. 

And as per usual, some 'friendly' neighbourhood males decided to hang around the streets before the weekends, picking up females. Their targets change rapidly, approaching any skirt-wearing homosapiens they can find. Spot, aim and kill. All this will  happen again the following week, and then the following week again with all of this repeating like a routine.

'They', the general public, said that this, is men's 'desire', and their hobby. It is their understanding of 'happiness', derived from 'pleasure' and 'excitement'. It is said to be like a drug, an addiction, something which they themselves cannot stop... Read somewhere that is a strong feeling, an emotion caused by the emission of a certain chemical in the body. The 'desire' for 'pleasure', for 'excitement'.

"Come on, don't ignore me~" the guy prompted "You know, its pretty 'hot' today, we can chill out at my bar~ my treat~"

He continued to inch closer. "And my dad, he owns a hotel you see... If you have the time, we can..." the guy paused for a while before whispering into her ear. "... have some fun together after that~" With that the guys behind him simultaneously started to cheer.

"..."

"...I have the looks and the money and I can buy you whatever you want if you be my girl~ So how about it hmm? Not a bad deal right? Wanna consider?"

"..."

These, are some of the lowly scums of the 'higher' society. They live under the shadow of their parents, relying on them for money and security. One day, they will be inheriting the fortune of their parents. Thus, they do not need to work hard. But resulting from that, they do not really have any skills or talent, and will resort to using money for everything else. They believe that all people have the 'desire' for money. And they can use 'money' to exchange for other things that they 'desire', which usually does work for them. 

Also, these people, because their paths are already set, they are devoid of dreams, and goals. They do not think about the future and only concentrate on the present. Their eyes are dead.

"..." The girl continued to walk, ignoring those guys who kept on going off about how rich their parents are and trying their utmost best to impress.

Finally they gave up. These males have sighted another worthy female and are preparing again to give chase. Looks like humans obey the natural order as well. But just why are they doing this in a group? For confidence? Or to put on pressure? 

'M' continued her walk back to where she was staying currently. Finally she reached, after some detours due to some persistent males. 

She pulled out her key and unlocked the room. She went in. 

Infront of her is a dirty, small and cramped room, filled with the smell of rotten meat and blood and wine. Empty beer bottles are sprawled around everywhere. At the side of the room laid a middle aged man. He seemed to be dead drunk.

This is the result of that kind of scum who lived life comfortably under their parents fortune. When all of it is gone... this is the result. Wife left, jobless, forced to sell the house... etc. Typical. All that he has left is his daughter, adopted one though. 

Kind-hearted? No. The orphanage promised a sum of money every month to him if he adopted the girl. The orphanage was given a sum of money every month anonymously for her. However, even so, they were not able to handle her, so they decided on 'selling' her off. This man had been the longest one that she had stayed with. Since he does not really bother about her, and she does not really care about him, there's no issues. If it weren't for all the paperwork requiring a guardian, she would have been fine on her own.

This really doesn't bother her still, since she has her own freedom. Unlike previously, where she had to even change her name many times to suit the family culture and tradition. (Yes, there had been Chinese, Japanese, etc)

After so many name changes, she has already forgotten her actual name. She only remember that it starts with 'M'. Her 'father' now gave her the name 'Amber' because that's his ex-wife's name and he seemed to love her. 

Love? What is love?  

For the girl, it didn't really matter. She decided long ago that she didnt need to know. 

She also decided that others will call her 'M' instead of Amber. Well, short for 'Amber' is 'Am' and it sounds like 'M'.. Naming herself the same name as her 'mother' really doesn't sound logical. And if she received letters with the name 'Amber' it would be trouble, even though no one would send a letter to 'her' here. She really doesn't care what her name is otherwise.

Picking up the letters, she started to sieve through the bills and advertisements to see if there were any letters for her. 

"..." M spotted one letter addressed to 'Amber'.

"..."

She slid the letter under her shirt, and after checking that there are no other letters addressed to 'Amber' she took the letter and slipped out of the house.

She found a quiet spot in the park and opened the letter. She read through the contents and found it interesting. After thinking through about it, she made a decision.

