Detective Conan World
jimmyjr123

Post Your Top 5 Pokemon and WHY!

Haven't played in a while...

My team of 5...

1. Volt -Pikachu ...Voltackle, Quick Attack, Discharge, Thunder... holds Light Ball

Ah My Fave! I have collections of them! >:D

Cute, awesome, main character (kinda), yellow! Used to be my top fave, but now second...

I have a Pikachu that knows Sing and Teeter dance :P from Even. Also another one with Fly and another with surf..... hmmm... LOL I love Pikachu!!!!

2. Jerry -Raticate ... Endeavor, reversal, counter, Quick attack... Holds Focus band

Well, the second pokemon I caught back in RGB series.... it's quick and pretty basic to start with and very good attack when it comes to physical attacks for a starting pokemon team. Hmm... this is a cheap move... if I get lucky. I can use Endeavor if I survive an attack when it is low health. then I use Quick attack... or I can just use Reversal/counter. This one is pretty much used for eliminating a pokemon that I know I can't defeat easily...

3. NoItAl (Know-it-all)-Noctowl... Hynosis, Dreameater,Psychic,Hyper beam... holds twisted spoon

My Favorite Poke of all times (Before this, it was Pikachu) Psychic buff, cheap move putting my foe into sleep and attacking...

4. Birdie -Pigeot ... Aerial Ace, Brave bird, Sky attack, Fly... holds Sharp beak

Pidgeot looks cool, and pidgy was my first to catch in RGB series. Basic flying pokemon you can get in RGB series decent speed and attack good support as soon as it leard gust.... Flying type-buff.... hmmm...

5. Unagi -Gyarados Outrage, Giga Impact,EarthQuake, Dragon Dance... holds Muscle band

LOL Unagi. yes. I was hungry. A powerful Physical attacker and I recommend this pokemon for Physical team.... Physical buff... hmmm

Edit: oops forgot to put reasons why...

hmmm I have few others but I don't quite remmeber them... and yes. I like the old ones...

Edited by Anti-APTX4869

I don't like reminding people that game exists because then they might buy it

I had that game once. But I gave it to my cousin because I hated it. :V What was even the point? If I want to battle, I'll go to the Battle Frontier. Perhaps I should change my top 5.... I'm really starting to like Serperior.... (because in Manly Pink, the creator decided to give it Spore, Dragon Claw, Tail Glow, and a bunch of other awesome moves by level up. XD) And I'll probably grow to love my Volcarona. (because they forgot to edit the TMs (it was originally a Seaking) and it can learn Water Pulse, Ice Beam, and probably even Surf. XD That'll be fun.)

I don't like reminding people that game exists because then they might buy it

The game really doesn't have the lasting appeal Colosseum or XD did, but then again, I got it dirt-cheap, and for that value, it's worth it. (9 dollars)

(because in Manly Pink, the creator decided to give it Spore, Dragon Claw, Tail Glow, and a bunch of other awesome moves by level up. XD) And I'll probably grow to love my Volcarona. (because they forgot to edit the TMs (it was originally a Seaking) and it can learn Water Pulse, Ice Beam, and probably even Surf. XD That'll be fun.)

I honestly never liked games that are essentially fangames or hacks off a ongoing game series.

AH!

1) Mew!

2) Mew!

3) Mew!

4) Mew!

5) MEW!!!!! <33333333333333333

:V

As for me...

1) Empoleon (first Pokemon I got to Lv 100)

2) Typhlosion (it's pretty good IMO and it's cute in its own way <3)

3) Eevee (so cute and so many possibilities for evolution <333)

4) Mew (so cute~ :3)

5) Butterfree (I just really like the Pokemon =X)

I honestly never liked games that are essentially fangames or hacks off a ongoing game series.

Manly Pink is by far the best hack I've played so far. :3 Shiny Gold X is pretty good, seeing it's an exact replica of Johto, but I think Liquid Crystal's supposed to be better. Besides, seeing my DS is dead, I can't play Gen V any other way, and a hack seems like a great way to do it. >:3 (not to mention this hack is much more difficult. I haven't beaten Gym Leader #4 yet, and my Pokes are at Lvl. 50 cuz that's how strong the trainers are. :V The champion's in the 85-90 range I think.) And I'm Nuzlocking it, so... very fun. :D Next, I'm going to play the Destiny Ruby series. :3 I've heard it's excellent.

