Detective Conan World
IdentityUnknown

DCW IRL General Info and FAQ

DCW IRL Round 10  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a special DCW IRL Round? (takes place during the summer)

• Yes, definitely.
    • Probably.
    • If I have time.
    • Most likely not.
    • No.
    • Undecided.

Alright, so...the polls standings are like this:

# of people per round:

5 or 8

# of NPCs allowed to be created per person:

1 (for this case, exceptions may be made if the mod allows it)

An additional round of DCW IRL will not be added.

I'll give the poll four more hours and then it'll be closed.

!!!New Additional Rules!!!

- Each round of DCW IRL will have a maximum of 8 people. The moderator of each round may lower the amount if they choose to do so.

- Each person is allowed to create a maximum of 1 NPC. Exceptions may be granted by the moderator and the moderator may create NPCs if deemed necessary.

- There will not be an additional round created.

Poll will soon be put up with further rules, including:

- Rules for godmodding

- Rules regarding alternate universes (such as but not limited to: Detective Conan, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, etc.)

- Rules for godmodding

I still think you need to define where using a character crosses over into godmodding. I personally think you could define it as 'controlling a character beyond using them for basic actions and dialogue.' That's just me.

- Rules regarding alternate universes (such as but not limited to: Detective Conan, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, etc.)

I think alternate universe themed rounds (if that's what you're getting at) should be done sparingly and planned far ahead of time.

I still think you need to define where using a character crosses over into godmodding. I personally think you could define it as 'controlling a character beyond using them for basic actions and dialogue.' That's just me.

I think alternate universe themed rounds (if that's what you're getting at) should be done sparingly and planned far ahead of time.

Which is why we're taking a poll on it since I'm still deciding on boundaries. And your definition works. There's no way to explicitly state how it would be, so we'll allow the moderators to decide on what works and what doesn't.

Alright, so, rules. I don't think that we need to take a poll at the moment.

Each player may control other characters for basic actions and dialogue. The moderator of each round will decide what is considered godmodding. They may set boundaries regarding # of uses per post if they choose to do so.

AU themed rounds will not be played at the present time. They will be planned ahead of time and announced ahead of time. Joining ahead of time is not permitted, like all rounds, they will be done on a first come first serve basis. A trial round with a maximum number of 5 people will be launched in the future. AU rounds can be requested, though those who request rounds may not necessarily be agreed to and due to the first come first serve rule, they will have to work hard to join. Those who would like to moderate AU rounds when announced should message IdentityUnknown.

I'd also like feedback and other improvements for further rounds after the current beta round.

The next DCW IRL round details:

Starting Date: Around September 7th

# of Spots (open): 8

# of Spots (total): 8

Topic: Unannounced

Total Time: ?

Ending Date: About October 7th

Ending Date Extension: October 12th

There will be NO spot reservations. There is one exception, which will be explained below.

The MVRP (Most Valuable RolePlayer) award of the previous round goes to Akai Sera for her unique role and obvious effort. Unfortunately, we do not at this time have a prize. However, if it is requested, the MVRP may be given one reservation for one of the next two rounds of DCW IRL.

No one may be the MVRP for two consecutive rounds of DCW IRL. The MVRP will be decided on by myself and the moderator of the round. We may ask others for their input.

Online again after one day with out PC after my PC got struck by a lighting (Ouch...)

For the IRL topic, I couldn't agree more what's it (Really XD)

Ari (OTTD Player)

Just sign up on time.

So, it's like first come, first served? What about those who aren't there when it's open? And another thing, what about the people who, didn't get in last round, but also doesn't get in this round, because it's already filled up, shouldn't they be allowed to join instead of those who were in last round? So, you know, everybody gets the chance to play? Just asking.

So, it's like first come, first served?

What about those who aren't there when it's open? And another thing, what about the people who, didn't get in last round, but also doesn't get in this round, because it's already filled up, shouldn't they be allowed to join instead of those who were in last round? So, you know, everybody gets the chance to play? Just asking.

It is first come, first serve.

(Note: the stuff following consists of my views, not necessarily IdentityUnknown's)

I disagree, but not because I don't want everyone to play, first of all. The reason is the complexity of doing so. First, how do we decide who gets to play and who doesn't? By the number of rounds they participated in? What if all those rounds were not next to each other? What if that round in particular was lackluster? How, indeed, do we decide?