I'll post the reason next time... :P

Can't catch me now, now can you Misa?

"Feya!" Misaki yelled out as she forced herself to run faster. "Wait for me! Geez!"

Said person let out a laugh and grinned wildly as she spun around, her long silver hair spreading out as if they were wings. Hey, you wanted to race! Not my fault you were the one who challenged me, the best runner ever!

She gave a sheepish smile, thinking back to only a few minutes earlier when she was talking about how she ran the fastest in gym class that day, which led to Feya making a comment on how she was faster and Misaki challenging her. She slowed herself to a stop as she caught up to the girl before saying, "I know, I know.... But still~." She gave a pout. "You didn't have to go that fast."

The once teasing look on her face morphed more to a sweet expression as she gently tussled her friend's black tresses. Sorry, sorry. But we should hurry home, that TV show you like will be on soon.

She looked at her watch. She quickly showed signs of panic as she exclaimed, "Oh no! You're right! Come on Feya, I absolutely cannot miss the episode!"

~~~~

Misaki's legs swung happily from her chair as her eyes stayed glued to the screen. Her expressions changed rapidly, from shock to excitement to horror and so much more as the episode progressed. Feya stood by her, glancing at the action on the TV every now and then before giving a remark. Don't you think the sound is a bit loud?

She stopped looking at the screen, turning her head and meeting lavender eyes. She replied, "But Feya~ It's not that loud. Plus, it makes the house feel less empty since no one's home!"

The woman let out a sigh, knowing pressing further would get a whining fit. So, instead, her eyes drifted towards the table, where a multitude of letters lied. She normally didn't pay much attention to the mail, but one letter seemed to stand out. Misaki, pick up that letter over there and read it. It looks intriguing.

Once again, Misaki's eyes left the TV, giving a pout but reached for the letter anyway. After she had teared the envelope open, whatever was in it was dumped out onto the table. Feya leaned over her shoulder, reading the contents of this mysterious letter with the younger girl.

Are you BORED? Are you willing to join us in the BEST & the MOST EXCITING gameshow? Well you got LUCKY!!! You're one of our FEW and RARE Lucky Ones! Don't miss your chance and be a part of this ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME opportunity!

Her friend pondered over the letter. But the silver haired girl noted something colorful that had come from the envelope. As she skimmed what it said, her eyebrows furrowed together. A plane ticket to Australia? But why...?

Misaki put down the letter before picking up the ticket, examining it for a moment before gasping, "You're right! And the flight leaves in a few hours!"

She gave her a look. And boy did she know this look. "Feya..."

No. No no no no no she could not possibly think that-

"We should go to Australia!"

How Misaki. To be impulsive and want to go to a new country just because she had gotten a ticket. They didn't even know who it was from, much less if it was safe to go. Misaki, we shouldn't. What if it's dangerous?

"No way! We'll be fine~ Especially since I have you to protect me!"

Misaki...

"Please?"

Damnit. She was giving Feya the second most common look she had: the puppy dog eyes. And she knew how hard it was to resist them. She could already feel herself give into them. But she had to stay strong. Because she had a bad feeling about this trip.

But you're too young to be going off on your own like that. What if you worry your parents?

"I'm 15! That's is totally old enough! And my parents should be fine with it. I know that for a fact."

She gave a sigh. You know what? Fine. Let's go. But I swear, I'm not going to protect you if something bad happens.

Misaki let out a delighted squeal as she shouted out a "Yay!" before scrambling up the stairs to pack, paying no mind to the latter half of Feya's reply.

Because she knew that Feya would always protect her. Always.

------

(Finally wrote! So, in case you're wondering who the hell Feya is, she is Misaki's imaginary friend. Because yes, my character has one at 15. Bio for her is below since she's an NPC. Also, whenever she speaks, what she says is in bold.)

Name: Feya

Appearance: Long silver hair reaching her lower back, pale white skin, lavender eyes, seems to be 5'8, wears a light blue sleeveless dress with no shoes

