Detective Conan World
Scar Akai

useless guys

Look, our websites have more than 300 members but only about 300 have posted. So why not delete the accounts of people who have joined for more than a year but have never logged in since then? We can also delete accounts which have been in validating condition for more than X months.

I agree. I think that some accounts should be deleted. They're just wasting space and stuff. No need to keep them if they don't do anything.

I agree with that. What's the use of signing up here in DCW if we don't post or share our ideas and contributions? Some members don't even post an introduction. What if we delete the accounts of those who haven't posted an introduction within two weeks from signing up?

Not everyone who joins up feels compelled to post here. We have quite a few folks who read and lurk on the forums without posting a single time. It would be pointless and foolish to rid ourselves of those who read and visit regularly but decide that they don't really want to post here.

Why go through the work or the detection needed to figure out which type of accounts are which? I doubt DCW is drowning under the data of unused accounts.

If someone wants to claim a better name belonging to an unused account, then let there be some criteria - like the person who wants the account name needs to have X posts and desired never-posted account is given a notification they have two weeks to reply to.

Why go through the work or the detection needed to figure out which type of accounts are which? I doubt DCW is drowning under the data of unused accounts.

You hit the nail on the head. It'd be too much pointless work.

Okay, what is the point in deleting them? what if I was busy and could not visit the website for some time and when I do want to sign in I can't because my account has be deleted....???

i agree 100%

Not everyone who joins up feels compelled to post here. We have quite a few folks who read and lurk on the forums without posting a single time. It would be pointless and foolish to rid ourselves of those who read and visit regularly but decide that they don't really want to post here.

that's true

If someone wants to claim a better name belonging to an unused account, then let there be some criteria - like the person who wants the account name needs to have X posts and desired never-posted account is given a notification they have two weeks to reply to.

That would make a lot of sense!

Okay, what is the point in deleting them? what if I was busy and could not visit the website for some time and when I do want to sign in I can't because my account has be deleted....???

I agree with that point...but..

I agree with that. What's the use of signing up here in DCW if we don't post or share our ideas and contributions? Some members don't even post an introduction. What if we delete the accounts of those who haven't posted an introduction within two weeks from signing up?

She makes a good point too.

There are accounts that logged on, browsed once, then shut down and never came back...it would be pointless to do bolded

action above, but accounts that aren't doing nothing...just chop them up and throw them into the gutter.

If users are just going to make an account just because they want to, browse once and leave forever, then those people should be weeded out.

About the claim with the username...that is a very good idea.

Okay. I take back what I posted. Just why do they bother to make accounts if they don't want to contribute?

Okay. I take back what I posted. Just why do they bother to make accounts if they don't want to contribute?

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I think the members that joined in 2010, but have no posts until now should be deleted, what do you think?

please dont be so mean about them, i think they can still catch up soon. They are still our friends who love DC, this site id for everyone who loves DC. maybe you can post announcements for them. :razz:

• Upvote 1

please dont be so mean about them, i think they can still catch up soon. They are still our friends who love DC, this site id for everyone who loves DC. maybe you can post announcements for them. :razz:

Sadly, the argument "they are still our friends who love DC", does not seem to satisfy me. Honestly, I want people on DCW to post and contribute, not crawl and blow dead air.

Well this may be someones first time on a site like this and they may need a little time to get comfortable sharing with the DCW community. If we show ourselves friendly some may come around. lets not be too hasty to rid ourselves of them :mellow: Who knows they may turn into the biggest contributors on DCW. If it's been a year or two and they never posted that may be a different story all together.

Well this may be someones first time on a site like this and they may need a little time to get comfortable sharing with the DCW community. If we show ourselves friendly some may come around. lets not be too hasty to rid ourselves of them :mellow: Who knows they may turn into the biggest contributors on DCW. If it's been a year or two and they never posted that may be a different story all together.

Those guys are the guys I suggest we get rid of. I like newcomers, but old newcomers that never posted...yuk.

As someone who made an account a while ago and hasn't posted for a while i feel I should chime in. Well, I kind of stopped coming cuz nobody was talking, I came back just now because someone apparently friend'd me and I reminded me about this site. It's a great site and all, I just well Conan is kind of pissing me off. But that's a separate issue. Hows everybody doing?

As someone who made an account a while ago and hasn't posted for a while i feel I should chime in. Well, I kind of stopped coming cuz nobody was talking, I came back just now because someone apparently friend'd me and I reminded me about this site. It's a great site and all, I just well Conan is kind of pissing me off. But that's a separate issue. Hows everybody doing?

Speak your purpose before I incinerate you...sillyp1.gif

Anyway, since people are talking, why don't you come back? The forum is now somewhat bustling...

Why can't other members come back...d33561e9.gifwe've grown so much...

Sadly, the argument "they are still our friends who love DC", does not seem to satisfy me. Honestly, I want people on DCW to post and contribute, not crawl and blow dead air.

well im sorry for that, but you see, when i was new here, i was just able to post a thread in the "introduce me" then after that, it took me a week i guess to be able to come back and have the confidence to post. One reason is not all the members are coming from the same countries. I guess we can still give them a chance, why not sent an email notification to those in-active acounts, and if they didn't comply, maybe it is the time for you to decide whether to keep or get rid of them.

Not everyone has time to come on DCW ALL THE TIME. Real life takes on a higher priority than a virtual one.

Besides, there are definitely people who will come back after years/months being inactive due to various reasons. They might have lost interest in DC at times, but rekindle their love for DC and come back here again and maybe contribute something.

Also, making an introduction is up to the person, why bother to make such a rule to "force" everyone here to make one? If s/he doesn't want to make one, so be it. You don't really need an introduction to know a person.

I think people in DCW shouldn't worry about taking breaks and worry about whether or not his/her own account will get deleted. (I actually think it will get annoying awhile if you keep thinking whether or not your account in DCW is still here :wink:)

• Upvote 4

Not everyone has time to come on DCW ALL THE TIME. Real life takes on a higher priority than a virtual one.

Besides, there are definitely people who will come back after years/months being inactive due to various reasons. They might have lost interest in DC at times, but rekindle their love for DC and come back here again and maybe contribute something.

I put real life as a prioirty, and I still am one of the most active members.

I honestly wish people would come back.

I put real life as a prioirty, and I still am one of the most active members.

I honestly wish people would come back.

There are people who are busier than others irl.

People will come back when they feel like it. DCW is a place for people to have fun/relax/chill (at least I think so). Why are you making it sound like it's their responsibility to come back? :/. I think the more you try to get people to come back, all the more the adverse will actually happen instead.