Huh, well, I don't have a solid top 5, but I have a few strong ones I like:

- Glaceon: This Pokemon has some pretty neat combos. The abilities work great with Hail, Blizzard is unstoppable with 100% accuracy and STAB, and Galceon's EV trained Sp. Attack is insane. 'Nuff said.

- Gengar: A notoriously famous Pokemon used in competitive battles, the options are expanded even further in Gen V. Step 1: EV train Sp. Attack. Step 2: Teach it Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Hex, and Nightmare. Step 3: Let the destruction begin.

- Starmie: Another old school Pokemon that is great for the Battle Tower or whatnot. With an EV trained Sp. Attack, Surf (which also gets STAB), Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt will cover a lot of types for you. And of course Recover won't hurt in tight situations.

- Machamp: Finally, a physical sweeper. This guy has equally insane Attack as Glaceon and Gengar have Sp. Attack. Make sure it has No Guard as the ability, and EV train accordingly. Teach it Dynamicpunch and Cross Chop (for both 100% accuracy, thanks to No Guard, and STAB). Have Earthquake and Stone Edge as backup. You now have a killing machine.

- Pseudo-Legendaries: If trained right, these things can top most other Pokemon. There's too many to go through one by one, but if you know about Pokemon enough then you won't need a full explanation anyway.

Sinnoh first

Alright. In no particular order:

Azelf - This member of the lake trio is simply geared towards tearing things apart. Give Azelf a Focus Sash and it becomes an effective lead. Give Azelf something that boosts its power (Life Orb or Expert Belt or Choice Specs) and you've got an attacker. Movepool is nothing to sneeze at, and it knows Explosion, my favorite move.

Lickilicky - As Smogon states, "Lickilicky's movepool, like its tongue, stretches out to the horizon." Slow, but that also makes it a valuable part of Trick Room teams. What distinguishes this guy from Clefable or Snorlax is, quite frankly, Explosion. STAB Explosion will take out anything except Skarmory and other defensive walls, and Explosion makes a nice smoking crater in them as well.

Honchkrow - Gotta love the mobster bird. Moveset and stat spread is absolutely wonderful for a mixed attacker (or physical attacker, if you want to exploi its higher Attack), though Speed leaves a lot to be desired for a Flying-type.

Empoleon - Steel-types are good. Water/Steel types are very good. Empoleon makes an effective attacker who can take hits. Toxic immunity, also. Sadly, danged slow often dooms it to its fellow starter Infernape's Close Combat. In addition, Empoleon doesn't have the best movepool in the world.

Gastrodon - One weakness, but that weakness is easily exploited by fast Grass-types like Sceptile. But Gastrodon is a very nice asset for a Sandstorm team, because of Storm Drain. Moveset packs quite a bit of variety.

Notable mentions:

Dialga - Oh man, you can have some fun with Dialga. Steel typing on a Uber is something most other Ubers would die for, and on a Dragon-type as well! Gives it neutral damage to one of the most prevalant typing in Ubers: Dragons. However, attacking stats leave a bit to be desired for a Uber, and it's slow.

Heatran - Not sure what's with Heatran and it's status as a great revenge killer with Choice Scarf, but Scarfed Heatran has its merits...maybe?

Manaphy - When I imported that egg from Pokemon Ranger, this cute Poke came out. 100 base stats for all, and also has a nice ability in Hydration, even if its situational. This thing got me through the game.

Garchomp - My ultimate nightmare. Blazing Speed and absolutely GODLY Attack. Whether it's from Cynthia or competitive play, Garchomp is indeed, worthy of being a non-legendary Uber. Compatibility with multiple sets such as Swords Dance or Choice items makes it fairly unpredictable. In fact, Garchomp is so evil that the only thing that will counter Garchomp is...two Garchomps.