Personality: Rational, careful, kind, maternal type, a bit of a worrywart, acts a bit mature

Quick Background Info: Feya's been with Misaki since she was 9, appearing for who knows what reasons. She could be seen as Misaki's more rational and mature side to Misaki's personality.

The flight was long and extremelly boring. Tsukiko spent the majority of the time by sleeping or reading her manga books. After yawning for the umpteenth time the boy siiting next to her snorted in a disapproving way.

"What?" The girl snapped to him.

"If you are that tired you should just sleep more." The boy replied behind his book.

"Oh, sorry if I happen to be awake but I have already slept enough. At least as much as I can after extremelly tiring exam week."

"Exam week? I just had one too."

"And decided to celebrate the end of it in Australia???"

"Well, yes... and no... How about you?"

"More or less... Maybe yes..." Tsukiko smirked to the boy's annoyed face. "Hey, you didn't give me a proper answer either."

The boy muttered something incoherent under his breath and turned away. Tsukiko sighed. "What's your name by the way?"

"Johan. Yours?"

"You can just call me Tsukiko."

"Tsukiko? You don't look like a Japanese girl at all."

"I don't and I know it."

((Oh, yes... I just had to put Heksu sit next to me :D))

(Another filler paragraph)

Let's continue~ :D

M tore open the letter. Even though she thought the letter was not for her, she still opened it anyway. Her identification pass DOES show 'Amber' anyway. 

The letter wrote: 

M read the letter again. There was a ticket behind. To Australia. 

"..."

M was not a person who would get interested in anything easily. However, the letter caught her attention.

Her eyes scanned the letter again. And again. And again. With her eyes concentrated on these particular words - "BORED", "EXCITING".

"are you BORED"..."the MOST EXCITING" ... "are you BORED"..."the MOST EXCITING" ... "are you BORED"..."the MOST EXCITING" ... ... ... ... ...

'Bored... Am I...?

M thought about what happened in the evening. She pulled out a mirror from her pocket and looked into it.

'My eyes... look exactly like theirs...' she stared more, harder...into the mirror.

'...'

M thought harder. With every thought, she initiated another, and another and another...

'Bored... Am I? ... Am I bored? ......................

What is exciting? ... ... Excitement? ....... Will I... Will I be able to feel ... what is excitement? If I went... would I...feel? Excitement? If I feel... Would I desire? Would I know what is desire? Would I feel desire? Desire? Want? Will I know? Would I find something I WANT? Would I ... Would I!??? I would?? !!!!!!!! ... I WANT TO KNOW!'

M suddenly stood up grabbing the letter in her hand.

'If I went..!'

With that, she rushed back to the apartment. Determined. But this, she hasn't even realized, that this was the first time she had this feeling...

Ash flipped through the magazines, not finding anything interesting, before dropping them back in the cubby. "Nothing about this game show stuff..." She stared out the window, ignoring the noise coming from other passengers talking or moving around. She flagged down an attendant and asked for a menu. After ordering two bowls of noodles she continued her reading and pondering. "Wonder what it'll be like..."

(... I hope this isn't going to end up as another IRL round where our lives are at stake...)

(yes it is going to it.)

Johan put his book away.

"Good book, only bad thing in it was that it is now red.", he thought and said: "Do you read much books? Except schoolbooks.

But he noticed that Tsukiko was sleeping. He looked his watch and noticed it was already 23:00

"Maybe I should sleep too.

"Sakila." Mark sighed, then closed his one open eye. "I think I've heard that name before. Something tells me this 'Sakila' isn't who she claims to be...but who knows?"

Mark quickly toned out the noises of the airplane and the excessive talking from 'Sakila', like he was used to doing on planes, then thought back to the letter. He was certainly bored, but Mark never really liked gameshows. However, he hated to waste opportunities, so he tucked in his few belongings into a backpack and a small bag (both of them which were carry-on).

The plane landed smoothly, and Mark loosened up. He looked outside the window, and watched the gate approach from his point of view. "I wonder how this trip will unfold," he wondered aloud, then got ready to leave the plane.

(On the same plane as Sakila.)