Even if we manage to decide a basic set of factors, the list would have to be updated frequently. Also, how many people should be given this special privilege? Say 8, the current established guideline. If all 8 people decided to invoke their power, they would effectively 'block' off a round not only for regulars, but for other fairly new people. If the number is too low, not only will not enough people be satisified, but the list would have to be updated more frequently than usual. I personally believe that there should be no reservations made for DCW IRL rounds under all circumstances (in fact, I've requested IU about this), but we already have MVRP. Do we really need more reserved spots? For every reserved spot, another person cannot join.

My ultimate belief is that if you want to play, sign up quickly. And if you don't, it's tough luck. That's how life works, no?

• Upvote 2

So, it's like first come, first served? What about those who aren't there when it's open? And another thing, what about the people who, didn't get in last round, but also doesn't get in this round, because it's already filled up, shouldn't they be allowed to join instead of those who were in last round? So, you know, everybody gets the chance to play? Just asking.

It is first come, first serve.

(Note: the stuff following consists of my views, not necessarily IdentityUnknown's)

I disagree, but not because I don't want everyone to play, first of all. The reason is the complexity of doing so. First, how do we decide who gets to play and who doesn't? By the number of rounds they participated in? What if all those rounds were not next to each other? What if that round in particular was lackluster? How, indeed, do we decide?

Even if we manage to decide a basic set of factors, the list would have to be updated frequently. Also, how many people should be given this special privilege? Say 8, the current established guideline. If all 8 people decided to invoke their power, they would effectively 'block' off a round not only for regulars, but for other fairly new people. If the number is too low, not only will not enough people be satisified, but the list would have to be updated more frequently than usual. I personally believe that there should be no reservations made for DCW IRL rounds under all circumstances (in fact, I've requested IU about this), but we already have MVRP. Do we really need more reserved spots? For every reserved spot, another person cannot join.

My ultimate belief is that if you want to play, sign up quickly. And if you don't, it's tough luck. That's how life works, no?

I think I kind of agree with KtPt... And moho's concerns are also valid... But I think it is a little unfair if we leave it to luck. If it just happens that some people are around when the thread starts and they casually sign up for it, leaving no room for the people who really wish to join. People can't be here 24/7 checking the threads every second...

We can't have a system for reservation, but I think we can let the mods set an approximate timeframe for sign ups? (e.g 7 sep 11-2pm gmt) That way people who want to join can log in at that time. And the mods can set it at a time when they are convenient. Fastest fingers win then. Another form of first come first serve...

There's no perfect system. Originally, I wanted two rounds simultaneously to give more people a chance, but Moho wasn't ready and I can't take over at this time. So in the future, I'd like there to be two rounds to give more people an opportunity. You can only join one round as an RPer at a time (though you can be a mod for the other), which should allow more people to play. Unfortunately, unlike Mafia, big rounds easily get out of hand.

Due to timezones, again, no perfection. We can always do something like first 4 people at XX time and next 4 people at XX time, but no perfection. We're not a big scale operation and we can't do everything we'd like to do. It's not like we can set up stations for every timezone to give everyone a fair chance. Believe me, if we could, we would.

That being said, we are going to be making adjustments regularly. Just give us some time.

...I need to stop referring to myself as us.

>>

On another note, I need some people to help me coordinate everything and give opinions and advice on a more regular basis (so I can refer to you people as "we"). If you're interested, PM me,

Well, one thing we can do to prevent people from complaining why they weren't able to sign up quickly is to announce the date and time of the sign-up time beforehand. So it's first come, first serve.

So...if we announce it beforehand....people will be able to expect when it will be and try their best to be there when the time arrives.

The time and date should be specific, but...because of timezones.....

Well, what we can do to overcome that timezone problem is instead of posting the date and time as it is, why not post it like:

THE SIGN-UP WILL START IN 3 DAYS AND 6 HOURS. 

So that people will know when it'll start and expect it. Well...they just have to compute the time, of course.

onioncleanplz.gif?1

• Upvote 2

Well, one thing we can do to prevent people from complaining why they weren't able to sign up quickly is to announce the date and time of the sign-up time beforehand. So it's first come, first serve.

So...if we announce it beforehand....people will be able to expect when it will be and try their best to be there when the time arrives.

The time and date should be specific, but...because of timezones.....

Well, what we can do to overcome that timezone problem is instead of posting the date and time as it is, why not post it like:

THE SIGN-UP WILL START IN 3 DAYS AND 6 HOURS. 

So that people will know when it'll start and expect it. Well...they just have to compute the time, of course.

onioncleanplz.gif?1

Sounds like a good idea to me~