Nobody else likes Glaceon? Ah well, I guess a Hail team can be a bit hard to manage. The only Eeveelution that anybody ever considers is Umbreon.

And I have to say Togekiss and Gallade have also managed to impress me on a few occasions.

Nobody else likes Glaceon? Ah well, I guess a Hail team can be a bit hard to manage.

That and it's HP is less than stellar, it has a terrible type and an awful movepool :P

That and it's HP is less than stellar, it has a terrible type and an awful movepool :P

I guess. Can't expect much from an Eeveelution. And as for the awful movepool, one can't go wrong with Protect and Toxic to back up the Hail and Blizzard.

I guess. Can't expect much from an Eeveelution. And as for the awful movepool, one can't go wrong with Protect and Toxic to back up the Hail and Blizzard.

I suppose so, except the fact that Heatran, Blissey, and a bunch of others can truly wall Glaceon. Ice is a good offensive type, but a horrible defensive type.

Honestly, most of the Eeveelutions are pretty bad. Umbreon's a interesting one that manages to fit into several niches, but all of the Eeveeloutions suffer from bad movesets and general fraility or lack of speed.

As far as Sinnoh goes... *thinks* XD My Platinum team is almost completely Pokemon from Gen 1 and Gen 3 barring my Gallade. :P But I loved my Dragonite best. My top five change approximately daily now... :3 I liek Cyndaquil's now, because my Liquid Crystal Nuzlocke one kills things. <3 Tylo's so cute too!!!

Alright, Johto!

(we don't seem to be going in any order...)

Only two come to mind: Tyranitar and Umbreon. Tyranitar for its pseudo-legendariness and all the great move combos that come with it (I prefer using it as physical wall), and Umbreon for its pretty darned good ability to stall. Johto as a whole doesn't really have much to offer (100 new Pokemon, so I won't count any Pokemon from Kanto), though I guess a few honorable mentions would be Scizor and Skarmory. I just haven't used them myself personally, so they aren't "my" best Pokemon in Johto, but I hear they're both a force to be reckoned with.

Alright. Well, Johto Pokemon are kinda scarce, so let's see:

(no particular order again)

Smeargle - This guy seems like an oddity. Low base stats, and knows only one move. So, why? It's because the only move it knows, Sketch, allows Smeargle to permanently copy the move of any Pokemon, allowing its moveset to be virtually unlimited bar two moves: Sketch and Chatter, and who cares about Chatter?

Jumpluff - Speed + status moves = supporter. This cute Pokemon can lay down powders and Leech Seeds at blazing speeds. In addition, knowing Sunny Day turns Jumpluff into 1) a very effective Sunny Day team member and 2) making Jumpluff one of the fastest Pokemon in the game. Sad that attacking stats are mediocre.

Miltank - Stats seem geared towards either attacker or wall. And Miltank can do both, with appropriate moves for either purpose. In addition, 100 base Speed. Awesome. And Scrappy. Very, very good.

Wobbuffet - There is a reason why this Pokemon and its baby form, the BABY form, mind you, were banished to the Ubers tier. Actually, several reasons. How about these: Counter, Mirror Coat, Encore, and Shadow Tag? With obnoxious HP, Wobbuffet can absorb virtually any blow and Counter/Mirror Coat it. Encore can be used to made prediction much easier. And with Shadow Tag, the opponent isn't leaving any time soon.

Kingdra - Use Rain Dance. Watch Kingdra sweep through team. Success.

Notable mentions:

Skarmory - I used this guy in Hoenn, but Skarmory is known for being one of the best defensive walls, with Steel-typing and high Defense. Really, though, Skarmory can be used as a suitable attacker, as well.

Octillery - Uh...yeah. Octillery is kinda odd, with a large movepool and Suction Cups, of all things. This makes it useful for Baton Pass teams, but I never really liked those.

Houndoom - Special sweeper. Look at that high Sp. Atk and Speed. OK, maybe the Dark and Fire-typing may not be so good, but with Houndoom's fantastic offensive stats, not a lot of things will be left standing.